PDA

View Full Version : Fins Fan Needed for a Mock Draft

49ersforlife
03-16-2005, 02:56 PM
Hey all.

I am currently running the Co-GM Mock Draft. This is the third consecutive year that this is being done. It is a mock draft that utilizes 64 GMs (two per team), in order to create more of a war room like atmosphere (for a full discription of the mock, check the post below).

Currently, we have 62 out of the 64 general managers confirmed. Miami is one of the two remaning teams to not be wholly represented.

I hoped that by bringing the idea to you guys, the Dolphins fans, it would be easier for us to fill one of the final two remaining spots.

~Mike

49ersforlife
03-16-2005, 02:57 PM
If you guys are interested send me a PM or reply with your email address. Thank you.

It?s that time of year again! Let me present to you the 3rd Annual Co-General Manager Mock Draft. This is the only draft of its kind and (to my knowledge) is the only one to go 7 full rounds two years in a row. Before you reply selecting a team please read the premise for this mock.

The Co-GM Mock Draft is the only Mock Draft that sets up a war room like atmosphere. We place together two general managers per team, and they must work together to make decisions on who will be selected. The advantage is that picks are well thought out, and it opens up discussions on not only your particular team, but its needs and the draft. You get a second opinion to weigh against your own.

Many of you guys have done this draft before in one of the past two seasons, so you know how it goes. For those of you that haven?t, the most important thing is that:

THIS DRAFT IS DONE THROUGH E-MAIL.

This is not a mock draft where you sign up and just pick when it?s your turn on a message board. Each day a group of picks will be on the clock. Something along the lines of Day One: Picks 1-10, Day Two: Picks: 11-21, Day Three: 22-32, with two deadlines on Sunday. At each deadline, your team is required to send in one DRAFT BOARD for your team, based on the number pick you have in that set. So if you are drafting as the Washington Redskins, and we are at the first split of round one, the Redskins, with the 9th pick, are required to send in a draft board of 9 players. The highest remaining on the board will be picked when it comes to that team. For subsequent rounds, if no player is selected, we will select the highest player on the previous rounds draft board, OR the highest valued player on my own board at the highest unselected position from the previous board.

This draft will ultimately take between two to three weeks. It seems lengthy, but it?s good fun, and it does get finished, unlike a lot of others.

There are probably a few things I?m forgetting here, so ask any questions below. Those of you that have done this before, help out with some of the answers. It?s pretty simple and a different twist on mock drafting.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED: Please reply below with your team choice AND your e-mail address.

Before you are chosen as a GM, your e-mail address must be confirmed. Because this is an e-mail mock, we cannot work with any faulty addresses. When you get an e-mail from me please reply letting me know that it was received.

Teams come on a first come, first serve basis, and are limited to two per team. This is not the only message board I post on, so you will likely have the chance of speaking to a football mind you?ve never talked to before.

Hope to hear from you all soon!

~Mike

Buddwalk
03-18-2005, 02:12 AM
Interesting idea...im all for it sadly no ones recognized this post

spydertl79
03-22-2005, 01:39 AM
I'd do it
PM me back