PDA

View Full Version : NFL Teams Moving Part II: Poll

Dol_Fan_4_Ever
05-13-2005, 01:11 AM
Out of all the responses from the previous post, vote on which team is most likely to move to a different city. If you choose "Other" or "None" please explain why.

1. Saints
2. Vikings
3. Bills
4. Bengals
5. Giants
6. Cardinals
7. Other
8. None at all

Dol_Fan_4_Ever
05-13-2005, 01:14 AM
Please choose the answer mentioned from the previous posts in Part I. If you choose "Other" or "None" please explain why.

painnotpleasure
05-13-2005, 01:16 AM
New Orleans Saints and Cleveland Browns we're my top 2 choices. :wink:

dominizzo
05-13-2005, 01:22 AM
Bills have to go, honestly when u cant win a super bowl 1 outtta 4 times u dont belong in the Nfl/Period

ether79
05-13-2005, 01:36 AM
The Colts have a 50/50 chance to move if Indiana's House/Senate doesn't vote for the new stadium proposal. While I think they'll pass the bill it's very possible if they don't the Colts could move.

Vinpaulino44
05-13-2005, 01:38 AM
Arizona just built a new stadium they arent going anywhere but New orleans is my guess

Boone
05-13-2005, 02:04 AM
Bills have to go, honestly when u cant win a super bowl 1 outtta 4 times u dont belong in the Nfl/PeriodAre you serious? :confused:

Omaha_Dolfan
05-13-2005, 02:37 AM
I voted None because the Saints will never get the votes allowed by the owners to move out of N.O. Not to mention New Orleans is a HUGE market for the NFL and a premier spot for the Superbowl once they get the dome fixed ... which will be a big part in their new contract with the city which is why their move is being talked about now.

As far as the other teams, Screw Aneheim, they dont deserve a team, I mean how many teams have they had and hell it isnt that far of a drive to go see a different team anyway.

vegasphan
05-13-2005, 03:18 AM
Miami is slated to move and become the New Mexico Dolphins.

WestCoastPhins
05-13-2005, 06:07 AM
I see the seahawks leaving, but yeah CA has 3 teams now, and living here I am tired of watching raiders games all I need is a 4th team clouding the airwaves making it so I cant watch a good game. I mean why must anehiem get a team, every one who lives there either likes the niners or mostly raiders. I am a dolphins fan because I hated the niners fans being all cocky during superbowl runs, raiders fans are the worst fans in football, and quite annoying at that. I didnt even know the chargers exited, hense I picked the team led by number 13 and I will never regret it. Just please no more new teams, there are enough. The setup is perfect now. 4 per division, 4 divisions.

PhinSoldia
05-13-2005, 06:20 AM
i could see minny moving with the change of ownership

Jimi
05-13-2005, 06:32 AM
Bills have to go, honestly when u cant win a super bowl 1 outtta 4 times u dont belong in the Nfl/Period

Ya imagine if they hadnt one any.....ummm

nick1
05-13-2005, 07:44 AM
I thought that Indy didn't want the Colts a while ago?

BBsuck
05-13-2005, 07:44 AM
Any small market team is in danger if their team has a losing record for to long-- thats why the Bills were concidered just a few years back, they just didnt have the fan base in the early 80's.. thats why the Giants will never leave their games are sold out for years in advance ..the $$$ tell all if your in a small market and not bringing in the cash your gone...

nick1
05-13-2005, 07:47 AM
Any small market team is in danger if their team has a losing record for to long-- thats why the Bills were concidered just a few years back, they just didnt have the fan base in the early 80's.. thats why the Giants will never leave their games are sold out for years in advance ..the $$$ tell all if your in a small market and not bringing in the cash your gone...

thats also why the Packers will never leave they have thousands on the season ticket waiting list

RWhitney014
05-13-2005, 08:07 AM
It all depends on stadiums. That eliminates most of the teams, including Seattle, Cincinnati, and St. Louis. The teams that are most likely to move are New Orleans, Indianapolis, and Minnesota, but I don't think anything will happen. The NFL has a good thing going right now.

nyjunc
05-13-2005, 08:43 AM
NO & Minny are the only 2 on this list(maybe an very slim shot w/ Buf)

-Ari is building a new Stadium

-The Giants are building a new Stadium and even if they didn;t there is absolutely no chance they'd ever leave the NYC area.

