PDA

View Full Version : What You Don't Know About Me & FinHeaven & a Donations Graph (merged)

FinHeavenAJ
09-04-2002, 11:14 PM
Click here to view the article entitled: What You Don't Know About Me & FinHeaven (http://www.finheaven.com/cgi-bin/newsroom/newsroom.pl?action=viewspecificarticle&anum=fin290)

If you wish to donate online, you could do so via PayPal (https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=andrewt84@hotmail.com&item_name=FinHeaven+&+Co&item_number=Donations) . If you would prefer to send a check via mail, please send it to the following address:

FinHeaven & Co
PO Box 46425
Tampa, FL 33647

Please make checks made out to Andrew Tatum.

<--- Editted On 9/23/02 --->

Hello, I have decided to put together a small graph that displays the operating costs of FinHeaven & Co and the donations that we have received. Please note, I have not checked the PO Box, I will do so Monday, in which, I will update the list of donaters.

http://www.finheaven.com/graph.gif

<b>Donations Received:</b>
Capt. Dick
poornate (3x)
dirtywhiteboy
gottahavefootball
Robert B.
Michael F.
Expo88
Nate L.
3W
Miamian
bigbry
clumpedplatelet
underwaterjedi
Jeep
Timothy S.
Robert B.
dolphan39
Susan P.
Richard Y.
Tim P.

Thank you once again.

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

poornate
09-04-2002, 11:26 PM
I just joined the forum about a week ago, but the news section of Finheaven has been my homepage for around 9 months. I threw in 10.00. I appreciate what you do alot. I will make another donation in the future so please keep your paypal link around.

Keep Up The Great Work!

FinHeavenAJ
09-04-2002, 11:33 PM
Thank you so much poornate... I really appreciate it. Thank you for the kind comments, and I think you will like the future plans that I have in mind.

Again, thank you very much...

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

dolfan87
09-04-2002, 11:51 PM
We really hated to do this, but it was becoming quite obvious that with the growth of the site, we just flat couldn't afford to keep it running by ourselves.

I also wanted to point out the extremely hard work our three Mods put in. 06, has helped out financially, as well as with his Mod work, and was one of the (if not THE) very first member of our forums.

39 (an old pal of mine from the Yahoo Club) who tirelessly sits in front of a computer all day long at work, (and suprisingly hasn't been fired yet) spends 7.5 of his 8 hour working day watching over the forums.

Then there is 984, who while also Modding a couple forums, also is a writer for the main site. He too is going to school, and taking care of our "home"

This place has become very, very special, and like I said, we hated to even write up anything asking for money, but advertising just hasn't been as successful as I had hoped.

In fact if anyone out there has experience in the online ad game, your help would probably be the answer here.

We do this for you guys, and hope you continue to enjoy our efforts.

miadphan13
09-05-2002, 12:04 AM
C'mon guys! :D I have donated $100 in the past and will continue to do so. I also have purchased one of the banners for something really special to be revealed later. :)

This is the GREATEST Dolphins board out there, so please contribute to keep it the BEST. :D

FinHeavenAJ
09-05-2002, 12:05 AM
Yes, I want to agree with 87... the article I typed up was a "short" and broad history of FinHeaven & Co. This site would NEVER have been what it is today with out the help of Dave (39), Jorden (984), and Larry (06).

Larry has been with FinHeaven & Co for the longest time. I am pretty sure he has been with us since the first set of forums a long time ago... he was still posting on the ESPN board... and I recall him being our "advertiser" on the ESPN board... Not to mention the every once in a while donation...

39 & 984 have been great... you guys have helped the boards so much. Thank you very much for your time and effort.

Again, the article I typed wasn't an exact day-to-day history... if I were to do that, the article would be EXTREMELY long. I am sorry if I missed someone... but I assure you, FinHeaven & Co could have NEVER been what it is today without your help!

poornate
09-05-2002, 12:06 AM
Don't feel bad about asking. A service has been provided by you guys for a considerable ammount of time free of charge and I want it to continue. I'm watching this and hope that a lot of people step forward and help out. if you hadn't posted this I would have had no idea about the expense this site personally posed you. A lot of people enjoy this site and I am sure they will show you that they appreciate your work as well.

