PDA

View Full Version : David Banner Vs. Q-Tip

finataxia24
06-05-2005, 10:50 PM
Q-Tip emerges from the underground with "For The Nasty," which features his old compadre Busta Rhymes (http://music.ign.com/objects/627/627025.html). Banner, for his part, delivers the thumping "Ain't Got Nothing," which features newcomers Magic and Lil' Boosie.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/06/pixy-1.gif http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/06/davidbanner145_1117243184-1.jpg
David Banner joint. (http://music.ign.com/articles/619/619402p1.html)
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/06/pixy-1.gif http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/06/blank145_1117243358-1.jpg
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/06/pixy-1.gif http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/06/qtip145_1117243297-1.jpg
Q-Tip cut (http://music.ign.com/articles/619/619392p1.html)

#1 Fan
06-05-2005, 10:54 PM
i bet q-tip sings in this album too. i don't know what happened to that man, because he used to be cool.

PHINATIC13
06-05-2005, 10:58 PM
Heck I thought this thread was going to be about the Hulk :confused: :D

wazzy
06-05-2005, 11:01 PM
David Banner is the man but Q-tip had his moments many years ago with breathe a stop(i think) and vibrant thing

finataxia24
06-05-2005, 11:09 PM
those are links to both of the songs

:rolleyes: :shakeno: :goof: :tongue: ;) :evil: :)

Nappy Roots
06-06-2005, 02:01 AM
i dont understand what this thread is bout.

if your askin who was the better mc, i guess david banner, but i think their both garbage

finataxia24
06-06-2005, 02:11 AM
q tip isn't garbage, you just don't know what you are talking about.

Nappy Roots
06-06-2005, 02:33 AM

:lol: alright, well was that the question? or did i say that for no reason.

now if you want to start an thread bout good rappers and which one better should of started something like tupac and biggie or heres one for everyone.....

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif vs. http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

first, whos the better MC, 2nd, who won their battle?

Martel
06-06-2005, 02:54 AM
David Banner is the man but Q-tip had his moments many years ago with breathe a stop(i think) and vibrant thing

If you think Q had his "moments" with "Breathe and Stop" and "Vibrant Thing", you may want to pick up the A Tribe Called Quest anthology.

Q-Tip is not garbage by the way. He may not be the lyricist that some are, but he was involved on some serious classic hip-hop records. He is more of a unique style rapper (i.e., Snoop, 50, Lil Wayne) as opposed to devastating rhymers (Jay, Nas, Pac, Biggie, Eminem). All this is JMO, of course.

Nappy Roots
06-06-2005, 02:58 AM
im not dissing a tribe called quest, i have just always thought q-tip was the weakest and i just never liked his sound or flow. but that is my opinion, im just statin it

Fresh
06-06-2005, 03:02 AM
Q-Tip is an awful rapper and I'd never waste my time listening to his sh-t. I was happy when he got shot in "Poetic Justice" by the dude who shot Ricky in "Boyz N The Hood".....that's my favorite part of the movie.

As for David Banner, dude seriously needs to stop rapping because his metaphores and his voice are annoying as hell. He's a hell of a producer and he should stick to that. Maybe a verse or two here or there, a song or two...but damn bruh, stop making solo albums. He's not Kanye West, Dr. Dre, Mannie Fresh, or any of those dudes. He's not that versatile. Stick to producing, Banner.

Lil Wayne(followed him his hold career - from Hot Boy$ to The Block Is Hot to Sqad Up mixtapes to now & Young Money), T.I., Juelz Santana, Papoose, B.G., & Cassidy are probably the hottest rappers out right now.

Nappy Roots
06-06-2005, 03:34 AM
Q-Tip is an awful rapper and I'd never waste my time listening to his sh-t. I was happy when he got shot in "Poetic Justice" by the dude who shot Ricky in "Boyz N The Hood".....that's my favorite part of the movie.

As for David Banner, dude seriously needs to stop rapping because his metaphores and his voice are annoying as hell. He's a hell of a producer and he should stick to that. Maybe a verse or two here or there, a song or two...but damn bruh, stop making solo albums. He's not Kanye West, Dr. Dre, Mannie Fresh, or any of those dudes. He's not that versatile. Stick to producing, Banner.

Lil Wayne(followed him his hold career - from Hot Boy$ to The Block Is Hot to Sqad Up mixtapes to now & Young Money), T.I., Juelz Santana, Papoose, B.G., & Cassidy are probably the hottest rappers out right now.

im not a juelz fan but i feel you on the others. although cassidy is borderline for me. takin Jays line like that:rolleyes: , but hes got some hot lyrics

plus, i dont like how he proclaims himself the greatest living rapper. Nas could of dropped Illmatic and fell off the face of the earth and still be head and shoulders above Cassidy. obviously he aint be on the history of hip hop, cause he might of heard of someone called KRS One or Rakim. honestly i could go on and on with people that would murder cassidy. although i have heard some of his freestyles, and their sick, that aint what this games all about.

Fresh
06-06-2005, 03:47 AM
im not a juelz fan but i feel you on the others. although cassidy is borderline for me. takin Jays line like that:rolleyes: , but hes got some hot lyrics

Cass is borderline for me as well because his debut album was average at best. However, on the mixtape level...his improvement shows, and I've got about 5 or 6 tracks(not including "Ima Hustla" & "Ima Hustla Remix") on his new album and they're all on point. There's a track on there with Wayne & Fabolous...man, that song is fire.

I know you're from the South just like me, so it's hard to really get into a New York rapper. I mean damn, they don't show us any love outside of Outkast, Wayne, & T.I. But I've always been a fan of Cam'Ron even though he says a lot of stupid stuff, and Juelz just grew onto me. I didn't like him when I first heard Diplomatic Immunity vol.1 or his debut album, From Me To U. Back Like Cooked Crack volumes 1 & 2 are the only mixtapes I've ever listened to ALMOST as much as Lil Wayne's Sqad Up & Young Money mixtapes. He really stepped his game up, and he has grown onto me quickly.

Wayne & T.I. are easily the Kings of the South. Check that, Lil Wayne is. Everybody looks at T.I. when it comes to the K.O.T.S., but Weezy has him by a landslide. Man, I wish Juvenile & B.G. would sign back with Cash Money & Turk would be found innocent. Imagine a Hot Boy$ reunion? That's really "what the game's been missin"

Get that Young Money mixtape if you like Lil Wayne...check out Mack Maine & Curren$y(Weezy's first signees for YME), they'll leave you fiendin' for more.

Nappy Roots
06-06-2005, 03:54 AM
Cass is borderline for me as well because his debut album was average at best. However, on the mixtape level...his improvement shows, and I've got about 5 or 6 tracks(not including "Ima Hustla" & "Ima Hustla Remix") on his new album and they're all on point. There's a track on there with Wayne & Fabolous...man, that song is fire.

I know you're from the South just like me, so it's hard to really get into a New York rapper. I mean damn, they don't show us any love outside of Outkast, Wayne, & T.I. But I've always been a fan of Cam'Ron even though he says a lot of stupid stuff, and Juelz just grew onto me. I didn't like him when I first heard Diplomatic Immunity vol.1 or his debut album, From Me To U. Back Like Cooked Crack volumes 1 & 2 are the only mixtapes I've ever listened to ALMOST as much as Lil Wayne's Sqad Up & Young Money mixtapes. He really stepped his game up, and he has grown onto me quickly.

Wayne & T.I. are easily the Kings of the South. Man, I wish Juvenile & B.G. would sign back with Cash Money & Turk would be found innocent. Imagine a Hot Boy$ reunion? That's really "what the game's been missin"

well i agree that as of right now TI is king of the south. Waynes "Tha Carter" was one of the best albums to come out in 04' without a doubt. TIs taking over everything right now tho. obviously some people dont like Young Buck as much as me, most likely cause of 50, but ehh, i still think hes hot.

also, bout cash money, throw down any beat, along with Turk, Juve, and Wayne on any track, its bound to be crazy. thats some of that old school **** that i still listen to, with Mannie laying down the beat, hip hop was in alot better state when they were all together.

Nappy Roots
06-06-2005, 03:59 AM
Get that Young Money mixtape if you like Lil Wayne...check out Mack Maine & Curren$y(Weezy's first signees for YME), they'll leave you fiendin' for more.

yea, my boy was tellin bout him last night. i havent got it yet, but i will.

man i was just playin that classic Hot Boys - Get It How U Live a couple days ago. im gonna feel that album to the day i die probably.

Fresh
06-06-2005, 04:05 AM
well i agree that as of right now TI is king of the south. Waynes "Tha Carter" was one of the best albums to come out in 04' without a doubt. TIs taking over everything right now tho. obviously some people dont like Young Buck as much as me, most likely cause of 50, but ehh, i still think hes hot.

also, bout cash money, throw down any beat, along with Turk, Juve, and Wayne on any track, its bound to be crazy. thats some of that old school **** that i still listen to, with Mannie laying down the beat, hip hop was in alot better state when they were all together.

I look at Weezy as the K.O.T.S. because he does it on the album & mixtape level. Dude is 22-years old with 17 total albums out(counting HB'z, solo, & mixtapes). All of them are hot with the exception of 500 Degreez(that was an okay album). His game has improved drastically over the last year. The difference from the HB'z(1997-2003) days to the Sqad Up Mixtapes(2001-2003) to The Carter(July 2004) to the new Young Money Mixtape(January 2005) & Gangsta Grillz Mixtape(2005) is crazy. Dude is smart as hell too, he actually goes to the University of Houston. T.I. is a very close second, IMO...and they're good friends(they've done about 3 songs together & T.I. is gonna be on The Carter II in August).

As for Buck, I like him. Yeah, the whole 50 Cent thing kinda brings him down a bit, but he's nice. It's a shame he couldn't stick around with Cash Money when he was there - they could really use him now with Juve, Gizzle, & Turk gone. Birdman's desperate out there signing these Philly cats like Six Shot, Boo & Gotti, etc. trying to fit them in the New Orleans style.

I thought I was the only dude on here who bumps old Cash Money sh-t every day. Old Big Tymers, old Wayne, old B.G., old Turk, old Juvenile..whatever. Anything Mannie Fresh touches is hot, and his album is funny as hell. But when Turk got locked up, Baby posted bail & they said if he gets out...he'll re-up with CMR. That would be nice.

It's a shame Weezy didn't sign with the Roc when Jigga proposed him a contract. He said he has some "unfinished business" to do at Cash Money & Universal "showed him the millions."

Btw, That new Lil Wayne song is crazy too...Lil Wayne - Shorty Bounce

Fresh
06-06-2005, 04:11 AM
yea, my boy was tellin bout him last night. i havent got it yet, but i will.

man i was just playin that classic Hot Boys - Get It How U Live a couple days ago. im gonna feel that album to the day i die probably.

Oh yeah - it's funny hearing that CD because Wayne was like 14, B.G. was like 17, & Turk was like 16. That's the cd with that "Block Burner" track on there, right? Turk's "Infared Dot" is the best song on that album.

Out of all my boys, I'm the only one who thinks Turk's post-CMR albums are better than B.G.'s. Young & Thuggin(his only CMR cd) was hot, but damn...I was feelin that Raw & Uncut too. Kenoe's a pretty good producer, he was supposed to be on C-Murder's label. The Heart of tha Streetz is real though, B.G.'s back.

As for that YME mixtape, yeah...download that. You can download it/listen to it free right here: http://youngmoneyent.com/. I don't care for Boo on YME though, that Philly sh-t just doesn't fit in.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Nappy Roots
06-06-2005, 04:12 AM
I thought I was the only dude on here who bumps old Cash Money sh-t every day. Old Big Tymers, old Wayne, old B.G., old Turk, old Juvenile..whatever. Anything Mannie Fresh touches is hot, and his album is funny as hell. But when Turk got locked up, Baby posted bail & they said if he gets out...he'll re-up with CMR. That would be nice.

It's a shame Weezy didn't sign with the Roc when Jigga proposed him a contract. He said he has some "unfinished business" to do at Cash Money & Universal "showed him the millions."

