PDA

View Full Version : MERGED: Technology Advice: IPOD mini

poornate
06-04-2005, 01:25 AM
Mods.please let this live for a minute in the main forum for me. Then! to the lounge?

Allright guys. I don't want to sound dumb, but I need some help. I have been using Musicmatch Jukebox for at least 7 years. I have been dying for an Ipod mini and my wife got me one for my birthday yesterday. i started loading the software when I noticed a tag line that says Itunes must become my default player. I do not want to switch my 22,858 songs to Itunes. Nor do I know how. I can't help but believe that there is some kind of solution, but everything I see says there is no plug-in and basically I cannot have my cake and eat it, too. I have to go to bed but will eagerly check this for around the next five minutes and as soon as I get a chance in the morning. Natey wants his new toy ssssooooooo bbbbbbaaaaddddddd......

poornate
06-04-2005, 01:29 AM
....and like a dummy who needs sleep this is in the lounge. Great....HELP!!!!!

:lol:

poornate
06-04-2005, 01:33 AM
Mods.please let this live for a minute in the main forum for me. Then! to the lounge?I just want a few people who are smarter than me to see it.....

Allright guys. I don't want to sound dumb, but I need some help. I have been using Musicmatch Jukebox for at least 7 years. I have been dying for an Ipod mini and my wife got me one for my birthday yesterday. i started loading the software when I noticed a tag line that says Itunes must become my default player. I do not want to switch my 22,858 songs to Itunes. Nor do I know how. I can't help but believe that there is some kind of solution, but everything I see says there is no plug-in and basically I cannot have my cake and eat it, too. I have to go to bed but will eagerly check this for around the next five minutes and as soon as I get a chance in the morning. Natey wants his new toy ssssooooooo bbbbbbaaaaddddddd......

Megatron
06-04-2005, 01:36 AM
Mods.please let this live for a minute in the main forum for me. Then! to the lounge?I just want a few people who are smarter than me to see it.....

Allright guys. I don't want to sound dumb, but I need some help. I have been using Musicmatch Jukebox for at least 7 years. I have been dying for an Ipod mini and my wife got me one for my birthday yesterday. i started loading the software when I noticed a tag line that says Itunes must become my default player. I do not want to switch my 22,858 songs to Itunes. Nor do I know how. I can't help but believe that there is some kind of solution, but everything I see says there is no plug-in and basically I cannot have my cake and eat it, too. I have to go to bed but will eagerly check this for around the next five minutes and as soon as I get a chance in the morning. Natey wants his new toy ssssooooooo bbbbbbaaaaddddddd...... The Ipod Mini can only accept tunes from Itunes. Also you cannot plug your mini into another persons computer and get the music, copyright feature in the Itunes software. There are hacking programs to allow you to break this function. Google my friend.

db32
06-04-2005, 04:17 AM

Unfortunately, the post above hit the nail on the head. I personally have a distaste for AAC files, so when it comes to ipod's I'm out.

But, if you're using a widows OS (operating system, just threw it in case you didn't know), there's registry entries you can change to declare your defualt media player. If you're not into that sort 'a thing, then if there's a customer support link you can find on their website contact them to see how to change it back to whatever media player you prefer. Strangely enough, that's what I end up telling most people. Contact the vendor, but at least I don't charge 'em for it :D .

poornate
06-04-2005, 09:30 AM
1.Do all players do the same types of things?

2.I stopped installing the software last night but for some reason it already jacked upi Musicmatch and I can't get any songs to play in it?

3.If I set MMJB as my default player can I still access all my songs through ITUNES to load them on my IPOD?

4.Can you share music using other types of personal MP3 players?
I am so dissappointed that a manufacturer has to go and F up what I thjought was going to be a great thing....

poornate
06-04-2005, 03:15 PM
Folks....surely someone can help me with some of this. i really am not very savy and would appreciate some input.....

Megatron
06-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Folks....surely someone can help me with some of this. i really am not very savy and would appreciate some input.....Dude I did help you. You must use Itunes to transfer music to your Ipod. Let Itunes import your library. Then go to control panel/folder options/file types. Change the file association for mp3 to whatever you used to use and bingo your old player is the default again. Just remember that you have to use Itunes to transfer the tunes to the Ipod Mini.:)