PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help With Miami Florida

dominizzo
06-10-2005, 12:40 AM
IM checking in june 23 In Miami Florida, im staying in MElbourne Florida. U guys know any hotel i can stay for cheap. Im staying like 4 months cuz we have work to do in Florida my boss got a contract there so we are there for like 4 months.

Thnx Dominizzo:)

Awsi Dooger
06-10-2005, 12:44 AM
Miami or Melbourne? I couldn't tell by your post which one you will be staying in. Not exactly adjoined. Melbourne and Melbourne Shores are several hours north of Miami on the Atlantic coast.

GatorsFins23
06-10-2005, 12:49 AM
Melbourne is like 3, 3 and a half hours north of Miami (it's where im at). I'm surprised you'd stay this far north to go to Miami, but if you do stay here you shouldnt have much trouble finding a cheap place to stay, just check one of the chain places off I-95 on US-192 or Palm Bay Road, and there's I think a Days In on US-1 between Malabar and Port Malabar Road thats pretty cheap...just take the Malabar road exit off I-95, go east till you hit US-1, and turn north a bit...its on the left side of the road, you'll see it.

There are some pretty nice places on the beach, out on the barrier island, but alot of them were damaged in the hurricanes and im not sure which ones have re-opened as of right now.

dominizzo
06-10-2005, 12:49 AM
Miami or Melbourne? I couldn't tell by your post which one you will be staying in. Not exactly adjoined. Melbourne and Melbourne Shores are several hours north of Miami on the Atlantic coast.

were doin work in Melbourne how long is it from S beach miami

GatorsFins23
06-10-2005, 12:51 AM
were doin work in Melbourne how long is it from S beach miami

Its about 2 and a half to 3 hours from metro Ft Lauderdale, and I'd say about a shade under 4 hours to get to deep downtown Miami, like South Beach (a good day trip at least).

If you want to take a lil side trip for somethin to do, I'd say stick with Cocoa Beach or Orlando...Miami is a bit of a hike.

Just outta curiousity, what kinda work ya doin down here? Somethin construction related (hurricane work is still goin here), or somethin w/ one of the Aerospace companies? Thats all I can think tha'd be goin on here, lol.

dominizzo
06-10-2005, 12:52 AM
Its about 2 and a half to 3 hours from metro Ft Lauderdale, and I'd say about a shade under 4 hours to get to deep downtown Miami, like South Beach (a good day trip at least).

$hiiiit thas longi cant even watch fin games unless i stay a nite in S beach

GatorsFins23
06-10-2005, 12:55 AM
$hiiiit thas longi cant even watch fin games unless i stay a nite in S beach

Yeah, its a killer, bro...lol. But usually we get em on tv here, and if not theres a couple good sports bars in the area that carry em (Beef O'Brady's on Palm Bay Road and Babcock and Hooters on North Babcock are two good ones).

dominizzo
06-10-2005, 01:56 AM
Yeah, its a killer, bro...lol. But usually we get em on tv here, and if not theres a couple good sports bars in the area that carry em (Beef O'Brady's on Palm Bay Road and Babcock and Hooters on North Babcock are two good ones).

thnx

phinfan37
06-10-2005, 02:46 AM
If your looking oceanside I stay at the Wakulla Inn in Coco when vacationing, there's also a Econo Lodge close to there, Otherwise if you want to be closer to Miami look at Pompano Beach which is about 40 miles N of Miami, there are a few reasonable ones there...