PDA

View Full Version : Pat's fans beating up old lady?

caneaddict
05-01-2005, 04:23 PM
In a previous thread, a few people metioned that following a 2003 game 2 Pat's fans beat up a school teacher Fins fan. They left her with 2 broken legs in the snow. Luckily someone found her.

Well it seems like the type of story that would have made big news. I've just done a google search for every combination of words I thought could bring something up ... nada. Nothing. There wasn't a single article about it. Does anyone have a link to something about this?

Is it possible that this is just an urban legend? I find it hard to believe.

Prime
05-01-2005, 04:34 PM
It was big news at the time. But it has been over a year since that happened and things like that will die down after a few weeks.

Nappy Roots
05-01-2005, 04:35 PM
It was big news at the time. But it has been over a year since that happened and things like that will die down after a few weeks.

it would still be on the internet

byroan
05-01-2005, 04:37 PM
I never heard about it either but it should be on the internet somewhere.

Agua
05-01-2005, 04:37 PM
Was this at a victory celebration or something? If so, seems like I read about it in the Boston Globe.

BBsuck
05-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Look for it under the title" Dolphin fans tea bag pats fans worldwide after little old lady fin fan gets knocked down in snow!!" A miami fan would of have to stuck up for her somewhere?? dont ya think??:fire:

FireInTheNole
05-01-2005, 04:51 PM
First time I've ever heard of the story

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

NYinBostonFin
05-01-2005, 04:51 PM
I never heard about it and I lived here for about 2 years.

I did hear about 2 guys beating up a 40 yr old woman Dolphin fan after the snow fireworks game. Supposedly they thought she was a man. I was made fun of that whole week at work.

Phinzone
05-01-2005, 04:54 PM
In a previous thread, a few people metioned that following a 2003 game 2 Pat's fans beat up a school teacher Fins fan. They left her with 2 broken legs in the snow. Luckily someone found her.

Well it seems like the type of story that would have made big news. I've just done a google search for every combination of words I thought could bring something up ... nada. Nothing. There wasn't a single article about it. Does anyone have a link to something about this?

Is it possible that this is just an urban legend? I find it hard to believe.

From what I remember....

There was a 50 or so year old retired school teacher. Her husband had been a huge Miami fan so they attended games all the time in Florida. Then he passed away, and she moved up to pats territory. So when the dolphins came to town, she went to cheer them on. She was wearing a dolphins coat, and two drunk guys pushed her up against a wall and punched her a few times bruising or breaking a few ribs.

kasaba13
05-01-2005, 05:16 PM
I live in NE and know it was true. I remember watching the story on channel 7 news in Boston. The strange thing is that the story was big then it disappeared from the face of the earth. At the time, they interviewed the woman and she was beat up pretty bad. Any negative story about the Patsies always seems to disappear immediately. I contend that Kraft has a PR machine that just makes stories like this go away so he can pretend that they have perfect fans and a perfect organization.

painnotpleasure
05-01-2005, 05:19 PM
This is the first time I've heard of this story. That's really messed up. I'M MAD :fire: :fire: :fire:

caneaddict
05-01-2005, 05:27 PM
Still amazed that there isn't a single story archived on line somewhere.

JTBRLZ
05-01-2005, 05:28 PM
I remember watching the News thing about it on the internet.

FaninPatsyLand
05-01-2005, 05:35 PM
Yeah it was definitely true, I was at the game when it happened.

It was all over the news around here for a couple of days. The beat her because she was sporting some Dolphins gear.

Not that this is right, but in defense of Patriot fans it wasn't completely clear that she was a woman, I needed to look twice to realize it, so I can imagine it being even harder with all the snow gear she was wearing. Also, she was talking s*it as well. I mean, if people think you are a guy talking s*it sporting Dolphins gear up here, you are just asking for it..

Again, not that ANY of this is right, but it when all the evidence is lined up, this situation doesn't make Patriot fans look as bad as one might think it would. And this is coming from someone who thinks a majority of Patriot fans are scumbags...

The Confessor
05-01-2005, 05:38 PM

It was all over the news around here for a couple of days. The beat her because she was sporting some Dolphins gear.

Not that this is right, but in defense of Patriot fans it wasn't completely clear that she was a woman, I needed to look twice to realize it, so I can imagine it being even harder with all the snow gear she was wearing. Also, she was talking s*it as well. I mean, if people think you are a guy talking s*it sporting Dolphins gear up here, you are just asking for it..

Again, not that ANY of this is right, but it when all the evidence is lined up, this situation doesn't make Patriot fans look as bad as one might think it would. And this is coming from someone who thinks a majority of Patriot fans are scumbags...

