PDA

View Full Version : enough is enough with this

mercury 40
05-16-2005, 08:37 AM
ricky william returning . it's not happening . geez we brought in 2 good rbs and if numbnuts did return he would'nt play for us because he has to serve a suspension and other crap . so its high time to stop this yak about weedhopper returning . i am moving on now i suggest everybody else to do the same. we have a better chane of dan returning than rw so lets put this behine us and traverse down the yellow brick road to happy destiny which is the best season possible.

so please stop this insanity
of weedhopper returning
i now return you to your normal daily routines.

finsnchips
05-16-2005, 08:38 AM
ok... :shakeno:

Schleprock
05-16-2005, 08:41 AM
please shut it yourself first. I haven't seen a Ricky thread in a couple days....but thank YOU for starting another one.

I love the people whining about RW, but then they go and start a thread themselves which always turns into a 3-4 pager with the same arguments for/against his return. :rolleyes: It's like saying:"My arm is sore when I press it here"...and then the person just continues to press and press and press in that same area.

kizzaboo
05-16-2005, 08:43 AM
"idiot..."

Mod Note: This post gets you 24 hours off to familiarize yourself with the house rules. Derogatory personal comments directed at other members are not allowed.

P4E

finsnchips
05-16-2005, 08:45 AM
"idiot..."
you can't really call people that... but off the record I sorta agree.

phinfan2003
05-16-2005, 08:46 AM
please shut it yourself first. I haven't seen a Ricky thread in a couple days....but thank YOU for starting another one.

I love the people whining about RW, but then they go and start a thread themselves which always turns into a 3-4 pager with the same arguments for/against his return. :rolleyes: It's like saying:"My harm is sore when I press it here"...and then the person just continues to press and press and press in that same area.

Where is your "harm"?

Schleprock
05-16-2005, 08:50 AM
Where is your "harm"?
lol

sorry, meant arm :D These threads make me want to inflict my own harm though!

LOCAL SCUM!
05-16-2005, 09:05 AM
ricky william returning . it's not happening . geez we brought in 2 good rbs and if numbnuts did return he would'nt play for us because he has to serve a suspension and other crap . so its high time to stop this yak about weedhopper returning . i am moving on now i suggest everybody else to do the same. we have a better chane of dan returning than rw so lets put this behine us and traverse down the yellow brick road to happy destiny which is the best season possible.

of weedhopper returning

that's fine...BUt I wanna see what you say when he DOES return cause I think it's quite obvious to everyone in the world that this guy desperately needs to pay back his money and pay off alot of other things as he's getting sued left and right. You're wrong. He will return to the Dolphins. Not that I want him to..It's just that he will. Doesn't matter if it's annoying and you don't want to talk or think about it anymore. He will.:shakeno:

kizzaboo
05-16-2005, 09:09 AM
you can't really call people that... but off the record I sorta agree.

Nah not really. Its off of a movie:wink:

Schleprock
05-16-2005, 09:12 AM
Nah not really. Its off of a movie:wink:
It's not off the Led Zeppelin record...when you play it backwards?

d-day
05-16-2005, 09:32 AM
ricky william returning . it's not happening . geez we brought in 2 good rbs and if numbnuts did return he would'nt play for us because he has to serve a suspension and other crap .

:lol: numbnuts - good one merc

nick1
05-16-2005, 09:38 AM
Ricky is not coming back, it's all just talk created by Nick Saban saying that he is welcome back. In my opinion Saban just said that in order to get him back so that we could trade him. There are 2 reasons that it would not be smart for us to take him back 1. he is out of shape, he lost 20 pounds and he hasn't practiced since who knows when and 2. we would not be able to afford him before he quit he was making 3 million a year, if he came back he would be making the same amount of money he was

Schleprock
05-16-2005, 09:43 AM
Ricky is not coming back, it's all just talk created by Nick Saban saying that he is welcome back. In my opinion Saban just said that in order to get him back so that we could trade him. There are 2 reasons that it would not be smart for us to take him back 1. he is out of shape, he lost 20 pounds and he hasn't practiced since who knows when and 2. we would not be able to afford him before he quit he was making 3 million a year, if he came back he would be making the same amount of money he was
it was only a matter of time until the tired comments start.

won't be in shape :rolleyes:
he has 4 to 4.5 months till he plays!

can't afford him :rolleyes:
he owes us $8.6 million, he works for peanuts, cost is irrelevent here.

