PDA

View Full Version : National Signing Day

brech10
02-02-2005, 12:35 PM
Perriloux chose LSU
Rouse will announce at noon whether he is going to Texas, FSU, or Alabama.

USC is doing great....(suprise)!

phunwin
02-02-2005, 03:56 PM
Miami's had a big day, too. If they can pull out Brian Cushing, they may be behind only Nebraska and Tennessee.

Rouse went FSU.

Perriloux is a jerk. You can't string a team along like that.

fin-atic
02-02-2005, 04:50 PM
Has anyoen heard where Antone Smith went? Did he pick the "U"?
(Miami?)

fin-atic
02-02-2005, 04:54 PM
Never mind, I just found out he picked FSU, the semi-holes.

I hope the Canes crush him. I can't believe he left his own backyard to play for the state rivals.

He will regret it. FSU is a program on the decline.

Steveo 90
02-02-2005, 06:01 PM

I hope the Canes crush him. I can't believe he left his own backyard to play for the state rivals.

Imo smith will be alot like Warrik Dunn,just dont think he wanted to start 3rd or 4th on the depth chart.....I still would have liked to have him

MelbournePhin
02-02-2005, 07:31 PM
FSU fans welcome Mr. Smith with open arms. Thank u very much. Fred Rouse is another Gem. Good day in nole nation

Bling
02-02-2005, 08:01 PM
Alright...fsu....

Bling
02-02-2005, 08:06 PM
Smith is rather smart. FSU is known for their small, speedy RB's. Miami already have Moss, and he'll probably start his Freshman year (Redshirted).

NJL52
02-02-2005, 08:18 PM
god damn. miami had 2 5 star recruits. usc is gunna blow every1 else away for the next 4 years.....

brech10
02-02-2005, 08:24 PM
Rivals top 10 class after signing day:

1 - Oklahoma
2 - Tennessee
3 - USC
4 - Nebraska
5 - FSU
6 - Michigan
7 - Miami
8 - Georgia
9 - Texas A & M
10 - Iowa

MelbournePhin
02-02-2005, 08:26 PM
im starting to develop a hate for USC. probably beacuse of pete carroll

DonShula84
02-02-2005, 08:30 PM
im starting to develop a hate for USC. probably beacuse of pete carroll
I live in Ca and I cant stand USC. I'm a Notre Dame fan, so hating USC is a given. When they got Pete Carroll though it only made me hate them more.

Lights_Out
02-02-2005, 08:35 PM
all-right..i say this already knowing that many of my dolfin fan friends are cane homers as well...so take this as no disrespect.........antone smith is unbelievable..think barry sanders and was considered a cane lock...because he could start or atleast split time with moss this year...no doubt about that....this has to be the biggest surprise of day...you just cant count out the legend Bobby....fred rouse is amazing....think randy moss.....FSU always finishes strong...everybody knows that....it is odd that UM didnt sign a QB, WR, or RB....strange..but the OL youngblood they got is just ridiculous..kid only has to stay healthy before he's first round material....same with kenny phillips...think sean taylor but farther along at his postion....they got great tight end as usual......FSU just loaded up on defensive stars...and added just few but great offensive guys.....florida even did well considering changes there...basically its a battle every year and always will be ...i just glad to watch all the great football

MelbournePhin
02-02-2005, 08:36 PM
I live in Ca and I cant stand USC. I'm a Notre Dame fan, so hating USC is a given. When they got Pete Carroll though it only made me hate them more.

how was NDs class?

PhinsTD
02-02-2005, 09:06 PM
Miami in all reality had a pretty poor class for them.

Didn't get Udof, Rouse, Smith, or Shaw. No QB's at all and only have two schollies total at QB.

Look at all the three star guys they signed, guys like that can't play for the great Miami. They play for Central Florida.

I'm really unhappy with Coker right now. They needed a WR and a QB and got neither. They needed a CB and got a decent one.

Oh well, USC will be the first team to win 15 straight national titles anyway. Wh does everyone want to go there so much? LA sucks.

