PDA

View Full Version : worst AFC team other than titans or browns

ch19079
06-03-2005, 04:29 PM
we all know the titans will suck
and the browns are a safe bet to suck.
so which team do you think will be the worst in the AFC, other than those 2?
and explain why...

here is a list of AFC teams:
pats
jets
bills
fins
steelers
ravens
bengals
colts
jags
texans
chargers
broncoes
Kansas City
oakland

arsenal
06-03-2005, 04:36 PM
tough *** quesitons, the AFC will be tough this year... it'll be like 2002 when all but like 3 teams were fighting for a playoff spot still with 2 games left...

if i had to pick from that list, id say
oakland (i think their defense actually get worse)
jags (if no fred taylor they'll have problems)
bills (im sorry not being bias but QB starting for the first time will be growing pains)

SkapePhin
06-03-2005, 04:37 PM
Either the Broncos or Bills imo.. Honestly.. For the Bills it all depends on Losman, but I think they took a step back this offseason, and will not have a good year.. The Broncos have been steadily declining, and ratface wont know what to do in the revamped AFC West.

Justasportsfan
06-03-2005, 04:37 PM
bills (im sorry not being bias but QB starting for the first time will be growing pains)Fins, having Feely learn a new system will be growing pains :lol:

FinNasty
06-03-2005, 04:39 PM
I have to go with the Broncos... There D is terrible besides Champ Bailey and Plummer is on the same level as Fiedler. They have been one of the most over rated teams the past couple of years (like the fins) and I think they will tank this year (just like we did last year) but not as bad... probably around the 6-10 range...

Nasty

SCall13
06-03-2005, 04:39 PM
I'm going to go with Oakland. They are a group of individuals who NO coach could possibly make into a TEAM. And Norv Turner doesn't exactly have a great track record as a head coach. No way will this team mesh. They will self destruct some time during camp. =) Seriously there are way to many "ME" players on the Raiders for them to be successful. Especially considering Turner is a "soft" coach. It would take Parcells or Shula to make this group a team.

ch19079
06-03-2005, 04:40 PM
Fins, having Feely learn a new system will be growing pains :lol:
you just found out why i posted this topic.

:hide:

ch19079
06-03-2005, 04:43 PM
i think oakland will be bad, but Collins is good. and they now have very good WRs. (maybe the best 2 WR tandom).

and the broncoes can always make a bum RB in to a 1300 yard guy, but they alwyas trade him and draft another on ein the 3rd... :confused2

BennyVW
06-03-2005, 04:48 PM
Broncos...They bought the entire browns really bad defensive line, and then drafted 3..thats right three corners in the draft, AS THEIR FIRST THREE PICKS!! John lynch is getting older, Tatum bell is great until you realize he couldnt catch a nerf ball with with velcro and Stick-em covering his entire body. Their running sytem is slowly fading away as they add bigger offensive lineman now that gibbs is gone.

ether79
06-03-2005, 04:52 PM
Broncos...They bought the entire browns really bad defensive line, and then drafted 3..thats right three corners in the draft, AS THEIR FIRST THREE PICKS!! John lynch is getting older, Tatum bell is great until you realize he couldnt catch a nerf ball with with velcro and Stick-em covering his entire body. Their running sytem is slowly fading away as they add bigger offensive lineman now that gibbs is gone.
Exactly. Also their recieving corps isn't that great with Smith continually declining Lelie never living up to his potential and Rice not being himself for a long time now and the West will rival the East in terms of being pretty rough from top to bottom. I see them going 5-11/6-10.

tay0365
06-03-2005, 04:53 PM
you just found out why i posted this topic.

:hide:

Yup, it is pretty obvious that Bills fans will favor the Bills, while Dolphins will favor the Dolphins....what did you expect :confused: :D

BenchFiedler
06-03-2005, 04:57 PM

Dam man, you got like 11,000 posts on a fins message board when you're bills fans..I post often and I'm far from being even in 1,000 posts mark ..What's the deal man? Are u a dolfan or what?