(best one!!) we'll only let him back so we can trade him :rolleyes:
-Edge, Alexander, and Henry can't get 2nds or 3rds..you think RW is worth a damn??

HelloMotto
05-16-2005, 10:02 AM

obviously you and mercury 40 have no clue to what is going on. Ricky will be back this summer. Sorry if this news comes as a shock for you, but get over it. Its all hush hush till the end of july. I know everyone is bored as heck right now. Just go take a long walk (off a short pier), visit your local florist and smell some fresh cut flowers, Watch some reruns of hehaw. get over it.

nick1
05-16-2005, 10:06 AM
obviously you and mercury 40 have no clue to what is going on. Ricky will be back this summer. Sorry if this news comes as a shock for you, but get over it. Its all hush hush till the end of july. I know everyone is bored as heck right now. Just go take a long walk (off a short pier), visit your local florist and smell some fresh cut flowers, Watch some reruns of hehaw. get over it.

sorry but I don't beleive you, do you have proof or are you in the organization? you have no idea what will happen nor do I

NJ_Fin_Fan
05-16-2005, 10:09 AM

I love the people whining about RW, but then they go and start a thread themselves which always turns into a 3-4 pager with the same arguments for/against his return. :rolleyes: It's like saying:"My arm is sore when I press it here"...and then the person just continues to press and press and press in that same area.

My thoughts exactly. Thanks for saving me the time.

GreenMonster
05-16-2005, 10:11 AM
sorry but I don't beleive you, do you have proof or are you in the organization? you have no idea what will happen nor do I

Unless Ricky Williams wants to be about -8.6million for the rest of his life he is coming back.. Whether he suits up for the Dolphins remains to be seen, but I defiantly think he will be back in the NFL.

raving
05-16-2005, 10:11 AM
Why wouldn't he? And Saban gonna take him if he does.

You are confused like so many Dolphin fans on this board. Saban does not care an iota about you and your football sensibilities. Why should he care about what a star such as Ricky did on Wanny's clock? Between Ricky and Wanny - Wanny is the loser -out on his disgraceful ear in the most humiliating fashion.

Saban knows this - With Ricky he's got nothing to lose. So he's a bust - lost too much weight or fails to make the return at all or simply flakes out in his locker room. So what?

On the other hand if he works out you got at least a three headed monster if not more to go out and clobber teams week in and week out. Ricky, Ronnie, Kay-Jay, Sammie, the kid from the Rams that Spielman wasted a 3rd rounder on last year.

By the way thanks for starting the thread!

nick1
05-16-2005, 10:17 AM
Unless Ricky Williams wants to be about -8.6million for the rest of his life he is coming back.. Whether he suits up for the Dolphins remains to be seen, but I defiantly think he will be back in the NFL.

all I'm saying is that he will never be a Dolphin again

GreenMonster
05-16-2005, 10:21 AM

Trade Ricky.. Man I would love that but what team is gonna trade for a RB that is out of shape and lost 20 pounds and hasn't practiced since who knows then. If Ricky came back he would also be making the min. since we would force him to re-do his deal.

bdmagnum
05-16-2005, 10:30 AM

You can't say "he will never be a Dolphin again" unless you yourself have proof or are you in the organization. Do you have proof? Are you in the organization?

GreenMonster
05-16-2005, 10:38 AM
You can't say "he will never be a Dolphin again" unless you yourself have proof or are you in the organization. Do you have proof? Are you in the organization?