Btw, That new Lil Wayne song is crazy too...Lil Wayne - Shorty Bounce

Mannie is definitly a top notch producer. that would be tight as hell if Turk could hook back up with mannie and dem, but i dunno. there was a lot said after what they did to turk and after him leaving.

yea i heard that soung, its on The Longest Yards sound track. one of by boys who doesnt even like wayne that much was feelin that song when i put it on.

im goin to bed tho, Peace:sleep:

Nappy Roots
06-06-2005, 04:14 AM
Oh yeah - it's funny hearing that CD because Wayne was like 14, B.G. was like 17, & Turk was like 16. That's the cd with that "Block Burner" track on there, right? Turk's "Infared Dot" is the best song on that album.

Out of all my boys, I'm the only one who thinks Turk's post-CMR albums are better than B.G.'s. Young & Thuggin(his only CMR cd) was hot, but damn...I was feelin that Raw & Uncut too. Kenoe's a pretty good producer, he was supposed to be on C-Murder's label. The Heart of tha Streetz is real though, B.G.'s back.

As for that YME mixtape, yeah...download that. You can download it/listen to it free right here: http://youngmoneyent.com/. I don't care for Boo on YME though, that Philly sh-t just doesn't fit in.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

thanks dogg, definitly bout to copt that tomorrow

dolfan_101
06-06-2005, 11:11 AM

I think q is the best of the two.

Nappy Roots
06-06-2005, 01:40 PM
X-Con, this Mixtape is absolutly disgusting. my favorite was probably Breathe, and Drop it like its Hot, every song is hot though. they are flowing with the beat and track perfect. definilty hot. lyrics are :eek:!!

Drop it like its Hot

"im a hot boy, i drive a hot car, the type of nigga get brain in a cop car"
:eek:
"when i heard this song i got alittle upset, then i thought to myself, what havent i done yet"

"nah i aint a hater, dont get me wrong, i made it hot like line you made it a hot song"
:muck:

Obviously there tons of more hot lines, but those are some of my favorites.....

Quelonio
06-06-2005, 03:07 PM
I was wondering what do you guys think of the british rappers, say Handsome Boy Modeling School or Dizzee Rascall?

Noodle Arm
06-06-2005, 03:26 PM
Who do you guys consider to be the best old school rapper? (by old school I mean anything before '92 :lol: ) I know a lot of people who say Rakim was really good.

Fresh
06-06-2005, 03:41 PM
X-Con, this Mixtape is absolutly disgusting. my favorite was probably Breathe, and Drop it like its Hot, every song is hot though. they are flowing with the beat and track perfect. definilty hot. lyrics are :eek:!!

Drop it like its Hot

"im a hot boy, i drive a hot car, the type of nigga get brain in a cop car"
:eek:
"when i heard this song i got alittle upset, then i thought to myself, what havent i done yet"

"nah i aint a hater, dont get me wrong, i made it hot like line you made it a hot song"
:muck:

Obviously there tons of more hot lines, but those are some of my favorites.....

"Who hotter than ya boy Young Maine? Still leave cum stains all on her tongue ring" :lol: ...Mack Maine is ridiculous. How the hell did this cat go unsigned for so long? Wayne's king at finding diamonds in the rough. Mack kills that "Rep Yo Hood"

Best songs on there:
-I smoke, I drink freestyle
-Politician
-You're Gonna Love Me
-We Pimpin Yall Simpin

Them Young Money boys are serious. Lil Wayne has a hell of an army.

But yeah, Noodle...Old school = Rakim for me.

Pigskin Pimp
06-06-2005, 04:16 PM

This is the Next Down South rapper to Blow up:
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/06/376x180-1.jpg
Slim Thugga

wazzy
06-06-2005, 04:28 PM
Slim Thugga kills it in some of his **** i heard. Im surprised he hasn't blown up already I have been waiting for him to go big cuz i know so many people who either love him or hate him

Martel
06-06-2005, 04:38 PM
I was wondering what do you guys think of the british rappers, say Handsome Boy Modeling School or Dizzee Rascall?

Well Handsome Boy is Prince Paul and Dan the Automator who are both American. They do have alot of guest features from people all over the world though so I see how you could get that confused. Dizzee is cool. It's kind of weird but if you can catch what he's saying, he is making sense. I don't think America is ready for a UK rapper still and I don't know when that will be, maybe not in my lifetime. Not trying to speak for anyone, but I'm sure our dirty south boys on this site are not feeling him at all. But it's interesting because in the UK, he's huge. I think he is the voice over there to alot of people, as Lil Weezy is here. He's using slang that is specific to where he's from and people over there flip out over him.

