PDA

View Full Version : Haha, Jets waste first round pick!

Sulamar
04-21-2005, 12:48 AM
On Doug Jolley!

In my opinion, they are idiots!

3 year career, 5 touchdowns... hmmm :roflmao:

PhinsPhan
04-21-2005, 12:53 AM
On Doug Jolley!

I wouldnt make fun of them. Just look at who we have drafted in the first round.

But if you want to talk about bigger draft busts you should mention Blair Thomas.

motioncityhifi
04-21-2005, 12:55 AM
Very dumb trade.....

Boik14
04-21-2005, 12:55 AM
They gave a 1st rd pick for Doug Jolley? OMG! :lol: :lol: :lol:

saban_era
04-21-2005, 12:56 AM
they got a 2nd rounder back from the Raiders

FuturePhin
04-21-2005, 12:58 AM
Who is he?????????

fins4o8
04-21-2005, 12:59 AM
Who is he?????????

:yeahthat:

PhinsPhan
04-21-2005, 01:05 AM
I am not sure I understand this trade. So Doug Jolley looks like a throw in. I guess they think he can fill the shoes of Anthony Becht.

a first for a second and two sixths. That doesnt sound smart at all.

GoonBoss
04-21-2005, 01:06 AM
Who is he?????????

Middle of the road tight end........

I get sick everytime I think of how the Raiders just punked the Jets.....That it can't be us doing it to them.

FuturePhin
04-21-2005, 01:08 AM
Middle of the road tight end........

I get sick everytime I think of how the Raiders just punked the Jets.....That it can't be us doing it to them.

WOW...They gave up a first for a TE!!! I would of traded Randy for a first!

PhinsPhan
04-21-2005, 01:29 AM
WOW...They gave up a first for a TE!!! I would of traded Randy for a first!

They did get a 2nd and two 6th in return.

zephon
04-21-2005, 01:29 AM
Raiders got the 1st for Jolley AND the one of the Raiders 2nd round picks believed to be the 38th overall (of course it could be the 47th instead).

HysterikiLL
04-21-2005, 01:35 AM
They only lost about a dozen spots in acquiring a 2nd round pick. They weren't sold on Heath Miller and will now draft "the other" Alex Smith. Simple.

JAREDMANN
04-21-2005, 01:38 AM
Jolly could be alright better then anyone who will fall to them heath wont make it that far and they move down like 10 spots

Cheapshotz
04-21-2005, 01:41 AM
The Jets got HOSED. They didn't get the 38th pick they got the 47th.

Raiders get 26th pick
Jets get Jolley, 47th and two 6th rounders

Jets aren't going anywhere this year. I guess they plan on filling Major needs with two 2nd rounders.

zephon
04-21-2005, 01:47 AM
I personally hope that Jolley fails badly and the Jets have a terrible draft. I really do. I hate no team more than the Jets! There is not even a close 2nd.

But, Jolley IS a good receiving te. Jaredmann is right. This is a VERY weak draft for TEs and Miller is no exception. Heath is simply rated the best of the bunch...and they are nothing special. Jolley is an immediate starter for them and is certainly an upgrade for the Jets....although that's not hard to do.

I think it was a good trade for the Raiders because they have depth at TE. Oakland comes out ahead but not by a lot.....it's fairly even....there was also more to the trade I just read about...Jets get the Raiders 2 6th round picks and Oakland get the Jets 7th.

bakedmatt
04-21-2005, 02:05 AM
They only lost about a dozen spots in acquiring a 2nd round pick. They weren't sold on Heath Miller and will now draft "the other" Alex Smith. Simple.

so they acquired a TE in Doug Jolley, and then they're going to draft Alex Smith? oh... Jets fans will LOVE that.

nyjunc
04-21-2005, 06:43 AM
The Jets got HOSED. They didn't get the 38th pick they got the 47th.

Raiders get 26th pick
Jets get Jolley, 47th and two 6th rounders

Jets aren't going anywhere this year. I guess they plan on filling Major needs with two 2nd rounders.

Jets aren't going anywhere this year? Why is that? We will be better than last year as long as Chad is healthy and Jolley makes our pass O that much better. Jolley was a highly though of player 2 years ago in ak but fell out of favor. yes we gave up a little too much but in essence we move back 20 slots and get an NFL ready player who will flourish in Heimerdinger's offense. It's a bit of a risk but it could have a high reward. i'll bet Jolley catches 50+ balls this year.

