PDA

View Full Version : PS3 news (it's not good)

Clark Kent
06-04-2005, 11:08 AM
http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=36063&subsectionid=1585

PlayStation 3's GPU (graphics processing unit) has yet to be finished, according to nVidia's chief financial officer Mary Burkett.

Burkett, speaking at the recent JP Morgan Technology Conference in San Francisco, explained that the chip - currently codenamed RSX - is still in production. As such, it couldn't have been used to generate any of Sony's supposed realtime PS3 tech demos that were shown at the company's pre-E3 conference last week.

All the e3 demos (killzone for one) were fake. Sony claimed they were real... Also, there are a lot of rumors about the cell processor having many problems overheating. Sony says the PS3 will luanch in Q1 of '06... Highly unlikely.

WVECOMMISH1
06-04-2005, 12:24 PM
too bad too many lies peeps cant keep it real!

#84Fan4Life
06-04-2005, 01:46 PM
Sony using lie tactics, what a shock. I don't believe a damn word that they say. The PS3 will be lucky to be out just before Christmas of 2006.

ohall
06-04-2005, 01:56 PM
Also if nVIDIA is infamous for not reaching their hardware deadlines. I love nVIDIA, but recently that is what they have been known for.

I'm sure the PS3 will be a better machine as far as it's speed, but just when will it be released? Can they really make it by late Sping 2006? My bet is no.

Clark Kent
06-04-2005, 05:34 PM
Also if nVIDIA is infamous for not reaching their hardware deadlines. I love nVIDIA, but recently that is what they have been known for.

I'm sure the PS3 will be a better machine as far as it's speed, but just when will it be released? Can they really make it by late Sping 2006? My bet is no.Not to mention the Q4 launch is most profitable... Makes no sense (IMO) to release it before then...

Slappy8800
06-04-2005, 07:25 PM
hahahahahahahahahaha....OWNED

Buddwalk
06-04-2005, 07:52 PM
People said after E3 that many sony is really the top competitor in the gaming industry but as of now with these lies...there taking the path of SEGA...they will drop out of the gaming wars, and there system maybe being a year behind XBOX 360 will drop them out. Nintendo however always finds away to sell there console no matter when they release it...cause well its nintendo

Wildbill3
06-04-2005, 08:36 PM
hmmm, the xbox 360 is looking more and more like a winner before the game has even begun, and I think I know which nxtgen system I am going to buy. (well that and the revolution, just because I love old school nintendo, and zelda games.)

Clark Kent
06-04-2005, 09:16 PM
People said after E3 that many sony is really the top competitor in the gaming industry but as of now with these lies...there taking the path of SEGA...they will drop out of the gaming wars, and there system maybe being a year behind XBOX 360 will drop them out. Nintendo however always finds away to sell there console no matter when they release it...cause well its nintendo

Sony does have loyal fans, so I doubt it matters. They've never had a system fail, so...

However, many of the sony exclusives are becoming multi platform games (like GTA, and now FF which I hate, but some people love).

Also, Sony needs to get an online service. Sure theirs were free, but they were horrible (and XBL is very good).

Nintendo is rumored to be making a free service for the revolution... However, theres might be pretty good (doing something with Radio waves potentially)/

Buddwalk
06-04-2005, 09:48 PM
Sony does have loyal fans, so I doubt it matters. They've never had a system fail, so...

However, many of the sony exclusives are becoming multi platform games (like GTA, and now FF which I hate, but some people love).

Also, Sony needs to get an online service. Sure theirs were free, but they were horrible (and XBL is very good).

Nintendo is rumored to be making a free service for the revolution... However, theres might be pretty good (doing something with Radio waves potentially)/

Both GTA and FF will now be on the xbox...sony has no exclusive rights to a multimillion dollar game anymore. Sony is done for

FuturePhin
06-05-2005, 01:48 AM
)/

Im on my third Ps2 do to problems. First one the dvd player didnt work...2nd..very slow graphics..and now this..and this was when they just came out! I couldnt beleive you pay $3xx dollars and I got crap, but for some odd reason Im still loyal to the Playstation. Thats a shame that the Killzone vid was fake. I would of been in heaven with that game as it was!

mor911
06-05-2005, 12:57 PM
Even more awesome news from the wonderful liars at Sony. Their hinting that they may ship without a harddrive. Fact or fiction? I don't know. Seems to me like they're testing the waters to see how people react. Why would they ship without a harddrive? To keep the unit price lower maybe... But I dunno.

In an interview published in the latest issue of Famitsu, Sony Computer Entertainment corporate executive and chief technical officer Masayuki Chatanai revealed his company is undecided on whether the PlayStation 3 with ship with a compact 2.5-inch hard drive.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/02/news_6126832.html

DonShula84
06-05-2005, 03:49 PM

They wont drop out of the gaming war because they lied, get real. There system will come out, maybe a bit later than they said, but still next year and sell tons of units.