Good stuff:roflmao:

BlueFin
05-16-2005, 10:45 AM

of weedhopper returning

How about we leave it too Nick Saban to fully evaluate this situation and decide if Ricky has value to this organization? It seems to me he has more information with which to work with, somehow I trust him on a much higher level than Wannstedt to make the right choice.

Seeing as how Nick Saban has repeatedly discussed this possibility, I see no reason that Dolphin fans should not discuss it as well.

kizzaboo
05-16-2005, 10:50 AM
It's not off the Led Zeppelin record...when you play it backwards?

Nah, Napoleon:cooldude:

chirkware
05-16-2005, 10:54 AM
Ah, the offseason...lol

Schleprock
05-16-2005, 10:59 AM
seriously.....what part of trading Ricky williams DON'T you understand????????????

No...One...Will.....Give....ANYTHING!

bakedmatt
05-16-2005, 11:09 AM

of weedhopper returning

i'm beginning to hope he comes back just so we can stop seeing these posts.

yankeehillbilly
05-16-2005, 12:33 PM
can't afford him :rolleyes:
he owes us $8.6 million, he works for peanuts, cost is irrelevent here.

actually, its not irrelevent. Perhaps the actual money is, but not the cap implications. If the Phins forgive a portion of Ricky's debt in return for Ricky playing, then the NFL would probably consider that portion "salary" and charge it to the Phins cap. So, if Ricky plays for the league minimum and in return gets 3million taken off his debt for every year he plays, then Ricky's cap number for this season would be. $3,540,000.

Schleprock
05-16-2005, 12:43 PM
actually, its not irrelevent. Perhaps the actual money is, but not the cap implications. If the Phins forgive a portion of Ricky's debt in return for Ricky playing, then the NFL would probably consider that portion "salary" and charge it to the Phins cap. So, if Ricky plays for the league minimum and in return gets 3million taken off his debt for every year he plays, then Ricky's cap number for this season would be. $3,540,000.
I highly doubt that. His monetary implications of owing us $8.6mil have nothing to do with the salary cap. It has only been speculation on fans parts. Anyway, he "retired" so his cap number was already escalated into this years cap figure. A simple "you play for this and the other X disappears" is a matter outside the cap and personal between RW and the Dolphin organization. Especially considering the Dolphins went after what they ALREADY paid him. He simply gets to "keep" what he made (and has already spent), and he would not owe us anything but only gets a small salary.

yankeehillbilly
05-16-2005, 12:55 PM
I highly doubt that. His monetary implications of owing us $8.6mil have nothing to do with the salary cap. Anyway, he "retired" so his cap number was already escalated into this years cap figure. A simple "you play for this and the other X disappears" is a matter outside the cap and personal between RW and the Dolphin organization. Especially considering the Dolphins went after what they ALREADY paid him. He simply gets to "keep" what he made (and has already spent), and he would not owe us anything but only gets a small salary.

Im afraid that's incorrect. Deals between teams and players outside the traditional "salary" are examined by the NFL for possible salary cap violations. Heck, one year the NFL investigated Dan Marino's salary just because Wayne gave Dan a stock tip which happened to make Dan some money. They determined that there was no foul due to the fact that Dan could just as easily have lost money, but had that not been the case, they would have charged Dan's profits to the Phins salary cap (and probably fined the Phins too).
If the Phins forgive some of Ricky's debt in return for Ricky playing, they are in essence paying Ricky that amount as salary, and Ricky is using the money to pay off a debt. It just so happens that the debt is with the Phins, but it could just as easily be a debt with a bank, or loan shark, or a personal friend.
edit: or his wackyweed dealer :lol:

As for money already being charged, there wasnt any money to "escalate" Ricky's contract had no signing bonus and since he didnt play, he didnt get the rolled over incentive bonuses that were written into his deal. (incentives earned from previous year were supposed to be added to his base salary)

BrazForPhins
05-16-2005, 01:04 PM
:sleep:

ladeback
05-16-2005, 01:18 PM
Everyone needs to appologize to mercury_40 for discussing the possible return of a probowler that sold us out. It doesn't have a place in a Miami Dolphins forum. Let's us all talk about Gordon and whether he will backup Brown. He's moving on people, and by God, so should we. :rolleyes:

ladeback
05-16-2005, 01:23 PM
i'm beginning to hope he comes back just so we can stop seeing these posts.