FIN-IN-RI
04-21-2005, 11:50 AM
Jets aren't going anywhere this year? Why is that? We will be better than last year as long as Chad is healthy and Jolley makes our pass O that much better. Jolley was a highly though of player 2 years ago in ak but fell out of favor. yes we gave up a little too much but in essence we move back 20 slots and get an NFL ready player who will flourish in Heimerdinger's offense. It's a bit of a risk but it could have a high reward. i'll bet Jolley catches 50+ balls this year.

:lolcry:

:laughat: the jet planes

:roflmao: :roflmao: :laughat: Doug Jolley

FIN-IN-RI
04-21-2005, 11:51 AM
oh i forgot

:laughat: Healthy penington

Fiedler :spit: :roflmao:

:cooldude:

nyrican
04-21-2005, 11:51 AM

bingo well said Jolley is not a bad move... he will fit in fine with dingers o...
i have a funny feeling that the Jets are not done yet... something tells me that Abe is next..... we shall see on Saturday........ and to the fool that stated the Jets are not going any where this year maron !!!!

FIN-IN-RI
04-21-2005, 11:52 AM
bingo well said Jolley is not a bad move... he will fit in fine with dingers o...
i have a funny feeling that the Jets are not done yet... something tells me that Abe is next..... we shall see on Saturday........ and to the fool that stated the Jets are not going any where this year maron !!!!

:lol:

Keep ratioalizing a horrid move, it will keep you sane. :rolleyes: :cool:

GreenMachine
04-21-2005, 12:26 PM
This critique from a team that gave up a 2nd round pick for AJ and a 3rd round pick for Lamar Gordon!!!!!
Take a look at the past 10 years of the draft and you will see the pick you can get at 26 is not much different than 47...

26 Cincinnati Chris Perry RB Michigan
47 Chicago Terry Johnson NT Washington

26 San Francisco Kwame Harris T Stanford
47 Kansas City Kawika Mitchell MLB South Florida

26 Philadelphia Lito Sheppard CB Florida
47 Cleveland Andre' Davis WR Virginia Tech

26 Miami Jamar Fletcher CB Wisconsin
47 San Francisco Jamie Winborn ILB Vanderbilt

26 Buffalo Erik Flowers DE Arizona State
47 Oakland Jerry Porter WR West Virginia

26 Jacksonville Fernando Bryant CB Alabama
47 Green Bay Fred Vinson CB Vanderbilt

26 Pittsburgh Alan Faneca G Louisiana State
47 Seattle Todd Weiner T Kansas State

26 San Francisco Jim Druckenmiller QB Virginia Tech
47 Kansas City Kevin Lockett WR Kansas State

26 Baltimore Ray Lewis ILB Miami
47 Seattle Fred Thomas CB Tennessee-Martin

26 Atlanta Devin Bush FS Florida State
47 Arizona Frank Sanders WR Auburn
74 New England Curtis Martin RB Pittsburgh

nyjunc
04-21-2005, 03:15 PM
This critique from a team that gave up a 2nd round pick for AJ and a 3rd round pick for Lamar Gordon!!!!!

Exactly!! :roflmao: :lol: :lol: :roflmao:

FIN-IN-RI
04-21-2005, 04:35 PM

:crazy:

You jet plane fans don't use your brain often. Did you forget that quickly that the phins have an entire new coaching staff who wouldn't trade their number one pick for a :lol: tight end(5 career TDs:spit: ) or a round 2 pick for a backup QB. :cooldude:

The jet planes can still look forward to bonehead deals like this in the future! Their staff isn't going anywhere anytime soon! :lol:

Jt0323
04-21-2005, 04:46 PM
this is the worst trade...Jolly could of been traded to the jets for a 4th round or 3rd but he is not worth 1st

nyjunc
04-21-2005, 06:17 PM
You jet plane fans don't use your brain often. Did you forget that quickly that the phins have an entire new coaching staff who wouldn't trade their number one pick for a tight end(5 career TDs ) or a round 2 pick for a backup QB

The pick is almost a 2nd rounder and in a very weak 1st rd it was wise to move down and they only moved about 20 spots and picked up an NFL ready TE, a TE who will absolutely flourish in Mike Heimerdinger's offense. The Jets passing offense just got alot better w/ Chad pennington throwing to Coles, McCareins and Jolley and our new OC. teams will have to respect our passing game once gain(which they did not have to last year after Chad got hurt and w/ hackett as our OC) which should open things up for the ground game and our future HOF RB. Add this to one of the best D's in the league and the Jets are better than a year ago and a legit AFC contender.

ih8brady
04-21-2005, 09:13 PM

Comparing Saban to our old coaching staff is like comparing modern France and the Vichy regime.

