PDA

View Full Version : How'd you spend your Memorial day?

mor911
05-31-2005, 01:38 PM
I just wanted to get a feel for how you guys all spent your Memorial Day. I had to work. That sucks, but it was slow, and I put some time in on the Ladies Lounge. My holiday was pretty boring besides that. How bout you guys?

PS - Heat in 5

NaboCane
05-31-2005, 01:45 PM
Planting for the summer, cleaning the deck...relaxing.

d-day
05-31-2005, 02:01 PM
I just wanted to get a feel for how you guys all spent your Memorial Day. I had to work. That sucks, but it was slow, and I put some time in on the Ladies Lounge. My holiday was pretty boring besides that. How bout you guys?

PS - Heat in 5

2 seperate party's at my house - but like mor was able to post some hotties in the l.l. (check out our new red hot random blondes thread) :wink: - funny thing about holidays, sometimes you need an extra day off just to recover from your extra day off...

Jt0323
05-31-2005, 02:24 PM
I went to my friends and had a Met-Yankees World Series in backyard baseball...it was great...

UltraDol-Fan
05-31-2005, 02:34 PM
I went to Shreveport, went to the Mudbug Festival, and played some golf.

Trackstar
05-31-2005, 02:52 PM
My freinds and I had a rap session. We spoke of art, love, poetry, music, wine, and our feelings.
:wink:

Mindwarp
05-31-2005, 04:05 PM

PS - Heat in 5

mor we also BBQed here at work so you cant complain

Prime
05-31-2005, 04:29 PM
Me and my Mom's side of the family had a cookout. I do admit...them Hamburgers was :drool:

mor911
05-31-2005, 04:57 PM
mor we also BBQed here at work so you cant complain
But Jeff turned the Burgers in Meatwads with cheese.. I should have took a pic and posted them :D

EDIT -- I have to note that the hotdogs and chicken came out fine.

inFINSible
05-31-2005, 05:29 PM
I spent the day relaxing after boating Saturday and Sunday. It was unbelievably beautiful both days. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, 86 both days....nice breeze ...and the clearest most beautiful water I've seen in a long time.....saw all kinds of sealife, including huge rays, turtles, a tarpon that was no less than 6' long, Dolphins of course and even a Manatee

Heaven. :)

NaboCane
05-31-2005, 05:53 PM
I spent the day relaxing after boating Saturday and Sunday. It was unbelievably beautiful both days. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, 86 both days....nice breeze ...and the clearest most beautiful water I've seen in a long time.....saw all kinds of sealife, including huge rays, turtles, a tarpon that was no less than 6' long, Dolphins of course and even a Manatee

Heaven. :)

Sounds like heaven, dude. Did you fish?

inFINSible
05-31-2005, 06:00 PM
Sounds like heaven, dude. Did you fish?
A little but, I hade a lot of people with me both days so, not much. Caught a nice Jack though, 'bout 5 lbs. :D

jtown777
05-31-2005, 06:05 PM
At the river (Parker Strip) with all the silicon one could handle. Pole dancers on pontoons and deck boats. It was even better than the "Girls Gone Wild" vids. Lots of booze and watched a skin-head get beat down by an old man. What a great 5-day weekend it was!

Uncle Rico
05-31-2005, 06:06 PM
I was in San Antonio. I was really impressed with that place. Nice weather, friendly people and the cost of living is awesome compared to Colorado. The Alamo was cool, most poeple say it's small and boring but I enjoyed the visit. Still would like to retire in the Caribbean though.

NaboCane
05-31-2005, 06:21 PM
A little but, I hade a lot of people with me both days so, not much. Caught a nice Jack though, 'bout 5 lbs. :D

Sweet. Nice dinner for two.

cnc66
05-31-2005, 06:23 PM
Sweet. Nice dinner for two.

Jack don't eat good

inFINSible
05-31-2005, 06:23 PM
Blech....gotta bleed 'em out if you want to eat them and even then they aint too good.

great fighters though. :D

NaboCane
05-31-2005, 06:27 PM
Blech....gotta bleed 'em out if you want to eat them and even then they aint too good.

great fighters though. :D

I'm confused. Must be a different type Jack - once, my ex father in law and I lucked onto a school of Jack, caught about 50 of them bwteeen us in less than a 1/2 hour. We ate every last one of them, and while it wasn't like snapper, dolphin or grouper, it was pretty good.

inFINSible
05-31-2005, 07:39 PM
There are many species of Jack some edible, most aren't....This was a Jack Crevalle.....link (http://www.texasgulfcoastfishing.com/jackcrvl.htm)

Roman529
05-31-2005, 10:24 PM
Memorial Day was my 39th birthday. I went out with my dad for some pizza and beer. I also sent my twin brother a happy birthday e-card...he is in Kuwait working on the tanks for our troops over in Iraq. It was a really nice day!!!!

FuturePhin
06-01-2005, 12:40 AM
I busted butt bringing out fright from the back room to the floor, while trying to keep "my customer smile" on my face and to answer any questions. Didnt work to well..lol

NaboCane
06-01-2005, 12:48 AM
There are many species of Jack some edible, most aren't....This was a Jack Crevalle.....link (http://www.texasgulfcoastfishing.com/jackcrvl.htm)

YUCK! Dark red meat...:barf:

The ones we caught were white meat, and 2 pounds at most. Pretty good.

Astro_Fiend
06-02-2005, 08:27 AM
we had a chili cookoff at our house. there were 10 different chilis to taste from, along with other food. and me and my friend jack are the reigning beer-pong champs.

d-day
06-02-2005, 01:21 PM
we had a chili cookoff at our house. there were 10 different chilis to taste from, along with other food. and me and my friend jack are the reigning beer-pong champs.

hope you didn't invite eric cartman...

dolfan_101
06-02-2005, 06:45 PM
Went to three parties in two days!!!

NJFINSFAN1
06-02-2005, 10:41 PM
Memorial Day was my 39th birthday. I went out with my dad for some pizza and beer. I also sent my twin brother a happy birthday e-card...he is in Kuwait working on the tanks for our troops over in Iraq. It was a really nice day!!!!

Wish your brother the best!!!

I spent my weekend at a softball tournament that my 10 year old daughter played in, she was the MVP! She led all teams in AVG, RBI's and pitched going 5-0.

The kid has talent, but her big brother hates it!!!

Buddwalk
06-02-2005, 10:42 PM
Cookout at my gmas house...then went out to guitar center and play some guitars there for bout 2 hours

I liked two alot a Jackson and a Gibson

and i tried out a vox amp which i was very impressed with