-Cincy has a brand new Stadium

BennyVW
05-13-2005, 09:15 AM
I beleive either N.O...or indy. N.O. because they want them to re-negotiate their contract. Indy because their dome is so small and paytons contract is so damn huge. Isn't indy like one of the poorest teams???

nyjunc
05-13-2005, 09:32 AM
I beleive either N.O...or indy. N.O. because they want them to re-negotiate their contract. Indy because their dome is so small and paytons contract is so damn huge. Isn't indy like one of the poorest teams???

I believe Indy just got approval for a new Stadium so that would take them out as a candidate. I think it's going to wind up being Minnesota.

Da 'Fins
05-13-2005, 09:38 AM
Vikings, Bengals or Saints. But, I can't see the NFL wanting New Orleans to move.

nyjunc
05-13-2005, 09:44 AM
Vikings, Bengals or Saints. But, I can't see the NFL wanting New Orleans to move.

The Bengals are not moving, they have a brand new Stadium.

dolfan348454999
05-13-2005, 09:45 AM
None at all is higher on my list then everybody elses. I think if LA is going to have a team it is most likely that they will make a new team.

NLude33
05-13-2005, 09:49 AM
It would be great if the Viqueens left. There is so many Vike fans where I live, and I can't stand them.

phinsforever
05-13-2005, 09:52 AM
If any team were to lose a team, I would think the primary candidate would be the Saints. Eventhough Louisianna is the hotbed for producing NFL players (I think it produces more playersper capita than any other state), I don't think people there are huge supporters of the team.
The top candidates to receive a team due to relocation or expansion would probably be Mexico City, Anaheim or Toronto.
The Buffalo Bills may also move to Alaska. They would rename their team the ARCTIC CHOKES. :wink:

nyjunc
05-13-2005, 10:07 AM
None at all is higher on my list then everybody elses. I think if LA is going to have a team it is most likely that they will make a new team.

I don't think we'll see a new expansion team for a while, we already have too many teams and they now have a good # of teams w/ each division having 4 teams. I don't think they want one division to have 5 teams.

MarinoEqualsGod
05-13-2005, 10:50 AM
thats also why the Packers will never leave they have thousands on the season ticket waiting list

No, the Packers will never leave because they are owned by the city of Green Bay.

WharfRat
05-13-2005, 10:53 AM
-The Giants are building a new Stadium and even if they didn;t there is absolutely no chance they'd ever leave the NYC area.

The Giants just bought the Meadowlands (or are in the process of doing so). They got a sweet deal to stay in New Jersey through about 2040.
The majority of the cost associated with a new Stadium for the Giants in New Jersey will be shouldered by the New Jersey taxpayers. :mad:

Justasportsfan
05-13-2005, 11:15 AM

:stupid:

Doktor Ivel
05-13-2005, 11:17 AM
arizona cardinals

Oaklandraider
05-13-2005, 12:14 PM
I would like to elect the weak washington redskins. They got better last season and made some ok offseason moves sucked in the draft and theyre still going to be in a slump this season they cant live up to there glory days.

MarinoEqualsGod
05-13-2005, 12:19 PM
I would like to elect the weak washington redskins. They got better last season and made some ok offseason moves sucked in the draft and theyre still going to be in a slump this season they cant live up to there glory days.

What do u have against the Redskins? They're not even in the same conference as you guys.

Oaklandraider
05-13-2005, 12:21 PM
I dont really its just theyre punk fans talk the most smack ever more that pats fans its freakin mindblowing what these guys say check it out for yourself go to Hailredskins.com and you'll understand.

CASSINO
05-13-2005, 01:16 PM
:cooldude:
The Colts have a 50/50 chance to move if Indiana's House/Senate doesn't vote for the new stadium proposal. While I think they'll pass the bill it's very possible if they don't the Colts could move.
I second that comment Indy has to upgrade or they will ge bye bye! Every stadium has upgraded RCA dome needs to be imploded. :yell:

BLUESTIGIDY
05-13-2005, 01:43 PM
I see the seahawks leaving, but yeah CA has 3 teams now, and living here I am tired of watching raiders games all I need is a 4th team clouding the airwaves making it so I cant watch a good game. I mean why must anehiem get a team, every one who lives there either likes the niners or mostly raiders. I am a dolphins fan because I hated the niners fans being all cocky during superbowl runs, raiders fans are the worst fans in football, and quite annoying at that. I didnt even know the chargers exited, hense I picked the team led by number 13 and I will never regret it. Just please no more new teams, there are enough. The setup is perfect now. 4 per division, 4 divisions.

:lol2:

Bigjbizzle2
05-13-2005, 03:33 PM
I would say the Cardinals because that city loves them so much thta they make them play in a college stadium

nyjunc
05-13-2005, 03:39 PM
I would say the Cardinals because that city loves them so much thta they make them play in a college stadium

The Cards are building a Stadium that will be ready for the 2006 season, they aren't going anywhere.

http://www.azcardinals.com/stadium/

Marc790
05-13-2005, 03:42 PM

Oh, get a life and a brain, too, while you're at it. Teams moving really have nothing to do with your Super Bowl win-loss records. Besides, the question wasn't about what your little brain's opinion was as to who should go -- but rather who's most likely to go. What's wrong with you?

ch19079
05-13-2005, 03:46 PM
ill tell you right now, the day they say the bills are being moved to another city, there will be riots, several buildings destroyed, several nfl officials injured along with several other people injured, and a few deaths (there are always a few in a riot...).

we just dont have anything else. (hockey is DEAD, by the way...)

if they decided to move the dolphins, there might be a "get-to-gether", a little protesting, and then a break for a round of golf...

nyjunc
05-13-2005, 03:53 PM
ill tell you right now, the day they say the bills are being moved to another city, there will be riots, several buildings destroyed, several nfl officials injured along with several other people injured, and a few deaths (there are always a few in a riot...).

we just dont have anything else. (hockey is DEAD, by the way...)

if they decided to move the dolphins, there might be a "get-to-gether", a little protesting, and then a break for a round of golf...

I went to a Jets-Bills game at Buf in '98 and what I really liked was that it was like a college town or a HS town where everyone was excited about the Bills. Stuff all over people's lawns on the way to the Stadium. Bills fans definitely have passion which I love and it would be like Cleveland when the Browns left not like Houston when the Oilers left.

Mike13
05-13-2005, 04:58 PM
FYI the Saints won't be moving anytime soon, Check this out:

Despite a recent report that Saints owner Tom Benson is interested in possibly relocating to San Antonio, which is his second home, the Alamo City is not actively pursuing an NFL franchise and has not seriously explored the idea since 2001 -- unlike Los Angeles, which has been working with the NFL and making progress toward landing a franchise for most of this decade. Mayor Ed Garza said that he doesn't think it is likely, believing the city's fiscal realities would make such a move extraordinarily difficult.
-- New Orleans Times-Picayune

DeathStar
05-13-2005, 05:00 PM
no colts cause indy is building them half a billion dome.
no cardinals cause they have new retractable dome and retractable field stadium for next year.
possible for the saints cause benson can't get public money to build him a new stadium.
no to the giants caues they agreed with state to build new stadium (3/4 of billion) all private too next to current stadium.
no to bengals cause they have new stadium (2 years old) and team is on way up and they have diehard fans in that market.
no for the vikings (probably stay and try to get new stadium,maybe publicprivate deal)
no to bills cause they have diehard fans in that market.

no way in hell:
fins,pats,jets(getting new satdium),bills,cowboys(getting new stadium),giants,eagles,redskins,ravens,browns,steelers,bears,
lions,packers,texans,titans,jaguars,falcons,panthers,bucs,broncos,
cheifs,raiders,chargers,rams,49ers,seahawks

Two options:
either saints move or the nfl gets a 33 teams which would be dumb cause mess up nice 8 four team divisons

akfinfan
05-13-2005, 05:02 PM
i could see minny moving with the change of ownership

Minnesota isn't going anywhere. The have great fans and have sold out the last 10 years. Not happening.

Boik14
05-13-2005, 05:04 PM
Why the heck would the NYG even think about leaving? Theyre getting a new stadium! And they have waiting list almost as long as GB's for season tix! They had a bad team but theyre fan base is ginormous. They have no place on that list.

The bengals aint moving they just got a new stadium, buffalo aint moving they have a strong fan base, minny aint moving they have good fan support so basically its either the cards or saints both of which have fan support and stadium issues. My guess is N.O. since theyre already thinking of moving to L.A. but I wouldnt be shocked if Zona left if they found a strong market, maybe portland or somewhere.

BrazForPhins
05-13-2005, 05:06 PM
to me, all this moving thing is a disrespect with the fans

pwn3dyo
05-13-2005, 05:09 PM
colts

DeathStar
05-13-2005, 05:11 PM
i personally think no team will move cause benson trying to leave and giving ultimatium will put politicans of that state in a tough position cause if they dont give him a new place, the louisiana voters will vent their frustation against them, causing them to lose jobs.

a 33rd team will exist in a couple of years.

DeathStar
05-13-2005, 05:11 PM
no colts cause irsay got half a billion dollar deal for new place.

Boik14
05-13-2005, 05:13 PM
no cardinals cause they have new retractable dome and retractable field stadium for next year.
possible for the saints cause benson can't get public money to build him a new stadium.
no to the giants caues they agreed with state to build new stadium (3/4 of billion) all private too next to current stadium.
no to bengals cause they have new stadium (2 years old) and team is on way up and they have diehard fans in that market.
no for the vikings (probably stay and try to get new stadium,maybe publicprivate deal)

no way in hell:
fins,pats,jets(getting new satdium),bills,cowboys(getting new stadium),giants,eagles,redskins,ravens,browns,steelers,bears,

Two options:
either saints move or the nfl gets a 33 teams which would be dumb cause mess up nice 8 four team divisons
Actually the Jets do not have a new stadium anywhere close to secure. NYC wants to give them the stadium but theres a lot of BS going on with the bidding. Its too long a story to detail but to make a long story short:
- the people living in that area dont want the stadium where the city wants to put it
-half the pop. is opposed to it cause there's more pressing needs
- nothing has been approved.

On top of that Madison Square Garden has a better bid for the land (thereby keeping their monopoly on stadium venues for concerts/events) and they might bring this to court since the land is supposed to go to the highest bidder.

And the best part is with the NYY, NYM, NY Islanders (when hockey actually starts up again), NJ Nets (now moving to Brooklyn), NYG all having demands or proposals for new stadiums within the next 5-7 years the chances of NYJ actually getting a new stadium are very slim.

Fact is the NYJ are very likely to end up playing 2nd fiddle to NYG for years to come whether it be in the current Giants stadium or again sharing the land lease with NYG in the new Giants stadium. :roflmao:

Also, regarding Zona, last I heard their bid for a new stadium was rejected. Any link showing otherwise would be appreciated. TY in advance.

Buddwalk
05-13-2005, 05:19 PM
Saints will move and become the Los Angelos Wolverines

DeathStar
05-13-2005, 05:43 PM
here is the link for the new state of the art cardinals place opening next year.
it has retratable dome and retractable field.
its a public financed one too.

outside night view:
http://www.azcardinals.com/images/images/nightstadnew05.jpg

interior:
http://www.azcardinals.com/images/images/view3_interior.jpg

day time view:
http://www.azcardinals.com/images/images/view4_dayaerial.jpg

current state:
http://www.azcardinals.com/images/images/stadmayd05.jpg

also about the Jets, your right, they haven't recieved approval yet. my bad. but i dont see the jets leaving the NY area. i dont understand why their owner, woody, heir to Johnson and Johnson fortune, use some of his money and build his own place.

djfresh47
05-13-2005, 05:51 PM
I think the best 2 possibilities are the Bills or Vikings. Both because of possible ownership changes. Ralph Wilson would never move the Bills, but his daughter who I believe is slated to take over the team after him may.

saves
05-13-2005, 06:37 PM

Browns? Nah uh.

Oaklandraider
05-13-2005, 06:59 PM
The redskins could have a change or the saints.

ether79
05-13-2005, 07:11 PM
no colts cause irsay got half a billion dollar deal for new place.
Irsay HASN'T gotten anything but a proposal for the deal. It still has to pass and 7 counties surrounding Indy has to vote to raise taxes plus the Indiana house and senate. So while it's probable nothing is final.

