PDA

View Full Version : Rob Konrad interview....

joeymac
05-20-2005, 12:47 AM
Hey guys

This is on a site that i'm a modertor over one of the message boards. Rob is a class act and this is a great interview. He say's some interesting things about Ricky Williams.

I can't post the link but you can click on it in my signature. It's a great read or listen whatever you choose to do.

JoeyMac

nolefin
05-20-2005, 12:57 AM
these guys kill me how do you make it to the nfl if your heart is not in football wtf most fins fans prob love football more than ricky and rob.

joeymac
05-20-2005, 01:00 AM
Just gifted Athletes.... If you ever met Rob you would realize the guy is extremely intelligent. He loved football but once you begin waking up each day and not being able to walk.... Maybe he did the right thing.

ladeback
05-20-2005, 01:13 AM
Konrad had so much promise and potential... It was funny how every offseason we'd hear about how we were going to get him more involved in the offense and utilize his talent, but it NEVER happened. The injuries started piling up and that was that. You can't exactly play fullback and have a problem with ur back and concussions. That being said, I'm glad he got out on his own terms rather than hearing about how he was forced to quit due to his brain getting rattled around too much.

Muck
05-20-2005, 01:23 AM
Just gifted Athletes.... If you ever met Rob you would realize the guy is extremely intelligent. He loved football but once you begin waking up each day and not being able to walk.... Maybe he did the right thing.

It's true. Ricky always equated getting hit to getting into a car accident. Imagine the job of a fullback. You basically slam into the world's best, most vicious athletse every day. It's a lucrative living. But it will quickly take it's toll. Especially when you're on a team like Miami that ran the ball more than any other team in the league.

DolfanMike talks about how he still feels those aches 20 years after he had his spectacular senior year in HS. Imagine being an NFL fullback in Dave Wannstedt's offense, behind Tony Wise's offensive line.

Rob's a bright guy with a wife and kid who's already taken care of his future. Good for him.

Muck
05-20-2005, 01:33 AM
Good interview BTW. :up:

CD13
05-20-2005, 06:55 AM
Konrad had so much promise and potential... It was funny how every offseason we'd hear about how we were going to get him more involved in the offense and utilize his talent, but it NEVER happened. The injuries started piling up and that was that. You can't exactly play fullback and have a problem with ur back and concussions. That being said, I'm glad he got out on his own terms rather than hearing about how he was forced to quit due to his brain getting rattled around too much.

I think his promise and talent was overblown. I do think he was decent, but if he was so talented, then he would have gotten more of a shot even with Davey boy. Although Dave would have throttled back that talent, I still think he would have shown more. Maybe it was the injuries, I just gave up on the guy long before anyone else did.

finsnchips
05-20-2005, 06:58 AM
I think his promise and talent was overblown. I do think he was decent, but if he was so talented, then he would have gotten more of a shot even with Davey boy. Although Dave would have throttled back that talent, I still think he would have shown more. Maybe it was the injuries, I just gave up on the guy long before anyone else did.
It was... I liked Rob.

He was a good FB, and when given the chance, a great receiver out of the back field.

finsnchips
05-20-2005, 07:13 AM
http://www.lifeofsports.com/featured_news.php?featured_news=84

great read, comes across really well.

He is right. It is very easy to label footballers as 'dumb jocks' - but most of the time I think that this is not the case.

inFINSible
05-20-2005, 07:21 AM
How comes no one is talking about Ricky in this thread??

Whitedolphin54
05-20-2005, 07:37 AM
How comes no one is talking about Ricky in this thread??

I knew sooner or later someone was gonna mention that :shakeno:

joeymac
05-20-2005, 10:07 AM
He confirmed what everyone already knows....... Ricky didnt really care about football.

You have to respect his honesty. I think he was a great player and I wish Rob the best.

Chris Yandek
05-20-2005, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the feedback on the Rob Konrad interview I conducted. I appreciate it very much.

Take Care,

Chris Yandek

DPlus47
05-20-2005, 01:57 PM
good interview. i remember that touchdown he got against denver. what a first TD! i think konrad is smart to walk away while he still can...

joeymac
05-20-2005, 07:05 PM
Hey Chris Yandek

That was an exceptionally great interview you did on Lifeofsports.com with Konrad.. Excellent job and that's a great site to be affliated with.

They are signing three NFL rookies to write journal articles throughout the year so it looks like they will have great content going forward.

JoeyMac

first&goal
05-20-2005, 07:38 PM
Good interview, thank you.

Chris Yandek
05-22-2005, 10:33 AM
I appreciate all the feedback on my interview with Rob Konrad, and www.lifeofsports.com (http://www.lifeofsports.com) is a great site