Good thing about Dizzee is that he's a cool cat. I submitted some stuff for his new record and he couldn't be cooler. Same goes for The Automator. Nice guy, he did a remix for me a while back and was cool to work with.

I'm done name dropping :D

Nappy Roots
06-06-2005, 04:53 PM
This is the Next Down South rapper to Blow up:
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/06/376x180-1.jpg
Slim Thugga

i only like a few of Slim Thugs songs. in fact, my favorite of his isnt even his. Hes on Mike Jones "Still Tippin", which he rips it on that track.

wazzy
06-06-2005, 04:57 PM
Mike Jones blew up pretty quick and i think still tippin is his best song and ya slim thugga rips it on the track

Nappy Roots
06-06-2005, 04:58 PM
Who do you guys consider to be the best old school rapper? (by old school I mean anything before '92 :lol: ) I know a lot of people who say Rakim was really good.

in the words of Tupac in his song "Old School"

"LL raisin hell but, that didn't last
Eric B. & Rakim was, the **** to me
I flip to see a Doug E. Fresh show, with Ricky D"

"You diggi don't stop, sippin on that Private Stock
Through my speaker Queen Latifah, and MC Lyte
Listen to Treach, KRS to get me through the night"

most people will say KRS One and Rakim. i would agree. although i always though Treach from Naught by Nature was an underrated rapper. and hes coming out with his first Solo album soon after all these years.

Also, ive heard that Doug E. Fresh puts on the best concerts ever. obviously i dont know cause im only 19 and never been to one.

dolfan_101
06-06-2005, 05:09 PM
Doug E. Fresh & Slick Rick- THE BEST

Pigskin Pimp
06-06-2005, 05:26 PM
i only like a few of Slim Thugs songs. in fact, my favorite of his isnt even his. Hes on Mike Jones "Still Tippin", which he rips it on that track.Everything you've heard up till now has been low budget underground.

His debute album drops July 12th.

Nappy Roots
06-06-2005, 05:39 PM
Everything you've heard up till now has been low budget underground.

His debute album drops July 12th.

well i know that "Like a Boss" and "I aint heard of that" is on his is debute to the mainstream hip-hop. i aint feelin "I aint heard of that". But i do like "Like a Boss". "I aint heard of that" is just annoying to me cause Pharrell produced it and dropped an annoying drum line in it. I do think Slim Thug will blow up though.

finataxia24
06-06-2005, 08:34 PM
in the words of Tupac in his song "Old School"

"LL raisin hell but, that didn't last
Eric B. & Rakim was, the **** to me
I flip to see a Doug E. Fresh show, with Ricky D"

"You diggi don't stop, sippin on that Private Stock
Through my speaker Queen Latifah, and MC Lyte
Listen to Treach, KRS to get me through the night"

most people will say KRS One and Rakim. i would agree. although i always though Treach from Naught by Nature was an underrated rapper. and hes coming out with his first Solo album soon after all these years.

Also, ive heard that Doug E. Fresh puts on the best concerts ever. obviously i dont know cause im only 19 and never been to one.

I saw
Doug E Fresh w/ the b.boys on conan last yr when they were pimping TT5B

& doug E fresh is on that jaime fox stand up special on comedy central a while back.

d-day
06-06-2005, 11:40 PM
ive got tickets to see doug e fresh and slick rick this weekend in atlanta at the midtown music festival - public enemy will be there too

Nappy Roots
06-06-2005, 11:43 PM
ive got tickets to see doug e fresh and slick rick this weekend in atlanta at the midtown music festival - public enemy will be there too

i bet that will be one hell of a show.

d-day
06-07-2005, 12:00 AM
i bet that will be one hell of a show.