Pats fan doesnt need any excuses to look bad. Dudes probably knew it was a woman, just finally found somebody besides little brothers they could take. Good think there was two of them, story might have read:
"Pats fan beaten to within inches of his life by retired female school teacher."

FinsForLife007
05-01-2005, 05:41 PM
This is the first time I've heard of this story. That's really messed up. I'M MAD :fire: :fire: :fire:

Yep. It's terrible. I don't know how people can be so stupid. Oh, well... I guess that's what beer does to you.:shakeno: I'm all for bringing back the "Prohibition Act."

FaninPatsyLand
05-01-2005, 05:41 PM
Pats fan doesnt need any excuses to look bad. Dudes probably knew it was a woman, just finally found somebody besides little brothers they could take. Good think there was two of them, story might have read:
"Pats fan beaten to within inches of his life by retired female school teacher."

:lolcry: Great stuff..

Phinzone
05-01-2005, 05:52 PM
yeah, sports fans can be idiots at times. There was a highly skilled surgeon who had his career ruined after dolphins fans broke his hands rendering them useless. Hate the pats, but this isn't only done by their fans.

Phinz4Life
05-01-2005, 05:57 PM
Yep. It's terrible. I don't know how people can be so stupid. Oh, well... I guess that's what beer does to you.:shakeno: I'm all for bringing back the "Prohibition Act."

:roflmao: Hellll no.

upstart
05-01-2005, 06:35 PM
You can't find it because it NEVER happend.The old bag lady made up the
story.The State Police and the Pats checked it out and she was not even
at the game.She was trying to run a scam on the Pats (a true fin fan :lol: )
The Patirots did not press charges on her because she was a nut under
medical care

pats4life
05-01-2005, 06:55 PM
medical care

Sounds about right for a fin fan! A little mental :roflmao:

The Confessor
05-01-2005, 06:58 PM
medical care

You have a link to this, or is the cold just affecting your brain again? Oh and by the way, dont you have a sandbox of your own to play in?http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Omaha_Dolfan
05-01-2005, 07:15 PM
Still you think you would be able to find something about it somewhere.

Jimi
05-01-2005, 07:39 PM

Dont attend to many high school parties?

kasaba13
05-01-2005, 09:29 PM
medical care

I was at a Fins-Pats game 2 years ago when my friend got punched in the face from the blind side by someone who then ran away. Oh, I am sure that never happened either. Give me a break! The Pats covered up the story and you know it.

kizzaboo
05-01-2005, 09:31 PM
:lolcry: Great stuff..

Your moms great stuff:) :cooldude:

FaninPatsyLand
05-01-2005, 09:33 PM
Your moms great stuff:) :cooldude:

What?? Did I hear a cracking voice of a punk 16 year old?? Keep talking s*it.

What the h*ll is your problem?

kizzaboo
05-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Dont attend to many high school parties?

:roflmao: :roflmao:

kizzaboo
05-01-2005, 09:40 PM
What?? Did I hear a cracking voice of a punk 16 year old?? Keep talking s*it and someone will make sure you have a very short puberty.

What the h*ll is your problem?

I was only messing arounda and I was hoping it would get you riled up.:) It worked.:wink:

Damn you caught me, I guess you would know if I actually talk sh*t in real life or not.. not to mention or your wierd notion of me and puberty.:shakeno: :rolleyes:

Mellow....

ESPN not talking about the Pats enough?

FIN-IN-RI
05-01-2005, 09:42 PM
I was only messing arounda and I was hoping it would get you riled up.:) It worked.:wink:

Damn you caught me, I guess you would know if I actually talk sh*t in real life or not.. not to mention or your wierd notion of me and puberty.:shakeno: :rolleyes:

Mellow....

Dude....

He's not a pats fan, relax.

byroan
05-01-2005, 09:42 PM

Mellow....

Common sense and logic would tell you he's a DOLPHINS fan.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=1188712&postcount=59

FaninPatsyLand
05-01-2005, 09:43 PM

You think I'm a Patriots fan?? :lol:

Why don't you go back and re-read my original post. :shakeno:

kizzaboo
05-01-2005, 09:43 PM
You are correct, couldnt tell for a sec:)

Dolphann4life
05-01-2005, 09:48 PM
me and a couple buddies love to stomp patriots fans. i got something for them when they come down....always do.

FaninPatsyLand
05-01-2005, 09:54 PM
Common sense and logic would tell you he's a DOLPHINS fan.

Thanks man, apparently I didn't realize that the obvious needed to be pointed out to this guy..:shakeno:

brech10
05-01-2005, 10:19 PM
I'm not calling anybody a liar...but I'm really interesting in seeing any kind of a link on this. Either way....

Crazy mental case plotting against the Patriots or Innocent school teacher beaten by rabid fans, this story would be on the Internet if it happened.

Section126
05-01-2005, 10:20 PM
Those Patriot fans that assaulted that lady and attempted to give her frost bite (when they beat her and left her for dead) or possibly amputated legs for fun......should be thrown in jail for the rest of their lives and if they can't make out who it was...I say....throw the whole section in that stadium of where it occured in jail and whoever cracks...you let them off with 5 years in jail...the rest of the section gets 15 years...and the perps get the electric chair.

There....I feel better.

patsdynasty
05-01-2005, 10:40 PM
as don shula correctly pointed out , this story was a hoax made up by the lady trying to get attention and big $$$$ from the org.

but what was real and really funny was when they were rolling the credits at the snow game and they showed that fin fan getting pelted by a big snowball..... not sure if anyone on here was still tuned in to see that but that was funny.....

:roflmao:

Win Fin Fin
05-01-2005, 10:54 PM
I remember seeing a news story about this on the internet when it happened year before last; if you want to find the link check their local news stations archives, I cannot remember which channel it was. The lady didn't have any broken legs or broken ribs or anything like that; just some heavy bruising to the torso area. (not that it was OK to give her bruises, just saying what I saw) It may be true that the lady turned out to be lying, but I never saw anything like that. I DID see the news clip where it interviewed her and she talked about getting her arse kicked, she didn't look 50 though, more like mid 30's.

I actually went to that game, it was the snow bowl where they where throwing all that snow in the air. I remember it snowed ALL FREAKIN WEEKEND (seriously, it was snowing when my plane landed on Friday night right up until kickoff on Sunday) and it was cold as "heck", especially for a Florida boy like myself. I bought an orange #34 jersey (jersey has since been burned) just so I would stick out like a sore thumb and everyone who saw me would know they were looking at a DOLPHAN! I had a few knuckle heads talk some s**t, but nothing too bad. I think it helped that I am 6'3 and about 200 pounds, although with the ten layers of clothes I had on I probably looked like 250. I saw some smaller Dolphans that looked like they had gotten pelted with some snow balls, but I didn't see any fights. Except for the guy I went to the game there were pats fans all around me, they were all pretty cool once we started talking during the game. They were actually defending me when some idiots from a few rows back were talking trash.

All in all there were cool fans up there, definately some louds mouths and what not, but as a whole they were alright.

Jimi
05-01-2005, 11:06 PM
as don shula correctly pointed out , this story was a hoax made up by the lady trying to get attention and big $$$$ from the org.

but what was real and really funny was when they were rolling the credits at the snow game and they showed that fin fan getting pelted by a big snowball..... not sure if anyone on here was still tuned in to see that but that was funny.....

Would it be funny if i smacked a pats fan across the face for some stupid credits?

The Confessor
05-01-2005, 11:41 PM
Would it be funny if i smacked a pats fan across the face for some stupid credits?

I say we take a vote:

I say YES it would be funny if Jimi smacked some patsy fan across the face for some stupid credits

patsdynasty
05-01-2005, 11:44 PM
my vote is a NO :fire:

:shakeno:

Pericles349
05-01-2005, 11:49 PM
News to me...

Dbergan
05-01-2005, 11:59 PM
Kind of interesting. My job takes me stateside regularly and I have seen many Pats-Phins games in local sports bars throughout New England. Aside from the occasion idiot (which every city has) I have found the Pats fans to be a fun group. Most of the time I am the lone Phinfan surrounded by Pats fans and we egg each other on...but always in a fun way. This has been repeated, in many cities. In fact, I can't count the number of beers that I have been given by Pats fans over the years based on a bet or just good sportmanship....so I guess I am a minority in this thread. :wink:

CCMiamiDolphins
05-02-2005, 12:18 AM
Talking about getting hit in the head with snow balls, do you guys remember when Fiedler got hit in the head with one?

Nappy Roots
05-02-2005, 03:43 AM
You have a link to this, or is the cold just affecting your brain again? Oh and by the way, dont you have a sandbox of your own to play in?http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

do you have a link to say it actually happend? thought not.....

Justasportsfan
05-02-2005, 07:32 AM
It was all a lie. I did see Fiedler take a yellow snowball to the head in that game though :D.

ih8brady
05-02-2005, 08:23 AM
It was all a lie.

