PDA

View Full Version : Fall Out Boy

Terror
06-07-2005, 10:52 PM
It seems like these guys have been making music for a little while, but there new song "Sugar We're Goin Down" is amazing, I dont know who has heard it, but Im sure those who have would agree. I highly recomend there new album as well, "Under a Cork Tree" I believe is what it's called. And also the music video is pretty funny. Intense, great band. Good stuff.

ABrownLamp
06-07-2005, 11:06 PM
very pop punk. Something you would hear when you walk into Hollister or Abercrombie. Not that great.

SkapePhin
06-07-2005, 11:13 PM
Lol.. When I was working the MTVU stage for Spring Break in Panama City, these guys played.. Really goofy guys.. I didnt really talk to them much, but they were goofy. Some of the songs were alright, but nothing that great or unique in my opinion.. And I couldnt understand for the life of me how their bassist even played.. He was doing hopping twirls every second and it didnt even look like he was hitting the strings..

Noodle Arm
06-07-2005, 11:18 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/06/review_rmfb_3-1.jpg

"Jiminy Jillikers!"

Muck
06-07-2005, 11:33 PM
I haven't heard a lot of their songs. But I do really like this one.

Cool name for a band though. Funny.

My band's name is "Standpoint". It's a tribute band. ;)

Muck
06-07-2005, 11:34 PM
The Bravery is on Leno tonight. I hope they play Honest Mistake. I dig that one too.

Buddwalk
06-08-2005, 12:33 AM
I haven't heard a lot of their songs. But I do really like this one.

Cool name for a band though. Funny.

My band's name is "Standpoint". It's a tribute band. ;)

Gotta let me hear some of your stuff man...I just learned layla! :D

Terror
06-08-2005, 10:15 AM
The Bravery is on Leno tonight. I hope they play Honest Mistake. I dig that one too.

The Bravery is pretty good too, but if we are talking about goofy, as in styles, I have to say boith lead singers are about even. The lead singer for The Bravery has a f***ed up Elvis hair cut :rofl3: but they are still pretty good.

Terror
06-08-2005, 10:19 AM
Here's a link to a bunch of wallpapers of great alternative rock bands (Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, The Used, Green Day, Coheed and Cambria etc):

http://www.altpress.com/sections/wallpaper/03-19-2002/index.asp

Pretty cool

Muck
06-08-2005, 12:09 PM
Gotta let me hear some of your stuff man...I just learned layla! :D

Well it's really just me in a Nine Inch Nails kinda situation. I'm like Trent Reznor, except I don't really write or record anything. Just a "me playing in my apartment" kind of thing. But we're going places!!

Muck
06-08-2005, 12:10 PM
The Bravery is pretty good too, but if we are talking about goofy, as in styles, I have to say boith lead singers are about even. The lead singer for The Bravery has a f***ed up Elvis hair cut :rofl3: but they are still pretty good.

The singer looks like he's a total scumbag. :lol: But I dig his voice and the way he carries himself on stage. I get a kick out of it.

Philter25
06-08-2005, 12:21 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/06/review_rmfb_3-1.jpg

"Jiminy Jillikers!"

hahaha my thoughts exactly. :lol:

spydertl79
06-08-2005, 02:40 PM
I like them too, another band that u should check out is the Exies. They aren't huge, but they are pretty good and really cool guys. I met them at a concert here in Tampa last month.

Buddwalk
06-08-2005, 03:14 PM
Well it's really just me in a Nine Inch Nails kinda situation. I'm like Trent Reznor, except I don't really write or record anything. Just a "me playing in my apartment" kind of thing. But we're going places!!

You should record some stuff on to your computer...just some samples kinda like i do with my guitar...

I might have a band soon....:D

Roman529
06-08-2005, 05:51 PM
Fall Out Boy??? Sounds like a limp name...like the Pet Shop Boys.
"Not that there is anything wrong with this." :D

Muck
06-08-2005, 05:57 PM
I like them too, another band that u should check out is the Exies. They aren't huge, but they are pretty good and really cool guys. I met them at a concert here in Tampa last month.

They've been around for a little while. Tampa radio was playing them in 2002. "Ugly" is a pretty cool song.

spydertl79
06-08-2005, 10:19 PM
They've been around for a little while. Tampa radio was playing them in 2002. "Ugly" is a pretty cool song.
yeah, "my goddess" rocks too