Justasportsfan
06-03-2005, 05:00 PM
..What's the deal man? Are u a dolfan or what?someone's got to educate some of these finfans around here. It's a hard job but someone's gotta do it. :D

MillerTime
06-03-2005, 05:05 PM
Oakland, Denver, and the Phins are my guess

The Titans will have the worst record IMO, you already mentioned them

Timmy54
06-03-2005, 05:09 PM
Talk about an unbiased view, not!!! Justa loves to bash the fins

JAcK o D1AmonDs
06-03-2005, 05:11 PM
Oakland,Denver and Titans maybe Bills (all depends on Losman). Denver has a mediocre d, Oakland has no D and Collins is to inconsistent so i Plummer. The Titans well they speak for themselves ot many big names losses all over. The Bills their D is in place St is in place on O the y need a TE and one more WR Eric Moulds has been slumping and their QB situation has yet to proves much like ours but to a bigger extent. They threw in a Rookie out of nowhere and said u start now and kicked out Bledsoe when he started to do decently, so Losman has alot of worth to prove in Buffalo.

MarksBrothers85
06-03-2005, 05:54 PM
The Oakland Raiders will be terrible. They have a sh*t head coach. I don't care if they got Randy Moss & Lamont Jordan. They're defense still sucks out loud. 3-13 for Oakland, mark my words.

thenicksabanera
06-03-2005, 06:27 PM
the bills

djfresh47
06-03-2005, 06:32 PM
the Dolphins, even with Saban they're going to struggle. I'm not very confident in the offensive line, defensive tackles, safeties, and Qb. Record wise I think they'll probably be one of the worst teams in the AFC, but they'll probably be a much better team at the end of the year than at the start. KC is my other consideration, I have little confidence in Priest staying healthy, and there WR core is still awful.

Mile High Fin
06-03-2005, 06:36 PM
Texans....

Boik14
06-03-2005, 06:40 PM
Broncos I believe are 1 of the 5 worst teams. they drafted 3 Cb's all of which are projects and the 1 that actually has long term value is more ready as a KR/PR than as a CB. Their DL was jetisoned for Clevelands of all teams so while there is potential there its an underachieving bunch that shannarat will really have to work on. At least the other bunch got them to 10-6. Plus they have plummer and their best wr is still a 35 year old rod smith who isnt the same player he was. Their young wr's watts and espcially Lelie still drop way too many passes. Their safeties are old, overrated(Lynch), and slow (Kennedy). The only respectable units I see there are the OL and LB's. There I think details it well.

I nominate the Texans after that. They have a lot of good young talent but young talent takes time to mature espcially at skill positions. i believe Carr will take another step foward but theres only so far foward you can go when your OL cant keep you upright. His skill set is outstanding though imo. The D front 7 needs some work as well. #2 wr is an issue though Gaffney could come into his own this year.

Oakland could be bad but i think their O can get them to 7-9 or 8-8.
Buffalo could be bad but i think the D can support Losman well enough to get to 8-8 or 9-7.

Other than those 4 teams + us I really dont see a lot of teams destined for losing records in the afc.

Dol-Fan Dupree
06-03-2005, 06:41 PM
someone's got to educate some of these finfans around here. It's a hard job but someone's gotta do it. :D

He is a finfan like Clumpy. Just doesn't want to admit it. Afraid that his Bill buddies will give him wedgies

Dol-Fan Dupree
06-03-2005, 06:41 PM
I am going to say the Broncos. They have too many turds on that team.