psyched - black eyed peas, interpol, white stripes, pixies, robert randolph and the family band, the killers, tom petty, m.c. lyte, and biz markie all will be there :hump:

finataxia24
06-07-2005, 12:04 AM
wow

how much bread will that cost u

d-day
06-07-2005, 12:14 AM
wow

how much bread will that cost u

everything is comped - my best friend works for hooters management in atl - all i needed was the plane ticket - hotel, tickets and all the hooters girls activities throughout the weekend - ive done died and wound up in heaven :hump:

finataxia24
06-07-2005, 12:28 AM
everything is comped - my best friend works for hooters management in atl - all i needed was the plane ticket - hotel, tickets and all the hooters girls activities throughout the weekend - ive done died and wound up in heaven :hump:

enjoy it everyone is due a piece of it;)

ben harper aug 1st atlanta ( small concert in doors.)
32 .50

d-day
06-07-2005, 12:38 AM
enjoy it everyone is due a piece of it;)

ben harper aug 1st atlanta ( small concert in doors.)
32 .50

i saw one of bens first tours in nyc at the 2nd tibetan freedom festival - if you haven't seen him yet go - hell even if you have seen him go - some musicians are better live - ben is a player

finataxia24
06-07-2005, 12:52 AM
i saw one of bens first tours in nyc at the 2nd tibetan freedom festival - if you haven't seen him yet go - hell even if you have seen him go - some musicians are better live - ben is a player

i am

Quelonio
06-07-2005, 01:41 AM
Well Handsome Boy is Prince Paul and Dan the Automator who are both American. They do have alot of guest features from people all over the world though so I see how you could get that confused. Dizzee is cool. It's kind of weird but if you can catch what he's saying, he is making sense. I don't think America is ready for a UK rapper still and I don't know when that will be, maybe not in my lifetime. Not trying to speak for anyone, but I'm sure our dirty south boys on this site are not feeling him at all. But it's interesting because in the UK, he's huge. I think he is the voice over there to alot of people, as Lil Weezy is here. He's using slang that is specific to where he's from and people over there flip out over him.

Good thing about Dizzee is that he's a cool cat. I submitted some stuff for his new record and he couldn't be cooler. Same goes for The Automator. Nice guy, he did a remix for me a while back and was cool to work with.I'm done name dropping :D

Thanks, I actually knew that The automator was american, Buth the name Nathaniel Merriwather got me confused, anways, I think he is sweet

dolfan_101
06-07-2005, 01:45 AM

You are so lucky: Slick Rick, Doug E. Fresh, Flavor Flav, Chuck D and the rest of the crew. That is gonna be sweet!!!

Fresh
06-07-2005, 03:22 AM
Mike Jones blew up pretty quick and i think still tippin is his best song and ya slim thugga rips it on the track

I think Mike Jones is one of the most annoying rappers ever. That "Who's Mike Jones?" sh-t on every damn song, every verse is played out. I did like "Back Then" but that's about it. Slim Thug is actually in my Bottom 3 rappers in the South list along with his boy Paul Wall. His voice sounds like it's chopped & screwed, which is actually a Texas thing. I don't really care for Texas rap...I think they're "tippin" b.s. contributes to the bad reputation that Southern rap has with other areas. I do see how their music can be catchy though, so I ain't mad atcha.

Oh yeah, watch out for Papoose....that dude is serious.

If anybody ever needs any rap or reggae music, go to "get file" with my s/n on AIM...I have a lot of my library on there, but not everything(like the cd's I bought).

finataxia24
06-07-2005, 01:53 PM
I think Mike Jones is one of the most annoying rappers ever. That "Who's Mike Jones?" sh-t on every damn song, every verse is played out. I did like "Back Then" but that's about it. Slim Thug is actually in my Bottom 3 rappers in the South list along with his boy Paul Wall. His voice sounds like it's chopped & screwed, which is actually a Texas thing. I don't really care for Texas rap...I think they're "tippin" b.s. contributes to the bad reputation that Southern rap has with other areas. I do see how their music can be catchy though, so I ain't mad atcha.

Oh yeah, watch out for Papoose....that dude is serious.

If anybody ever needs any rap or reggae music, go to "get file" with my s/n on AIM...I have a lot of my library on there, but not everything(like the cd's I bought).

what do you think of the last poets?