Wait.....what's this?
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4154/is_200312/ai_n12377223

In her fifth grade class at Malden's Salemwood Elementary school, teacher Phyllis Weldon preaches constantly about tolerance, diversity and accepting others' cultures and points of view.

She grew up a Miami Dolphins fan, lucky enough to see lots of games and meet some of the greats, including quarterback Dan Marino. And when she finally made it to Gillette Stadium on Sunday - not until the third quarter of the traffic-snarled snow bowl - she said she saw "at least 300" fans wearing exactly what she wore: a green and black Miami Dolphins jacket.

For all those reasons "it just never dawned on me," Weldon, 42, said yesterday in a pained and sometimes gasping voice, "that wearing that jacket was taking my life in my hands."

Dbergan
05-02-2005, 08:26 AM
Wait.....what's this?
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4154/is_200312/ai_n12377223

OMG..OMG...Justa... just got OWNED!!!!! :roflmao:

ih8brady
05-02-2005, 08:28 AM
OMG..OMG...Justa... just got OWNED!!!!! :roflmao:

I knew it wasnt a lie because I recall seeing it in several Boston newspapers.

Justasportsfan
05-02-2005, 08:54 AM
OMG..OMG...Justa... just got OWNED!!!!! :roflmao:You wish. Don't be stupid. http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=28446&highlight=Phyllis+Weldon

I did blast the incident. However, there were reports refuting her "claims". (can't find it) In the end, there were no arrests or law suits. It supposedly happened in front of a crowd and yet there were no witnesses? Not a single finfan or either came to her aid?

Dbergan
05-02-2005, 09:07 AM
You wish. Don't be stupid. http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=28446&highlight=Phyllis+Weldon

I did blast the incident. However, there were reports refuting her "claims". (can't find it) In the end, there were no arrests or law suits. It supposedly happened in front of a crowd and yet there were no witnesses? Not a single finfan or either came to her aid?

LOL....fair enough.

Still funny as Sh!t though that the article was posted by ih8Brady right after you said that. I was laughing for an hour regardless...murphys law, ya know?

bigmiamifan
05-02-2005, 10:49 AM

Wow, that's the most ignorant thing I've read this week. I'm sorry, but most fans don't beat up fans of other teams unless they as individuals are *******S. I've been to many UM games with fans from the other team, we'd jaw back and forth but would never beat them up. That's just asinine.

You guys sound like Philly fans, makes sense I guess you're above Philly and near NY.

Rammy
05-02-2005, 11:48 AM
I was at the aformentioned "Snow Bowl" and even though I am a Phin fan, it was an awesome game. We definely had our chnces, Ricky ran pretty well, our defense played awesome (as usual), and we certainly gave them the game, fumbling inside our 20 off the kickoff for 3 points and then our buddy Fiedler throwing the pick to Bruschi for 6. The snow going up in the air looked a lot better on tv than live maybe because what goes up, comes down the back of your neck and like someone said, it was very cold. I have been to many Pats/Phins games in NE because I am from Maine and I always wear as much orange and teal as I can find. Whenver someone gives me crap and just bark back at them that at least we didn't draft Tony Eason. They usually laugh, tell me I am right, and then offer me a beer!

FaninPatsyLand
05-02-2005, 12:15 PM
Wow, that's the most ignorant thing I've read this week. I'm sorry, but most fans don't beat up fans of other teams unless they as individuals are *******S. I've been to many UM games with fans from the other team, we'd jaw back and forth but would never beat them up. That's just asinine.

You guys sound like Philly fans, makes sense I guess you're above Philly and near NY.

What the ****. Do you think I'm a Patriot fan too?? :shakeno:

Go back an re-read my original post, I mention in it several times that it is not right and how I am not making excuses for Patriot fans. But it isn't like they just found a girl who was minding her own business wearing Dolphins gear and decided to pound on her. I'm just offering my opinion as to why it happened. If you don't believe it then that's fine, but don't attack someone else for their own opinion.

Generalize much? Way to lump all Northeast football fans together, that was real intelligent.

byroan
05-02-2005, 01:09 PM
What the ****. Do you think I'm a Patriot fan too?? :shakeno:

Go back an re-read my original post, I mention in it several times that it is not right and how I am not making excuses for Patriot fans. But it isn't like they just found a girl who was minding her own business wearing Dolphins gear and decided to pound on her. I'm just offering my opinion as to why it happened. If you don't believe it then that's fine, but don't attack someone else for their own opinion.

Generalize much? Way to lump all Northeast football fans together, that was real intelligent.

:roflmao: You need like a disclaimer in your sig saying you're a Dolphins fan.