DolFan31
06-03-2005, 06:43 PM
In todays NFL, only a few things are certain:

Buffalo will never win a superbowl
NYJ will never go win another superbowl
There will never be another undefeated team

T tes
06-03-2005, 06:44 PM
and explain why...

pats
jets
bills
fins
steelers
ravens
bengals
colts
jags
texans
chargers
broncoes
Kansas City
oaklandI would say Oakland...they brought in new guys that can play, but Turner with have a hard time keeping them in line. Thats my opinion.

byroan
06-03-2005, 06:53 PM
I think the Colts and Pats will be the worst. :chuckle:

Whitedolphin54
06-03-2005, 06:56 PM
I think the Colts and Pats will be the worst. :chuckle:

Nice one shag

I think that the Raiders and the Jills will be worse

The raiders cause their D stinks, and the jills cause if they hadn't have come back from their bad start last year could have been worse than us :)

Losman7
06-03-2005, 07:40 PM
Oakland,Denver and Titans maybe Bills (all depends on Losman). Denver has a mediocre d, Oakland has no D and Collins is to inconsistent so i Plummer. The Titans well they speak for themselves ot many big names losses all over. The Bills their D is in place St is in place on O the y need a TE and one more WR Eric Moulds has been slumping and their QB situation has yet to proves much like ours but to a bigger extent. They threw in a Rookie out of nowhere and said u start now and kicked out Bledsoe when he started to do decently, so Losman has alot of worth to prove in Buffalo.

Listen, you are entitled to your opinion, and the Losman argument is valid, he has alot to prove.

But when you say that about Moulds it makes me wonder if you know what you're talking about.

Moulds in 04: Number 1 in the AFCE in Recieving Yards, Number four in the AFCE in TD's. Number 10 in the entire NFL in receptions

And Lee Evans was Number 1 in the ACFE in TD's, and Nuber 4 in the AFCE in yards.

With the addition of Parrish our wideouts are fine.

MelbournePhin
06-03-2005, 07:52 PM
you have no depth at WR losman7. roscoe parrish hasnt proved squat

Orange Porpoise
06-03-2005, 08:38 PM
My guess would be Jacksonville. They got lucky in alot of games last year, this year they won't and will be 5-11.

Hummer23
06-03-2005, 08:41 PM
The Broncos will definetly have a horrible year.

MelbournePhin
06-03-2005, 08:45 PM
My guess would be Jacksonville. They got lucky in alot of games last year, this year they won't and will be 5-11.

gotta disagree on that one. they are a young team on the rise. look for ernest wilford (sp) to have a breakout year. their D is nasty and Byron is a stud

WitheringPlant
06-03-2005, 08:48 PM
Listen, you are entitled to your opinion, and the Losman argument is valid, he has alot to prove.

But when you say that about Moulds it makes me wonder if you know what you're talking about.
I don't think most people can tell what he is saying anyway.

Roman529
06-03-2005, 08:50 PM
The Raiders....I love when they lose too.

MiamiD3003
06-03-2005, 08:51 PM
As far as i am concerned, the Bengals will struggle mightely this year. Lets face it they made no improvements in the offseason and Palmer isn't all he is cut out to be. Thats all i got to say about that.

first&goal
06-03-2005, 08:51 PM
My guess is....Denver, Bills and Oakland

JAcK o D1AmonDs
06-03-2005, 08:56 PM
I don't think most people can tell what he is saying anyway.

right :sleep:

THOMAS_54
06-03-2005, 10:09 PM
Texans, KC, Oakland, and unfortunatly us.

ch19079
06-03-2005, 10:12 PM
at first i thaught texans, but the texans have been able to win games, and have young tallent. D. Carr is improving and will surprise a lot of people.

my list would be: (from worst to less worse)
Broncos,
Fins,
Kansas City, (yeah i said it. you want to fight about it?? :D )
Raiders,
Bengals,
Jags,
Texans

jlfin
06-03-2005, 10:13 PM

He faced his growing pains last year. He'll be a better player as a result of it.

jlfin
06-03-2005, 10:15 PM
gotta disagree on that one. they are a young team on the rise. look for ernest wilford (sp) to have a breakout year. their D is nasty and Byron is a stud

I disagree on Leftwich. He hasn't lived up to his hype. Some in the media last year questioned whether his backup should start (Garrard??)

ch19079
06-03-2005, 10:17 PM
He faced his growing pains last year. He'll be a better player as a result of it.
he should be better. but i know some people will still not like him, and will blame him for some losses. unless he shows some VERY SERIOUS improvement, i wouldnt be surprised if the fins have a diffrent QB after this comming season.

Mike13
06-03-2005, 10:43 PM
and explain why...

pats
jets
bills
fins
steelers
ravens
bengals
colts
jags
texans
chargers
broncoes
Kansas City
oakland

Ahhhhhhhhhh a good yet tough question, this is a very tough confrence and the teams have talent, but IMO the worst teams are:

Jags: They proved that they are a good team, but they have problems, espcially with Taylor aching. 8-8.

Broncos - IMO Its Shanahan's last run this year, They have'nt done alot in the offseason, they just made strange moves. 7-9.

Browns - Crennel has a HUGE mess to clean up, they have had a decent offseason but they will be on the right track to bieng a good team 8-8 or 7-9.

P.S There are a few other teams that might go 8-8, and the Texans will probably have a 9-7 year, its time for them to step up. Nice thread.

305 LoCaL VoCaL
06-03-2005, 10:48 PM
the Dolphins, even with Saban they're going to struggle. I'm not very confident in the offensive line, defensive tackles, safeties, and Qb. Record wise I think they'll probably be one of the worst teams in the AFC, but they'll probably be a much better team at the end of the year than at the start. KC is my other consideration, I have little confidence in Priest staying healthy, and there WR core is still awful.

lol our defense line? thats ;probably our strongest and deepest positions :hmmm:
wow the people i meet on this board i swear

WitheringPlant
06-03-2005, 11:05 PM
right :sleep:
Um... ok. I don't think you quite understand what the ":sleep:" smiley means...

DolphinDevil28
06-04-2005, 12:27 AM
Lets face it they made no improvements in the offseason and Palmer isn't all he is cut out to be.

WHAT???

Guy, Carson Palmer is awesome. He was really coming on strong in the second half of last year, as he continues to develop.

I think Palmer breaks out this year. I wish he was a Dolphin.

In fact, out of the plethora of young qb's still developing, (Carr, Leftwich, Harrington, Brees, Palmer, etc...), I'd probably take Carson Palmer 1st out of all of those.

Look strictly at his stats from the last 4 games of last year.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6337

Megatron
06-04-2005, 12:46 AM
Either the Broncos or Bills imo.. Honestly.. For the Bills it all depends on Losman, but I think they took a step back this offseason, and will not have a good year.. The Broncos have been steadily declining, and ratface wont know what to do in the revamped AFC West.Shanahan will do what he always does........cheat.

finswin56
06-04-2005, 12:48 AM
Broncos for all the reasons stated before.
Cleveland is also in for a tough year. They just have too many holes.

Alien
06-04-2005, 01:01 AM
yea the broncos seem alot like us year, questionable personel moves and trying to break out of mediocrity. i have a feeling they could be 5-11 this year.

Wagon Circler
06-04-2005, 01:03 AM
Um, since the fins were the second worst team in football last year, I'll stick with the safe bet. Do you guys have selective memories or something?

Losman7
06-04-2005, 12:32 PM
you have no depth at WR losman7. roscoe parrish hasnt proved squat

You're right he hasn't.

But how much depth do you need at wideout?

we have two quality starters (Moulds and Evans) PArrish is fast, Josh Reed is still on the team, he's had a rough couple years, but he's not terrible for a #4 guy. Sam Aiken should also get more of a chance this year.

But all in all, we are a running team.

Prime
06-04-2005, 12:42 PM
I think that the Broncos will finally fall this year. There draft was horrible and their offseason pick ups was horrible aswell. After this year the Broncos will be a new team with a new coach.