PDA

View Full Version : Onterrio Smith suspended for a year

Prime
05-19-2005, 04:23 PM
Vikings | Smith Gone for One Year - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 19 May 2005 13:21:52 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports two sources with knowledge of the situation have told ESPN.com Minnesota Vikings RB Onterrio Smith been apprised by the NFL that he faces a one-year suspension for a repeat violation of the league's substance abuse program. The suspension is subject to appeal. Citing the league's confidentiality guidelines on such matters, an NFL spokesman on Thursday declined comment. Sources said the suspension has nothing to do with an April 21 incident in which Smith was stopped at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport in possession of a device to circumvent drug tests.

painnotpleasure
05-19-2005, 06:21 PM
Wow, just read about it at ESPN and than just checked here. :tongue:
Somehow I'm not surprised that Onterrio Smith could end up getting suspended for the entire 2005 season. Sounds like he's the next laughing stock Ricky Williams, only with less talent and fame. Here's the ESPN link I got it from.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2064069

HugeFinFan
05-19-2005, 11:01 PM
Ha, I remember there were rumors of us trading for this guy in the Surtain deal! :shakeno:

Roman529
05-20-2005, 06:36 PM
Onterrio Mr. Whiz Smith should do an ad for cheese whiz. :roflmao: