PDA

View Full Version : Apologies to "Press Coverage" thread

BenchFiedler
05-08-2005, 12:57 AM
We should each apologize one by one to this member...Yes, he is a new poster, but we don't know who he is, he could even be Saban(lol)...He has his sources also and each of us has a right to express his/her opinion on this board(freedom of speech)

I will be the first to say that---Press Coverrage, I thought you were a liar (FOS), you're right about Poole...I apologize. Please, come again and post again.
;)

Jt0323
05-08-2005, 12:59 AM
this is a stupid thread and in the wrong place

:shakeno:

BenchFiedler
05-08-2005, 01:01 AM
At age 16, I wouldn't expect anything smarter from you....

PressCoverage
05-08-2005, 01:04 AM
thanks Bench... now let's sign LAW!!!!!!!

:cooldude:

Jt0323
05-08-2005, 01:04 AM
this has nothing to do with the miami dolphins there fore this is in the wrong spot...u should of posted this in spam section...this will wind up getting moved

painnotpleasure
05-08-2005, 01:05 AM
We should each apologize one by one to this member...Yes, he is a new poster, but we don't know who he is, he could even be Saban(lol)...He has his sources also and each of us has a right to express his/her opinion on this board(freedom of speech)

I will be the first to say that---Press Coverrage, I thought you were a liar (FOS), you're right about Poole...I apologize. Please, come again and post again.
;)I agree. (To Press Coverage) I apologize... don't think what I said was nearly as bad as some people but I doubted you and I was wrong. Sorry. Really sucks we all got off on the wrong start with the guy, hope you stay FinHeaven and despite this little fiascal it can really be a great place. Alright I'm out.

TarHeelFinFan
05-08-2005, 01:06 AM
I agree, sorry man. It's just hard to trust people with one post posting something as out there as that. Obviously you've got a source of some sort, so welcome aboard.

Phinz4Life
05-08-2005, 01:16 AM
I for one wouldn't apologize. If you post serious news like that without proof, you're deserving of what comes to you. Quit sucking up to him just to make yourself look better. Finheaven's reaction was totally correct.

Jt0323
05-08-2005, 01:19 AM
I for one wouldn't apologize. If you post serious news like that without proof, you're deserving of what comes to you. Quit sucking up to him just to make yourself look better. Finheaven's reaction was totally correct.
I agree

Here is my apology...
:monkeyr:

GreenMonster
05-08-2005, 01:19 AM

Thanx for the 3hr headsup on the Newspapers but please stop with the sign Ty Law threads.. He like Will Poole is rolling around in a wheelchair right now and is old, injury prone, and overpriced..

Nublar7
05-08-2005, 01:22 AM
Press, I am sorry man. I feel like crap now. :(

Phinz4Life
05-08-2005, 01:26 AM

You shouldn't, you acted totally right. Never just accept something without a source. News and reports are NOTHING without sources.

Muck
05-08-2005, 01:29 AM

You called him a troll in the original thread.

Took about an hour for him to be proven right. Yet he doesn't deserve acknowledgment?? How about a little maturity.

All I want is for people to stop being asses to each other here and rushing to judgment on everything.

I'm sure I'll get the obligatory "whatever Muck, you're a suckup" posts now. :rolleyes:

Muck
05-08-2005, 01:30 AM
You shouldn't, you acted totally right. Never just accept something without a source. News and reports are NOTHING without sources.

How about Alex Marvez then?? His source has the same name as PFT's sources: "Unnamed".

DolphinDevil28
05-08-2005, 01:31 AM

Took about an hour for him to be proven right. Yet he doesn't deserve acknowledgment?? How about a little maturity.

All I want is for people to stop being asses to each other here and rushing to judgment on everything.

I'm sure I'll get the obligatory "whatever Muck, you're a suckup" posts now.

Whatever, Muck. God you are such a suckup!

:roflmao:

Phinz4Life
05-08-2005, 01:34 AM

I'm sure I'll get the obligatory "whatever Muck, you're a suckup" posts now. :rolleyes:

I appreciate people backing up their claims. I personally didn't call him a troll, but those who did weren't totally off. Seeing posts like that on a constant basis with absolutely no merit to them becomes frustrating.

GRYPHONK
05-08-2005, 01:34 AM

Just like bashing and critiscizing someone IS NOTHING, without your proof or reasons.

People not agreeing with him shouldn't apologize. But those that critiscized and bashed with comments like " STFU TROLL" Or automatically saying he is going to get banned.

Are you someone who doesn't like to be proven wrong? Can you not admit to it. I think it's sad that someone gets bashed all night for something then when he proves to be right all you can do is sit here and say he deserved the bashing and you did nothing wrong.

Atleast there are some classy posters like Nublar, and a few others.

Hellion
05-08-2005, 01:35 AM
Ok ....I'm sorry........what did I do anyways?:confused:

Phinz4Life
05-08-2005, 01:37 AM
Just like bashing and critiscizing someone IS NOTHING, without your proof or reasons.

People not agreeing with him shouldn't apologize. But those that critiscized and bashed with comments like " STFU TROLL" Or automatically saying he is going to get banned.