Capt. Dick
09-05-2002, 12:23 AM
I am chipping in $50, AJ and 87. Thanks for the time and effort that you have put into this site! It seems like a second home to me.

C`mon, fellow Phin-fans, time to break open the ol` wallets and purses. $5.00 or $500.00, whatever you can afford. It`s a family thing. :)

Cranx
09-05-2002, 12:56 AM
I just dropped $20 to you guys. I'm getting married next month (thank God it'll be over then) so I don't have a ton to spare but hopefully every little bit helps. This has become my home away from home in my home on my desk...nevermind, I just really like the site.
:biggrin:

Capt. Dick
09-05-2002, 12:59 AM
Congrats on your forthcoming marriage, 88.

dirtywhiteboy
09-05-2002, 01:44 AM
well i chipped in ($ amount withheld cause it was all in truck seat change) as much as i hate these assholes who keep raising the price...must be owned by the nfl!:lol:

thanks aj and company for this awesome site, hopefully this helps!

:monkey: the nfl

Cranx
09-05-2002, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Capt. Dick
Congrats on your forthcoming marriage, 88.

Thanks Capt. She's an incredible woman and I can't wait to start my life with her but this wedding thing just needs to end. I never thought I could spend 90% of my life for a year focusing on one single day...it's exhausting. :eek:

dirtywhiteboy
09-05-2002, 02:50 AM
it's all about the woman there expo...it'll all be over soon, just hang in there! crazy how society makes us guys go through with this stuff!

gottahavefootba
09-05-2002, 09:12 AM
I helped out a little... keep up the great work!!! and keep up the site!!

dolphan39
09-05-2002, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Adphinistrator87
39 (an old pal of mine from the Yahoo Club) who tirelessly sits in front of a computer all day long at work, (and suprisingly hasn't been fired yet) spends 7.5 of his 8 hour working day watching over the forums.

sorry I cannot I am saving my money for after I am laid off. ;)

seriously AJ And 87, you know what this site means to me and how much I enjoy mod'ing and posting here as well as working w/you guys. :friends: Not much time left to excersize my freshman writing skills I learned and write commentary, but we'll see....(AJ was this your paper for school ? :eat: )

My next donation will be the proceeds from my not even possessed winning prize in the nickname contact, aka a Dan Marino rookie card. Not sure if I should ask for bids from Finheaven members which seems a little odd or just post it on eBay - thoughts :help:

Dave/39

dolfan87
09-05-2002, 10:20 AM
I would put it up on e bay, and just post the link here so the members can bid on it.

You mush safer that way.

Yes Dave, I didn't mention your awesome writing skills...you are one of my favorites, and I forgot to bring that up. My brain, it fails me sometimes...ok most of the time. ;)

inFINSible
09-05-2002, 02:08 PM
You know you guys can count on me.:D

dolphan39
09-05-2002, 03:34 PM
I would put it up on e bay, and just post the link here so the members can bid on it.

You mush safer that way.

87 will do once I get it from DCH - wonder what a good price is to start $25 ? ideas ? :help:

iceblizzard69
09-05-2002, 04:22 PM
I'll donate whenever I get around to it to the best Fins site on the net!!!!! :)

underwaterjedi
09-05-2002, 04:23 PM
This is my first post. I got off my a$$ 'cause its for a good cause. I am a relatively new member but I am on the site almost all the time. I put some money in the mail today.

It'd be great that you post some running total so that we know how successful the fund raising has been, and where the site stands for covering the yearly expenses. Thanks for all your effort.

dolphan39
09-05-2002, 04:34 PM
thanks and let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your stay here more enjoyable :D

dolfan87
09-05-2002, 04:38 PM
Actually I really like that idea. We will get a running total, and keep everyone informed as to where we stand for the year.

You guys have been great...I am amazed!

