03-05-2005, 08:59 AM
NFL DRAFT PARTY

SATURDAY APRIL 23 12:00PM (ALL DAY)

FREE PIZZA 12P-3P

GIVEAWAYS

DRAFT BEER SPECIALS

Details: Ramada Inn East Hanover
10 West Sportz Bar
Be sure to wear your team colors. This party is always a great time.

Questions? Call Miami Mike at 973-386-5622.

Slappy8800
03-07-2005, 02:47 PM
whoa...we talking east hanover in NJ?

njfinfan
03-07-2005, 03:10 PM
Yes sir - we are.

njfinfan
03-07-2005, 05:41 PM
A HUGE miami dolphin fan bar, by the way.

Yes sir - we are.

Slappy8800
03-08-2005, 12:32 AM
SCHWEET.....i may have to get up there that day

njfinfan
03-08-2005, 08:09 AM
You really should. That's where I watch all my Dolphin games. It's a great place. The manager - "Miami" Mike is one of the biggest Dolphin fans I know. It's known as the "home of the Dolphins."

SCHWEET.....i may have to get up there that day

Slappy8800
03-08-2005, 09:38 AM
dammit, i hate to go alone..i gotta find someone to go with

njfinfan
03-08-2005, 09:48 AM
You really don't. You'll feel like family with all the Dolfans there. Mike is very welcoming when you're a Dolfan and even if you're not. If you would like to meet me there, just show up and ask Mike for Mary. I'll be there early.

WharfRat
03-09-2005, 07:31 PM
Got it etched in my calendar!

Thanks Mary!

Clumpy
03-10-2005, 10:53 AM
Hmmmm........:foundout:

njfinfan
03-10-2005, 11:31 AM
Of course, you're welcome too Clumpy. You, however, would have to pay regular price for a room, being a bills fan and all. See, there's perks to bein' a Dolphin fan!

Slappy8800
03-18-2005, 02:31 PM
is there a cover or anything for this?

njfinfan
03-18-2005, 02:47 PM
No cover. Just wear your team colors. It's really fun and there are loads of giveaways and we watch the draft in "our" room - the dolphins room on the big screen tv.

Slappy8800
03-18-2005, 02:54 PM
sweet....do they have the phins games during the reg season? if so I may have found heaven on earth

njfinfan
03-18-2005, 02:59 PM
EVERY game - EVERY week. Miami Mike is a huge Dolphin fan and, barring any hurricanes this year (we didn't get a couple of the games because of the hurricanes in Florida last season), we should be good to go. We have AT LEAST 50 dolphin fans there every week - we have a huge room with a big projection tv and we have a great time. If we win, he makes us teal colored shots at the end of the game and we have great servers. What else can I say? As a Dolphin fan it is heaven on earth. I used to go to a bar that was Jets and Giants bar and I can't tell you how the Jets fans treated me - and I'm a girl.

Not so anymore. Mike is a great host. Like I said, when you get there for the draft party, ask him for Mary. Also, he has a huge kickoff party every year.

Slappy8800
03-18-2005, 03:01 PM
awesome...i am so there..

Slappy8800
03-18-2005, 03:06 PM
hey do you have the addy to this place so i can mapquest it?

njfinfan
03-18-2005, 03:12 PM
Absolutely - it's 130 Route 10 West - East Hanover. From Belleville, it should be very easy to get to. You can also visit his website - ramadaeasthanover.com and click on the link at the top that says Sportz Bar/NFL Ticket. And you can also call the number and ask for the Sportz Bar, then ask for Miami Mike and talk to him personally about it. Just so there are no surprises for you - during the regular season it's overrun by every team fan you can imagine, but we have our own section/room that we get. We do have opposing fans in that section, as well, if we're playing them, but they're pretty well behaved.

Slappy8800
03-18-2005, 03:21 PM
cool thanks...i dont mind other teams fans....i mean we are stuck in the middle of Giants and Jets country...i also know quite a few Cowboys and Steelers fans.....I also know Wayne Huizenga :) (through a freind albeit)

njfinfan
03-19-2005, 06:16 AM
Years ago, when I lived in Florida, I worked at Pier66 Resort. I was Catering Coordinator there and I did many parties for Marti Huizenga (Wayne's wife). She was a pretty cool lady, and I also worked for one of his companies up here in Jersey briefly.

