PDA

View Full Version : Lowly Gamecocks have visored visions of glory

BAMAPHIN 22
02-09-2005, 07:15 PM
They unveiled the recent stadium expansion at South Carolina (http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/team/86107) last week, a shiny new addition with a fancy weight room, meeting rooms and -- for the first time -- a place to prominently display the program's trophies and tradition.

That case, as you might expect, doesn't take up too much space.

Want to know why Steve Spurrier is back in college football but at the opposite end from where he left? Look at that trophy case. Want to know why one of football's best coaches walked away from $5 million per year in the NFL to live in a hotel in Columbia, S.C., for the past 2 1/2 months while trying to convince 17-year-old kids that 100 years of futility doesn't mean the next four will follow suit? Look at that trophy case.

"They haven't done much here," Spurrier says. "That doesn't mean it can't change."

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/3381642

TerryTate
02-10-2005, 12:00 AM
They play my school first. We'd love to get our first win in over a year against him. And with the players that keep getting suspended from South Carolina, anything can happen.

GO KNIGHTS!

nick1
02-10-2005, 08:05 AM
They play my school first. We'd love to get our first win in over a year against him. And with the players that keep getting suspended from South Carolina, anything can happen.

GO KNIGHTS!

you attend UCF? are you a player on the team?

TerryTate
02-10-2005, 11:09 AM
I'm a junior there right now and a heavy follower of UCF athletics....(i.e. I'm not a player)

nick1
02-10-2005, 11:26 AM
I'm a junior there right now and a heavy follower of UCF athletics....(i.e. I'm not a player)

thats cool, I live just 45 min. from Orlando and my sister goes to UCF and she's a Sophmore

TerryTate
02-10-2005, 05:53 PM
thats cool, I live just 45 min. from Orlando and my sister goes to UCF and she's a Sophmore

So, who's your sister ;)

nick1
02-11-2005, 07:55 AM
So, who's your sister ;)

the one with brown hair :lol: