PDA

View Full Version : Semi-pro football

WeVie
06-02-2005, 03:09 PM
My neighboring town now has semi-pro team called the Bluefield Barons. Does anyone know anything about semi-pro ball? I think it is pretty exciting. I may even try to get involved with it somehow or other. I would try out for the team but I doubt that would work very good. I freind of mine is playing though. He will be playing guard. He is 6'5" and weighs 360. He playing at Virginia Tech for two years but hated it so he came home.

Dolfan984
06-02-2005, 03:21 PM
I play for a semi pro team (The whole league is pretty much a farm system for arena and arena 2 teams) with our last game coming up this sat. It was my first year but I took and kept a starting receiver spot all year. (Being 6'4" helps though) If you haven't played in pads in a while (You're still young enough at 27 for sure though) just take it easy until your body starts getting used to being hit. Personally I'm going to play next year, and hopefully if I keep improving (Was 2nd on the team in rec yards this rookie year) I can get snagged by one of the local teams around my area (or anywhere in Cali would be fine for me) for a tryout.

It's cool your friend is trying out, but if you ever played football (in pads) before and still love it, I'd do it while you're still young enough to take the pounding. Playing organized ball in pads is sick.

WeVie
06-02-2005, 04:35 PM
So what is the talent level of the these leauges anyway? I did'nt think I would be good enough to make the team but maybe I am wrong? I did play in high school and loved it but now I have a bigger passion and a lot better understanding of the game than I ever did in high school. My friend has already made the team. They start play in august.

Do you make any money playng?

WeVie
06-02-2005, 04:39 PM
Here is a link to there web site.

http://eteamz.active.com/bluefieldbarons/