DonShula84
02-02-2005, 10:02 PM
how was NDs class?
Not very good. They didnt sign very many people and only got a couple of 4 star recruits. I'm excited about Hord at WR though. ND was in the running for a few good players today but they chose to go elsewhere. I didnt expect much though since Weis and his staff got a late start and Weis wasnt totally involved in the recruiting process because NE cant lose.

tehMick
02-02-2005, 10:40 PM
Smith is going to FSU?!
I guess he likes losing to "The U."
Welcome to the ACC motherfarker.
And your first loss at the college level.
:monkeyr:Smith:monkeyl:

lugnutt_73
02-02-2005, 11:01 PM
Rouse went FSU.
Saw that coming a mile away.

lugnutt_73
02-02-2005, 11:03 PM
how was NDs class? Not good. As a matter of fact, for the first time in a long time they did not sign anyone in the top 100.

OurHeartAndSoul
02-02-2005, 11:14 PM
Don't look now but Rivals.com has the Noles at #1! ALRIGHT FSU!!!

OurHeartAndSoul
02-02-2005, 11:16 PM
Never mind, USC just jumped back ahead. That could change though if we get T Matt Hardrick!

brech10
02-02-2005, 11:19 PM
the final Rivals rankings has USC at 1 and FSU at 2 after Bright commited to FSU late Wednesday.

Sports Illustrated is going:

1-Tennessee
2-Michigan
3-FSU

fin-atic
02-03-2005, 12:14 AM
I am not worried about the "U". Everyone should remember that there are still the young players on this team from last year. Kyle Wright was one of the most highly regarded QBs when he came out. Moss is a solid RB, And Williams was the highest ranked LB last year. Now add the recruits from this year. Miami will be a force. And they will recruit again next year. It's only one year.

iceblizzard69
02-03-2005, 12:24 AM
Oh well, USC will be the first team to win 15 straight national titles anyway. Wh does everyone want to go there so much? LA sucks.

A lot of people don't think LA sucks. I don't understand why people choose to go to places like Baton Rouge, LA or Norman, OK when they can go to Los Angeles (and a way better school too but I doubt most players think about that one) or Miami. Actually, I don't understand how Hawaii doesn't have the best recruiting class every year. I know I'm considering it for next year. :)

NaboCane
02-03-2005, 01:17 AM

You can come to Miami, or you can lose to Miami.

Vol&dolfan
02-03-2005, 03:24 AM
woot tenn had a good day top 2 in most of the ratings!!!

MelbournePhin
02-03-2005, 08:07 AM
Smith is going to FSU?!
I guess he likes losing to "The U."
Welcome to the ACC motherfarker.
And your first loss at the college level.
:monkeyr:Smith:monkeyl:

..another "classy" UM fan

NorthFloridaFin
02-03-2005, 11:23 AM

How can you say FSU is a program on the decline?? Is it because we are just having trouble with the Canes?? We had three losses as well as Miami, so is Miami a program on the decline?? I'm sorry ya'll didn't sign any WR's, RB's or QB's, but you will have to take that up with Coker!!! Maybe we will see who regrets it after Labor Day#2!!

LIQUID24
02-03-2005, 02:08 PM
LA sucks.
Yeah....great weather, hot bitches, etc. Who would want to go there?

papafin
02-03-2005, 03:46 PM
Losing Antone to FSU stings. Saint Bobby is a very shrewd recruiter. Anyone who has followed recruiting for any length of time knows this is the norm for the Noles. They have fireworks on LOI day every year. Their class seems to be far below FSU standards and then, bang, February rolls around and the commits start pouring in. Why? Bobby and company instruct their commits to stay silent and play this game. It screws up other schools' classes. Schools targeting these kids stay on them, often neglecting other recruits they could offer the ships, thinking they are still in on the FSU kids. It's pretty unscrupulous, but very effective. Kudos to FSU on another signing day bonanza.

tehMick
02-03-2005, 03:58 PM
Another "whiny" FSU fan.
I'll be sure to hold your hand after this year's 6th straight loss to "the U" sweetheart.
:chuckle:
..another "classy" UM fan

Bling
02-03-2005, 05:14 PM
How can you say FSU is a program on the decline?? Is it because we are just having trouble with the Canes?? We had three losses as well as Miami, so is Miami a program on the decline?? I'm sorry ya'll didn't sign any WR's, RB's or QB's, but you will have to take that up with Coker!!! Maybe we will see who regrets it after Labor Day#2!!