Anyway I will talk with AJ, and we will get the total thing all worked up.

dirtywhiteboy
09-06-2002, 02:04 AM
that's not michael b...it's dirtywhiteboy...dammit aj, if my real name gets out the fbi will find me!:D

Sherif
09-06-2002, 08:41 AM
I guess this site is not self supporting from the advertising. No mention of advertising $$. Also, people may feel guilty posting here now if they dont contribute.

FinHeavenAJ
09-06-2002, 09:37 AM
By no means do I want to make people feel guilty if they do not donate.

About advertising, we have sold advertising to miadphan13 for, I believe, $30 a month. However, that is simply not enough to cover the hosting expenses, which is our main concern.

If you have any good ideas about advertising, please let us know, we would love to hear from you.

iceblizzard69
09-06-2002, 07:59 PM
You could probably make a lot more money with the ads.

Capt. Dick
09-06-2002, 08:25 PM
Well, I think almost everybody could chip in a little money, at least for now.

iceblizzard69
09-06-2002, 08:41 PM
Im addicted to this site. I check it right when I get home everyday, and sometimes in the morning if I have enough time. Finheaven rocks. :)

dirtywhiteboy
09-06-2002, 10:38 PM
3w pitched in!!!! gotta love 'em!

Capt. Dick
09-06-2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy
3w pitched in!!!! gotta love 'em!

3W is good people.

Clumpy
09-06-2002, 11:33 PM
Hmmmmm..........should a Bills fan donate in order to harrass y'all?

I'll think about it.....

FinHeavenAJ
09-07-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Hmmmmm..........should a Bills fan donate in order to harrass y'all?

I'll think about it.....

Did I ever tell you how much I like BillsZone.com (http://www.billszone.com/) or how good of a cap analyst you are? :cool:

poornate
09-07-2002, 12:19 AM
I know another bills fan that gave!

Clumpy
09-07-2002, 12:20 AM
:lol:

That may work!!

poornate
09-07-2002, 12:26 AM
I, jokingly, told him I was going to post it in BBI's shoutbox. He loved that!

bigbry
09-07-2002, 01:20 AM
Andrew, more money coming your way. And you have an E-Mail.

BB

Miamian
09-10-2002, 09:43 PM
I'm sending in a check for $50 tomorrow. See you at the Yets game.

poornate
09-11-2002, 01:09 AM
A.J., here's another $10. Please promise to never get mod nazi's like bbi.

FinHeavenAJ
09-11-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by poornate
A.J., here's another $10. Please promise to never get mod nazi's like bbi.

Wow... I hope we never do... LOL. I think we are all pretty cool around here... and we try to be. The only people that get banned are the EXTREME cases...

Anyways, thanks man! I really appreciate it! :cool:

miadphan13
09-12-2002, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
About advertising, we have sold advertising to miadphan13 for, I believe, $30 a month. However, that is simply not enough to cover the hosting expenses, which is our main concern.

Yes, I have offered to buy a banner ad for a year. I am not prepared to disclose yet what I have planned. ;)

Jaydog57
09-12-2002, 03:11 AM
I've got so much cash tied up in booze and drugs at this point, I'm not sure if I can help out. I can offer feedback however, and can say y'all are doing a great job. I'm usually only on here to talk sh!t and be a goof anyways, but if I get an extra 10 bucks from an ounce of Columbian smack or Alcapulco Gold, it's yours!:cool:

dolphan39
09-14-2002, 06:24 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1859399851

All proceeds for this Dan Marino Topps Rookie card will go directly to run this site :D

FinHeavenAJ
09-14-2002, 08:42 PM
Thanks man... thats really cool. :cool:

Clumpy
09-15-2002, 06:46 AM
I want ya around when ya miss the playoffs :lol:

$10

Miamian
09-19-2002, 12:28 AM
Hey AJ, what's your deadline or timetable on this, if you have one?

FinHeavenAJ
09-19-2002, 08:08 AM
Hey, there isn't any deadline for this. Well, ok there is. Whenever the donations get close the the goal, as this is the only time I would like to use the money to pay off the host for one year or so.