DonShula84
06-05-2005, 03:57 PM
At the end of the article it says Xbox was doing a similar thing at E3

Microsoft isn't entirely faultless either, however, with playable demo units on the E3 show floor - which at face value appeared to be running on the displayed Xbox 360s - in fact, being powered by Apple G5s and Xenon development units behind the scenes.

finsrule84
06-05-2005, 05:10 PM

yeah but that means that games for the 360 are going to look even better since the XBOX 360 is obviously more powerful than the G5s

Clark Kent
06-05-2005, 07:08 PM

Everyone knew the XBOX 360 wasn't at E3, they were using dev kits. The article makes fun of them using apple to do so though.

THOMAS_54
06-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Those are the worst controllers ever.

Slappy8800
06-09-2005, 12:12 AM
Those are the worst controllers ever.

http://www.nitrolic.com/ps3controller1.php

Motion
06-09-2005, 06:36 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good one!

Slappy8800
06-10-2005, 10:41 AM
Banana Phone!!

SabanSucks
06-12-2005, 11:44 PM
The demo's at E3 were digitally rendered. That's how it's always been. The first demos at the PS2 launch were shown the same way. Everbody knows that, so i don't know how you can say Sony lied.?.

Stupid fish fans.

Clark Kent
06-13-2005, 12:17 AM
The demo's at E3 were digitally rendered. That's how it's always been. The first demos at the PS2 launch were shown the same way. Everbody knows that, so i don't know how you can say Sony lied.?.

Stupid fish fans. Sony said they were real time... That's the reason for saying they lied.

Pagan
06-13-2005, 09:48 AM

Stupid fish fans.
Let's see....Sony says they're actual footage, we find out they're not. Sounds like a lie to me.

Stupid fan of some team you're too stupid to even tell us. ;)

mor911
06-13-2005, 09:54 AM

Stupid fish fans.
:ban:

Well.... Guess there's nothing in TOS for being an idiot. :rofl3:

SabanSucks
06-15-2005, 01:30 PM
Let's see....Sony says they're actual footage, we find out they're not. Sounds like a lie to me.

Stupid fan of some team you're too stupid to even tell us. ;)

When did Sony say that they had a completed PS3? Give a link.

The link from the original post was an interview with a spokesman for Nvidia. Not Sony. Sony never claimed to have a working PS3. And certainly never claimed that the demos at E3 were being produced real-time on a finished PS3. Wouldn't the fact that there wasn't a guy sitting in front of the audience with a controller in his hand tip you off as such? Use some common sense. If Sony had a completed PS3, why would the expected launch time still be more than a year away?

If you were around back then, you would remember that the same issue was raised with the launch of the PS2, with real world games still never living up to the tech demos presented.

SabanSucks
06-15-2005, 01:33 PM
:ban:

Well.... Guess there's nothing in TOS for being an idiot. :rofl3:

Did you just call me an idiot? Is that a violation of the TOS? I'll hit the report button and let the mods sort it out.

Clark Kent
06-15-2005, 02:16 PM
When did Sony say that they had a completed PS3? Give a link.

The link from the original post was an interview with a spokesman for Nvidia. Not Sony. Sony never claimed to have a working PS3. And certainly never claimed that the demos at E3 were being produced real-time on a finished PS3. Wouldn't the fact that there wasn't a guy sitting in front of the audience with a controller in his hand tip you off as such? Use some common sense. If Sony had a completed PS3, why would the expected launch time still be more than a year away?

If you were around back then, you would remember that the same issue was raised with the launch of the PS2, with real world games still never living up to the tech demos presented.

Working PS3? WTF you talking about? There was no working XBOX 360 either... It was about the Dev kits. Without ANYTHING completed on the PS3, they had "real-time" demo. That's the lie... The entire PS3 doesn't need to be completed.

SabanSucks
06-15-2005, 04:53 PM
Working PS3? WTF you talking about? There was no working XBOX 360 either... It was about the Dev kits. Without ANYTHING completed on the PS3, they had "real-time" demo. That's the lie... The entire PS3 doesn't need to be completed.

Why would you care either way? Assuming you understand that a Dev kit could and most likely would be very different hardware wise from the completed system, what's the difference? The demos for these things have always been rendered.

!!Wolf!!
06-18-2005, 08:03 AM
that **** isnt gonna stand up against the 360

FinsNCanes
06-22-2005, 11:41 AM
Sorry..but the PS3 will most likely blow the XBOX 360 outta the water. As far as I know (when both products are finished) the PS3 will be more powerful. Not that it would matter either way because the PS2 has better (comparable) graphics to the XBOX now. Not to mention Microsoft can't really make **** for games.

Deus Ex Dolphin
06-22-2005, 02:22 PM
Sorry..but the PS3 will most likely blow the XBOX 360 outta the water. As far as I know (when both products are finished) the PS3 will be more powerful. Not that it would matter either way because the PS2 has better (comparable) graphics to the XBOX now. Not to mention Microsoft can't really make **** for games.

The PS2 has better graphics than the Xbox? MS can't make games?

Are you joking? It seems like your joking, or the biggest Sony fanboy in the world.

Play Halo2 or Forza Motosports and get back to me...

mor911
06-22-2005, 02:27 PM
He has obviously never seen a PS2 and Xbox side by side. :D

DonShula84
06-22-2005, 05:11 PM
I didnt think the Halo 2 graphics were anything special to be honest with you. Not saying PS2 graphics were better, it doesnt really matter to me