We did have a lot of Seniors on our team, and they lost their players in last year's draft. I don't know how close we are to them.

But I hope we win against UM this year....:pray: I'm tired of this Bullschmit I receive from these fairweather UM fans.....Hell, I've found even more dedicated fans from outside of Florida that root for UM....

lugnutt_73
02-03-2005, 05:15 PM
Yeah....great weather, hot bitches, etc. Who would want to go there?If you like your hot bitches made out of plastic.:tongue: lol j/k

spydertl79
02-03-2005, 05:20 PM
3 players from my high school committed, one of them could have chosen South Carolina or Florida but chose USF (who had the 50th best recruiting class)

spydertl79
02-03-2005, 05:22 PM
DANNY TOLLEY
OFFENSIVE TACKLE
6-6, 300
WESLEY CHAPEL, FLA.
WESLEY CHAPEL HIGH SCHOOL

Class 3A first team all-state…Ranked as 79th best prospect in Florida by Orlando Sentinel…First-team all-Pasco County in Tampa Tribune…Second team All-Suncoast in St. Petersburg Times, who also ranked him as the eight best prospect in the Tampa Bay area…First team all-county and second team All-Suncoast as a junior…Started every game as a sophomore, junior and senior…Made three state playoff appearances…Born January 31, 1987…Given name is Daniel David Tolley.

NorthFloridaFin
02-03-2005, 06:10 PM
Another "whiny" FSU fan.
I'll be sure to hold your hand after this year's 6th straight loss to "the U" sweetheart.
If you are a true fan you would have realized that you have already won 6 straight. But I guess you are just on the bandwagon!!!! :lol:

MelbournePhin
02-03-2005, 08:29 PM
Another "whiny" FSU fan.

i dont have time for immature people like yourself. I respect UM, but not ignorant people like you

Brad528
02-04-2005, 09:08 PM
Rivals top 10 class after signing day:

1 - Oklahoma
2 - Tennessee
3 - USC
4 - Nebraska
5 - FSU
6 - Michigan
7 - Miami
8 - Georgia
9 - Texas A & M
10 - Iowa

Thats not the same list that i saw. It didnt even have oklahoma in the top 3 let alone number one. I think they were 5 behind USC,Tenn,Michigan,a some one else i am gonna find it and post it i hope

Brad528
02-04-2005, 09:10 PM
Here is another top ten. It is not the one I orginally saw but it had a different #1 so i thought i would post it

1 Southern Cal 6 Michigan
2 Florida State 7 Miami-FL
3 Oklahoma 8 California
4 Tennessee 9 Georgia
5 Nebraska 10 Texas A&M

Brad528
02-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Here is the list i saw on ESPN Insider
#1 Nebraska
#2 Tenn.
#3 USC
#4 Michigan
#5 Oklahoma
#6 Florida State
#7 Iowa
#8 Texas A&M
#9 Georgia
#10 Virgina Tech

musphinzfan
02-05-2005, 05:22 PM
Miami in all reality had a pretty poor class for them.

Didn't get Udof, Rouse, Smith, or Shaw. No QB's at all and only have two schollies total at QB.

Look at all the three star guys they signed, guys like that can't play for the great Miami. They play for Central Florida.

I'm really unhappy with Coker right now. They needed a WR and a QB and got neither. They needed a CB and got a decent one.

It sucks....Kenny Phillips is the ONLY reason Miami made the list and 7-8th is to high.....Coker must go.