I feel that while the hosting has been paid off for one year, I can be saving for the next year with advertisements and whatever else. Thus, I shouldn't have to ask for donations again.

So, in essence, there is no deadline date. As I personally would like to use the entire "goal" amount for one LARGE purchase. Granted, if the donations don't reach that goal, I can pay off some other yearly fees and what not. So, the money will NOT go to waste, trust me on that. I plan to keep an "online book record" of everything the donations are spent on, so you guys can see where your money is going.

Anyways, I have to get going. Have to head off to school...

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

Clumpy
09-20-2002, 06:43 AM
My $10 buys a Bills victory....right?? :)

FinHeavenAJ
09-20-2002, 09:30 AM
hahaha... hahahahaha..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: man thats TOO funny.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: never ;)

poornate
10-04-2002, 01:35 AM
How's the donating going AJ?

dolfan87
10-04-2002, 10:17 AM
It's died out, and we are still pretty short. It's time for another rally!!!

We need about another 400.00. Then we will be set for the year.

"Anyone? Anyone?" "Something DOO economics...VOODOO economics"

It's all about the Phins baby.

Miamian
10-05-2002, 09:23 PM
Come on guys. Among almost 1,000 people who post here there's got to be $400 amongst you.

dolfan06
10-05-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Miamian
Come on guys. Among almost 1,000 people who post here there's got to be $400 amongst you. YOU WOULD THINK SO!:rolleyes:

dolfan06
10-05-2002, 11:03 PM
if 400 people donated a dollar, you'd have it!

dolfan87
10-06-2002, 10:31 AM
Yea, 1 dollar...drop a buck in the mail, and we would be all set!!

Everyone drop 1 dollar in the mail on Monday...COME ON!!

dolfan06
10-06-2002, 11:27 AM
Yea, 1 dollar...drop a buck in the mail, and we would be all set!!

Everyone drop 1 dollar in the mail on Monday...COME ON!! i bet AJ never dreamed the site would get this big! maybe we should go after trump or gates!? get them interested!

FinHeavenAJ
10-06-2002, 11:29 AM
LMAO... you know, if anyone has certain connections, we could try and get endorsements from players or something...

breckenridge55
10-06-2002, 09:00 PM
As many of you know, Finheaven.com is going through some financial difficulties right now. We have tried the idea of donations coming from you, the fans and supporters of this website but it seems that the idea of simple donations is not working (only $480 after a month or two). That is why I am asking YOU, to help us here.

We need ideas for some fundraisers or things that can get the site some money so we don't have to shut down. If you have any ideas, or if you are willing to donate ANY amount of money, please reply to this post.

Some of us have come up with a fundraiser. We call it "A buck for a win" where each participating member would donate a dollar a win. That way, if we win 12 games this year and 100 members join in, we can earn 1200 dollars this year which should come very close to covering the entire year's cost of running the site. That means only 1 out of 10 members, donating a dollar a win, can give us a whole year's worth of money to run the site with.

This, obviously, is not the only idea. Please, if you have any other ideas, or would like to donate any money, just reply to this post and let us know. All your help and support is appreciated. Thank you and GO DOLPHINS!

miadphan13
10-06-2002, 09:16 PM
When I get my travel agency up and running on this site, I can donate a percentage of every member's sale to FinHeaven. :) It is coming very soon! :D

breckenridge55
10-06-2002, 09:45 PM
Great! Thanks, 13. More help would be great!

poornate
10-06-2002, 09:47 PM
Post the link on the end of this thread again so people that haven't seen it can know where to contribute.

WharfRat
10-06-2002, 09:51 PM
Count me in on the $1/win thing!! So... I already owe the site $4.... hope I'll be out $15 by the end of the season!!

Miamian
10-07-2002, 12:59 AM
The $1/game thing will raise some money, we should extend it into the playoffs also. But, people have already had a chance to donate whatever amount they want and we're still far short of what's needed.

It's just a bit sickening that so many people post here so often and they can't part with maybe five f*cking bucks. Most of us aren't poor, but most of us aren't Bill Gates either and SOME have sent AJ some money for the site. AJ's just too nice a guy to boot the freeloaders off.

