PDA

View Full Version : worst movies

Uncle Rico
06-01-2005, 12:03 AM
Alright let's find out which movies you guys really disliked. I bring this up because today I watched "the life aquatic" and was disappointed. Normally I like movies that have a different type of comedy to them but this just didn't inspire me. Well here's the top 3 worst movies according to me.

1. The English Patient - A few years back I was on a kick of going to the video store and renting some Oscar type movies to see what the big deal was. I saw "Schindler's List" and it was fantastic. The next weekend was this load of garbage. The MOST boring movie ever. I'm serious nothing happened the whole movie!!!

2. A.I. - I saw this at the theater and almost got up and walked out which I've never done before. After the movie the group I was with said if I had gotten up they would have followed me.

3. Clifford - I don't think Martin Short was funny then or now. I just thought it was dumb.

I would rather sit through a marathon of Beaches, Steel Magnolias, and Terms of Endearment on the Lifetime channel than watch these again.

How about you guys???

FuturePhin
06-01-2005, 12:15 AM
I know Im going to get hammered but I couldnt stand Lord of the Rings. ANY of them. I fell asleep in the first two.(I got lied to and was told there was more action in the 2nd thats the only reason why I tried to watch)..I didnt make it though

Noodle Arm
06-01-2005, 12:23 AM
Being a horror fan and movie buff, I've seen my fair share of horrendous films. But to this day, the only film I almost walked out on was Lost in Space. Good lord was that movie atrocious. I'm not saying it's the worst movie I've seen, but it ranks up there. I'll post more later.

unifiedtheory
06-01-2005, 12:29 AM
I know Im going to get hammered but I couldnt stand Lord of the Rings. ANY of them. I fell asleep in the first two.(I got lied to and was told there was more action in the 2nd thats the only reason why I tried to watch)..I didnt make it though

I won't give you the verbal abuse you so richly deserve for this (I AM SO JOKING!! :wink:)

My buddy has the same problem with the L.O.T.R. Trilogy...dude can't make it through 1/2 an hour...that being said.

It's the greatest movie series ever made...now I can get hammered by the Star Wars crowd...:tongue:

Slappy8800
06-01-2005, 12:30 AM
citizen kane

R_t_Kraken
06-01-2005, 12:35 AM

I won't bash you. In fact, I completely agree with you. I really can't stand that Elijah Wood guy. Something about him just annoys the hell out of me.

Anyways, I thought House Of Wax was a piece of Garb. Any movie with that talentless bimbo Paris Hilton is bound to be. The cheap shots at her sex tapes were great though.

TerryTate
06-01-2005, 12:56 AM
Napoleon Dynamite....

bring the flames, that movie sucked....

NaboCane
06-01-2005, 01:05 AM

Dude, I am SO with you.

My GF and some friends dragged me to an outdoor showing at the Seattle Center (right under the Space Needle)...and let me tell you, it was sheer agony. I am not exaggerating, I was close to tears at one point, thinking I was going to have to sit through the whole thing - and that was about 45 mins in!

Finally my GF relented and told me she wouldn't be upset if I walked off to wait the film out at a local pub. Bless her heart. Beer never tasted better to me than that night!

themole
06-01-2005, 01:08 AM
Alright let's find out which movies you guys really disliked. I bring this up because today I watched "the life aquatic" and was disappointed. Normally I like movies that have a different type of comedy to them but this just didn't inspire me. Well here's the top 3 worst movies according to me.

1. The English Patient - A few years back I was on a kick of going to the video store and renting some Oscar type movies to see what the big deal was. I saw "Schindler's List" and it was fantastic. The next weekend was this load of garbage. The MOST boring movie ever. I'm serious nothing happened the whole movie!!!

2. A.I. - I saw this at the theater and almost got up and walked out which I've never done before. After the movie the group I was with said if I had gotten up they would have followed me.

3. Clifford - I don't think Martin Short was funny then or now. I just thought it was dumb.

I would rather sit through a marathon of Beaches, Steel Magnolias, and Terms of Endearment on the Lifetime channel than watch these again.

How about you guys???

Two come to mind for me. "Dunes" About some space marshmellow. And "They shoot horses don't they" starring Hanoi jane, this entire movie was in black and white and took place during the 1920s on the floor of a dance marathon.

Vol&dolfan
06-01-2005, 01:17 AM
I'm remember going to the movies to watch Dark City I ended up walking out it was the only movie I've ever walked out of.

Nublar7
06-01-2005, 01:17 AM
Supernova

Roman529
06-01-2005, 01:33 AM
I think the worse movie I have seen is either Water World with Kevin Costner, or Hudson Hawk with Bruce Willis. I have slept threw a few stinkers, but never walked out. Also, I can't watch a movie unless I have spme popcorn and soda.

Rafiki
06-01-2005, 01:52 AM
Any romantic movie where the dude screws it up and has to make it up in some lame predictable way. Why is it always the dude?

Yeah, that's it.

Muck
06-01-2005, 02:06 AM
I'm remember going to the movies to watch Dark City I ended up walking out it was the only movie I've ever walked out of.

I rented that one. Luckily there was a party going on in another part in the rest of the house. So we didn't have to suffer too long. I can't barely remember anything about that one.

Slappy8800
06-01-2005, 02:10 AM
Napoleon Dynamite....

bring the flames, that movie sucked....

No effing way....the movie ruled

Muck
06-01-2005, 02:11 AM
Wonder Boys.

Our first clue should have been that there was only one other person in the theater. After about 45 minutes, we left. I've never been so bored in my life. I wanted to set the place on fire.

Still can't believe the movie and the actors won so many awards.

Boone
06-01-2005, 02:32 AM
Dr. T and the Women....I was never so glad to see a movie end!

thewicked1isher
06-01-2005, 09:52 AM
Any romantic movie where the dude screws it up and has to make it up in some lame predictable way. Why is it always the dude?

Yeah, that's it.

Yeah I hate Chick Flicks too. Warning signs: Julia Roberts, Renee Zellwegger (SP?) Susan Sarandon, Hugh Grant.

Any of these names appearing in the credits is a guarantee that you are about to watch a chick flick.

WharfRat
06-01-2005, 10:37 AM
The Cat in the Hat.

SABA-TOOTH
06-01-2005, 10:40 AM
tom hanks in ladykillers... stupid stupid movie

i too like napoleon dynamite...

Noodle Arm
06-01-2005, 10:44 AM
Even though it hasn't opened yet...I know I'd want to leave The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. The title alone makes me cringe.

WharfRat
06-01-2005, 01:19 PM
Even though it hasn't opened yet...I know I'd want to leave The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. The title alone makes me cringe.

:yeahthat: :barf:

It seems like a horrid, teenage take-off of The Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood... which was a moderately acceptable chick-flick (main redeeming quality was the fact that Sandra Bullock was in it :drool: )

Quelonio
06-01-2005, 02:17 PM
I hated a movie called Bride and prejudice, mi roommate downloaded it, god was it awful

SCall13
06-01-2005, 02:19 PM
I won't give you the verbal abuse you so richly deserve for this (I AM SO JOKING!! :wink:)

My buddy has the same problem with the L.O.T.R. Trilogy...dude can't make it through 1/2 an hour...that being said.

It's the greatest movie series ever made...now I can get hammered by the Star Wars crowd...:tongue:

LOTR IS the best series, if not THE BEST movie(s) ever made.

SCall13
06-01-2005, 02:20 PM
Dumbest movie: The Britney Spears movie "Cross Roads" Dumb dumb dumb dumb DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMB

Quelonio
06-01-2005, 02:21 PM
tom hanks in ladykillers... stupid stupid movie

i too like napoleon dynamite...

This is one of those things where we agree to disagree, i loved the ladykillers. I watched it like 5 times. Then again I hated LOTR too, fell asleep in the first one, and actually prayed for the last one to finish already.

Buddwalk
06-01-2005, 03:16 PM
Napoleon Dynamite sucked horribly

I for one may be the only person on earth who hates Forest Gump

Roman529
06-01-2005, 03:21 PM
I also liked Ladykillers with Tom Hanks...it was far from the worst movie ever.

The best movie I have seen as of late was Sin City with Jessica Alba, my future wife....I am gonna buy it when it comes out on Video. :)

Uncle Rico
06-01-2005, 06:15 PM
Dumbest movie: The Britney Spears movie "Cross Roads" Dumb dumb dumb dumb DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMB

I didn't know she had a movie. How'd you get roped into watching that?

cnc66
06-01-2005, 06:21 PM
I hated a movie called Bride and prejudice, mi roommate downloaded it, god was it awful

Pride and Prejudice ?

Jt0323
06-01-2005, 06:37 PM
I hated Napoleon Dynamite

Uncle Rico
06-01-2005, 06:38 PM
Alright for all the Napoleon Dynamite haters. Come'on that can't be the WORST movie you've ever seen...

SCall13
06-01-2005, 07:17 PM
I didn't know she had a movie. How'd you get roped into watching that?

Just lucky I guess. Noo, I have an 8 year old daughter and a wife that tormented me with it.

DolphinDevil28
06-01-2005, 08:07 PM
The one movie that pops in my mind that was SOOOO BAD that I LOVE it,

is "Pootie Tang."

Anyone see that? It's so attrociously horribly revoltingly bad, that I love it and have watched it like 5 times. It's become legend within my family.

Quelonio
06-02-2005, 02:06 PM
Pride and Prejudice ?

No it is actually bride and prejudice, It is an Indian spin off from the original novel, it is done by the director of Bend It like Beckham, and it is really darn awful.

I also hated Napoleon Dynamite, and If i got to be really honest, I really disliked Sin City

FuturePhin
06-02-2005, 02:46 PM
HAHA, Sounds like my adventure but I was stuck at girlfriend at the time's house with her whole family. I wasnt quiet about it either. I was like how in the world can you people like this crap! Of course the stuck up pricks that they were, they raged on me..until I said screw it, grabed a hand full of popcorn, complained some more and fell asleep. Tears deff. describes it! Pure torture to say the least.

Dude, I am SO with you.

My GF and some friends dragged me to an outdoor showing at the Seattle Center (right under the Space Needle)...and let me tell you, it was sheer agony. I am not exaggerating, I was close to tears at one point, thinking I was going to have to sit through the whole thing - and that was about 45 mins in!

Finally my GF relented and told me she wouldn't be upset if I walked off to wait the film out at a local pub. Bless her heart. Beer never tasted better to me than that night!