PDA

View Full Version : the next great LB is currently a So.

nick1
03-19-2005, 10:12 AM
the next great LB is Willie Williams of UM, he is currently a So. and missed last year due to injury which is the only reason he was not making any plays. This kid can play and he has an attitude too!

FinsNYanksFan13
03-20-2005, 08:30 PM
The kid also has a rap sheet longer then Charles Manson!

finz99
03-23-2005, 09:35 PM
The kid also has a rap sheet longer then Charles Manson!

Haha...yea...doesnt he have around 12 arrests? :eek:

NorthFloridaFin
03-25-2005, 12:20 PM
The Next Great LB is Ernie Sims from FSU!!!! All you have to do is watch the game when he plays and you will see!!!!

DonShula84
03-25-2005, 09:06 PM
Isn't this the guy who violated parolle by visiting the school?

nick1
03-25-2005, 11:30 PM
Isn't this the guy who violated parolle by visiting the school?

he got into alot of trouble

saves
03-26-2005, 12:53 AM
This kid can play and he has an attitude too!

He is a timebomb. UM letting this kid into their school is a perfect example of the shady program they run. A large university like Miami should have higher standards than that.

nick1
03-26-2005, 12:55 PM
He is a timebomb. UM letting this kid into their school is a perfect example of the shady program they run. A large university like Miami should have higher standards than that.

Miami is interested in winning championships not about the football players crime history, the rest of the school is high standards but when it comes to football players they just have to maintain a certain GPA like a 2.0 or 2.5

saves
03-26-2005, 08:13 PM
Miami is interested in winning championships not about the football players crime history, the rest of the school is high standards but when it comes to football players they just have to maintain a certain GPA like a 2.0 or 2.5

Schools shouldn't be about winning championships, its about education, thats the whole point. Admitting felons dose nothing for the majority of the population of the campus but lower its quality. Schools like Notre Dame have done it the right way not flexing their standards just to win more games, they can do it using upstanding citizens.

ChambersWI
03-26-2005, 11:25 PM
IMO the next great LB is in UCS, a sophmore named Keith Rivers.

nick1
03-26-2005, 11:41 PM
Schools shouldn't be about winning championships, its about education, thats the whole point. Admitting felons dose nothing for the majority of the population of the campus but lower its quality. Schools like Notre Dame have done it the right way not flexing their standards just to win more games, they can do it using upstanding citizens.

no offense but when was the last time the Fighting Irish won a title?

saves
03-27-2005, 02:20 AM
no offense but when was the last time the Fighting Irish won a title?

They are just the first team that came to mind. They may not have been winning recently, but there was a time where everyone wanted to play for the Irish.

nick1
03-27-2005, 01:37 PM
They are just the first team that came to mind. They may not have been winning recently, but there was a time where everyone wanted to play for the Irish.

point is well taken :wink:

saves
03-27-2005, 02:20 PM
Hey, Bob Davie ruined that team, they will be back among the elite sooner than later, and you won't find any criminals on their roster.

It'll Happen11
03-27-2005, 03:46 PM
All these criminals Miami does sign are better off playing football that on the streets commiting crimes, am I not correct?..get over it and stop hating it, you guys will find any little excuse to hate UM

papafin
03-27-2005, 08:52 PM
they will be back among the elite sooner than later, and you won't find any criminals on their roster.

Are you serious? Happen summed it up best...Hate. Miami runs as clean a program as anyone these days. Willie Williams made a lot of stupid mistakes BEFORE signing with UM. Since he's been on campus, he's been a model citizen (he's on a "one strike and you're gone" probation at the school). It's been years since any active UM player was convicted anything, but don't let the facts get in the way of your asinine remarks. Another note, almost all of WW's offenses were committed as a juvenile, and should never have been made public knowledge. Does that make the things he did right, of course not. But I'd bet we'd all be surprised at the number of big time college athletes with similar history.

BTW, ND has it's problems also (http://wildcat.arizona.edu/papers/96/5/01_4.html)

saves
03-27-2005, 11:15 PM
All these criminals Miami does sign are better off playing football that on the streets commiting crimes, am I not correct?..get over it and stop hating it, you guys will find any little excuse to hate UM

Don't kid yourself, I have no problem with UM. But if i'm correct, Miami is not an open enrollment school. The typical student has to apply and make the grades to get in. Certain schools let anyone who apply in, that where this kid belongs. When a large institution such as Miami bends their standards so much just to win football games, then theres a problem.

saves
03-27-2005, 11:21 PM
Are you serious? Happen summed it up best...Hate. Miami runs as clean a program as anyone these days. Willie Williams made a lot of stupid mistakes BEFORE signing with UM. Since he's been on campus, he's been a model citizen (he's on a "one strike and you're gone" probation at the school). It's been years since any active UM player was convicted anything, but don't let the facts get in the way of your asinine remarks. Another note, almost all of WW's offenses were committed as a juvenile, and should never have been made public knowledge. Does that make the things he did right, of course not. But I'd bet we'd all be surprised at the number of big time college athletes with similar history.