Surferosa
10-07-2002, 05:54 AM
Just a thought - Have you approached a representaive of the Dolphins organization? This is far and away the best Dolphins board on the web, and imo they would gladly sponsor the operating costs of this site in return for generating so much positive hype and attention on these boards. For the realitvely small amount of money that you are asking for ($1,500 is chump change to the club), they may decide it is in their best interests to "donate" the money on an annual basis.

if you need help with this, let me know.

Clumpy
10-07-2002, 06:44 AM
Hey!!! Even Bills fans have donated........that should shame some Fishy fans into donating one week's beer money :rolleyes:

dolphan39
10-07-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by miadphan13
When I get my travel agency up and running on this site, I can donate a percentage of every member's sale to FinHeaven. :) It is coming very soon! :D how about a FinHeaven cheerleader calendar ?

Amars
10-07-2002, 12:49 PM
This is an idea. I don't know if it will work. I remember when I signed up for paypal they'll give you $5 plus whoever refered them will get $5. Well If we open up new paypal accounts finheaven will automatically get $5 for being the referral and then we can get the $5 we got for the new account and donate it. The thing is I don't know if they still offer that deal. And what happen if you already have an account can you get another one? Does anybody know?

Clumpy
10-07-2002, 02:25 PM
I will add $5/ Miami loss :lol:

Imagine if the Fish lost like 10 games :) that's $50 more that I would donate

Cranx
10-07-2002, 02:33 PM
I will add $5/ Miami loss :lol:

Imagine if the Fish lost like 10 games :) that's $50 more that I would donate

Basically, Clump's saying that he's not donating any more money.
:biggrin:

Clumpy
10-07-2002, 03:00 PM
:(

But I really want to donate :)

poornate
10-07-2002, 07:11 PM
I love this site. Please help out guys!
(here's a little more AJ)

dolfan06
10-07-2002, 07:52 PM
I love this site. Please help out guys!
(here's a little more AJ) i don't think i could elaborate on that one bit. i love this site, PLEASE help!

dolfan06
10-07-2002, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Surferosa
Just a thought - Have you approached a representaive of the Dolphins organization? This is far and away the best Dolphins board on the web, and imo they would gladly sponsor the operating costs of this site in return for generating so much positive hype and attention on these boards. For the realitvely small amount of money that you are asking for ($1,500 is chump change to the club), they may decide it is in their best interests to "donate" the money on an annual basis.

if you need help with this, let me know. sounds like it could go!

poornate
10-08-2002, 09:04 AM
I wish people would realize that a buck a piece would prevent AJ from having to charge a subscription fee. For me that would ruin a lot of what I love about this site. No more Jills fans to mock. Think about it smack fans. Would you pay $20 to go to BBI? Probably not. Don't give $50.00. Give $5. If these guys come asking for some help and they don't get it, do you think their need goes away? There is a paypal link at the start of this thread. It's just a couple of clicks to donate. Or you could send in a check for a few dollars to the address. Not complicated but definitely appreciated.

dolphan39
10-08-2002, 10:20 AM
I wish people would realize that a buck a piece would prevent AJ from having to charge a subscription fee. For me that would ruin a lot of what I love about this site. No more Jills fans to mock. Think about it smack fans. Would you pay $20 to go to BBI? Probably not. Don't give $50.00. Give $5. If these guys come asking for some help and they don't get it, do you think their need goes away? There is a paypal link at the start of this thread. It's just a couple of clicks to donate. Or you could send in a check for a few dollars to the address. Not complicated but definitely appreciated. exacly what I was thinking so I donated $10 to the cause. All we need to for the active members to throw in $5-$10 bucks and the #s will start adding :up: :D

poornate
10-08-2002, 10:23 AM
I just sent in another twenty last night. I think it's like the third time I've "tithed". I don't mind giving extra money when I have it. I would prefer not to have people be discouraged from visiting us because there is a fee.

