PDA

View Full Version : Some of the players worth the #2 overall

nick1
02-02-2005, 10:43 AM
the players who are worth the Dolphins #2 overall are Derrick Johnson, Antrell Rolle, Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers, Mike Williams, Braylon Edwards, and the three top RB's. but the only players who I would want for Miami are:

Derrick Johnson- going to be a monster LB
Benson, Brown, and Cadillac- all going to be good starting RB's

and thats it

UGAxFIN
02-02-2005, 07:13 PM
imo, with the number 2 pick with have to get the best player avail., or trade down, thats why we should either draft derrick, or just trade down, either would be fine by me

Poe
02-03-2005, 01:34 AM
Trading down works, hell anything works as long as we don't take ricky #2! sign a back through free agrency or a trade. it sucks to lose pat but another first round pick sounds nice, cause you never know about the #2 in this years draft.

FuturePhin
02-03-2005, 02:03 AM
Im for getting Johnson, signing Edge, and with the other first that we get for Surtain draft Elton Brown. With that, I wouldnt mind if we passed on the three running backs in this years draft. If we only sign Edge.....or Alexander, that would mean we would take the best player available.

kastofsna120
02-03-2005, 10:20 PM
i hope the niners get alex smith, i would HATE to see miami get him. what a bust. rodgers, brown, johnson, or trade down are the only options i like.

nick1
02-03-2005, 10:31 PM
Smith is far from a bust, he is smart, accurate, a good leader, good scrambler, and smart (I mentioned smart twice because he hs a 3.8 GPA and makes good decisions)

kastofsna120
02-03-2005, 10:34 PM
Smith is far from a bust, he is smart, accurate, a good leader, good scrambler, and smart (I mentioned smart twice because he hs a 3.8 GPA and makes good decisions)but is he smart enough to operate a pro-style offense? no one knows; he's never had a snap under center in his life (exaggeration obviously). alex smith reminds me too much of another a. smith...akili

dolfan348454999
02-05-2005, 10:14 PM
I say cover HB and OT in free agency, and get Aaron Rodgers(if by some miracle he is still there) with #2 pick. Then they can use what ever pick they get for Surtain to get a DT. Then take a S in the third round. If Rodgers isn't there trade down to 10-15 pick to get a second rounder. Then get Erasmus James if possible with the first pick to fill the vacancy left by Ogunleye. With the pick from Surtain get a DT. Use the second round pick to get a QB then use the third to get a S. Also I think they will use late round picks to get FB and maybe even a TE.