FaninPatsyLand
05-02-2005, 02:50 PM
:roflmao: You need like a disclaimer in your sig saying you're a Dolphins fan.

:lol:

Yeah really, this is getting ridiculous..

Dirtywater
05-02-2005, 02:54 PM
:lol:

Yeah really, this is getting ridiculous..

Here is your solution... you should change your name to "FinFanInPatsyLand"

FaninPatsyLand
05-02-2005, 02:59 PM
Here is your solution... you should change your name to "FinFanInPatsyLand"

That's a great idea, but I really would hate to bother the Mods with a PM. And would that go over the specified amount of characters for a screen name??

dol_fan_81
05-06-2005, 12:06 PM

that sounds about right :lol:

Dirtywater
05-06-2005, 01:22 PM
that sounds about right :lol:

HAHAHA!! Right on brother!! I know for a fact that every person who either lives in New England, or roots for the Pats actually physically transforms into a spawn of Satan. I have zero idea why the news media hasn't picked up on this yet, but it is fact. Also, I have read other internet forums where people have agreed with this statement. Yup, it's 100% true.

At first I didn't get it, I thought, wait, the people that root and attend Pats games are probably made up of a wide range of people, including Fathers, sons, mothers, daughter, brothers, sisters, even some jerks etc. who are a lot like other Americans and humans but it wasn't true. Turns out that they are a single unit of evil.

They are a different breed of man, and all they have are evil intentions. I was also curious how this beating up a woman story wasn't headline news all over the country? I mean, surely a story this outlandish and proven would lead ESPN for a week's time at minimum, and the NFL and Patriots organization would issue statements and the like. Well, total conspiracy here folks. Turns out they are working with the CIA and they wanted the story kept unders wraps because they had agents undercover in the crowd. Now it makes sense why this true story wasn't a bigger national story. I mean, come on, people don't embelish about stuff like this. I still don't know why the media is giving that poor woman who was kidnapped right before her wedding a break. Man...

Anyway, just know this, there are no hard working family people who just like football and watch & enjoy it like in Miami. These people are all evil and must be grouped into one single term for us to bash. If the media isn't going to cover it, let's further the fable...er, story on internet forums. I have heard rumors that Buffalo has been infiltrated and possibly NY, but the only thing that I can confirm at this point is that Miami has not. Word on the street is that their entire fanbase has been given the "perfect shield" and that they are indeed without scrutiny because of their perfect ways.

Sorry FinFanInPatsyLand, but you're one of them too. :shakeno:. Even though you root for the Fins, you live in the area.

dol_fan_81
05-06-2005, 07:49 PM
HAHAHA!! Right on brother!! I know for a fact that every person who either lives in New England, or roots for the Pats actually physically transforms into a spawn of Satan. I have zero idea why the news media hasn't picked up on this yet, but it is fact. Also, I have read other internet forums where people have agreed with this statement. Yup, it's 100% true.

At first I didn't get it, I thought, wait, the people that root and attend Pats games are probably made up of a wide range of people, including Fathers, sons, mothers, daughter, brothers, sisters, even some jerks etc. who are a lot like other Americans and humans but it wasn't true. Turns out that they are a single unit of evil.

They are a different breed of man, and all they have are evil intentions. I was also curious how this beating up a woman story wasn't headline news all over the country? I mean, surely a story this outlandish and proven would lead ESPN for a week's time at minimum, and the NFL and Patriots organization would issue statements and the like. Well, total conspiracy here folks. Turns out they are working with the CIA and they wanted the story kept unders wraps because they had agents undercover in the crowd. Now it makes sense why this true story wasn't a bigger national story. I mean, come on, people don't embelish about stuff like this. I still don't know why the media is giving that poor woman who was kidnapped right before her wedding a break. Man...

Anyway, just know this, there are no hard working family people who just like football and watch & enjoy it like in Miami. These people are all evil and must be grouped into one single term for us to bash. If the media isn't going to cover it, let's further the fable...er, story on internet forums. I have heard rumors that Buffalo has been infiltrated and possibly NY, but the only thing that I can confirm at this point is that Miami has not. Word on the street is that their entire fanbase has been given the "perfect shield" and that they are indeed without scrutiny because of their perfect ways.

Sorry FinFanInPatsyLand, but you're one of them too. :shakeno:. Even though you root for the Fins, you live in the area.

Whatever you say man!:)

Dirtywater
05-06-2005, 08:43 PM
Whatever you say man!:)

Exactly. :cooldude:

patsdynasty
05-06-2005, 09:42 PM

u tell em dirty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!