85inthehall
10-08-2002, 04:12 PM
How about trying to lower operating expenses?
you currently pay
$35/yr for the domain - transfer it to Dotster $14.95/year
$30/yr for the message board - switch to one that does force you into a license - phpbb 2.0 is excellent and feature rich http://phpbb.com/ since it is PHP it takes up very little band width is is very quick -- I also believe there is a conversion for vB to phpBB
There are hosts out there that offer unlimited bandwidth and unlimited storage space -- what kind of system are you on now? Unix, Linux, Windows -- http://www.megawebserver.com/ offers $210/yr unlimited storage/bandwidth on a windows system-- you could cut your expenses in half
Worst case charge $9.95/yr membership to the site -- you might have 1200 members but how many have never returned to the site? never posted? or came from another site to talk trash for a week and vanished?
Remove "members" that haven't signed on in 6 months more - gives you a better idea of your actual user group
Have other ideas also --
John
John@jpcomedy.com

85inthehall
10-08-2002, 04:14 PM
I believe paypal stopped the $5 on personal accounts -- i think the only give the $5 with business/premier account startups - now that e-bay bought them who knows what they will offer.

FinHeavenAJ
10-08-2002, 07:34 PM
85 - we plan on switching to 000domains which is $13.95 a year after this year ends.

Furthermore, we don't have to pay the $30 a year, we just want to get the updates for vBulletin. So this is optional, but we choose to upgrade...

About the host, we are looking around. We have found some chearper hosts, however, I personally do not trust a host that offers unlimited bandwidth. Every hosts buys bandwidth in bulk (most of them anyways). So, if they buy 30gigs and you go over that EVERY single month... you're telling me that they will have no problem with that? I don't think so. It's simple business. I know one too many friends that went with this type of plan, and exceeding 30gigs, the host ended up threatening their site by saying pay more or leave.

Furthermore, most shared servers won't work for us, and this is usually inexpensive to begin with. We are looking for a VPS or dedicated... most likely a VPS though.

Good ideas... if you have any more, let us know. Furthermore, if you know anyone in the hosting business, let us know. Thanks...

dolfan06
10-08-2002, 07:35 PM
alright nate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

85inthehall
10-08-2002, 08:45 PM
Andrew,
Let me ask around for you - i have a lot of contacts in the computer business and might be able to get you some leads to save you some money ...
You seem to have a very loyal following -- affiliate sites are tough because of the 5-10% commision per sale and only getting money after $25 threshold...
Finheaven hats, visors, and t-shirts - use your own logo and not any official dolphin logos -- if you can get 100 people that want to buy a shirt for $15-$20 you can get a nice profit from that if you have a good t-shirt company in the area..i know some screen printing guys also....i recommend getting some prices and get money first - make the shirts after you have the guarantee since you don't want to get stuck holding the bag on them
do you offer finheaven.com e-mail for users? i bet a lot of people would go for $5 a year for 3-5mb mailbox
JP

FinHeavenAJ
10-08-2002, 08:59 PM
I have thought about shirts, however, the main problem always comes down to having the people to buy the shirts. I will look into this once again... however, I'll have to think of SOMETHING that will be cool for a shirt... something not boring... LOL :lol:

Also, we do not offer finheaven.com email, however, we offer phinsfan.com free email. Think about it... andrew@phinsfan.com... its great :D

dolfan06
10-08-2002, 09:10 PM
something new?

FinHeavenAJ
10-08-2002, 09:25 PM
what?

dolfan06
10-08-2002, 09:29 PM
what? did you notice the question mark? i was asking if you had an idea for another shirt!:D

FinHeavenAJ
10-08-2002, 09:30 PM
oh lol... didn't know if you were talkin about the shirts or the email thing... no ideas for shirts yet :D

dolfan06
10-08-2002, 09:34 PM
somebody had an idea about the dolphins organization sponsoring this site, he said he could help! check it out!;)

FinHeavenAJ
10-08-2002, 09:35 PM
I PMed him

dolfan06
10-08-2002, 09:37 PM
I PMed him good deal! sounded good anyway!;)

baccarat
10-08-2002, 10:38 PM
I'm going to send $5 tomorrow. I know its not a lot, but I'll send some more later this month or early November when I get more cash.