FIN-IN-RI
04-21-2005, 10:03 PM
The pick is almost a 2nd rounder and in a very weak 1st rd it was wise to move down and they only moved about 20 spots and picked up an NFL ready TE, a TE who will absolutely flourish in Mike Heimerdinger's offense. The Jets passing offense just got alot better w/ Chad pennington throwing to Coles, McCareins and Jolley and our new OC. teams will have to respect our passing game once gain(which they did not have to last year after Chad got hurt and w/ hackett as our OC) which should open things up for the ground game and our future HOF RB. Add this to one of the best D's in the league and the Jets are better than a year ago and a legit AFC contender.

:crazy:

Whatever makes you sleep at night!

FaninPatsyLand
04-21-2005, 11:17 PM
The Jets passing offense just got alot better w/

With what Mr. Junk?? With Jay Fiedler at the helm (Pennington IS going to get hurt) throwing down the field to Doug Jolley. :lol:

It was a terrible move, don't even try to justify it. Just admit it...

patsdynasty
04-22-2005, 02:34 AM
wow :roflmao: comparing the pats front office( top in league) to the jets office is like comparing a cut of kobe beef to a sirloin at bonanza

jets org is still in mourning over bill b leaving them afte r1 day on the job in ny
:roflmao:

nyjunc
04-22-2005, 04:56 AM
Comparing Saban to our old coaching staff is like comparing modern France and the Vichy regime.

Saban hasn't coached a down in the NFL you have no idea if he'll be able to be a good NFL coahc. 'Skins fans were excited when they got a better college coach in Spurrier a few years ago, how did that work out?

It was a terrible move, don't even try to justify it. Just admit it...

it's not a terrible move at all. basically we swapped 20 positions and instead of getting a 3rd rd pick back we got Jolley who has as much potential as any TE in the draft and already has played at this level. I gyarantee you he catches at least 50 balls next year and provides Chad w/a weapon at TE for the first time in his career.

Whatever makes you sleep at night!

It's not quite like acquring AJ Feely or Lamar Gordon, thos moves really put you over the top. W/ them you would ahve been 2-14 instead of 4-12 :lol:

nyjunc
04-22-2005, 04:58 AM
wow :roflmao: comparing the pats front office( top in league) to the jets office is like comparing a cut of kobe beef to a sirloin at bonanza

jets org is still in mourning over bill b leaving them afte r1 day on the job in ny

Nobody comapres to NE's FO but ours is one of the better ons in the league and no we are not in mourning over BB leaving. he weaseled out of here like the smake he is, he wouldn't have been tough enough to handle NY. The pressure of replacing BP would have been too much and he was wise enough to realize it not to mention he saw the cap mess BP was leaving him. We would have seen cleveland Bellichick here.

FIN-IN-RI
04-22-2005, 09:36 AM

you have to excuse nyjuck.

nyjunc
04-22-2005, 10:22 AM

you have to excuse nyjuck.

You were funny the first time you made fun of my screen name but the last few attempts have been very weak showing what a fluke the first attempt was.

BwanaZulia
04-22-2005, 12:29 PM
It is certainly not as good as trading a 2nd round pick for a 3rd string QB. Now THAT was some good trading.

We got a starting TE with good hands, low cost and for a pick where we saw nothing of value. We also got another pick in the second and two more in the 6th.

BZ

FIN-IN-RI
04-22-2005, 01:25 PM
You were funny the first time you made fun of my screen name but the last few attempts have been very weak showing what a fluke the first attempt was.

Just so you know, IT WONT STOP.

FaninPatsyLand
04-22-2005, 01:44 PM

You are a Yankee, Jets and Tar Heels fan. It's an appropriate name. :lol:

FIN-IN-RI
04-22-2005, 02:30 PM
You are a Yankee, Jets and Tar Heels fan. It's an appropriate name. :lol:

In-deed, and I'm being nice by not even trying!

nyjunc
04-22-2005, 03:08 PM
Just so you know, IT WONT STOP.

That's fine w/ me, you only make yourself look bad w/ the bad jokes. You should have quit after the 1st one.

In-deed, and I'm being nice by not even trying!

