PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of a good Cell Phone Forum/Site?

NeilMags
05-30-2005, 08:47 PM
Does anyone here know of a good cell phone forum/site? I'm need to get myself a new phone and would like to read up on what deals are out there currently....

Thanks in advance!

mor911
05-30-2005, 08:49 PM
I use Nextel. Awesome phone (i730) but doesn't have all the nifty features and gimmicks in the kids cellphones of today. It's sturdy and has a walkie talkie. Also it's a VERY easy phone to hack and put in freee games and ringtones.

Edit -- I also wanted to add... It's probly the most expensive of the phone providers, but worth every penny. Best cell phone service I've ever used. :D

NeilMags
05-30-2005, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the tip, Mor911. I live in NC now, so I'm probably going to stick with Verizon (I've tried other providers, but Verizon just seems to be the best in my area, for whatever reason).

I was just hoping to find some sort of forum of rabid deal-finding cell phone enthusiasts so I can get a nifty new phone without digging too deep into the pockets. Actually, the Samsung i600 and i700 are two phones I have been considering....

Muck
05-30-2005, 10:11 PM
www.howardchui.com = the review/literature site

www.howardforums.com = the forums

Excellent site altogether.

I'm still rocking the i95cl. Actually, I got it for Christmas last year. I like to stay at least two years behind the curve. :lol:

byroan
05-30-2005, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the tip, Mor911. I live in NC now, so I'm probably going to stick with Verizon (I've tried other providers, but Verizon just seems to be the best in my area, for whatever reason).

I was just hoping to find some sort of forum of rabid deal-finding cell phone enthusiasts so I can get a nifty new phone without digging too deep into the pockets. Actually, the Samsung i600 and i700 are two phones I have been considering....

Have you tried Alltel? They don't have a great phone selection but they have some good ones. I guess it depends where in NC you live. Here in Charlotte I get signal wherever I go.

NeilMags
05-30-2005, 11:08 PM
Muck.....many thanks for the tip. That site looks superb. Trying to score myself a PDA phone - maybe the Samsung i600 if it is still available - on the cheap. Don't know how cheap I'll be able to find it, though....

Byroan -- hadn't looked into Alltel yet. I've tried just about everyone *but* them, actually. I'm in Durham....not sure how the signal is here, but I know exactly where the Alltel store is in my corner of Durham, so I might meander down there this week. Thanks for the heads-up.

MoFinz
05-30-2005, 11:16 PM
phonescoop.com

you can browse by maker
by provider
lots of reviews

If youre looking for coverage, by footprint it's
Cingular
Verizon
Sprint

Not much difference, there are gaps, check locally for what works best in your area

GreenMonster
05-30-2005, 11:45 PM
sprintusers.com is a sprint forum that will have all the new phones coming out and people discussing them... I got good information on my samsung A700 MM.... Its sweet.

Phinnhedd
05-31-2005, 10:59 AM
all nextel users should go to enyo.net.

NeilMags
05-31-2005, 12:28 PM
Thanks, everyone, for all the info. I knew I could count on my friends at FinHeaven to hook me up.