PDA

View Full Version : Workout Supplement Help

saves
06-09-2005, 11:36 PM
I've been in a pretty good workout groove so far this summer, but I have kinda hit a wall in most of my exercises. I know how to "shock" your muscles and all to get better performance, but I was thinking of taking some supplements beyond the basic creatine/protien type stuff. My workout buddy was talking about taking Androgen. Does anyone here have any experience using this product? Was it worth it? and most importantly, was there any side effects?

Another thing I was thinking about would be an ephedra supplement. I'm just looking to get a little more cut to boost along my summer diet, anyone try any of these with success? Also, I don't wanna drop dead in the heat, you guys think its safe?

Another thing I was curious about was CLA. I have a bottle of it but kinda took it a few days and then forgot about it for a week so I couldn't get a real good feel for if it has had any effects or not. I have heard many good things about it, but I don't wanna blow more money on it if its not going to do anything. Anyone use this with good results.

I'm also going to grab a botle of L-Glutamine this weekend and am currently taking EAS Creatine Plus and Whey Protein. I don't need information on how to work out or anything like that, I'm pretty well educated on the subject, I would just like some feedback from people that have used these products. It's hard to get information like this from the internet because it seems like all feedback on a product are just propaganda from the company. But thanks in advance for the help.

Predaphin
06-10-2005, 01:06 AM
I've been in a pretty good workout groove so far this summer, but I have kinda hit a wall in most of my exercises. I know how to "shock" your muscles and all to get better performance, but I was thinking of taking some supplements beyond the basic creatine/protien type stuff. My workout buddy was talking about taking Androgen. Does anyone here have any experience using this product? Was it worth it? and most importantly, was there any side effects?

Another thing I was thinking about would be an ephedra supplement. I'm just looking to get a little more cut to boost along my summer diet, anyone try any of these with success? Also, I don't wanna drop dead in the heat, you guys think its safe?

Another thing I was curious about was CLA. I have a bottle of it but kinda took it a few days and then forgot about it for a week so I couldn't get a real good feel for if it has had any effects or not. I have heard many good things about it, but I don't wanna blow more money on it if its not going to do anything. Anyone use this with good results.

I'm also going to grab a botle of L-Glutamine this weekend and am currently taking EAS Creatine Plus and Whey Protein. I don't need information on how to work out or anything like that, I'm pretty well educated on the subject, I would just like some feedback from people that have used these products. It's hard to get information like this from the internet because it seems like all feedback on a product are just propaganda from the company. But thanks in advance for the help.

I'm a workout freak, but not a muscle head...

I use Protien and that's it. I've used creatine before and it did work but I already have body mass...

As for Androgen, I've never used Androgen but had a friend who knew someone who was using Androgen and actually showed me a picture of his freind and actually looked great. I asked about the side effects and he said that his freind did not have any. However he said he beleived there may be some but didn't know what they were, keep in mind everyone's body is different.

Ephedra has been banned (as you probably already know) and most people probably still use it. I used it for a while while it was still in stock and it will definetly help out with the stamina but it will drop your weight.

You may want to search one of my previous threads called "workout routines" here on finheaven, not sure what kind of info was posted as it was a while back.

saves
06-10-2005, 08:31 AM
Ephedra has been banned (as you probably already know) and most people probably still use it. I used it for a while while it was still in stock and it will definetly help out with the stamina but it will drop your weight.

It was banned. They lifted the ban earlier this year I believe. I'm more concerned about my body overheating or something being out in the sun all day than anything in regards to that. Thanks for the response though, I'll search around for that thread.

saves
06-10-2005, 05:21 PM
buuuuuuuuuuump

ABrownLamp
06-10-2005, 05:46 PM
Protein shakes never worked for me since my metabolism is pretty fast. Creatine is one of the few things that ever worked for me. I took andro in college 3 months before the bench press competititon at FSU and my strength and body mass increased noticably to me but not to anyone else. Curiously, after the competition, when I stopped using it, everything went back to normal. I will never take it again. Marginal gains for unkown effects.

L Glutaine is the biggest joke of a substance. I bought it one day at GNC with a "buy one item get anything of equal or lesser value free" card. Did nothing. Absolutely nothing. I went through the whole container in 3 months and nothing happened. I should have just gotten another container of creatine.

I've never tried ephedra, but then I really don't have much use for it either.

Predaphin
06-10-2005, 09:35 PM
yeah well when I took creatine and stopped using it, I blew up (like a pillsbury doughboy). But my body mass is already big, I'm naturally big and it's tougher for me to lose wieght than to gain weight.