Stefins
03-21-2005, 12:24 PM
I might be able to show up for the first round. I am around an hour away, I was in Seattle for the game this year when a bunch of guys showed up last year.

njfinfan
03-21-2005, 04:48 PM
The more - the merrier. Like I said, it's a great time.

xiidaen
03-23-2005, 08:19 AM
Mary is right, this place is awesome! I've been going there for a few years now, and Mike always gets the place pumped up and rocking -- parties, give-aways, playing the fight song...and free shots when the fins win!

If you're in the area, you have to check it out.

DolfanLourdes
03-23-2005, 08:37 AM
Years ago, when I lived in Florida, I worked at Pier66 Resort. I was Catering Coordinator there and I did many parties for Marti Huizenga (Wayne's wife). She was a pretty cool lady, and I also worked for one of his companies up here in Jersey briefly.

HI- I also worked for Pier 66 for about 6 months. What year/years did you work there?? I worked there I think it was about '95.

Lourdes

njfinfan
03-23-2005, 08:47 AM
I worked there in the mid 80's. I'm a few years older than you. The name of the person I worked for Karen Soto, Catering Director. Don't know if she was still there when you worked there.

HI- I also worked for Pier 66 for about 6 months. What year/years did you work there?? I worked there I think it was about '95.

Lourdes

Slappy8800
03-23-2005, 10:03 PM
Mary is right, this place is awesome! I've been going there for a few years now, and Mike always gets the place pumped up and rocking -- parties, give-aways, playing the fight song...and free shots when the fins win!

If you're in the area, you have to check it out.

i work in morristown....im at work right now actually...have to plow tonight :fire:

The Goat
04-12-2005, 06:10 PM
I'm in. (And absolutely nobody knows who I am...but that's okay, my passion for the Fins knows no bounds.)

Edit: Hold on...free shots when the Fins win?

njfinfan
04-12-2005, 06:14 PM
I'm in. (And absolutely nobody knows who I am...but that's okay, my passion for the Fins knows no bounds.)

Edit: Hold on...free shots when the Fins win?

Free teal colored shots. And they're good. It's actually called the finheaven.

The Goat
04-12-2005, 06:21 PM
Out-freakin-standing.

In that case, maybe I'll bring the wife. Shame I had to find out about this place just now after living in Bloomfield for almost six years...we just bought a house in the Poconos.

Of course, it might not be that bad of a drive on a Sunday.

njfinfan
04-12-2005, 06:38 PM
Out-freakin-standing.

In that case, maybe I'll bring the wife. Shame I had to find out about this place just now after living in Bloomfield for almost six years...we just bought a house in the Poconos.

Of course, it might not be that bad of a drive on a Sunday.

I know - I only found out about it 3 seasons ago. I happened to go to a Super Bowl party there and saw all the Dolphin stuff around. I also go there all off-season and hang out. You will have a great time and there is an even better kickoff party for the season. You must join us for that too. Does the wife like the fins too?

RickyW...loser
04-14-2005, 12:21 AM
directions from N Jersey. Mahwah Area?

njfinfan
04-14-2005, 07:06 AM
directions from N Jersey. Mahwah Area?

I did the directions through Mapquest from the city of Mahwah.

Start out going WEST on W AIRMOUNT RD toward WANAMAKER AVE.

Turn RIGHT onto ISLAND RD.

Turn LEFT onto MOFFATT RD.

Turn RIGHT onto NJ-17 N.

Merge onto I-287 S toward MORRISTOWN.

Take the RT-10 E exit- EXIT 39A- toward WHIPPANY.

Merge onto NJ-10.

End at 130 State Route 10, East Hanover, NJ 07936-2103 US

If you give Miami Mike a call at 973-887-1300, I'm sure he can give you more accurate directions if you're not comfortable with these.

Hope to see you there.

The Goat
04-15-2005, 12:53 AM
I know - I only found out about it 3 seasons ago. I happened to go to a Super Bowl party there and saw all the Dolphin stuff around. I also go there all off-season and hang out. You will have a great time and there is an even better kickoff party for the season. You must join us for that too. Does the wife like the fins too?

Yeah, she's a converted Giants fan. Go figure.

njfinfan
04-15-2005, 07:49 AM
Yeah, she's a converted Giants fan. Go figure.

than a Jets fan - current or former.
:fire:

njfinfan
04-20-2005, 06:50 PM
Alright everyone. Let's pump it up. Time to get ready for the draft party. Let's do it. It's going to be a great time. Last year, Olinda Mare's dad was there with us. You never who you can expect, so get ready!