Unfortunetly if he comes back we'll see even more RW threads. Threads about if we should or shouldn't trade him... Threads from those who still somehow like the guy about how he should still start and about how he's the best RB in the league... Face it, it will be years before we stop hearing about him....and even then we'll still be reminded of him from time to time.

Merman
05-16-2005, 01:36 PM

Would you come back to the NFL with that deal???

Ricky 's contract was tolled so if he comes back the Dolphins are still due 3 years of service. This is the reason the Dolphins have contractual rights to Ricky Williams if he ever decides to come back to the NFL.

The judgment for breach of contract was because he retired and did not complete his obligation to play for three more years. So if he is willing to come back you think he still owes the three years of original signing bonus and the incentive bonuses that he already earned???

The idea of repaying the signing bonus, about $3.3 million, is because it is prorated over the life of the contract. So now he would come back to honor his contract and he still has to pay it back to the Dolphins???

The $5.3 million due of incentive bonuses earned and paid is the same idea it is due to the Dolphins because he didn't finish playing out his contract. Now Williams comes back to pay this off too and the Dolphins have to charge Team Salary again for these bonuses if he does not pay them back???

Seems to me you are completely twisting the forgiveness of debt principal into something obscene. If Williams never quit there would be no judgment but now if he comes back he still owes the money and if he does not pay it back the Dolphins have income???

Merman
05-16-2005, 01:43 PM
If the Phins forgive some of Ricky's debt in return for Ricky playing, they are in essence paying Ricky that amount as salary, and Ricky is using the money to pay off a debt. It just so happens that the debt is with the Phins, but it could just as easily be a debt with a bank, or loan shark, or a personal friend.
edit: or his wackyweed dealer :lol:

That's the problem with you thinking. This is a judgment for money already paid for services not a loan.

As for money already being charged, there wasnt any money to "escalate" Ricky's contract had no signing bonus and since he didnt play, he didnt get the rolled over incentive bonuses that were written into his deal. (incentives earned from previous year were supposed to be added to his base salary)

Again you have the facts wrong. Of the $8.6 million judgment $3.3 million is the original signing bonus paid by the Saints. $5.3 million is for incentive bonuses paid. Ricky was paid the incentive bonuses and the amount paid increased his base salary in the future.

Edit
I misread the post you are right on the second point there were no bonuses to accelerate.

yankeehillbilly
05-16-2005, 01:57 PM
Would you come back to the NFL with that deal???

The judgment for breach of contract was because he retired and did not complete his obligation to play for three more years. So if he is willing to come back you think he still owes the three years of original signing bonus and the incentive bonuses that he already earned???

The idea of repaying the signing bonus, about $3.3 million, is because it is prorated over the life of the contract. So now he would come back to honor his contract and he still has to pay it back to the Dolphins???

The $5.3 million due of incentive bonuses earned and paid is the same idea it is due to the Dolphins because he didn't finish playing out his contract. Now Williams comes back to pay this off too and the Dolphins have to charge Team Salary again for these bonuses if he does not pay them back???

Seems to me you are completely twisting the forgiveness of debt principal into something obscene. If Williams never quit there would be no judgment but now if he comes back he still owes the money and if he does not pay it back the Dolphins have income???

If the "forgiveness of debt principal" is given in exchange for Ricky playing football for the dolphins, then it is in essence salary, and may very well be considered as such by the league.
As for Ricky's returning somehow negating his breech of contract...that isnt how it works. In fact, that issue was addressed by the media and if Im not mistaken, by the courts. Regardless of what Williams does in the future the fact remains that he violated the terms of his contract in 2004, and the penalties for such violations were spelled out in the contract and agreed to by Williams.

yankeehillbilly
05-16-2005, 02:02 PM
That's the problem with you thinking. This is a judgment for money already paid for services not a loan.

Again you have the facts wrong. Of the $8.6 million judgment $3.3 million is the original signing bonus paid by the Saints. $5.3 million is for incentive bonuses paid. Ricky was paid the incentive bonuses and the amount paid increased his base salary in the future.

Yes, but there was no signing bonus to escalate against the Phins cap. Ricky was paid the incentive bonuses and those bonuses were rolled over into base salary, BUT since Ricky did not play in 2004, that salary, which included those incentives was not paid.
edit: sorry, didnt see your edit before I posted this

As to what the judgement is for... I dont think it matters. The fact is that it is a debt. Ricky owes that debt whether he plays football or not. If the Phins choose to write off some of that debt instead of paying Ricky cash, then that portion could, and probably would be considered salary.

Merman
05-16-2005, 02:07 PM
If the "forgiveness of debt principal" is given in exchange for Ricky playing football for the dolphins, then it is in essence salary, and may very well be considered as such by the league.
As for Ricky's returning somehow negating his breech of contract...that isnt how it works. In fact, that issue was addressed by the media and if Im not mistaken, by the courts. Regardless of what Williams does in the future the fact remains that he violated the terms of his contract in 2004, and the penalties for such violations were spelled out in the contract and agreed to by Williams.

There is no forgiveness. You are making money out of nothing. If Williams completes his contract there is no basis for a judgment.

If we assume your understanding of breach of contract to completely void the contract then the Dolphins have no contractual rights to the player.

If you do not make payments on a car loan they have a right to your car or the money due not both. If they take the car there is no forgiveness of debt if you also don't pay for it.

phin lockeroom
05-16-2005, 02:11 PM

of weedhopper returning

man good post....... williams post come up way to much and i am sick of it too...... but the only way ricky will go away is if ronnie as a amaizing year

Merman
05-16-2005, 02:12 PM
Yes, but there was no signing bonus to escalate against the Phins cap. Ricky was paid the incentive bonuses and those bonuses were rolled over into base salary, BUT since Ricky did not play in 2004, that salary, which included those incentives was not paid.
edit: sorry, didnt see your edit before I posted this

My fault I read too fast and type too slow. :)

As to what the judgement is for... I dont think it matters. The fact is that it is a debt. Ricky owes that debt whether he plays football or not. If the Phins choose to write off some of that debt instead of paying Ricky cash, then that portion could, and probably would be considered salary.

Sure it matters as I try to point out in my last post about a car loan. The judgment is based on the contract that is still in effect.

kizzaboo
05-16-2005, 02:12 PM
man good post....... williams post come up way to much and i am sick of it too...... but the only way ricky will go away is if ronnie as a amaizing year

Wrong, Most people on this board would enjoy the most dynamic 1-2 punch in the league.

NJ_Fin_Fan
05-16-2005, 02:26 PM
Everyone needs to appologize to mercury_40 for discussing the possible return of a probowler that sold us out. It doesn't have a place in a Miami Dolphins forum. Let's us all talk about Gordon and whether he will backup Brown. He's moving on people, and by God, so should we. :rolleyes:

You're absolutely right, ladeback. Additionally, FinHeaven should implement a new thread creation approval procedure, headed by mercury_40.

;)

yankeehillbilly
05-16-2005, 02:29 PM
There is no forgiveness. You are making money out of nothing. If Williams completes his contract there is no basis for a judgment.

If we assume your understanding of breach of contract to completely void the contract then the Dolphins have no contractual rights to the player.

If you do not make payments on a car loan they have a right to your car or the money due not both. If they take the car there is no forgiveness of debt if you also don't pay for it.