Dol_Fan_4_Ever
05-13-2005, 09:08 PM
I forgot who said it but Los Angeles could be real religious having the Saints and the Angels there, lol

Boik14
05-13-2005, 10:56 PM
here is the link for the new state of the art cardinals place opening next year.
it has retratable dome and retractable field.
its a public financed one too.

outside night view:
http://www.azcardinals.com/images/images/nightstadnew05.jpg

interior:
http://www.azcardinals.com/images/images/view3_interior.jpg

day time view:
http://www.azcardinals.com/images/images/view4_dayaerial.jpg

current state:
http://www.azcardinals.com/images/images/stadmayd05.jpg

also about the Jets, your right, they haven't recieved approval yet. my bad. but i dont see the jets leaving the NY area. i dont understand why their owner, woody, heir to Johnson and Johnson fortune, use some of his money and build his own place.Thanks for the links bro. And ya you couldnt have known so much about the NYJ stadium thing. I live about a mile from the proposed construction site (god how awful is that?) and i voted hell no :)

They wont leave the NY area in all likelihood because the market is so great and the jet fan support is almost always strong (though they whine like biatches on local sports radio) but Im trying to remind every giant or non jet fan I know to vote no so that NYJ still plays 2nd fiddle and doesnt even have their own stadium!

FinsForLife007
05-13-2005, 11:44 PM
Miami is slated to move and become the New Mexico Dolphins.

... and you're an idiot.

nyjunc
05-14-2005, 09:19 AM
Actually the Jets do not have a new stadium anywhere close to secure. NYC wants to give them the stadium but theres a lot of BS going on with the bidding. Its too long a story to detail but to make a long story short:

We have 1 hurdle left, we are VERY close to getting the Stadium.

On top of that Madison Square Garden has a better bid for the land (thereby keeping their monopoly on stadium venues for concerts/events) and they might bring this to court since the land is supposed to go to the highest bidder.

MSG's was not a real proposal and although they "bid" more money up front the deal for the Jets Stadium was what was better for the City and that's why the Jets bid was APPROVED. MSG only wants to block the Stadium b/c they will lose a ton of money b/c MSG won't have it's monopoly on big events.

And the best part is with the NYY, NYM, NY Islanders (when hockey actually starts up again), NJ Nets (now moving to Brooklyn), NYG all having demands or proposals for new stadiums within the next 5-7 years the chances of NYJ actually getting a new stadium are very slim.

The Giants have their Stadium and it's in NJ so it doesn't have anything to do w/ the NYC Stadium. The Jets Stadium is the top priority and is the one most likely to get approved.

Fact is the NYJ are very likely to end up playing 2nd fiddle to NYG for years to come whether it be in the current Giants stadium or again sharing the land lease with NYG in the new Giants stadium.

Even if we don't get the Stadium we will not be tenants like we have been, we will SHARE the new Stadium in NJ w/ the Giants and it will not be called "Giants Stadium".

It doesn't matter b/c we are getting the new Stadium.

Also, regarding Zona, last I heard their bid for a new stadium was rejected. Any link showing otherwise would be appreciated. TY in advance.

It's being built so it must have ben approved, it will be ready for the '06 season. Click the link I posted a few posts back and it has pictures of the construction.

DolphinDD Ctown
05-14-2005, 10:06 AM

You must really not know ANYTHING regarding the NFL to choose Cleveland.

Do you know that even when the team sucks they pack the place in? Do you realize the fan base the browns have?

Trust me .... after Modell screwed them the city was up in arms ... there is no way they have a chance of moving ... not in the next 20 years!

:fire:

DolphinDD Ctown
05-14-2005, 10:17 AM

no way in hell:

Two options:

Finally .... someone who knows something! You couldn't have said it better! You are 100% accurate. I am still amazed that there is an idiot out there that thinks the Browns may move!?!

:lol:

Mako
05-14-2005, 07:36 PM
First and foremost, anyone who thinks the Browns or Redskins are really delusional.. The Redskins will remain in DC (or surrounding suburbs) for as long as the NFL is in existance. As for the Browns, after the Modell mess, it will be an equally frosty cold day in Hell before the NFL moves a team from Cleveland again.