The Goat
04-20-2005, 08:01 PM
I was actually there last Saturday to check it out; nice place! A few people were remarkably engrossed in a NFL Europe game.

njfinfan
04-20-2005, 08:07 PM
Awesome! Did you see Miam Mike? And I'm sure they were engrossed because they miss football. See you at the draft party. And please when you get there ask Mike to see Mary. Thanks.

The Goat
04-20-2005, 08:10 PM
Awesome! Did you see Miam Mike? And I'm sure they were engrossed because they miss football. See you at the draft party. And please when you get there ask Mike to see Mary. Thanks.

That just sounds SO much like a set-up for something....

(And no, I don't think he was there...when I explained that I was a Fin fan, the bartender replied, "Oh no, another one.")

njfinfan
04-20-2005, 08:18 PM
Was he tall or short? They're both dark haired. Tony is tall - Carlos is short. I'm sure it wasn't Jackie - she's blonde and would never say anything like that. Tony is a Giants fan - Carlos is a Raiders fan. Of course, it could have been Frank who is a Cowboys fan. Nevertheless - we will see you and the wife on Saturday.

njfinfan
04-20-2005, 08:26 PM
Dude - I just spoke to Miami Mike and he said when you come in on Saturday to ask for him and you'll get VIP treatment.

See you then.

Slappy8800
04-21-2005, 02:58 AM
final head count for this shindig?

ill be there with 1-4 other people depending on who RSVP's

Slappy8800
04-21-2005, 03:20 AM
Absolutely - it's 130 Route 10 West - East Hanover. From Belleville, it should be very easy to get to. You can also visit his website - ramadaeasthanover.com and click on the link at the top that says Sportz Bar/NFL Ticket. And you can also call the number and ask for the Sportz Bar, then ask for Miami Mike and talk to him personally about it. Just so there are no surprises for you - during the regular season it's overrun by every team fan you can imagine, but we have our own section/room that we get. We do have opposing fans in that section, as well, if we're playing them, but they're pretty well behaved.

website doesnt work anymore :(

njfinfan
04-21-2005, 07:23 AM
I know. They had a technical problem. Mike is working on that. I'm not too familiar with Belleville, but if you can get to 280, take it West to the Exit for Eisenhower Parkway. Make the first right after you get off on that exit. Take that to River Road, and make a left. Take River Road to Route 10 and make a right. Keep going on 10 - about a mile - you'll see the Ramada on your right. And a nice new orange and blue sign that says Route 10 W Sportz Bar.

Last year, like I said, we had Olindo's dad there and about 40 other Dolphin fans, along with some fans from other teams.

I guarantee you'll have a good time.

Don't forget to ask for Mike when you get there and ask him to point you to Mary (njfinfan) and remember to let me know that you're Slappy8800. I keep a log of all finheaveners who visit the bar.

Slappy8800
04-21-2005, 05:38 PM
I know. They had a technical problem. Mike is working on that. I'm not too familiar with Belleville, but if you can get to 280, take it West to the Exit for Eisenhower Parkway. Make the first right after you get off on that exit. Take that to River Road, and make a left. Take River Road to Route 10 and make a right. Keep going on 10 - about a mile - you'll see the Ramada on your right. And a nice new orange and blue sign that says Route 10 W Sportz Bar.

Last year, like I said, we had Olindo's dad there and about 40 other Dolphin fans, along with some fans from other teams.

I guarantee you'll have a good time.

Don't forget to ask for Mike when you get there and ask him to point you to Mary (njfinfan) and remember to let me know that you're Slappy8800. I keep a log of all finheaveners who visit the bar.

yea ivbe got mapquest directions from my house but i may have to go pick someone up in randolph so i have those directions too....will do! see ya there!

mrbman013
04-22-2005, 09:42 AM
Sounds like a great time ,tHIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT DRAFT FOR US.GO PHINS

mrbman013
04-22-2005, 09:45 AM
Hey All Cant Make It To Jersey Any N Y Partties Going On .coming From Long Island

The Goat
04-23-2005, 12:57 AM
Dude - I just spoke to Miami Mike and he said when you come in on Saturday to ask for him and you'll get VIP treatment.

See you then.

You're the freakin' man.

What time does the place open?

njfinfan
04-23-2005, 05:37 AM
You're the freakin' man.

What time does the place open?

Actually, I'm a girl. Ask Mike when you get there, or Ann, the cashier, for Mary. And I'll be there at 10:00. They have an awesome buffet breakfast. All you can eat for $10. So I'm going to avail myself of that. Just tell me when you get there that yo're The Goat from finheaven.

If you don't see anyone else there, I'll be wearing blue Dolphins stuff.

Mary

The Goat
04-23-2005, 09:33 AM
Actually, I'm a girl. Ask Mike when you get there, or Ann, the cashier, for Mary. And I'll be there at 10:00. They have an awesome buffet breakfast. All you can eat for $10. So I'm going to avail myself of that. Just tell me when you get there that yo're The Goat from finheaven.

If you don't see anyone else there, I'll be wearing blue Dolphins stuff.

Mary

Aha. THAT explains it.

I should probably get a move on, then.

njfinfan
04-23-2005, 09:37 AM
On my way out the door. You can't miss me - I'll be wearing my cowboy hat with my powder blue Dolphin shirt and pants.

njfinfan
04-24-2005, 09:11 AM
Draft party was a HUGE success. Thanks to all finheaveners who attended. Xiidaen, Miami_Mike, Dolphin_Dan, The_Goat, myself, of course, Phin Diesel, another one who wrote down his username, but I forgot the paper (sorry), and others who were there who may or may not be members of finheaven. I did get the microphone from Miami_Mike and announced a plug for finheaven. Anyone having computer access and wanting the most accurate information on the Dolphins, to please go to finheaven.com and register. Hope we get some more members.

Great time.

Slappy8800
04-24-2005, 10:46 AM
sounded fun...i couldnt make it. my gf got sick and had to attend to her

njfinfan
04-24-2005, 10:51 AM
sounded fun...i couldnt make it. my gf got sick and had to attend to her

Sounds like a conspiracy to me. Does your g/f like football? j/k

Seriously though, Slappy, we missed you and Mike asked about you. Maybe we'll see you at the kickoff party. We think it's going to be for the Falcons game, but we'll keep everyone here posted as we get closer.

Slappy8800
04-24-2005, 11:42 AM
lol she is a so-so fan of FB

i think im gonna head up there for dinner one day to check it out...but i already prepared my GF telling her not to expect me around on sundays

njfinfan
04-24-2005, 04:41 PM
lol she is a so-so fan of FB

i think im gonna head up there for dinner one day to check it out...but i already prepared my GF telling her not to expect me around on sundays

Let me know when you plan to go and I'll meet you there. I hang out there all offseason. You must try a finheaven also.

nj

The Goat
04-24-2005, 09:30 PM
Draft party was a HUGE success. Thanks to all finheaveners who attended. Xiidaen, Miami_Mike, Dolphin_Dan, The_Goat, myself, of course, Phin Diesel, another one who wrote down his username, but I forgot the paper (sorry), and others who were there who may or may not be members of finheaven. I did get the microphone from Miami_Mike and announced a plug for finheaven. Anyone having computer access and wanting the most accurate information on the Dolphins, to please go to finheaven.com and register. Hope we get some more members.

Great time.

Very, VERY nice time. I'm rarely that quiet...was just exhausted from working about 15 straight days.

njfinfan
04-25-2005, 07:19 AM
Very, VERY nice time. I'm rarely that quiet...was just exhausted from working about 15 straight days.

You did seem quiet and I saw you yawning. Nevertheless, it was great to meet you and hope you can make it to the kickoff party. It's definitely worth the drive from the Poconos, if you get a room, during football season. Bring the wife - make a weekend of it. Just a suggestion. :evil:

Take care Chip.

Slappy8800
04-26-2005, 01:39 AM
sounds good!...a finheaven? is that the shot you were talking about? if so Ill have to pass as I dont drink. my Gf might try it tho.

njfinfan
04-26-2005, 06:22 AM
sounds good!...a finheaven? is that the shot you were talking about? if so Ill have to pass as I dont drink. my Gf might try it tho.

When you bring her in, she can try one. My hubby doesn't drink either so he just orders a pitcher of soda when he's there.

Slappy8800
05-25-2005, 12:00 AM
wassup Jersey Phin Fans?!!