The judgement against Ricky wasnt compensation for the loss of his future services, it was a penalty for violating the terms of his contract. Just because he eventually returns and gives the Dolphins 3 more years of service doesnt mean he didnt violate the terms of the deal and per his agreement must pay the penalty for that violation.

Merman
05-16-2005, 02:49 PM
The judgement against Ricky wasnt compensation for the loss of his future services, it was a penalty for violating the terms of his contract. Just because he eventually returns and gives the Dolphins 3 more years of service doesnt mean he didnt violate the terms of the deal and per his agreement must pay the penalty for that violation.

It is a penalty for breach of contract. If the contract is honored there is no more breach.

I could understand your point if there was no more contract. As we both know that is not the case. The contract is still in effect just suspended until Williams comes back.

If he does not come back the money is due to the Dolphins. If he does come back to the same contract what basis do the Dolphins have for breach.??? None. Breach is not the same as void or terminated.

The Ricky Williams clause of repayment of earned bonuses for not completing the contract is bad enough without having to repay the bonus and complete the contract. No one has reported that this is the case.

stoody24
05-16-2005, 02:55 PM
i am dumber for reading this thread thanks to you Mercury40

HelloMotto
05-16-2005, 02:56 PM

I just told you what was happening. You won't even hear about this till the end of july. If I'm wrong i will never post on this site again. how can I link something that is hush hush..... and i'm sure some of the members would make sure (If I'm wrong i will never post on this site again.) And please no comments about trading ricky for 10 #1's draft picks. not happening.

Schleprock
05-16-2005, 03:28 PM
I just told you what was happening. You won't even hear about this till the end of july. If I'm wrong i will never post on this site again. how can I link something that is hush hush..... and i'm sure some of the members would make sure (If I'm wrong i will never post on this site again.) And please no comments about trading ricky for 10 #1's draft picks. not happening.
There you have it folks....HelloMotto can be banned come training camp if he is wrong that Ricky Williams is returning.

nick1
05-16-2005, 03:37 PM

no but It's my opinion and the other guy was acting like he knew for a fact that Ricky was coming back

nick1
05-16-2005, 03:39 PM
seriously.....what part of trading Ricky williams DON'T you understand????????????

No...One...Will.....Give....ANYTHING!

what part of my opinion don't you understand? :shakeno:... anyway teams who need a RB would most likely be willing to give a 6th round choice for him and I don't care if it's a 7th round choice, any kind of pick will help. Look at Derrick Pope, he was a 7th rounder

nick1
05-16-2005, 03:41 PM

where did you hear that from? all I'm asking for is some details

d-day
05-16-2005, 03:46 PM

of weedhopper returning

mercury40 :hump:

rainmaker1313
05-16-2005, 03:49 PM

Ok Mercury I can read between the lines! RICKY IS COMING BACK! When? How do you know? Thanks for letting us know! Does the wonderful wizard have Ricky? (winks) Is Ricky in Kansas? Come on Mercury, I know you know! Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky Ricky

nick1
05-16-2005, 03:53 PM
I have one question for you people who say Ricky will come back for a min. salary... how in the world is Ricky going to pay us back with a min. salary? It will be under a million that you are talking about and he owes 8.6 mil. So in that case he would have to play in this league for like 10 years and his heart is not in football anymore. Thats why he quit, so if he came back it would be to earn money to pay the debt and quit again. He would not be willing to earn a min. salary and I promise you that.

As for the agruement that he can get back into shape, how do you know he can? sure he'd have enough time to get back in shape but after a year of smoking weed and of not practicing his body is almost certain to be way out of shape. He might be able to get in shape that will be determined if he comes back.

I'm not against a Ricky comeback, I beleive in second chances but he gave up on this team and let everybody down. I will never forgive him for that and I don't know how any of you could either. He messed up this team which was capable of better things then a 4-12 record. He faces an uphill battle and I don't think he is willing to do that