I hope you aren't trying w/ the pathetic attempts of late. I encourage you to try, I like to laugh and don't take offense- I just want it to be funny.

ih8brady
04-22-2005, 06:16 PM
Saban hasn't coached a down in the NFL you have no idea if he'll be able to be a good NFL coahc. 'Skins fans were excited when they got a better college coach in Spurrier a few years ago, how did that work out?

:o Dave Wannestatd might be a good DC or college HC but he stunk in the NFL. I'm sure if we draft Edwards and cut Thompson, you'll say it's not an upgrade because he hasnt proven himself yet. :shakeno:

nyjunc
04-22-2005, 06:31 PM
:o Dave Wannestatd might be a good DC or college HC but he stunk in the NFL. I'm sure if we draft Edwards and cut Thompson, you'll say it's not an upgrade because he hasnt proven himself yet. :shakeno:

Saban might be an upgrade but that is yet to be determined. Spurrier was supposed to be a big time coach too and that didnt' work out, dolphin fans are couting on Saban to be some sort of savior and while I think he'll be a good coach I think your hopes are a little too high. You guys think it was all coaching why you were horrible last year and it was not, you aren't that talented so until you seriosuly upgrade the talent yuo won't be as good as you think you'll be regradless of who the coach is.

FIN-IN-RI
04-22-2005, 06:41 PM
That's fine w/ me, you only make yourself look bad w/ the bad jokes. You should have quit after the 1st one.

I hope you aren't trying w/ the pathetic attempts of late. I encourage you to try, I like to laugh and don't take offense- I just want it to be funny.

Oh ok Mr. junkman, just so you know, I'm not here to humor you either. ;)

I think the problem we have here, junkhead, is that you think I'm trying to be funny - telling jokes - but I'm not (telling jokes) - at least, it's not my goal. Capisce?

NJFINSFAN1
04-22-2005, 09:37 PM
And reports are he was going to be cut June 1st!!!
And they thought Dyson was coming to them!

Bradway should be fired! But I think they should keep him!

nyjunc
04-23-2005, 07:52 AM
Oh ok Mr. junkman, just so you know, I'm not here to humor you either. ;)

I think the problem we have here, junkhead, is that you think I'm trying to be funny - telling jokes - but I'm not (telling jokes) - at least, it's not my goal. Capisce?

That sounds like your problem, you should have let people know you were trying to be funny then you wouldn't look so bad.

And reports are he was going to be cut June 1st!!!
And they thought Dyson was coming to them!

Bradway should be fired! But I think they should keep him!

Are you saying Oak was going to cut Jolley? I doubt that and I never heard that. As for Bradway, he is one of the gam's best GMs and has done an excellent job since being hired after the '00 season as he took over an older team w/ a huge cap problem and has kept us as one of the better teams in the AFC since he's been here(w/ the exception of '03).

BwanaZulia
04-23-2005, 08:16 AM
Laugh it up now PhinFans... Just hours away from the Dolphins pick. :)

BZ

FIN-IN-RI
04-23-2005, 08:46 AM
That sounds like your problem, you should have let people know you were trying to be funny then you wouldn't look so bad.

Are you that thick? :lol: Look bad? :lol: Do I give a ****? NO!

nyjunc
04-23-2005, 09:34 AM
Are you that thick? :lol: Look bad? :lol: Do I give a ****? NO!

That's ok it doesn't bother me. If you want to keeping looking foolish keep it up. You make yourself look bad, not me so i could care less what you do.

footballer
04-23-2005, 09:36 AM
On Doug Jolley!

aHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........hey if jolley is worth a first, can u imagine what we could get for mcmike? dumb dumb jets

FIN-IN-RI
04-23-2005, 09:37 AM
If you want to keeping looking foolish keep it up. You make yourself look bad, not me so i could care less what you do.

Oh OK, junkie.. thanks for clarifying.. :spit:

nyjunc
04-23-2005, 09:41 AM
Oh OK, junkie.. thanks for clarifying.. :spit:

you just show the class of the NE area fan.

aHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........hey if jolley is worth a first, can u imagine what we could get for mcmike? dumb dumb jets

Again, you guys were 4-12 and gave up a #2 for a 3rd string QB and a #3 for a 3rd string RB. What is it yuo were laughing at again? :lol:

FIN-IN-RI
04-23-2005, 09:42 AM

Look no further than nyjunckhead to direct your laughter. :lol:

FIN-IN-RI
04-23-2005, 09:42 AM
Again, you guys were 4-12

:lol: I mean, it's old now. Really. At least come a little harder than that

BwanaZulia
04-23-2005, 09:49 AM
:lol: I mean, it's old now. Really. At least come a little harder than that

THAT is old?