Nappy Roots
06-07-2005, 11:33 PM
"Who hotter than ya boy Young Maine? Still leave cum stains all on her tongue ring" :lol: ...Mack Maine is ridiculous. How the hell did this cat go unsigned for so long? Wayne's king at finding diamonds in the rough. Mack kills that "Rep Yo Hood"

Best songs on there:
-I smoke, I drink freestyle
-Politician
-You're Gonna Love Me
-We Pimpin Yall Simpin

Them Young Money boys are serious. Lil Wayne has a hell of an army.

But yeah, Noodle...Old school = Rakim for me.

yo this cat Curren$y is disgusting. that song "why you lookin at me", that song is hot fire. :eek:

"im a mutha****in monsta boy, got my cadillac truck painted yellow, now it look like a tonka toy"

"curren$y been a fool, and i got enough sound in my trunk to shake the water out cha swimmin pool"

"my niggas beef over cheese, we war for chedda, yo bank digits like midgets, stay small for eva"

"you want some dogg, you can come get us, we like ear rings dogg, the straps come wit us"

"im the difference between a mansion and a hut, my ice is in my chain, your ice is in yo cup"

"I-M-P-A-L-A with 2 S's, pull up at the spot were you live with 2 weapons, i dont give a **** if you wearin 2 veses, ima cut ya in half, you gotta leave on 2 stretchers"
:jawdrop:

wazzy
06-07-2005, 11:36 PM
HE kills it there i need to hear that for sure

Fresh
06-08-2005, 04:20 AM
yo this cat Curren$y is disgusting. that song "why you lookin at me", that song is hot fire. :eek:

"im a mutha****in monsta boy, got my cadillac truck painted yellow, now it look like a tonka toy"

"curren$y been a fool, and i got enough sound in my trunk to shake the water out cha swimmin pool"

"my niggas beef over cheese, we war for chedda, yo bank digits like midgets, stay small for eva"

"you want some dogg, you can come get us, we like ear rings dogg, the straps come wit us"

"im the difference between a mansion and a hut, my ice is in my chain, your ice is in yo cup"

"I-M-P-A-L-A with 2 S's, pull up at the spot were you live with 2 weapons, i dont give a **** if you wearin 2 veses, ima cut ya in half, you gotta leave on 2 stretchers"

Hell yeah, Curren$y & Mack Maine are the ****.

Mack Maine was straight underground before Weezy signed him. There was a video on BET last year called New Orleans Underground Rappers - Unsigned Hype or something like that. He was the first dude to rap, he killed it.

Curren$y was actually with No Limit Records and added to TRU before he decided to leave because they didn't have him on their contract for a solo album. He was the only No Limit cat I liked along with Choppa, but he's on a lot of their 2003-2004 albums. He's sick.

Between Lil Wayne, Curren$y, & Mack Maine...they're gonna be crazy. Everybody on Young Money is signed through Cash Money/Universal, so they can all drop solo's and be on Lil Wayne, Birdman, Mannie Fresh, Big Tymers, etc. albums. They're all on Fast Money, which comes out on the 21st.

I know you wonder why I know all of this...LOL, don't think I'm crazy or anything. Turk was always my homey when he comes down here(hopefully he gets found innocent, because that was messed up how he got set up) & I've been promoting for Wayne(mixtapes, at shoes, etc.) since I was like 16, my brother Mark since the Hot Boy$ days I think(that's how I got on). All of those YME cats are cool are hell, they're regular people.

West-Fin_Fan
06-08-2005, 04:35 AM

Q's solo joints were weak! He sold out on both of them and went commercial IMO. Didn't he diss Hammer for that? Besides, I always thought the Phipher flowed much nicer:
"when was the last time you saw the Phipher sloppy/lyrics anonymous you never heard me copy/top notch baby never commin' less/ sky's the limit you gots to believe up in Quest/ sit back relax get up off the path/ if not that, here's the dancefloor come move that a$$/non-believers you can check the stats/ I roll with Shaheed and the brotha abstract/ ni**as know the time when Quest is in the jam/ I never let a statute tell me how nice I am/ comming with more hits than the Braves and the Yankees/ Livin' mad fat like an oversized Yampi!/You wack M-crews try to diss it makes me laugh/ cause my track record's longer than a DC20 aircraft/ so next time that you think you want somethin here/think something different take that garbage to St. Elswhere" (Lyrics by the Phiphe, form 'Award Tour')