PDA

View Full Version : How many of you guys..

John Biello
06-05-2005, 11:52 AM
Got to see marino play live. ( i used to see him every year in foxboro from like 90 and up ) and i feel very fortunate for that. also i was wondering if any of you guys have had the pleasure of meeting the most gifted passer in the history of our sport...is he a nice guy and all genuine, how is his personality?

Jt0323
06-05-2005, 11:53 AM
Got to see marino play live. ( i used to see him every year in foxboro from like 90 and up ) and i feel very fortunate for that. also i was wondering if any of you guys have had the pleasure of meeting the most gifted passer in the history of our sport...is he a nice guy and all genuine, how is his personality?

i saw him play once against the jets...even tho they lost i was glad to watch him play

byroan
06-05-2005, 12:16 PM
Saw him live in 96' I think it was. We lost @ Oakland but I'll never forget watching Marino. He gave me a thumbs up when he walked back into the locker room at halftime. Me and my dad were the only ones in that section wearing Phins gear.

Buddwalk
06-05-2005, 12:36 PM
My mom saw his last game at Pitt when he played Notre Dame...and lost

Predaphin
06-05-2005, 01:00 PM
I had the pleasure to see him play live...vs. the Raiders when Jeff hostetler was their QB. We lost that game. :(

Jt0323
06-05-2005, 01:03 PM
did anyone see him win?

John Biello
06-05-2005, 01:07 PM
do u guys remember a game we played in foxboro, i forget the year, towards the end for dan though, cuz we had karim, i believe jabbar got stuffed at the goaline 2 different times that game. we were getting crushed and dan brought us all the way back. but we lost when abdul jabbar couldnt get into the endzone. dan hit it up for over 300 that day, 340 something i think, but he also tossed 2 pick 6's if i remember correctly, out patterns right in front of my section. that kinda sucked. but he just kept slinging it though and never got rattled. its a shame he had such terrible teams at the end of his career.

Jt0323
06-05-2005, 01:13 PM
do u guys remember a game we played in foxboro, i forget the year, towards the end for dan though, cuz we had karim, i believe jabbar got stuffed at the goaline 2 different times that game. we were getting crushed and dan brought us all the way back. but we lost when abdul jabbar couldnt get into the endzone. dan hit it up for over 300 that day, 340 something i think, but he also tossed 2 pick 6's if i remember correctly, out patterns right in front of my section. that kinda sucked. but he just kept slinging it though and never got rattled. its a shame he had such terrible teams at the end of his career.

its a shame that he never had a running game or defense...he had the d at the end of his career but the running game came when he retired...

John Biello
06-05-2005, 01:19 PM
i saw us beat the pats quite a few times earlier in his career. once in 92 i believe 16-13 in ot final game of the season. my grandfather knew alot of patriots execs, kraft himself, the old coach dick mcpherson, so i actually saw a few from the exectuive boxes. he even knew barry swtizer, so when i was young i had it pretty good, unfortunetly he passed away . i didnt realize how lucky i was, because now i have no connections at all. i was to young to appreciate it then. i also saw a 23-3 beat down of the pats down on the visitors side ( my stepfather had great seats ). it was only after danny left that we really started getting it handed to us in foxboro and later gillette by the patsies

Jt0323
06-05-2005, 01:23 PM
Marino is the reason im a fin fan!

John Biello
06-05-2005, 01:37 PM
me2 man me 2, hey jt. you accept pms? got a question about the sig shop if you dont mind

Jt0323
06-05-2005, 01:38 PM
sure

Predaphin
06-05-2005, 05:34 PM
Marino is the reason im a fin fan!

same here, and I almost got a chance to see him win as well...I went twice to see him play vs the raiders, but the second time I went, he was already injued and on the sidelines...we won that game with Huard though.

John Biello
06-05-2005, 05:48 PM
any of you guys do that game sharing network thing on here, i was thinking about it, cuz ive seen a few games pop up that i remember from ages ago and id like to be able to view them, but i hear it takes forever to dl and its kind of a pain.

DonShula84
06-05-2005, 06:07 PM
Never had the pleasure unfortunately. I was in SD once when the fins were there for a preseason game, but I couldnt get my family to go to the game so I missed my one chance.

john00agent
06-05-2005, 08:10 PM
Many times. My first was vs the Jets. I believe it was 84 MNF. second time was the greatest game ever.....Bears 85!!!!

John Biello
06-05-2005, 09:28 PM
to young to remember anything but highlights. i do remember the tipped pass that clayton pulled in for a touch down. some of my early favorite dolphins memories came from the late 80's early 90's, especially the playoff game in buffalo, which we lost 44-34. but it was snowing and it was a heck of a shoot out. i also remember claytons catch in the overtime game vs chicago 16-13. 90 is when things really started to stick in my mind, i wish i was around to have seen marino in 84

LtDan
06-06-2005, 06:41 AM
I saw him play in Pittsburgh around 85', in Buffalo in 94', in Tampa in 96'(?) and in Dallas is 99'. 1 win 3 losses.

ILPhinFan88
06-06-2005, 09:33 AM
Seen him many times in Indy, alot were come from behind wins. That made it even better when surronded by by Colts fans running thier mouth all game.

dolfan_101
06-06-2005, 11:08 AM
Saw him live in 96' I think it was. We lost @ Oakland but I'll never forget watching Marino. He gave me a thumbs up when he walked back into the locker room at halftime. Me and my dad were the only ones in that section wearing Phins gear.

I was at that game also, unforgetable.