PDA

View Full Version : sean salisbery says Losmn would be 1st overall

Losman7
04-16-2005, 06:16 PM
in this years draft. I'm gonna have to agree with him. You guys should go with a RB, these QB's are gonna bust.

sn9ke.eyes
04-16-2005, 06:18 PM
When has Sean Salisbury every been right about anything ?

The guy sucked as a player and he sucks as a analyst.

MikeO
04-16-2005, 06:19 PM
Salsbury is a moron. IF he thinks SF would have taken a QB from Tulane over a QB from the bay area and have a happy fan base.......he's nuts!

Usually stuff like that doesn't matter, but when your picking #1 overall it sorta does! Not to mention how the F' does Salsbury know what Losman would have done LAST year in college!

He's a moron!

ChambersWI
yeah, and we all know how good Salisbury is at analyzing football :rolleyes:

Joey 22
in this years draft. I'm gonna have to agree with him. You guys should go with a RB, these QB's are gonna bust.

I wouldnt say he is that much better, but he is right in the same level though, and by saying that you knida said Losman will bust also:lol: . Well thanx for the tip personally I hope we can trade down, I dont want the QBs either.

DonShula84
04-16-2005, 06:21 PM

Did he say 1st overall or 1st QB taken, there is a difference. If he said 1st overall then he is dumber than I thought and you are an amazing homer.

nolefin
04-16-2005, 06:22 PM
man i am not saying loseman sucks but you have got to be kidding me to say he is better than smith or rogers, if loseman did not have speed he would not be a 5th round pick.

Jaj
04-16-2005, 06:22 PM

Do you really in the back of your mind even believe that :rolleyes:

If you do there is no hope for you my friend...

Salisbury is the biggest DUMB *** THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN

CrunchTime
04-16-2005, 06:24 PM
IMO The Bills paid too much for Losman .I would say he is equivalent in talent to the second tier QBs in this draft and probably would have been taken after a couple.I am just not too impressed with him but I am happy that the Bills are banking their future on him.:evil:

Losman7
04-16-2005, 06:25 PM
Losman has a great arm and is accurate, and runs a 4.5. Hes 6' 3'' and hes been lifting and meeting with Sam Wyche every day since like January.

And SS said 1st overall, Rodgers and Smith are only rated highly because they are all that are available.

You guys really need to trade down, there is no value in the first 10 picks aside from The WR's and Derrick Johnson, and you won't take them.

MikeO
IMO The Bills paid to much for Losman .I would say he is equivalent in talent to the second tier QBs in this draft and probably would have been taken after a couple.I am just not too impressed with him but I am happy the Bills banking their future on him.

Actually I think they underpaid for him. It was a steal. If he stays healthy, when Buffalo was 0-4 last year he would have started in October.

When he went down, Bledsoe was lucky and the Bills caught lightening in a bottle with that run they had. But the way they started the season, he would have been in there playing.

Jnaledu3
Losman better? Just goes to show you how much of an idiot Salisbury is.

KB21
Losman would have been squarely behind both Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith in this draft.

Losman7
04-16-2005, 06:26 PM
IMO The Bills paid too much for Losman .I would say he is equivalent in talent to the second tier QBs in this draft and probably would have been taken after a couple.I am just not too impressed with him but I am happy that the Bills are banking their future on him.:evil:

Even if he plays like AJ Feeley we'll be better than we were, Losman will make more playws with his feet than Feeley and we also have a better running game and wideouts than Feeley had.

DonShula84
04-16-2005, 06:27 PM
Even if he plays like AJ Feeley we'll be better than we were, Losman will make more playws with his feet than Feeley and we also have a better running game and wideouts than Feeley had.

If he plays like Feeley than you overpaid

ChambersWI
04-16-2005, 06:27 PM

I'll give you running game, WR is questionable since if Booker and Chambers get the ball they're pretty good. No one ever said AJ would make plays with his legs.... but if we get Alex Smith.... :wink:

Losman7
04-16-2005, 06:28 PM
Losman would have been squarely behind both Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith in this draft.

Losman is the kind of QB who makes it because he's a gambler and he's got superior athletics.

Plus he played well on a terrible team, Rodgers plays in a system designed for QB's.

kizzaboo
04-16-2005, 06:30 PM
I'll give you running game, WR is questionable since if Booker and Chambers get the ball they're pretty good. No one ever said AJ would make plays with his legs.... but if we get Alex Smith.... :wink:

McMike, how dare you forget McMike....:mad:

MelbournePhin
04-16-2005, 06:30 PM
why are you here losman? take this sh-t to the beast or depths forum.

KillerJosh373
04-16-2005, 06:31 PM
I think Losman could be pretty good for the Bills, but he wouldnt go ahead of Rodgers or Smith.Id see him going before Jason Cambell or Charlie Frye. In this years draft hed probably go around the same place h got drafted last year.

Pink_Dove
04-16-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Losman7
Losman is the kind of QB who makes it because he's a gambler and he's got superior athletics.

Plus he played well on a terrible team, Rodgers plays in a system designed for QB's.

Losman hasn't had a snap with the Bills yet, how can you say he played well ? ;)

nolefin
04-16-2005, 06:33 PM
man i can not wait until we play the bills and taylor and the rest of our guys drill loseman, this guy will not make it 16 games take that to the bank!

Losman7
04-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Losman hasn't had a snap with the Bills yet, how can you say he played well ? ;)

I meant for Tulane, I wouldn't call us a terrible team.

MelbournePhin
04-16-2005, 06:35 PM

hes talking about college. but really, who cares what hes talking about?

Losman7
04-16-2005, 06:35 PM
why are you here losman? take this sh-t to the beast or depths forum.

This isn't smack, I heard it on the radio, and it concerned your potential draft picks

Losman7
04-16-2005, 06:36 PM
man i can not wait until we play the bills and taylor and the rest of our guys drill loseman, this guy will not make it 16 games take that to the bank!

If Taylor couldn't get to Bledsoe why would he be able to catch Losman.

MelbournePhin
04-16-2005, 06:37 PM
If Taylor couldn't get to Bledsoe why would he be able to catch Losman.

he'll have carter and vonnie helping him

Justasportsfan
04-16-2005, 06:37 PM
Mort says the same thing.

jlfin
04-16-2005, 06:40 PM
Losman would not be rated higher than Rodgers or Smith. When he came out last year his attributes were mobility and a strong arm. The negatives were his inconsistency and inaccuracy. That is why he wasn't drafted earlier. Both of the top QB's in this draft have superior mobility and athleticism to Losman. Additionally, both are felt to be more accurate passers. In the case of Rodgers, arm strength is probably equal.
Also Rodgers and Smith led their teams to superior records. Rodgers, by the way riddled USC's vaunted defense and almost pulled off an upset.

Prime
04-16-2005, 06:41 PM
All of them ESPN doesnt know what "real" football is. I dont care what they say because they are one of the worst.

baalworship
Sean Salisbury isn't alone. Mel Kiper also agrees. But more importantly, one of the best NFL's best GM's and talent evaluators agrees, "Tom Donahoe has no second thoughts about giving up the Buffalo Bills' No. 1 pick in the 2005 NFL Draft.
The Buffalo Bills' president and general manager looks at the quarterbacks available in this year's draft and thinks he was fortunate to select J.P. Losman in the draft a year ago.

"I think he could be the first player taken (this year)," Donahoe said of Losman at a pre-draft media briefing Monday in Orchard Park. "That's just my opinion. I think he's definitely the first quarterback taken, and generally quarterbacks go first....Donahoe obviously is biased in favor of Losman, whom the Bills acquired last year in exchange for this year's No. 1 choice, along with second- and fifth-rounders last year. However, all draft experts agree that the quarterback class this year pales in comparison to last year's class.

Two quarterbacks this year - Utah's Alex Smith and California's Aaron Rodgers - are rated as top 10 prospects. No experts suggest they would have been top 10 picks last year. And if the Bills had kept what turned out to be the 23rd overall pick this year, it's apparent there would not have been a prime QB candidate worthy of the pick.

"As an organization we felt last year going into the draft that we wanted to try to get a young quarterback either last year or this year," Donahoe said. "When we looked at some of the grades Blesto (a national scouting service) had on juniors for this year - you don't know what underclassmen are going to come out - the junior grades on the quarterbacks were not exceptional. And there were four quarterbacks last year that we really liked."
" (Buffalo News)

Buffalo News Article Discussing Tom Donahoe's views on the QB's (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050412/1057450.asp)

The Green Bay Packers had Losman as a top 3 QB and the GM of the Rams said he liked Losman better than Manning, Roethlisberger, and Rivers.

I know you guys are praying that Losman is a bust. No one knows what will happen until we see the guy play real NFL games. But Salisbury isn't the only one that likes Losman...

ih8brady
Here is a non-bias source(not some ESPN clown or local paper) comparin Losman and this year's top 2 QBs:

LOSMAN:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2004/draft/players/47584.html

Had a solid Combine and displayed some of the best long-passing skills.

POSITIVES: Nice-sized athletic passer with an NFL arm. Quickly sets up in the pocket, has a short, quick delivery and the pass explodes from his hand. Patient, buys time in the pocket and a tough passer that takes a hit in order to get the throw off. Senses pressure, gets outside tackle and easily eludes the rush, making the throw on the move.
NEGATIVES: Throws flat footed at times and as a result will be high of a target. Too often relies on his strong arm to make the play. Holds the ball too long in the pocket and takes unnecessary sacks.

ANALYSIS: A confident quarterback with the tools to back it up, Losman is a physically gifted passer with the ability to play in multiple offensive schemes.
PROJECTION: Early Second Round

ALEX SMITH
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2005/draft/players/63700.html

POSITIVES: Efficient and reliable passer that's done well in his college system. Accurate in the short field, leads receivers over the middle and places throws where only his target can make the reception. Solid timing on crossing patterns.
NEGATIVES: Must improve his corner patters in the end zone as passes tend to be flat. Rarely threw the ball down field in the Utah system.

ANALYSIS: A natural leader that does an excellent job running the offense, Smith has been very productive the past two years. Stays away from mistakes and has a tremendous touchdown-to-interception ratio. Does not have a deep passing arm just yet but would be initially effective in a timing or West Coast offense as he grows into a pro passing game.

PROJECTION: Early First Round

AARON RODGERS
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2005/draft/players/64079.html

POSITIVES: Athletic passer with the physical skills and mental intangibles needed to lead a franchise at the next level. Quickly sets up in the pocket, sells ball fakes and technically very sound. Poised under the rush, steps up to avoid defenders and works to keep the play alive. Patient, buys time in the pocket and waits for receivers to come free. Does an excellent job with his reads and natural looking off the safety. Does not make mental errors and throws the ball away rather than toss the errant pass.

NEGATIVES: Though accurate, lacks top pass placement and has receivers extending vertically to pull the ball out of the air. Must improve his accuracy down the field. Lacks top footwork releasing the ball off a three step drop. Lacks pocket stature.

ANALYSIS: A physically gifted passer with a great understanding of the position, Rodgers has made himself one of the nation's top quarterback prospects the past two seasons. May not fit every system...
PROJECTION: Early First Round

(NOTE: To read full analysis, click article)

So, Losman7, go ahead and believe that Losman is a better prospect than everyone in this draft...:rolleyes: :shakeno:

P.S.: 2nd rounder, sounds like a reach...:lol:

Losman7
Mort says the same thing.

I really believe it. I mean, at last years draft Losman was talked about very highly. Of course Finfans are gonna say he sucks, but I think the skys the limit with this kid.

Sure, he could turn out to be a bust, but he's in a perfect position to succeed, great RB, great WR's, Wyche coaching him, great D to cover his mistakes.

Losman7
04-16-2005, 06:43 PM
Both of the top QB's in this draft have superior mobility and athleticism to Losman..

This is absolutly not true. Look at the numbers.

Buddwalk

yeah right losman sucks...hes gonna be horrible trust me...hes a athletic qb with an above average arm...Alex Smith was 21-1 at utah and hes a winner coming in to the nfl...also his arm isnt weak like people say...i believe in my mind Losman in this draft wouldnt be picked til round 2...I believe Charlie Frye is a better prospect then him...Stupid Buffalo jumped the gun once again and took him cause there were no other qb prospects worth a damn...and they thought green bay was gonna snatch him which they werent, Buffalo also felt Losman was man then any other qb prospect coming out this year...which in my opinion proved not to be true!

ChambersWI

he said recievers not TE. :wink:

MelbournePhin
go back to bills zone, we dont give a fuk about losman right now

nolefin
04-16-2005, 06:44 PM
the thing about bledsoe is he will not try to be superman and run all over the place loseman will and when he does ha ha he is done, come back to this forum after week 8 and i bet loseman will be one of three places 1.bench 2.wheelchair
3.at the house. if he does good and is tough i will eat my words, by the way does buffalo play the ravens? if so ray lewis will break this kid he is to cocky.

MCMike81
04-16-2005, 06:44 PM
NEGATIVES: Throws flat footed at times and as a result will be high of a target. Too often relies on his strong arm to make the play. Holds the ball too long in the pocket and takes unnecessary sacks.

PROJECTION: Early Second Round

These are some draft notes from last year and I think that what you guys have here is a fast QB with the same mental problems as Bledsoe. I still think that Drew is the more intelligent QB so now you have someone that is not as smart but can run faster. Good luck ill talk Alex Smith anyday of the week over this guy. It is obvious if you watch Smith he has the athletic ability to be great and from what ive been reading he is one of the most intelligent QB's in years. Now I know that you Bills fans fall in love with your players but honestly if you are a GM who are you going to take?

Awsi Dooger
04-16-2005, 06:46 PM
Wait a minute, Losman played on a terrible Tulane team by CHOICE. In fact, he transferred from UCLA for the stated purpose of finding a team whose fate rested entirely on his shoulders. I still have contacts in the LA media and not one of them has a kind thing to say about J.P Losman. Not exactly a mature kid or team-oriented player.

He does have a good arm and release. No questioning his onfield cockiness and aggressive attitide, which usually translate well at the QB position. Still, I agree the Bills overpaid last year. At Tulane, Losman was far too erratic with questionable judgements for me to take him in the first round.

No way he's ahead of Smith or Rodgers in the draft order this year. Although I wouldn't discount Losman as a superior pro to Rodgers. I just don't like Rodgers.

jlfin
04-16-2005, 06:46 PM
I really believe it. I mean, at last years draft Losman was talked about very highly. Of course Finfans are gonna say he sucks, but I think the skys the limit with this kid.

Sure, he could turn out to be a bust, but he's in a perfect position to succeed, great RB, great WR's, Wyche coaching him, great D to cover his mistakes.

I don't think he's going to be a bust, but I don't think he's a better prospect than the top 2 coming out this year. Your comments are just wishful thinking. You only hope that Smith turns out to be a bust if Miami drafts him.

ih8brady
04-16-2005, 06:47 PM
No one knows what will happen until we see the guy play real NFL games.

ok, thats fair, but somehow you guys know that Smith and Rodgers will flop?

But Salisbury isn't the only one that likes Losman

Are we to expect Donahue to say a 1st year starter is a bust already? Of course he'll say something positive. Cant blame him for that but it is to be expected.

MikeO
It's a stupid stance to take by Sealsbury becuase YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT LOSMAN WOULD HAVE DONE AS A SENIOR IN COLLEGE! Your telling me if he threw 10 TD's to 20 INT's, he's the top QB in this draft?

It's idiotic on so many levels its beyond stupid

Losman7

Yeah WR's . McMike is ridiculous

Justasportsfan
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=7841

Mike (Greensboro): Were the Bills smart to get Losman last year for a 1st? Where would he be ranked against this years QBs?

Chris Mortensen: (11:46 AM ET ) Under those terms, I think Losman might have graded higher this year than Smith and Rodgers.

The link may now be different since they post the lastest chats.Oh and Jaworski even said that JP may be the best talent of the qb's last year. Even if he was off a little that still means he's worth a 1st rd. pick.

Let's say for agruments sake that Smith, Rogers and JP are of the same level (let's meet half way) . That means taking Smith or Rogers at no. 1 and 2 would be a reach for anyone since JP was considered by some as (arguably) a 2nd rounder last year.

That's how weak this qb class is this year.

CrunchTime
04-16-2005, 06:49 PM
Here is a non-bias source(not some ESPN clown or local paper) comparin Losman and this year's top 2 QBs:

LOSMAN:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2004/draft/players/47584.html

ALEX SMITH
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2005/draft/players/63700.html

AARON RODGERS
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2005/draft/players/64079.html

(NOTE: To read full analysis, click article)

So, Losman7, go ahead and believe that Losman is a better prospect than everyone in this draft...:rolleyes: :shakeno:

P.S.: 2nd rounder, sounds like a reach...:lol:

Thats an analysis I can buy.:)

Losman7
04-16-2005, 06:50 PM
It's a stupid stance to take by Sealsbury becuase YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT LOSMAN WOULD HAVE DONE AS A SENIOR IN COLLEGE! Your telling me if he threw 10 TD's to 20 INT's, he's the top QB in this draft?

It's idiotic on so many levels its beyond stupid

Couldn't the same be said for any player, any year??

Its a stupid argument.

sports24/7
04-16-2005, 06:52 PM
Sean Salisbury isn't alone. Mel Kiper also agrees.
Not true. On the Sportscenter NFL Draft preview on friday Kiper said Smith and Rogers would have been in the same area as Rivers and Big Ben, around the teens and would be higher than Losman.

Losman7
04-16-2005, 06:52 PM
go back to bills zone, we dont give a fuk about losman right now

Nicely put. Way to represent Austrailians

MCMike81
04-16-2005, 06:53 PM
NAME G ATT COM PCT YDS YDS/ATT YDS/G INT TD
1. J.p. Losman 13 401 230 57.4 2468 6.2 189.8 10 19

NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT
Alex Smith 214 317 2952 67.5 9.3 32 4 176.5

Also Smith is 6'4 compared to Losmans 6'2 and he runs a 4.7 compared to Losmas 4.5 something...wow less than 2 tenths of a sec. the numbers speak for themself and smith is the better QB i cant see where your argument is.

MikeO
Couldn't the same be said for any player, any year??

Its a stupid argument.

YES! Which is why Salsbury is a moron for trying to make this arguement.

MelbournePhin
Nicely put. Way to represent Austrailians

melbourne florida :)

Buddwalk
04-16-2005, 06:54 PM

Your a buffalo fan of course your going to be biased

$10 says you were scratching your head when buffalo made this pick!

Losman7
04-16-2005, 06:57 PM

$10 says you were scratching your head when buffalo made this pick!

I was really excited. I remember all week the had a segment on sports center about Losman, how he could very well be the best QB coming out of last years draft.

How Green Bay and a few other were looking at him in the late first.

I knew we needed a young QB to replace Drew, honestly I wanted Big ben from a trade up with Pit or at #13 (although I'm happy with Evans)

But when I saw the Bills logo pop up and heard we traded for Losman I was stoked.

Justasportsfan
04-16-2005, 06:57 PM
NAME G ATT COM PCT YDS YDS/ATT YDS/G INT TD
1. J.p. Losman 13 401 230 57.4 2468 6.2 189.8 10 19

NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT
Alex Smith 214 317 2952 67.5 9.3 32 4 176.5

.Didn't Smith have a better cast around him. A better OL?

Justasportsfan
04-16-2005, 06:58 PM

$10 says you were scratching your head when buffalo made this pick!Mort, Jaworski and Salisbury are bills fans too?

MikeO
04-16-2005, 07:00 PM
Mort, Jaworski and Salisbury are bills fans too?

No, but Tom Donahue worked for ESPN for a few years. They are all buddie-buddie and the ESPN crew is protecting their buddy.

Same way that Randy Muller's name is up for every GM job. ESPN guys are sticking together trying to get their buddy a job so they have anohter "un-named source" they can use.

baalworship
04-16-2005, 07:01 PM
Not true. On the Sportscenter NFL Draft preview on friday Kiper said Smith and Rogers would have been in the same area as Rivers and Big Ben, around the teens and would be higher than Losman.

Same area? Yeah, they'll be drafted in the same area. Let's try this all. Stop with the recycled CNNSI draft preview rankings and the like. Give me solid quotes from real NFL scouts, GM's and personnel people comparing Smith and Rogers and last year's QB class. I already gave you our GM saying the Blesto scouting service ranked last years QB's higher. I'll take Blesto (which uses real scouts and is PAID for by real NFL teams) over wishful thinking.

I am sure you should be able to find better stuff than what you guys are coming up with. BTW, again REAL scouting services (Not lame amateur scouting reports), REAL GM's, real scouts etc are what you guys should be coming with for your arguments.

TheMadPorpoise
04-16-2005, 07:05 PM

It's possible that Rodgers and Smith may be busts, but honestly I think Losman will be a bust as well.

Losman7
04-16-2005, 07:08 PM
It's possible that Rodgers and Smith may be busts, but honestly I think Losman will be a bust as well.

Rodgers and Smith just seem like QB's who are a stretch at early picks just because they are the only decent QB's.

Losman was a first rounder, even with the other 3 big names, so obviously someone saw somthing in him.

I could be wrong, I just think Smith and Rodgers are rated so highly cause there is nobody else.

Justasportsfan
04-16-2005, 07:08 PM
No, but Tom Donahue worked for ESPN for a few years. They are all buddie-buddie and the ESPN crew is protecting their buddy.

Same way that Randy Muller's name is up for every GM job. ESPN guys are sticking together trying to get their buddy a job so they have anohter "un-named source" they can use.Protecting a buddy at the risk of looking bad as announcers? Yeah sure. Maybe Saban will intentionally tank the draft so his buddy Bellichick would look good :rolleyes:

TheMadPorpoise
04-16-2005, 07:09 PM
Losman threw the worst interception I've ever seen last year against the Patriots. He was staring at this linebacker (Bruschi, I believe) and the guy was no more than 3 yards away from him and he throws the ball right to him. No Bills player in sight. Either Losman is blind, or he's the second coming of Joe Pisarcik.

TheMadPorpoise
04-16-2005, 07:10 PM
Rodgers and Smith just seem like QB's who are a stretch at early picks just because they are the only decent QB's.

Losman was a first rounder, even with the other 3 big names, so obviously someone saw somthing in him.

I could be wrong, I just think Smith and Rodgers are rated so highly cause there is nobody else.

Kiper said that Smith and Rodgers wouldn't be as high if they were in the 2004 draft, but they'd still be in the early teens of the first round and ahead of Losman.

Justasportsfan
04-16-2005, 07:11 PM
Losman threw the worst interception I've ever seen last year against the Patriots. He was staring at this linebacker (Bruschi, I believe) and the guy was no more than 3 yards away from him and he throws the ball right to him. No Bills player in sight. Either Losman is blind, or he's the second coming of Joe Pisarcik.Sure. But those INT's that AJ threw returned for TD's and that throw by Fiedler returned for a TD by Spikes was a thing of beauty :lol:

Losman7
04-16-2005, 07:12 PM
Losman threw the worst interception I've ever seen last year against the Patriots. He was staring at this linebacker (Bruschi, I believe) and the guy was no more than 3 yards away from him and he throws the ball right to him. No Bills player in sight. Either Losman is blind, or he's the second coming of Joe Pisarcik.

Thats play was BS. That was his first game action ever, coming off an injury, in the 4th quarter of an embarssing blowout to the world champions.

He had his warmups on and I believe he was the 3rd QB, Mularkey threw him in for some odd reason.

It really wasn't much worse than AJ's to Big Pat:evil:

Phinz4Life
04-16-2005, 07:15 PM
This is an excuse for you to brag about Losman.

:shakeno:

We'll have fun picking him off plenty of times twice a year.

baalworship
04-16-2005, 07:16 PM
Just when I asked for Fin fans to come up with REAL NFL GMs, scouts, and personnel comparing Smith & Rogers to Losman this thread gets moved out of the main forum....

It's unfortunate because if Salisbury is RIGHT, then this would have ENORMOUS complications for the Dolphins draft. Too bad this got moved. Oh well, I'll come back in a few days to see the 2 NFL scout quotes that insist Rogers isn't another Tedford bust and that Smith's passes don't really flutter....

:roflmao:

This will also give us Bills fans a first glimpse at Saban the GM. If he commits an enormous amount of cap space to one of these QB's I will feel much better about our chances vs this Dolphin regime in the next few years.

jlfin
04-16-2005, 07:18 PM
Sure. But those INT's that AJ threw returned for TD's and that throw by Fiedler returned for a TD by Spikes was a thing of beauty :lol:

What does that have to do with the discussion at hand?

Losman7
04-16-2005, 07:29 PM
OK, since many of you think Losman was a stretch in the first round, he would have been an early 2nd.

Maybe around at #36, a pick that a certain team traded for AJ Feeley.

Who would you rather have?

Dirtywater
04-16-2005, 07:29 PM
I know I may be in the minority here, but I think Losman could be really good. Even excellent. He is going to have a rough road ahead as all of the D he'll face in the AFCE are great, but I think he could easily have been chosen #1 this season.

Only time will tell, but I'd bet on the kid succeeding. Just a hunch though, may be wrong.

Losman7
04-16-2005, 07:32 PM
I know I may be in the minority here, but I think Losman could be really good. Even excellent. He is going to have a rough road ahead as all of the D he'll face in the AFCE are great, but I think he could easily have been chosen #1 this season.

Only time will tell, but I'd bet on the kid succeeding. Just a hunch though, may be wrong.

Yeah, but we don't see very tough D's early on, Houston D sucks, TB is declining, Oaklan sucks, NO sucks. Losman will have a chance to build confidence early on.

kizzaboo
04-16-2005, 07:39 PM
Yeah WR's . McMike is ridiculous

Eh, was only trying to help the arguement that there is more talent on the Phins passing game.

He is ridiculous? How so? Top 5 TE.

Shockey, Gates, Gonzalez, Heap, McMike in no particular order.

yankeehillbilly
04-16-2005, 07:40 PM
OK, since many of you think Losman was a stretch in the first round, he would have been an early 2nd.

Dont know yet. I'll tell you at the end of the upcoming season.

Dirtywater
04-16-2005, 07:43 PM

Assuming I have a choice with the same draft pick of Feely or Losman, I'd choose Losman hands down.

kizzaboo
04-16-2005, 07:47 PM
Sure. But those INT's that AJ threw returned for TD's and that throw by Fiedler returned for a TD by Spikes was a thing of beauty :lol:

Were we bragging about Feeley? No. Did you and Losman7 brag up Losman? Yes.

Bad attemt at being funny...:shakeno:

Losman7
04-16-2005, 07:53 PM
Eh, was only trying to help the arguement that there is more talent on the Phins passing game.

He is ridiculous? How so? Top 5 TE.

Shockey, Gates, Gonzalez, Heap, McMike in no particular order.

I think Gates and Gonzalez are 1a and 1b. Heap and McMichael are pretty equal IMO, although McMichael is a better athelete.

Shockey is way overrated. We'll see how Kellen Winslow Jr does.

kizzaboo
04-16-2005, 07:59 PM
I think Gates and Gonzalez are 1a and 1b. Heap and McMichael are pretty equal IMO, although McMichael is a better athelete.

Shockey is way overrated. We'll see how Kellen Winslow Jr does.

Gates has had 1 good year. Im not going to but him up with Gonzalez yet. A little premature in my opinion. Shockey also had a crap offence last year. I think he will rebound.

Losman7
04-16-2005, 08:02 PM
Gates has had 1 good year. Im not going to but him up with Gonzalez yet. A little premature in my opinion. Shockey also had a crap offence last year. I think he will rebound.

Gates is justa sick athelete, and big, he'll be even better when San Diego gets better WR's.

Shockeys a bum, his attitude is way to high for his production as of late.

kizzaboo
04-16-2005, 08:08 PM
Gates is justa sick athelete, and big, he'll be even better when San Diego gets better WR's.

Shockeys a bum, his attitude is way to high for his production as of late.

Gates, maybe.. maybe not, only speculation.

Shockey may be a bum, but so is Moss.. that does not make him a bad player or downplay his rank among his peers.

ih8brady
04-16-2005, 08:12 PM

Who here is claiming Feeley as great? Not even his biggest supporters are that clueless.

kizzaboo
04-16-2005, 08:14 PM
Who here is claiming Feeley as great? Not even his biggest supporters are that clueless.

This is true, and it was a dumb point for the Bill fan to bring up.:shakeno:

patsdynasty
04-16-2005, 08:15 PM
:roflmao: sean s??????? this idio is the same guy who said the colts would have no problems beating the pats in the playoffs, along with many other sportscasters, but he is the biggest idiot out there

Dirtywater
04-16-2005, 08:25 PM
Nothing has become more fashionable than saying anyone who is in the media is an idiot. I have no bias at all towards SS, and I think he is OK. Sure he is not always right, but who is? I'd still his advice over the average forum poster anyday.

Only time will tell, but Losman looks good to me.

Losman7
04-16-2005, 09:26 PM
Only time will tell, but Losman looks good to me.

Like Tom Brady good?:lol:

ih8brady
04-16-2005, 09:46 PM
Nothing has become more fashionable than saying anyone who is in the media is an idiot.

I agree. I hereby apologize to the World's idiots, morons and fools for ever comparing them to the sports media.

Like Tom Brady good?

What is that suppose to mean? That Brady isnt good or not better than Losman? If you believe either, you're W-R-O-N-G.

Losman7
04-16-2005, 10:41 PM
What is that suppose to mean? That Brady isnt good or not better than Losman? If you believe either, you're W-R-O-N-G.

That meansw Tom Brady is wayyy better than I ever thought he would be and if Losman were 2/3 the QB we'd sweep you every year.

ih8brady
04-16-2005, 10:45 PM
That meansw Tom Brady is wayyy better than I ever thought he would be and if Losman were 2/3 the QB we'd sweep you every year.

Kind of like how Brady and the pats swept us during our worst season ever? :shakeno:

Dirtywater
04-16-2005, 11:59 PM
Kind of like how Brady and the pats swept us during our worst season ever? :shakeno:

I guess that is one way to look at it. Another way is to point out that as part of the Patriots, he was a critical player in winning 3 out of the last 4 Super Bowls and twice won SB MVP.

And believe me, I am taking nothing away from your win in Miami against us this year. You handed us our ***, no excuses. But, if your point is that anyone can lose in today's NFL then I agree.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Losman7
04-17-2005, 12:37 AM

Dude, we swept you last year, but guess what, I'd let you beat us twice every year if we got to go on and win the Super Bowl.

I don't think Tom Brady is sweating the Dolphan game from last year. Its pretty much just you guys that still talk about it.

ih8brady
04-17-2005, 12:45 AM
I guess that is one way to look at it. Another way is to point out that as part of the Patriots, he was a critical player in winning 3 out of the last 4 Super Bowls and twice won SB MVP.

And believe me, I am taking nothing away from your win in Miami against us this year. You handed us our ***, no excuses. But, if your point is that anyone can lose in today's NFL then I agree.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

As he proved with the above post, the Bills are the greatest ever now they have Jesus P...I mean J.P. Losman. They have no chance at losing to us:shakeno:

ih8brady
04-17-2005, 12:47 AM
Dude, we swept you last year, but guess what, I'd let you beat us twice every year if we got to go on and win the Super Bowl.

I don't think Tom Brady is sweating the Dolphan game from last year. Its pretty much just you guys that still talk about it.

Nobody is immune from losing, again a cellar team beat the champs. If being the favorite(although Buffalo isnt favorite for anything this year) was all that determined games, then why play them?

Losman7
04-17-2005, 12:58 AM
Nobody is immune from losing, again a cellar team beat the champs. If being the favorite(although Buffalo isnt favorite for anything this year) was all that determined games, then why play them?

What are you talking about??

And of course Buffalo isn't a favorite, but aside from the questionmark at QB, we are expected to make the playoffs.

As long as Losman dosen't completely blow it, and we win games with Defense and McGahee we should be a winning team.

ih8brady
04-17-2005, 01:02 AM
"if Losman were 2/3 the QB we'd sweep you every year."

Sounds like you think the Bills get two automatic wins.

Losman7
04-17-2005, 01:10 AM
"if Losman were 2/3 the QB we'd sweep you every year."

Sounds like you think the Bills get two automatic wins.

If Losman can manage the game and not turn the ball over as much as bledsoe we will win 10-12 games next year.

Our D is sick, and PAt Williams leaving won't really be that bad, Ron Edwards is a much better pass rusher from the DT spot, and we could use more pass rush than run stuffing. Having Milloy and Vincent at SAfteys the whole season would mean alot too, they missed a total of like 14 games or something.

And our O should be decent, we lost Jennings but we will address Oline more(w've already added 2 guys) during and after the draft. Our wideouts are more than solid, Mould coming out of the season 100%, and Evans was one of the NFL's best big play recievers in the second half of the season.

And McGahee will be 100% this year, it takes 2 years to come back from knee problems, look at Edge.

A tight end, a tackle, maybe a nickel CB and better than Bledsoe (not hard) play from Losman and we will be in the postseason.

ih8brady
04-17-2005, 01:54 AM
Even if the Bills were as great as you think are or had a team full of allstars(which they're not), they could still lose any game if they are simply outperformed.

Losman7
04-17-2005, 09:30 AM
Even if the Bills were as great as you think are or had a team full of allstars(which they're not), they could still lose any game if they are simply outperformed.

Dude we managed to win 9 games last season with Bledsoe, and McGahee and Evans didn't start seeing the ball til game 5. They each have a year under thier belts, plus our coach won't be a rookie anymore either.

Face the facts, the Bills are gonna be a dominant team in the afc.

Dirtywater
04-17-2005, 01:38 PM
Dude we managed to win 9 games last season with Bledsoe, and McGahee and Evans didn't start seeing the ball til game 5. They each have a year under thier belts, plus our coach won't be a rookie anymore either.

I think that is a bit deceiving. I wouldn't say any team is going to be the dominant team in the AFC East. Plus, you have a rookie QB starting. I realize (Rothlisberger) that doesn't mean you'll be bad either, but that is quite the statement considering how good our division is. I have to disagree.

Losman7
04-17-2005, 02:19 PM
I think that is a bit deceiving. I wouldn't say any team is going to be the dominant team in the AFC East. Plus, you have a rookie QB starting. I realize (Rothlisberger) that doesn't mean you'll be bad either, but that is quite the statement considering how good our division is. I have to disagree.

Dude, our entire division could win ten plus games this year. I doubt Miami will, but 3 of our teams could make the playoffs.

Marino1983
04-18-2005, 10:34 AM
Gee I wonder if you would feel the same way about Losman if the Dolphins would have drafted him last year??
I highly doubt it!

Marino1983

Marino1983
04-18-2005, 10:36 AM

Yeah they sure did show their "dominance" against the steelers 3rd string last game of the season!
:egads:

Marino1983

Marino1983
04-18-2005, 10:38 AM
If Losman can manage the game and not turn the ball over as much as bledsoe we will win 10-12 games next year.

Our D is sick, and PAt Williams leaving won't really be that bad, Ron Edwards is a much better pass rusher from the DT spot, and we could use more pass rush than run stuffing. Having Milloy and Vincent at SAfteys the whole season would mean alot too, they missed a total of like 14 games or something.

And our O should be decent, we lost Jennings but we will address Oline more(w've already added 2 guys) during and after the draft. Our wideouts are more than solid, Mould coming out of the season 100%, and Evans was one of the NFL's best big play recievers in the second half of the season.

And McGahee will be 100% this year, it takes 2 years to come back from knee problems, look at Edge.

A tight end, a tackle, maybe a nickel CB and better than Bledsoe (not hard) play from Losman and we will be in the postseason.
Do you wear those ROSE colored glasses all the time or just when the subject turns to YOUR goats?
:spit:

Marinio1983

Marino1983
04-18-2005, 10:48 AM
Maybe because the Pats were the s-b champions! ya think?
And like your fan base doesn't spend countless hours posting about the goats 2 wins over the Dolphins last season 24/7 on this site.....

Marino1983