FinHeavenAJ
10-08-2002, 10:39 PM
Thanks booyeah... anything is better than nothing. Heck, if every member were to do that, we would most likely be set :D

Clumpy
10-09-2002, 08:25 AM
You've got another $5 from me and another $5 for every Fins loss............so root for your opponents :lol:

dolfan06
10-09-2002, 08:42 AM
You've got another $5 from me and another $5 for every Fins loss............so root for your opponents :lol: i don't know whether to say thanks or #$@%&$#@%$!

dolfan87
10-09-2002, 10:18 AM
Thanks Clumped. :D

Booyeah, your doing what you can, and we appreciate that A LOT.

Thanks so much to all who are helping...cause my credit card is bumping it's limit. ;)

Surferosa
10-09-2002, 11:15 AM
I PMed him

I have mail! I PMed you back.....:)

breckenridge55
10-09-2002, 02:01 PM
LMAO, clumped, I agree with 06. Should we say thanks or $^#&$*!@#? LMAO. Well I guess we can look at it this way, there is a good in every game. We either win, or get 5 bucks from clumped. Thanks for all the support you guys.

miadphan13
10-09-2002, 09:02 PM
About the host, we are looking around. We have found some chearper hosts, however, I personally do not trust a host that offers unlimited bandwidth. Every hosts buys bandwidth in bulk (most of them anyways). So, if they buy 30gigs and you go over that EVERY single month... you're telling me that they will have no problem with that? I don't think so. It's simple business. I know one too many friends that went with this type of plan, and exceeding 30gigs, the host ended up threatening their site by saying pay more or leave.

Furthermore, most shared servers won't work for us, and this is usually inexpensive to begin with. We are looking for a VPS or dedicated... most likely a VPS though.

Good ideas... if you have any more, let us know. Furthermore, if you know anyone in the hosting business, let us know. Thanks...

I am hosting my website through www.pronicsolutions.com which is my assistant manager's husband's company. He hosts all the servers at my travel agency. We have 535 outside travel agents across the country with websites linked with us. They are located in Orlando, FL. They offer dedicated servers. Check out their website and if you have any questions, I can ask him or my assistant manager. :)

FinHeavenAJ
10-09-2002, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the info Michelle... however their prices are pretty steep for what we need :(

We need a Linux server (which for them starts out at $199 a month) and more than 30gigs of bandwidth (which brings the price to $299 a month).

Oh well, I continue to look for deals, and I may have found a few. Thanks for the information though :D

dirtywhiteboy
10-10-2002, 07:37 PM
pretty sad, we have over 1,000 members and only 17 of us will donate $$$ to keep the site open?

dirtywhiteboy
10-10-2002, 07:44 PM
like i said before...pretty sad that we have over 1,000 members and only seventeen of us have donated, two of them are bill's fans! looks like miamian and i are on the same page.

dolfan06
10-10-2002, 09:11 PM
my name is not on the list, but i've donated!

dirtywhiteboy
10-10-2002, 09:49 PM
ok, 18 then...still sad!

dolfan06
10-10-2002, 09:51 PM
very sad indeed!

VanDolPhan
10-11-2002, 10:14 PM
Well I am pretty broke these days gearing up for a move to Germany. However once I get there I should be able to put up some euro's once I am settled in :)

I believe I remember you talking about advertising space for the boards. What were those prices again?

I have UK/US ICQ contacts with the gaming publisher CDV (2001 ECTS Publisher of the Year and behind games like Sudden Strike, Cossacks, Neocron, Breed etc). I might be able to convince them to buy some ad space ala they did with PVPonline (http://www.pvponline.com). Also Reakktor (the makers of Neocron) might be interested also. Just need to know the exact details before I talk to them.

poornate
10-15-2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy
pretty sad, we have over 1,000 members and only 17 of us will donate $$$ to keep the site open?

Just thought I'd reiterate this again.:(

poornate
10-16-2002, 02:40 AM
1 more person?

Slaine
10-16-2002, 04:36 AM
I hope you guys find an answer to this - I've enjoyed visiting the site so I've ponied up. Good luck.

FinHeavenAJ
10-16-2002, 09:10 AM
Just to let everyone know, the new host is $54.95 a month, we paid it off for one year, and got two months free. Thus, the payment was $549.50 every year. So, the donations did cover the cost of hosting this year. Now, I am going to save all donations and other revenue to save for the registration and renewal of vBulletin. Furthermore, we will save for hosting next year.

Thanks to everyone that did donate, your support is GREATLY appreciated.

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

Capt. Dick
10-16-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Slaine
I hope you guys find an answer to this - I've enjoyed visiting the site so I've ponied up. Good luck.

Slaine, thanks man....now if we can just get everybody else to pony up a few bucks. :rolleyes:

dolfan06
10-16-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Capt. Dick

Slaine, thanks man....now if we can just get everybody else to pony up a few bucks. :rolleyes: gotta get hold of AJ, i think i've got somebody interested in buying a space for an ad!:D its a sports bar, perfect!:D

dolfan06
10-16-2002, 08:43 PM
how much are the banners?

iceblizzard69
10-16-2002, 08:55 PM
I am going to donate when I go to the post office, probably sometime next week. :)

Capt. Dick
10-16-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I am going to donate when I go to the post office, probably sometime next week. :)

Atta boy, ice!! :D

Clumpy
10-17-2002, 03:51 PM
I'm still honoring my $5/ Fish loss pledge

Hopefully that will be $10 come Sunday :)

VanDolPhan
10-18-2002, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
gotta get hold of AJ, i think i've got somebody interested in buying a space for an ad!:D its a sports bar, perfect!:D

Tell him to check here to. I need to know that information if I am going to help.

FinHeavenAJ
10-18-2002, 08:26 AM
Sorry VDP,

The current advertiser got a sweet deal from us a month ago (simply because we needed the money for the hosting...), and got three months on the finheaven.com page and bought half of the advertising on the boards. I originally thought that I would have another advertiser to take up the other half of the advertising, but they backed out. Oh well...

Anyways, if the companies would like to purchase the other half of advertising space (468x60) on the boards, it will be $20 a month.

Furthermore, there is a 120x120 or 120x60 banner space available on the finheaven.com pages. Those banners will be above the fold. The price of those are $35 a month. The reason why those are more expensive are simply because its a full advertisement (you aren't splitting it with another advertiser compared to the 468x60 banner on the boards).

During the season we get an average of 7.5 million hits a month. Furthermore, we have an average of 59,000 uniques. As you can also tell, we have 1,075 registered members on the message board, and are growing rapidly. I personally made a goal to have over 3,000 registered members by next season.

If you have any more questions, please email me or IM me... Also, note that we are open to any bargaining... For example, if they have a link to us, we will lower the cost of the banner and etc.

VanDolPhan
10-18-2002, 04:13 PM
No problem. CDV recently signed an online marketing deal with the Themis Group (http://www.themis-group.com/view_news.phtml?id=15). I just got ahold of the main guys ICQ # so I will put it forth to him next time I see him online.

Shouldn't be a problem as it shouldn't be hard to make back the money at that price and I'm sure a lot of you PC gamers would love some of their games like Neocron, Sudden Strike, Cossacks, Breed etc.

FinHeavenAJ
10-21-2002, 09:24 AM
You've got another $5 from me and another $5 for every Fins loss............so root for your opponents :lol:

There is a bright side to the loss... lmao... I think...

Clumpy
10-21-2002, 09:20 PM

$15 after the Monday nighter in GB :)

Clumpy
10-21-2002, 10:14 PM

poornate
10-21-2002, 10:15 PM
Neneh Cherry? :lol:

breckenridge55
10-21-2002, 11:32 PM
Thanks clumped, I guess. I'm still unsure to thank you or to say screw you. LMAO

Clumpy
10-21-2002, 11:35 PM