As for others, the Cardinals have a brand new, state of the art stadium in Glendale which will open next year. They've already been penciled in for a Super Bowl by the end of the decade.. Knowing a few people in the Cardinal organization, for the first time since moving to Phoenix, the Cardinals feel like they're on their own ground. The stadium is theirs.. No longer do they have to play second fiddle to ASU.

Indy will do everything in their power to keep the Colts..

Only ones I see on unsteady ground are the Vikings (despite word that Fowler has no intentions of moving them) or the Saints.

Jaj
05-14-2005, 07:58 PM
Colts, Vikings, Saints are the most likely candidates. Other possibilities could include the Jags. Most likely you'll see the Colts in Los Angeles in a couple of years. It won't be too hard really because the Colts can stay in the AFC South. Minnesota would require a slight realignment. The Saints could stay in the NFC South.

phunwin
05-14-2005, 07:59 PM
Why wouldn't the Colts be listed in this poll? They're the most likely team to move after the Saints and Vikings.

Also, I'd note that, TECHNICALLY, the Jets are the team most likely to move. New Jersey to New York, with the pending stadium deal. ;)

Jaj
05-14-2005, 08:02 PM
Why wouldn't the Colts be listed in this poll? They're the most likely team to move after the Saints and Vikings.

Also, I'd note that, TECHNICALLY, the Jets are the team most likely to move. New Jersey to New York, with the pending stadium deal. ;)

I think the Colts are actually THE MOST likely team to move. Their connection to Indianapolis is almost nothing. It's a basketball town. And no matter who tells you oh we're not moving, we love this city blah blah blah. Understand this. LOS ANGELES is HUGE, the MONEY THERE IS HUGE... The POPULARITY THERE IS HUGE....

PHINATIC13
05-14-2005, 08:33 PM
BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the Colts are actually THE MOST likely team to move. Their connection to Indianapolis is almost nothing. It's a basketball town. And no matter who tells you oh we're not moving, we love this city blah blah blah. Understand this. LOS ANGELES is HUGE, the MONEY THERE IS HUGE... The POPULARITY THERE IS HUGE....

Justasportsfan
05-14-2005, 08:39 PM
I went to a Jets-Bills game at Buf in '98 and what I really liked was that it was like a college town or a HS town where everyone was excited about the Bills. Stuff all over people's lawns on the way to the Stadium. Bills fans definitely have passion which I love and it would be like Cleveland when the Browns left not like Houston when the Oilers left.:up:

Just stay away from the drunks. The beer they drink in WNY are candian beer which is a lot stronger than the water americans make that just makes us piss and increase our uric acid.

gator_sensation
05-14-2005, 08:42 PM
I voted for the Giants simply so they won't have to share a stadium with the Jets anymore. They won't move out of the city, just down the street with a new stadium.

dolphingator
05-15-2005, 01:47 AM
I personally think no team will move cause Benson trying to leave and giving ultimatium will put politicans of that state in a tough position cause if they dont give him a new place, the louisiana voters will vent their frustation against them, causing them to lose jobs.

NO ONE outside of New Orleans in the state of LA. cares 2 cents worth for the Saints. 75% of the state are Dallas Cowboy fans and the rest only care about LSU and have zero NFL interest. The Saints are seen as a blue-eyed stepchild and most would never want to give them any money.

The present problem is not about Benson wanting state money, it is about how the state wants Benson to pay for renovating a stadium he doesn't even own. How many of you would pay to renovate someone elses' house? Didn't think so.

20.J.G.18
05-15-2005, 03:27 AM
The Giants would NEVER, EVER move from NY!

nyjunc
05-15-2005, 06:12 AM
:up:

Just stay away from the drunks. The beer they drink in WNY are candian beer which is a lot stronger than the water americans make that just makes us piss and increase our uric acid.

I had a great time watching us clinch our first AFC East Title but it was alot nastier there than 6 days earlier when I went to Miami to see the Jets play Miami. In Miami the Stadium was almost 40% Jet fans so there were no worries but in Buf we were probably the only Jet fans in our section. Luckily there was an idiot Bills fan in front of us that all the Bills fans hated so they turned their venom on him, I actually had to break up a fight btw 2 Bills fans :lol: