PDA

View Full Version : need some help

plc001
10-09-2002, 03:51 PM
I have Brian Griese and Jay Fiedler. Call me sacrilege but I have been starting Griese the whole year. I'm 5-0. But I also have the Miami Defense and Randy McMichael. That's a lot hinging on the play of one team if I start Fiedler. At the same time, my opponent has Chris Chambers. Hmmm....

I also have Ed McCaffrey who must start this week, he's filling in for during a bye.

Should I stay the course and start Griese or play the erratic Jay?

MiaMarino
10-09-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by plc001
I have Brian Griese and Jay Fiedler. Call me sacrilege but I have been starting Griese the whole year. I'm 5-0. But I also have the Miami Defense and Randy McMichael. That's a lot hinging on the play of one team if I start Fiedler. At the same time, my opponent has Chris Chambers. Hmmm....

I also have Ed McCaffrey who must start this week, he's filling in for during a bye.

Should I stay the course and start Griese or play the erratic Jay?

It's a gamble either way. I had Kurt Warner in a ffl league and Jay as the backup. If Ihad started Jay the last 5 weeks, I'd be in first place, even counting the KC debacle. That bum Warner didn't do anything for me. IMHO I'd start Jay just because the way that the offense is designed: for him to throw a lot of high percentage passes. Plus I think Jay can get a score every now and then with his feet as well as his arm. Greise is an ok passer but I don't know that he's as mobile as Jay. Judgement call.

Baz
10-09-2002, 04:01 PM
Go with Jay. He is playing a weaker secondary and has the better OC......

gottahavefootba
10-09-2002, 04:09 PM
I would start Jay... actually I do start Jay.. I had McNabb and traded him away, so now I start Jay, Ricky and McMicheal... btw I also have Holmes, Conway, Price, Hearst, Jimmy Smith and Tim Brown..
Needless to say, I am in first place

akfinfan
10-09-2002, 04:12 PM
I am kinda in the same predicament. Do I go with Jay Fiedler, or Tommy Maddox??

Surferosa
10-09-2002, 04:19 PM
Tough call. I would actually go with Griese just because hes taken you this far. Dont let personal sentiment get in the way of winning your FF league.

plc001
10-09-2002, 04:28 PM
Actually, I just made a bet with a friend that fiedler out performs Griese. I figure, with all that's riding on Fiedler this week, why not. :) But now he is starting for sure. Last week better not have been a fluke. I'll kill him if he has another KC fiasco.

Thanks for all the advice.

breckenridge55
10-12-2002, 01:42 PM
I woukld go with Griese. He has better weapons.