PDA

View Full Version : How many times has Miami......



relive1972
10-06-2002, 07:51 PM
beaten a defending SB Champion? :D

dolfan06
10-07-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by relive1972
beaten a defending SB Champion? :D 12 times:

jets 10/10/70, 20-6

jets 12/13/70, 16-10

baltimore colts 10/29/72, 23-0

baltimore colts 12/16/72, 16-0

dallas 11/22/73, 14-7

oakland 12/10/78, 23-6

steelers 9/10/82, 30-10

49ers 11/6/83, 20-17

washington 9/2/84, 35-17

washington 10/4/93, 17-10

denver 9/13/99, 38-21

denver 12/2/2001, don't remember the score!

:D

relive1972
10-07-2002, 03:32 AM
You're way off my friend. I'm looking for the number of times Miami has beaten a defending SB Champion. In other words, beating a team that won the SB the previous season. Most of the wins you listed are against teams 2 years after winning SBs. You're right with the Broncos in '99, but you need to look again.

dolfan06
10-07-2002, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by relive1972
You're way off my friend. I'm looking for the number of times Miami has beaten a defending SB Champion. In other words, beating a team that won the SB the previous season. Most of the wins you listed are against teams 2 years after winning SBs. You're right with the Broncos in '99, but you need to look again. jets won the SB in 69, the dolphins beat em twice in 70. the colts won the SB in 71 and the fins shut em out twice in 72 and so on..................check it out!

dolfan06
10-07-2002, 08:46 AM
maybe what you're not looking at is the 68 jets won the SB in 69! and so on!

relive1972
10-07-2002, 01:35 PM
Look at it this way. The Patriots right now are the defending SB Champs. Right? Of course. Going by the way I put it, that was the 2001 season. Going by the way you're seeing it is the SB was played in 2002, and their next season would be in 2003. That's not the case. If you're looking at the actual year the SB was played, you have to figure the season in the same year of that SB as the following season.

Yesterday, the Dolphins beat the defending SB Champs, who won the SB as a result of their 2001 season, not the 2002 season.

dolfan06
10-07-2002, 07:35 PM
i was a day late and a dollar short. i took say, a 1969 SB winner and looked at 1970 for the fins games instead of the same year. i was completely wrong, i'll check back later!;)

dolfan06
10-07-2002, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by dolfan06
i was a day late and a dollar short. i took say, a 1969 SB winner and looked at 1970 for the fins games instead of the same year. i was completely wrong, i'll check back later!;) 5 times;

11/21/71 baltimore colts 17-14

11/25/93 dallas 16-14

12/21/98 denver 31-21

9/13/99 denver 38-21

10/6/02 new england 26-13

relive1972
10-07-2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by dolfan06
5 times;

11/21/71 baltimore colts 17-14

11/25/93 dallas 16-14

12/21/98 denver 31-21

9/13/99 denver 38-21

10/6/02 new england 26-13

That looks much better. I'm showing 2 more wins though. (including 1 in playoffs). :up:

dolfan06
10-07-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by relive1972


That looks much better. I'm showing 2 more wins though. (including 1 in playoffs). :up: i just put in regular season!:rolleyes:

dolfan06
10-07-2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by dolfan06
i just put in regular season!:rolleyes: the other regular season win was against dallas 11/5/78, 23-16

relive1972
10-07-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by dolfan06
the other regular season win was against dallas 11/5/78, 23-16

That's it! The one playoff win was a 21-0 win over the Colts in the '71 season BTW. :D

dolfan06
10-07-2002, 10:12 PM
that took some time!lol