Not sure that holds much weight from a bunch of fans who talk about 1972 like it was last year. :)

How about this, we won't mention the worst year ever in the history of the Dolphins franchise (BTW, last year, in case you forgot) if you don't mention anything prior to 1990. :)

Fair?

BZ

FIN-IN-RI
04-23-2005, 09:54 AM
THAT is old?

Not sure that holds much weight from a bunch of fans who talk about 1972 like it was last year. :)

How about this, we won't mention the worst year ever in the history of the Dolphins franchise (BTW, last year, in case you forgot) if you don't mention anything prior to 1990. :)

Fair?

BZ

And you should talk? Come on now.....I could see if you were a Bills fan. At least a Bills fan could say they've actually made it to the superbowl within the past 15 years. Don't hate because we are pround of an undefeated season and back to back super bowls wins.

EDIT:

And just to point out that I don't brag about the phins history even though I am proud of it, it doesn't make up for the drought but it will be so sweet when they come out on top, and they will.

nyjunc
04-23-2005, 09:57 AM
Look no further than nyjunckhead to direct your laughter. :lol:

you are on quite a roll :rolleyes:

And you should talk? Come on now.....I could see if you were a Bills fan. At least a Bills fan could say they've actually made it to the superbowl within the past 15 years. Don't hate because we are pround of an undefeated season and back to back super bowls wins.

yeah b/c 1972 means alot today, remember fro as "great" as you think he dolphins ahve been you only have 1 more Championship and your last was over 30 years ago. All I know is we have dominated you guys since 1998(11-3) and we have not been humiliated like you guys were annually in the years you actually made the playoffs.

FIN-IN-RI
04-23-2005, 10:00 AM
you are on quite a roll :rolleyes:

yeah b/c 1972 means alot today, remember fro as "great" as you think he dolphins ahve been.

:confused: English juck.. ENGLISH :lol:

BwanaZulia
04-23-2005, 10:05 AM

I should talk because I don't talk about SB III very often.

And just to point out that I don't brag about the phins history even though I am proud of it, it doesn't make up for the drought but it will be so sweet when they come out on top, and they will.

I agree that the Dolphins will come out of the pits, eventually. Not sure it is going to be this year realistically though. Too much up in the air and nothing solid to lean on.

If you pick up a solid QB this year, rebuild the offensive line and put some youth into your defense, well, things could be better in a year or two.

BZ

FIN-IN-RI
04-23-2005, 10:14 AM
I should talk because I don't talk about SB III very often.

Neither do I. I am proud of the phins early history but it's nausting to see fans use it for bragging rights. The present and the future is what I'm concerned about.

I agree that the Dolphins will come out of the pits, eventually. Not sure it is going to be this year realistically though. Too much up in the air and nothing solid to lean on.

If you pick up a solid QB this year, rebuild the offensive line and put some youth into your defense, well, things could be better in a year or two.

BZ

Believe me, BZ, I'm not one of those fans who think the phins are headed for the Bowl in the next year or 2 or 3. I'll just say, it will happen one day and hopefully soon. I'm patient. :)

BleedinGreenNC
04-23-2005, 04:37 PM
Neither do I. I am proud of the phins early history but it's nausting to see fans use it for bragging rights. The present and the future is what I'm concerned about.

Believe me, BZ, I'm not one of those fans who think the phins are headed for the Bowl in the next year or 2 or 3. I'll just say, it will happen one day and hopefully soon. I'm patient. :) I think that the fins will be a greatly improved team from last year. The present is exactly what every team should be looking at. I just think its funny when the fins fans crack on us on how long ago our team won the SB, but then my question to them is, when is the last time your team won the SB? But i am glad that my team has at least won one SB.

spydertl79
04-26-2005, 02:03 PM
I wouldnt trust the Jets to pick in the 1st round anyway. ken o'Brien ROFL

BwanaZulia
04-27-2005, 07:50 AM
I wouldnt trust the Jets to pick in the 1st round anyway. ken o'Brien ROFL

Yeah.. Jon Vilma.. har-de-har-har..

Oh wait.. he was part of the reason we destroyed you last year.

Oops.. my mistake.

:)

BZ

BleedinGreenNC
04-30-2005, 03:34 PM
Yeah.. Jon Vilma.. har-de-har-har..

Oh wait.. he was part of the reason we destroyed you last year.

Oops.. my mistake.

:)

BZWe filled our needs, plain and simple!