Are you someone who doesn't like to be proven wrong? Can you not admit to it. I think it's sad that someone gets bashed all night for something then when he proves to be right all you can do is sit here and say he deserved the bashing and you did nothing wrong.

Atleast there are some classy posters like Nublar, and a few others.

I'm one of the few here who believes most people weren't far off in their skepticism. Troll, as being used here, is in the right context for someone who signs up and immediatly posts "Breaking News" without a source to back it up.

If they said something of a derogatory nature to him (troll isn't, it's popular forum term that did fit), then sure, apologize. Throwing out insults is never a way to go for anything.

And now you're questioning my class? I consider myself to have a lot of class, but I'm going to stand up for my own opinion.

ether79
05-08-2005, 01:37 AM
Ok ....I'm sorry........what did I do anyways?:confused:
Read this if you haven't.
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=78781

byroan
05-08-2005, 01:40 AM
I admit I was wrong. I haven't read the whole thread yet, but hopefully no one went further then calling him a troll.

Phinz4Life
05-08-2005, 01:41 AM
I'm not defending anyone who went over the edge in their comments to Press Coverage. I am, however, defending those who were skeptical and wanted a source.

pwn3dyo
05-08-2005, 01:41 AM

sometimes people have information before its released to the public. This was one of those cases. I think you weren't wrong for calling him a troll. After all 4 posts, just registered today claiming a major player was injuried for the season. that happens often, and with no reliable link its usually a fraud. Although, it wasn't a fraud, and he deserves an apology. He was just releasing information before the press got it. I would like other FH members to do that, thats partly why i visit FH. I can find out dolphin news that isnt on espn yet. this was that case.

Phinz4Life
05-08-2005, 01:43 AM
sometimes people have information before its released to the public. This was one of those cases. I think you weren't wrong for calling him a troll. After all 4 posts, just registered today claiming a major player was injuried for the season. that happens often, and with no reliable link its usually a fraud. Although, it wasn't a fraud, and he deserves an apology. He was just releasing information before the press got it. I would like other FH members to do that, thats partly why i visit FH. I can find out dolphin news that isnt on espn yet. this was that case.

But we weren't wrong in being skeptic without a source. He doesn't need an apology, just a "So, you ARENT a troll! Welcome aboard."

yankeehillbilly
05-08-2005, 01:45 AM
c'mon guys....credit where credit is due. He was right and we were wrong.
My apologies Press

pwn3dyo
05-08-2005, 01:45 AM
But we weren't wrong in being skeptic without a source. He doesn't need an apology, just a "So, you ARENT a troll! Welcome aboard."

Don't see what's a big deal about an apology. Calling him a troll, thats not really an Insult. But, For the people who cussed him out, and personally attacked him, and asking the mods to ban him. They owe him an apology.

Phinz4Life
05-08-2005, 01:46 AM
Don't see what's a big deal about an apology. Calling him a troll, thats not really an Insult. But, For the people who cussed him out, and personally attacked him, and asking the mods to ban him. They owe him an apology.

Thats fine, but when people are calling out others to apologize when they were just being skeptic, then thats when you have to draw the line. Don't start scapegoating people.

Nicky Napoleon
05-08-2005, 01:49 AM
Maybe he's coach Saban!!! :wink:

Hellion
05-08-2005, 01:55 AM
Read this if you haven't.
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=78781

That was some funny as$ $hit, you guys got fried!! :roflmao:

But I will say this in your defense, alot of new posters have been flooding the board lately with bullcrap stories. And this guy wasn't exactly forth coming with details. None the less I was rolling on the floor reading that thread.
Then I realized Poole is out. :mad:

GRYPHONK
05-08-2005, 01:56 AM
I'm one of the few here who believes most people weren't far off in their skepticism. Troll, as being used here, is in the right context for someone who signs up and immediatly posts "Breaking News" without a source to back it up.

If they said something of a derogatory nature to him (troll isn't, it's popular forum term that did fit), then sure, apologize. Throwing out insults is never a way to go for anything.

And now you're questioning my class? I consider myself to have a lot of class, but I'm going to stand up for my own opinion.

Well, I understand what you are saying. Now, I don't wanna disrespect you or anything. You know what you said as did many others. I am not saying you are one of the classless posters. I specified Nublar simply because he was big on calling him a liar and a troll, but yet immediately apoplogized when he was wrong.

What I was in referrence to is exactly what you just wrote. I will requote you.

That is exactly what I was in referrence too. If it wasn't you, then you are absolutely right! You don't owe an apology for skepticism. It's the ones that ridiculed him that do. I bet, however that those classless ones I am referrence too will see nothing wrong in their actions and keep saying it was his fault or he deserved it.

However, you personally, I wasn't attacking you and I am sorry if you took it that way phins4life. I hope you now understand what I was trying to say.

yankeehillbilly
05-08-2005, 01:57 AM
Maybe he's coach Saban!!! :wink:

I said in my reply to Presscoverage's breaking news that if it were true somebody would have leaked...Pooles friends, teammates, hospital janitor, SOMEBODY.

Maybe Presscoverage IS the hospital janitor! :lol:

Phinz4Life
05-08-2005, 01:57 AM
Well, I understand what you are saying. Now, I don't wanna disrespect you or anything. You know what you said as did many others. I am not saying you are one of the classless posters. I specified Nublar simply because he was big on calling him a liar and a troll, but yet immediately apoplogized when he was wrong.

What I was in referrence to is exactly what you just wrote. I will requote you.

That is exactly what I was in referrence too. If it wasn't you, then you are absolutely right! You don't owe an apology for skepticism. It's the ones that ridiculed him that do. I bet, however that those classless ones I am referrence too will see nothing wrong in their actions and keep saying it was his fault or he deserved it.

However, you personally, I wasn't attacking you and I am sorry if you took it that way phins4life. I hope you now understand what I was trying to say.

Alright, we coo'. :cooldude:

GRYPHONK
05-08-2005, 02:16 AM
Alright, we coo'. :cooldude:

YAY!!!!

LOL!!

We coo':cooldude:

You see I think we saw eye to eye all along. I just always have a wierd way of explaining my point, sometimes it doesn't come out right till the 3rd or 4th time:roflmao:

HysterikiLL
05-08-2005, 02:21 AM
I have no idea who PressCoverage is but nevertheless, welcome!! Hope you enjoy the site, the people -- I'm getting the feel you made some people look pretty stupid haha

Samphin
05-08-2005, 02:22 AM
How about Alex Marvez then?? His source has the same name as PFT's sources: "Unnamed".

Wouldn't it be weird if Press really did make it up and then Alex read it, freaked out because the "other" newspapers" were reporting it and he wasn't so he used his unnamed source ( Press Coverage ) and wrote up a quick thing on Poole only to be the only one reporting it all based off of some internet rumor? :lol: That would be great. Although then everyone who apologized would be embarassed again and I would be for defending the guy... :yell:

PhinPhreak
05-08-2005, 03:48 AM
While it's ok to be skeptical because there are a lot of trolls out there, there is no reason to jump on somebody they way people jumped on Press just because you don't have proof, the way it should be handled is to take it with a grain of salt and wait for a news source to back up the report, then if the report is false go ahead and bash the poster.

It really sucks that because of some idiot trolls that we have to be skeptical of everybody, even the legit posters.

If you want to call that sucking up then more power to you.

zephon
05-08-2005, 04:03 AM
Wouldn't it be weird if Press really did make it up and then Alex read it, freaked out because the "other" newspapers" were reporting it and he wasn't so he used his unnamed source ( Press Coverage ) and wrote up a quick thing on Poole only to be the only one reporting it all based off of some internet rumor? :lol: That would be great. Although then everyone who apologized would be embarassed again and I would be for defending the guy... :yell:

now that would be wild.....Marvez has written articles before and not given credit where it was due. I wouldn't put it past him. Of course, then the Post writes the article as well. Wouldn't that be something if Saban came out tomorrow and said, "I don't know where this rumor started but Will Poole is just fine"......man, I'd be happy.....and laughing all at the same time. The board basically now has like 4 threads with posts apologizing and/or rationalizing the whole situation.

Either way, this whole thing has been very entertaining.:)

Void
05-08-2005, 04:18 AM
I agree

Here is my apology...

Says the 2 highschoolers acting like highschoolers. Its one thing doubting the guy, its another calling him names... grow up.

adamprez2003
05-08-2005, 04:26 AM

Great point. That is why I visit FinHeaven every day. If the poster doesn't have a source I take it with a grain of salt but I think its ridiculous to constantly bash people who are passing on things they heard even if they havent been verified. Great post to break your cherry on

PressCoverage
05-08-2005, 04:34 AM

you're a very angry young man... you know that? :cooldude:

it's a football game... not superpower espionage... take a sedative...

iDolFan
05-08-2005, 04:49 AM

:rolleyes:

good lord, boy.....get over yourself.....:shakeno:

your argument: "he didn't give his source" is WEAK!!!:evil:

Martel
05-08-2005, 04:51 AM
this has nothing to do with the miami dolphins there fore this is in the wrong spot...u should of posted this in spam section...this will wind up getting moved

I'll take the crow....make it a double!!!

Surferosa
05-08-2005, 06:55 AM

:woot:

jbond
05-08-2005, 07:20 AM
You all aren't going to start hugging and what not now are you....? :lol:

finfan54
05-08-2005, 07:35 AM
I think now that we all know who Press coverage is (or do we?), I think people will respect whatever info he has. I for one do not blame people for calling him a troll, If you call him something personal, which i have a hard time thinking there were a lot of people who did, and i am not searching high and low for those who did, then it is wrong.

But to come on here with no one having a clue who this guy is, and we still really do not know who he is, is certainly not wrong to question someone,It is only human.

I think the original thread by Press should have been a simple one like "i know someone in the press and it is soon to be reported that Will Poole has damaged his knee and may be out for the season. I know i will get ripped cus you dont know who i am but it will happen regardless. Have a nice day."

and never say another word because you know damn well that people are going to react in such a manner.......

Surferosa
05-08-2005, 07:39 AM
I think Press Coverage is Armando Salguero. This is his way of getting back at the board for constantly berating him. He knew the masses would jump all over this. :)

Ohio Fanatic
05-08-2005, 07:45 AM

totally agree people. Stop being a$$es to eveyone under 500 posts. You didn't just doubt him, you insulted him. BTW, I said nothing because of the extreme fear what he was saying was true. Now I"m really bummed out.

dolfan3033
05-08-2005, 08:06 AM
I think now that we all know who Press coverage is (or do we?), I think people will respect whatever info he has. I for one do not blame people for calling him a troll, If you call him something personal, which i have a hard time thinking there were a lot of people who did, and i am not searching high and low for those who did, then it is wrong.

But to come on here with no one having a clue who this guy is, and we still really do not know who he is, is certainly not wrong to question someone,It is only human.

I think the original thread by Press should have been a simple one like "i know someone in the press and it is soon to be reported that Will Poole has damaged his knee and may be out for the season. I know i will get ripped cus you dont know who i am but it will happen regardless. Have a nice day."

and never say another word because you know damn well that people are going to react in such a manner.......

To be honest, I dont think we even have to worry about anymore information he has and in what way he posts it. The way he was treated, we're lucky he's even still posting on this site. I think it's highly unlikely he'll ever give us the head's up news again. Way to go! (Of course, this isn't aimed to the people who simply were skeptic, or apologized)

Oh yeah, my 2 cents. Calling someone a troll is a derogatory statement... I dont care how it is used or if it's common forum terms.

fairbanksb
05-08-2005, 08:31 AM
He absolutely deserves apologies. What's the source? What's the source?:yell: If there were a source for everything, what would be the purpose of linking to Finheaven for news? I can read it from the source.:rolleyes:

so-long-Ricky
05-08-2005, 08:32 AM

How old are you?? To be skeptical is one thing but to berate and insult him because he didn't have a "link" to verify his commments is completely another. He was definitely not deserving of the insults he received from a good number of the members here and for you to justify the reactions of some of the posters just shows your lack of maturity.

miabrown23
05-08-2005, 08:38 AM
everybody here acts like their saban or wayne h someone posts a thread that others dont like or agree with and jump all over them cause they think they no better we r all fans of the dolphins no one here has the right to belittle others the people that bashed him shouldnt post for a while though u know his user name thats all u know u dont know the poster it could be any body. u guys should check ur attitudes at the door

Muck
05-08-2005, 08:40 AM
Where I think people made their mistake is, the guy gave an ETA so to speak. He said one or all of the big three by tomorrow. He said he'd take a banning if he's proven wrong, etc. That right there alone is enough for me to sit back and wait. It's not like we were waiting for a trade to happen or somebody to start 4 months from now. We were talking a few hours. Very little patience was required.

HelloMotto
05-08-2005, 08:44 AM
emmm hows that crow taste. At least he built up his numbers defending himself. :-)

Prime
05-08-2005, 09:05 AM
Press Coverage i am very sorry for the way that i treated you yesturday for calling you a troll. I guess i need to wait to see if there is any news before i judge a person.

The Confessor
05-08-2005, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the head-sup Press-coverage. Most of the people in here really do appreciate it, even if a few jumped on you too soon.
Now on to the real issue, what do we do now for another CB.
Hey finz4life. Sorry man, you dont have a leg to stand on (IMO), just let it be water under the bridge.

fishfan34
05-08-2005, 10:24 AM
Good job PressCoverage! I still will take most news reported around here with a grain of salt until confirmed, but, you came through. Steven Wine called my cousin back last night around midnight to confirm a couple of his "people", as he called them, did hear that Poole had a knee injury and that it was serious, but couldn't give any more information than that. He never did deny the story last night, just that he wasn't aware of any situation with Poole or any other Dolphins player concerning injury. I guess Alex Marvez' sources are better than Wine's. Anyways, I was wrong and i'll admit it.... Again, Good Job Presscoverage..

Phinz4Life
05-08-2005, 10:27 AM
Says the 2 highschoolers acting like highschoolers. Its one thing doubting the guy, its another calling him names... grow up.

Since he was quoting me, I'm assuming you're questioning my maturity. If you notice, I didn't call him names. Learn to read before you accuse me of name calling. And what does being in high school have to do anything with it? Often times age reflects nothing about maturity.

And you too...

How old are you?? To be skeptical is one thing but to berate and insult him because he didn't have a "link" to verify his commments is completely another. He was definitely not deserving of the insults he received from a good number of the members here and for you to justify the reactions of some of the posters just shows your lack of maturity.

If you go and read my posts, I'm not defending those that started insulting him majorly. I'm defending those who became scapegoats for just questioning his news because of a lack of a source.

Once again, what does age have to do with this? It's below my avatar, I have no reason to hide my age, but to label me based on age alone, I'd say thats rather immature.

HVACservice
05-08-2005, 10:28 AM
I missed this entire episode, but I did read that thread twice.

I dont think it was that bad.

I do not think anyone was particularly cruel. Its just the internet. If you post "big news" in any forum, that covers any topic, you had better understand that people will want a source. If you dont have one, coupled with the fact that you only have ONE POST in that forum.......people are going to burn you at the stake.

Press knew he would get "flamed" for posting that without credibility (posts) or a specific source(link).

He also knew he would have four threads apologizing to him the next day.

Brilliant!

Welcome aboard Press......

byroan
05-08-2005, 10:33 AM
Where I think people made their mistake is, the guy gave an ETA so to speak. He said one or all of the big three by tomorrow. He said he'd take a banning if he's proven wrong, etc. That right there alone is enough for me to sit back and wait. It's not like we were waiting for a trade to happen or somebody to start 4 months from now. We were talking a few hours. Very little patience was required.

With all due respect Muck, I always see you asking for a link and saying it's almost a requirement. Why was it not important that Press had one? I've seen you ask for a link and saying if they didn't have one then the thread dies. You've said it was important and common sense for people to post a link. I don't see why it's different because he gave us a ETA. He was a new poster, and you know 99.9% of new posters with important news are mostly trolls.

touborg
05-08-2005, 10:35 AM
I love the "But he didn't name a source, so I can bash him" posts. What do you think happens to the source if he names it? Think Saban will storm into his office with a big cake, thanking him for giving away information prematurely?

Of course he can't name his sources you idiots.

byroan
05-08-2005, 10:36 AM
I love the "But he didn't name a source, so I can bash him" posts. What do you think happens to the source if he names it? Think Saban will storm into his office with a big cake, thanking him for giving away information prematurely?

Of course he can't name his sources you idiots.

I love the irony. You say it was wrong for us to bash him, then you call us idiots. Way to violate the TOS.

Phinz4Life
05-08-2005, 10:37 AM
I love the irony. You say it was wrong for us to bash him, then you call us idiots. Way to violate the TOS.

:lol:

inFINSible
Press Coverage, I missed the whole beginning of this drama and I likely would have posted something with a disbelieving tone so, I'm just going to go ahead and apologize also. :cooldude:

miami0304
This is unreal, i like most did not belive it or did not want to belive it, but you sorry slackers that jumped all over this guy should feel like idiots and hold your nasty post till you have checked into the mans word. You guys should just enjoy the Dolphins and stop being such jerks all the time...

GreenMonster
05-08-2005, 10:38 AM
JT will be traded on Mon. to the Raiders for an undisclosed player. I just signed up today and have no sources but you must believe me and tells others to believe me because people never lie.

phinz_fan
Forum is full of a$$hole$. The man is obviously a Dolphins fan, and new to the forum. He didn't neccessarily know the protocol for breaking news (must include a link). He was just excited to be a part of the fun - which is after all what this forum is about.

Point being - he is a fellow Dolphins fan and a lot of people jumped down his throat for a rookie mistake. That's just messed up and all of you who did it should consider what this forum is about and why you post here: to interact with other fans. Not punish them.

cnc66

I do not think anyone was particularly cruel. Its just the internet. If you post "big news" in any forum, that covers any topic, you had better understand that people will want a source. If you dont have one, coupled with the fact that you only have ONE POST in that forum.......people are going to burn you at the stake.

Press knew he would get "flamed" for posting that without credibility (posts) or a specific source(link).

Brilliant!

I believe HVAC is correct :cooldude:
Press was like a Matador taunting the aggressive, but not to bright bull, and yes, brilliant, welcome aboard. :lol:

touborg
05-08-2005, 10:39 AM

There is about 5 pages of thrashing and you're talking to me about TOS? Hypocrite.

FIN-IN-RI
05-08-2005, 10:43 AM
:monkeyr:Apology

Unless he was right.

and he was right.. :D

:monkeyr:me

gacane
05-08-2005, 10:44 AM
This is why I come here many times a day but never post!! You guys need to get a life. You don't have all the answers. And we don't need all the rejects released or not drafted. Learn to get along[

GreenMonster
05-08-2005, 10:50 AM

Brilliant!

I believe HVAC is correct :cooldude:
Press was like a Matador taunting the aggressive, but not to bright bull, and yes, brilliant, welcome aboard. :lol:

Seriously if you post any information on here that could be fishy without a link you our most likely gonna get called out. It seems to me that press has friends that work for the Sun-Sent. and he got the information a couple of hours early. He couldn't even name the paper that he believed the article would be in the next day. After a welcome to the boards and a short apology we can get to flaming the next 20 posters that start a false thread.. GreenMonster

Phinz4Life
05-08-2005, 10:50 AM
This is why I come here many times a day but never post!! You guys need to get a life. You don't have all the answers. And we don't need all the rejects released or not drafted. Learn to get along[

Not the best way to start the "learning to get along" by saying people need to get a life, bro.

WharfRat
05-08-2005, 11:29 AM

not it's not.... and no, it's not.

kastofsna120
05-08-2005, 11:52 AM
i wasn't here when it happened, but if he just registered to post a news story with no credible source, he deserved the bashing. however, he wasn't lying, so at least give him credit for having the story first. but you shouldn't have to apologize, unless you called him some horrific things.

BTW, it really sucks that poole is out for the year.

so-long-Ricky
05-08-2005, 11:59 AM
If you go and read my posts, I'm not defending those that started insulting him majorly. I'm defending those who became scapegoats for just questioning his news because of a lack of a source.

Once again, what does age have to do with this? It's below my avatar, I have no reason to hide my age, but to label me based on age alone, I'd say thats rather immature.

You're side stepping now......you initially stated no one on finheaven was wrong for their comments. Now you're changing your story to only defend those who were skeptical of his post. Pick a side and stick w/it.

As for the maturity comment, age a lot times is correlated w/maturity (not always). I did not initially "label" you because of your age but on your comments alone. Needless to say seeing that you're 17 didn't surprise me.

Phinz4Life
05-08-2005, 12:21 PM
You're side stepping now......you initially stated no one on finheaven was wrong for their comments. Now you're changing your story to only defend those who were skeptical of his post. Pick a side and stick w/it.

As for the maturity comment, age a lot times is correlated w/maturity (not always). I did not initially "label" you because of your age but on your comments alone. Needless to say seeing that you're 17 didn't surprise me.

Sorry for having my own opinion, even if it's a 17 year-olds opinion which obviously doesn't mean much to you.

And I don't condone people bashing someone to the point of name calling (and the term troll is justified when used right). I'm defending those who wanted a link. I think that's sticking with a side. And perhaps I didn't make it clear earlier who I was defending, if so then thats just a mistake of being too vague.

I could turn this around and say that your lower post count then mine means that your opinion doesnt mean as much as mine, but do I? No. I don't judge based on anything besides what a person says and how they act.

kud
05-08-2005, 12:28 PM
I apologized in the other thread. I'm not gonna start kissing arse now. :D

Justasportsfan
05-08-2005, 12:48 PM
I could turn this around and say that your lower post count then mine means that your opinion doesnt mean as much as mine, but do I? .your opinion doesn't count. :mad:

Phinz4Life
05-08-2005, 12:49 PM
your opinion doesn't count. :mad:

:

:tongue:

Predaphin
05-08-2005, 01:01 PM

Same here...for the 4th time I apologize....(now I feel like I'm kissing a$$, but you well deserve it)...

Sorry bout that not so warm welcome....feel free to kick me in the a$$ anytime.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/05/23_11_42-1.gif

A Wing Pilot
05-08-2005, 01:16 PM
ROFL i read the original thread and thought to myself the same thing muck did.. Wait a few hours and see. Man am i glad i never opend my mmouth. Kudos to you Press.

By the way guys we all make mistakes, its a mistake we're all sorry lets move on we're all hear to root for the phins !!!

Justasportsfan
05-08-2005, 01:20 PM
lets move on !! NO!

we're all hear to root for the phins !!! :mad:

Phinz4Life
05-08-2005, 01:43 PM
NO!

:mad:

We're not all misguided like you. :D

TheMadPorpoise
05-08-2005, 01:47 PM

Grow up.

PressCoverage
05-08-2005, 01:53 PM
ooooooooookkkkkkkk.... let's about wrap this one up... with my second post, i suggested no one will need to apologize tomorrow :cooldude:

regardless... for whatever it's worth... i forgive each and every one of you who called me a smelly body excriment and so on... well, cept for phinz4life, who continues to come off like a bit of an angry-against-the-world, i-deserve-proof jerk.... :D (j/k)

if it truly is a standing order that information MUST include a source, well... i guess you've already received my one and only offer.... because i will never reveal sources before they run in print... ever... if you can't understand the why's and whatfor's of that situation; errrrmmm.... well, i'll let you all figure that out for yourselves...

i'm just a fan... nothing more... now let's talk about the Dolphins!

painnotpleasure
05-08-2005, 01:56 PM
ooooooooookkkkkkkk.... let's about wrap this one up... with my second post, i suggested no one will need to apologize tomorrow :cooldude:

regardless... for whatever it's worth... i forgive each and every one of you who called me a smelly body excriment and so on... well, cept for phinz4life, who continues to come off like a bit of an angry-against-the-world, i-deserve-proof jerk.... :D (j/k)

if it truly is a standing order that information MUST include a source, well... i guess you've already received my one and only offer.... because i will never reveal sources before they run in print... ever... if you can't understand the why's and whatfor's of that situation; errrrmmm.... well, i'll let you all figure that out for yourselves...

i'm just a fan... nothing more... now let's talk about the Dolphins!Sounds good. :up:

GRT8
05-08-2005, 02:13 PM
You called him a troll in the original thread. Took about an hour for him to be proven right. Yet he doesn't deserve acknowledgment?? How about a little maturity. All I want is for people to stop being asses to each other here and rushing to judgment on everything. I'm sure I'll get the obligatory "whatever Muck, you're a suckup" posts now. WELL SAID,Muck, WE ARE ALL SUPPOSED TO BE DOLPHIN BROTHERS, TOO MANY LOOK TO TALK SMACK VS CONTRIBUTING in here

TerryTate
05-08-2005, 02:20 PM
Hey Press....

So there are less doubters next time, go into your signature, put the date down that you called the injury, so people see that the next time you break some news with us....less trollage that way. IT will be your bragging center.

TerryTate

Buddwalk
05-08-2005, 02:25 PM
I never dissed the kid i said i doubt its true cause i havnt read it yet...i need proof to believe...i sent him a pm saying that im sorry for the way my fellow finheaven members have acted upon him and i told him he should get an avatar and sig...and join us among the finheaven ranks

PhinsTD
05-08-2005, 02:47 PM
Phinz4life, I've never really talked with you, but you are sure looking like a spoiled loser on this one.

I didn't read this until today, but I would have been skeptical as well with something like this. That's fine to be that way, but to treat the man the way everyone did and not at least admit that you were wrong and owe him an apology is pretty low IMO.

Just state the obvious: Usually guys who post things like this Press are dead wrong and just trying to cause trouble. This is a rare case where you weren't. You gained some credibility with this and caused alot of us to be red in the face with our actions. In the future, we'll probably react nearly the same to news like this w/o sources, but hopefully we learned that this shouldn't get personal and we will all just wait to see the rumors verified first and take the news for what it is.

PS- That sucked to open my computer and see the news that Poole is out for the year. Especially for a guy who wasn't a blazer to begin with.

Phinz4Life
05-08-2005, 02:47 PM

i'm just a fan... nothing more... now let's talk about the Dolphins!

You handled this all well after the initial thread, I do appreciate that. I'm probably a bit more critical than some about proof, but you proved us wrong and I'll give yah cookies for that.

Welcome aboard PressCoverage!

Lloyd Heilbrunn
05-08-2005, 04:54 PM
What amused me from all this is, as a fellow newbie, I believe he could not have posted a link anyway.....

Minnphin
05-08-2005, 04:55 PM
I agree

Here is my apology...

classy

Justasportsfan
05-08-2005, 04:57 PM
Saban can see the future!
We need proof and a link you troll :mad:

:D

painnotpleasure
05-08-2005, 05:15 PM
What amused me from all this is, as a fellow newbie, I believe he could not have posted a link anyway.....Surprised no one else thought of that. :roflmao: :roflmao:

PhinSoldia
05-08-2005, 05:19 PM
ok dont you people think you have kissed his *ss enough??

Awsi Dooger
05-08-2005, 07:15 PM
I found about Poole's injury only hours ago. I scanned some of the old threads including the one started by Press Coverage. The early responses in that thread were beyond pathetic and beyond belief. I mean, he immediately mentioned several Sunday papers were reporting Poole's injury. He was specific in regard to the player involved and type of injury and when it occurred. Anyone who doubted it has no clue regarding probability. You can look at his basic language and the tone and tell it screamed legitimacy. He didn't quote a so-called insider friend or anything bizarre like that. Many, many posters here have applauded Saban's incomparably ignorant and useless press blockade. Well, this is the first example of how wrong you are. Stay tuned for more.

Awsi Dooger
05-08-2005, 07:19 PM
What amused me from all this is, as a fellow newbie, I believe he could not have posted a link anyway.....

Welcome Lloyd. I'm Gary K from the Dolphins newsgroup. Glad to see you around here. I still post over there occasionally but that "Jew Fiedler" infantile nonsense forced me to look elsewhere and I discovered this place in February.

FIN-IN-RI
05-08-2005, 07:45 PM
ok dont you people think you have kissed his *ss enough??

That's what I was thinking. Pathetic all the way around.

Lungoystr
05-08-2005, 07:50 PM

Sorry that it took me so long to post today, just got home from the hospital. I've spent most of the day at work thinking about how I would like my crow cooked. ;)

I apologize for grilling you so hard last night as well. However, if you had been a frequent poster (or observer) of this board before yesterday, you would understand why so many gave you a hard time. Since Dave stepped down last season, new posters have been coming to this board daily to post "breaking news" stories and 99.9% of the time they are crap. People here are really getting tired of trolls popping up on a daily basis. Now that the Poole story has been confirmed, it is cool that we have FINALLY gotten some inside info before it was broken to the general public. I urge you to share any info in the future as your credibility has been proven. I spoke today with my connection on the Phins medical staff (I am not about to name my source :wink: ) and that person told me that he/she was unaware that Poole had gotten injured. That person also told me that he/she had missed a day at the camp last week so I am certain that the injury occurred during that time. As I said, I don't get the lowdown on all players, but I usually get general info on starters and potential starters. This just happened to be one that slipped through the cracks.

Again, I apologize to you Press and I hope that you continue to provide any inside info you get. I'm pretty sure that many here will back you up next time......I know that I will.

King Nate
05-08-2005, 08:16 PM
Well as usual I come in about three days too late just when everything is blowing over. I read the original thread though that started it all. It was pretty funny coming into the site knowing that Poole is already hurt and reading everybody's responses. Hopefully it didn't discourage PressCoverage from posting again.

BrazForPhins
05-08-2005, 08:27 PM
OMG, I was out for the weekend and then..this was the funniest thing happened here since I've signed..c'mon, you're mean

great post dude

Slappy8800
05-08-2005, 10:38 PM
im not sorry....at the time i had no reason to believe him/her...so no regrets

Phinz4Life
05-08-2005, 10:49 PM
We need proof and a link you troll :mad:

:D

Just watch! The Herald will run a story tomorrow and then you'll all be eating crow and I'll get like fifteen threads dedicated to me! :D

hunter5nc1
05-08-2005, 11:22 PM

shouldn't you be in the bed

kizzaboo
05-08-2005, 11:33 PM
At age 16, I wouldn't expect anything smarter from you....

Aparently you like picking people out. First you commented someone who said they can not tell thier source and yout thinking of not a 2000+ poster=liar, unreliable.

This has been brought up before but you really shouldnt pick on someone because of age. Kinda weak and somewhat of a low blow.

kizzaboo
05-08-2005, 11:34 PM
shouldn't you be in the bed

Shouldnt you be trying to think of a better way to bash someone?

Phinz4Life
05-09-2005, 12:02 AM
Shouldnt you be trying to think of a better way to bash someone?

Unfortunately it is all he has. His lack of a better excuse prompts him to rip on the one thing he has superiority in, and that is age.

PhinSoldia
05-09-2005, 12:05 AM
oh joy the kids are at it again

byroan
05-09-2005, 12:07 AM
Why is this thread still going? The guy doesn't care anymore, those who wanted to apologize did. He knows he owned us. Just move on.

PressCoverage
05-09-2005, 12:29 AM
NO, let's keep it going!... (j/k)... Anyway, it's all good... No big deal... Even Lung apologized, so i won't hold him to the ban contract we agreed upon... :D

however, there was one guy who insulted my mother, which was especially uncultured considering it is/was Mother's Day and all, and my mom is the sweetest lady on Earth...

Hadn't heard from him, but I asked him about it in a PM... and well, he stands by his suggestion... and that i should expect such a backlash if/when i don't provide a link...

This Busch is for YOU, Mike!.... You're an A+ mom-basher... Stay off the cheap beer... :cooldude:

Phinsfan1980
05-09-2005, 12:32 AM
NO, let's keep it going!... (j/k)... Anyway, it's all good... No big deal... Even Lung apologized, so i won't hold him to the ban contract we agreed upon... :D

however, there was one guy who insulted my mother, which was especially uncultured considering it is/was Mother's Day and all, and my mom is the sweetest lady on Earth...

Hadn't heard from him, but I asked him about it in a PM... and well, he stands by his suggestion... and that i should expect such a backlash if/when i don't provide a link...

This Busch is for YOU, Mike!.... You're an A+ mom-basher... Stay off the cheap beer... :cooldude: Wow a lot of sh*t went down while I was away this weekend. I read both threads and must say that we need a great big dolphins group hug! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Phinsfan1980
05-09-2005, 12:34 AM
By the way congrats to you Press Coverage... you are the first person that I have ever seen beat Nublar7 to a story.... he may be sweating right now...

Ha you know we love you Nublar here is a hug for you too bro :hug:

DrAstroZoom
05-10-2005, 11:15 AM
Wow ... I missed this whole thing, and ... wow ...

DOLFANMIKE
05-11-2005, 11:32 AM

This Busch is for YOU, Mike!.... You're an A+ mom-basher... Stay off the cheap beer... :cooldude:

You seem to think that just because the info you provided was correct, that it means that you are completely in the right here. Sorry. I don't see it that way. Since you've decided that you want to rehash it here on the public board, here we go.
Its good that you recognize that you want to keep this thing going, because you clearly love the attention. You sent me your "I told you so" PM begging for an apology. I explained exactly why you got the reaction that you experienced. I also explained why you wouldnt be getting any apology. Now for most people, that in itself would be enough. So here we go again. It wasnt just the post. It wasnt just that you are a newbie. Although both of those were part of the factor. It was also your refusal to provide a link, or a source, or some type of explaination for the thread. Instead you popped off and hide and refused to answer the questions posted to any degree other than "because I say so and I have a source" with an arrogant tone IMO. Thats what Trolls do, so you were treated like a troll.

If you don't like the negative reaction you recieved here PC, then stay away or change your tactics. Your attitude got you bashed just as much as your refusal to post a source, confirmation, or link. Your PM that you sent to me later on carried more of the same of your garbage. Begging and attitude. You think I give a rats azz that you provided a 6 hour head start on general news that would be splashed over ever news media? Moreover, if you didnt already have a chip on your shoulder, or if you had been around a little bit, you'd understand completely why you got what you got here. Your PM was just as arrogant and attention-whoring as every other post you've made. Look at your post here that I'm responding to. Begging, attitude, and calling me out. Typical of your time here so far PC. You say you can't and will never share those sources? Then the odds are someone is sharing info with you that they shouldnt be. Or you are taking it from someone you shouldnt be. Maybe you could reflect about other ways you could have presented yourself here when initially questioned over the bad news you brought here.

You want an apology. Here it is "I apolo".....nope just cant do it. Hope you recover soon. As for you beer drinking comments, it just goes to where you are and how you are incappable of moving on big boy. I mean after all...here we are days after the incident and you are still tracking down "those doubters that bashed you". Isn't it enough for you to know that info you posted was correct? If its any concellation to you, all the trolls (as we thought you were) get the shave the hairy mole on your mom's back line. It wasnt even original.

Here's to hoping you disappear! I doubt you will though. There's still so many people here to pester for doubting you on your post with no credibility and plenty of attitude. Who knows, maybe you can track down everyone that didn't "give you your props". :lol:
Word of advice . Move on and quit begging. It makes you look weak. If you do move on you'll soon see others have made that move already.