PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Observance

TerryTate
05-30-2005, 07:52 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/images/usabanner.gif
We have had this banner up for years now right smack on the homepage of the forums for good reason. For today I have stickied a thread in main dedicated to your Memorial Day thoughts. After today it will be moved into the lounge. This thread is in honor for the fallen soldiers throughout our nation's history, including those lost in recent conflicts....THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL THREAD, SO KEEP YOUR OPINIONS ABOUT THE CURRENT CONFLICTS OUT OF HERE. if you would like to share your opinion about the politics and such, head to our political/war forum.

Let's kick this off by mentioning a fallen Dol-fan in today's Herald. From the sound of it, he may have visited this site, being as die-hard as they are making him out to be...

SPORTS ENTHUSIAST
Still, Ewing loved sports, and he was a die-hard Miami Dolphins and Miami Heat fan. His mother said ``he cried when the Dolphins would lose.''

''Even when he was gone, he knew all the stats,'' said Jermaine Ewing, Jeremy's 21-year-old brother, who joined the Marines shortly after Jeremy died.

Link: http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/11771814.htm

PhinBeck
05-30-2005, 11:12 AM
Many incredible, courageous, loyal men and women have served our country and many have died to protect us.

I thank each and every soldier who has given his life for us. There is not any real words that can express my gratitude for their sacrifice.

One story hit home, the story of Lt Jason Dunham who dove on top of a grenade to save his unit, he covered the grenade with his helmet and lied on top so to protect those he was leading. This was after he re-upped after his 4 yr enlistment was up because as he said, he "...wanted to make sure all in my unit returns home". (may not be exact word for word, but very close) That got to me, the courage, the honest caring for others over oneself, a true leader, a hero in every sense of the word.

Thank You LT Dunham and all that have made the ultimate sacrifice, you will never be forgotten.

razorphin
05-30-2005, 12:17 PM
God Bless America...and Thank God For Every Veteran In Every War.

Syra39
05-30-2005, 12:17 PM
Have You Hugged A Vet Today

Fin Fan in Cali
05-30-2005, 12:30 PM
If you have one, make sure you fly your flag proudly today. The veterans will appreciate the support, and much needed love for that we have sacrificed. To all veterans around the world, here's to a great job! From one very proud veteran to all here at Finheaven, Semper Fi, and Happy Memorial Day!:troops: :beerbang:

Roman529
05-30-2005, 04:02 PM
I want to give a shout out and big props to my dad who served proudly in Vietnam, and my older brother who was an Air Force veteran. Thanks to
all the vets for fighting for our freedom!!!!

:usa: :patriot: :troops: :salute: :flag: :flag2:

FinsAreLife
05-30-2005, 04:12 PM
God Bless America...and Thank God For Every Veteran In Every War.

:yeahthat:...........i do love this country and thanks to the men that put their lives on the line for us:)

cnc66
05-30-2005, 04:23 PM
:navy: I wear my Dolphins with pride, remembering all those brothers still on patrol... I salute those who serve, and Honor those who did not come home. May God bless the USA and those who have fallen and suffered to keep us free. :patriot:

Roman529
05-30-2005, 04:31 PM
SEMPER FI

phins17
05-30-2005, 04:37 PM
As a Vet I have to say, God Bless Our Troops.

calphin
05-30-2005, 10:13 PM
God bless all those that have and do still defend this great nation of ours.
to them,I say thank you.

Nublar7
05-30-2005, 10:16 PM
God Bless America! Thank you to all the troops across the sea who are fighting to keep me and the rest of America free. Thank you all. :salute:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/05/PATR13420God20Bless20the20USA-1.jpg

A Wing Pilot
05-30-2005, 10:23 PM
as the brothere of someone deployed right now. thank you for all you do. come home safe boys!!!!

fins4o8
05-30-2005, 10:35 PM
I just wanted to say thanks to all the service men & woman that are risking their lives to keep our country free. God bless you & America.

chub
05-30-2005, 11:03 PM
From a Canadian!

Thank all the American bretheren that have fought for freedom. Politics be damned, soldiers gave their lifes for my freedoms. Yes American soldiers.

I have no problems saying thank you, as such thank you! Thank your Mothers, thank your Fathers, thank your Brothers, sisters, aunts and uncles, and Grandparents! If you have served thank you too!

Canada maybe a little too North for your taste or our politics may not always coincide. Never the less Thank you!

It is the servicemens day not a day for debate!

LtDan
05-31-2005, 03:11 AM
Thanks Terry and everyone else. I have been serving for 19 years so far. Thanks to all my fellow servicemen and women both past and present and especially those who gave their lives to keep our country the greatest in the world!