BTW, ND has it's problems also (http://wildcat.arizona.edu/papers/96/5/01_4.html)

Okay, I realize every school has problems too, but this is one that can be avoided. Bringing up the fact that he hasn't got in trouble while on campus means nothing to me. Do you think if a party got busted by the campus police that they are going to bring him down? I think not. And with all the time these kids spend at practice and football related things, It's kinda hard to get in trouble for something other than an alcohol/substance charge.

With WW's issues being so public, Miami made a poor choice by letting him in KNOWING that they would be recieving alot of negative press. Miami should have made a stand showing they would not accept players with such horrible track records and let another lesser school take a flyer on him.

papafin
03-28-2005, 12:25 AM
When a large institution such as Miami bends their standards so much just to win football games, then theres a problem.

Miami is a small, private school. Around 10,000 undergrad enrollment. It's enrollment standards are on par with the other in-state schools. Miami doesn't bend it's academic standards at all. By implying this, you're indicating your lack of knowledge to their admission policies. WW had over a 3.0 GPA, and was well beyond the NCAA qualifying standards on the SAT.

Bobby Washington (ever heard of him?) was the #2 rated running back in the nation last year by almost every recruiting service. He was a UM commit for months, but didn't qualify until late. There was a bit of uncertainty concerning his qualifying SAT score, but the NCAA clearinghouse deemed him eligible. UM admissions asked Washington to retake the test, and he refused. He is currently on the NC State roster. Does that sound as if UM is compromising their academic integrity?

papafin
03-28-2005, 12:55 AM
Bringing up the fact that he hasn't got in trouble while on campus means nothing to me. Do you think if a party got busted by the campus police that they are going to bring him down? I think not. And with all the time these kids spend at practice and football related things, It's kinda hard to get in trouble for something other than an alcohol/substance charge.

It wasn't so hard for those Domers to get into trouble while juggling their football schedules, was it? Look, I am not defending anything WW did in the past, he did some bad things. The point is, UM gave the kid a second chance. As I pointed out before, many schools have probably done the same. If he screws up again, he's gone. It's that simple. You can crow about UM being dirty all you want, but the facts don't support your cause. They gave a kid a chance when they had plenty of negative publicity in the balance. WW is a great football prospect, but the University of Miami's future football success hardly hinges on his contribution to the team. Do you honestly believe that UM would jeopardize any credibility, without having a strong belief in his character, by taking a flyer on one kid? South Florida is the Mecca of high school football talent. Think about what you post.

UCFinfan
03-28-2005, 09:45 AM
I watched him when he played Edgewater in the State Championship game. He broke the quarterback's arm on the first drive of the game. He is a hard hitter.

AggieFin21
03-28-2005, 01:16 PM
The Next Great LB is Ernie Sims from FSU!!!! All you have to do is watch the game when he plays and you will see!!!!

I agree. The guy is a beast. Could probably play in the NFL right now....

saves
03-28-2005, 04:46 PM
Miami is a small, private school. Around 10,000 undergrad enrollment. It's enrollment standards are on par with the other in-state schools. Miami doesn't bend it's academic standards at all. By implying this, you're indicating your lack of knowledge to their admission policies. WW had over a 3.0 GPA, and was well beyond the NCAA qualifying standards on the SAT.

Bobby Washington (ever heard of him?) was the #2 rated running back in the nation last year by almost every recruiting service. He was a UM commit for months, but didn't qualify until late. There was a bit of uncertainty concerning his qualifying SAT score, but the NCAA clearinghouse deemed him eligible. UM admissions asked Washington to retake the test, and he refused. He is currently on the NC State roster. Does that sound as if UM is compromising their academic integrity?
You got me there, I was assuming Miami had higher admission standards, a 3.0 is not that great for getting into a good school unless he had particuarly high standardized test scores. So theres nothing I can argue there, I didn't do my homework regarding their admission policies. I did notice that their average weighted GPA is over a 4.0, which would make me think that their standards would be quite high. Keep this in mind, Clarett had something around a 3.4 coming outta highschool, athletes get special treatment. And my argument was not about his highschool achievement, rather his criminal record.

brech10
03-30-2005, 12:54 PM
Williams was arrested on his trip to Gainsville...he harrassed a woman on campus then got into a fight at a bar I believe. It was these offenses that brought previous 7,000 arrests to light like breaking and entering, etc. etc.

this isn't just a guy who slipped up a few times. At his age, he averages a couple arrests per year since junior high.

LostInPatsLand
04-05-2005, 09:09 PM
the next great LB is Willie Williams of UM, he is currently a So. and missed last year due to injury which is the only reason he was not making any plays. This kid can play and he has an attitude too!
I'd consider what you have said, but he hasn't played a down yet!