PDA

View Full Version : What an article I just found on this site...

4thAndLong
10-20-2002, 08:51 PM
We are almost at the halfway point in the Dolphins season, and things are looking up. So what if Jay Fiedler went down; we have Ray Lucas who is coming right up. Who cares that Oronde Gadsden is out for the season? Cris Carter will replace him like buffet food being replaced when that Bills lover Chris Berman is hungry. Who cares that the Dolphins play the Bills this week. It's not like the Dolphins are going to lose. Not when they have a defense playing like their trying to tackle Osama Bin Laden. Not when Ricky Williams is bulldozing defenders like Bills cheerleaders trying to get through a door, but can’t because all they do is drink beer. Not when Olindo Mare is booting field goals from another county. Not when the Miami Dolphins are the best team in football and the Bills are nothing... at least when they are compared to the Miami Dolphins. Who cares what so called expert analyst say about this game. Pete Prisco has picked the Dolphins to lose their last six games. I guess that makes him 1-5 on predicting Dolphins games right? That blows. Who cares that Drew Bledsoe is on pace to break Dan Marino's single season record for most passing yards in a season. We said that about Kurt Warner, and look at what happened. Nothing. Which is exactly the type of result the Buffalo Bills are going tomorrow. Nothing. Travis Henry will be eaten alive by the Dolphins defense tomorrow. Anyways, the Bills passing game? It might have some success, but not enough to win the game. Don’t even bring up the Bills defense, because all they will be seeing tomorrow night in their dreams will be Ricky Williams’ back as they try to catch up. Who cares that the Bills are supposedly eager to finally beat the Dolphins. Come the third quarter, they’ll be begging their coach to get out of the game, because they can’t handle the heat. So I ask you now. Who cares that the Bills are in town. It’s not like they are going to win. The Buffalo Bills? Who cares?

Prediction: Miami Dolphins 20 Buffalo Bills 7

Keys to the game:
1. Can Ricky Williams have a big day?
{If the Dolphins want to win this game, they need to control the clock, and run Ricky.}

2. Will Bledsoe have his usual air show?
{Probably not, but they defense needs to put pressure on him consistently, and they need to get some interceptions}

3. Can Ray Lucas stay perfect
{He needs to have a big day. Not statistically, but by not making mistakes. If he commits turnovers, the Dolphins won’t win}

Man was he right on! :rolleyes:

Dozerdog
10-20-2002, 08:53 PM
:monkey: Lucas

Migs182005
10-20-2002, 09:01 PM
Yes I was! :cry:
Maybe next time, :lol:

TigerJ
10-21-2002, 01:09 PM
That article pretty much represents the mindset of 90% of the fin fans here. They have blinders permanently installed in their brains. They can't give the other team credit for anything before a game, thinking all their backups are better than the other team's starters. Then after a loss they can't remember their stupidity before the game. "It's all the fault of Ray Lucas," conveniently forgetting they had pointed with glee before the game to Ray's preseason performance and the way Mcknight, Ward and Baker were going to tear up Buffalo's defense.

The handful of fin fans that I respected before the game I still respect. None of them have made fools of themselves here on the smack forum. The rest of you are worse than losers. You're fools. I can't imagine having less respect for people than I have for you.

Migs182005
10-21-2002, 03:04 PM
I must admit, I wanted to write this article in a new view. I never said that the Dolphins passing game was going to do well against the Bills. The Bills won this game, hands down, in all fairness, no excusses. They can talk all the smack they want because they beat us good. I was wrong. I'll try to be right next time. I also can't please everyone. No one can. Congrats Bills fans, u earned it

gottahavefootba
10-21-2002, 03:54 PM
Keys to the game:
1. Can Ricky Williams have a big day?
{If the Dolphins want to win this game, they need to control the clock, and run Ricky.}

2. Will Bledsoe have his usual air show?
{Probably not, but they defense needs to put pressure on him consistently, and they need to get some interceptions}

3. Can Ray Lucas stay perfect
{He needs to have a big day. Not statistically, but by not making mistakes. If he commits turnovers, the Dolphins won’t win}
I thought your keys to the game were fairly acurate.

TigerJ
10-22-2002, 12:23 AM
Hey Migs, I'm not really into smack. I'd much rather talk football. I know that the absence of Fiedler, Chambers, Gadsen, and Dixon was a factor in the game. I'm not even asking that fin fans eat a lot of crow. I'd just like to hear those who crowed before the game that even with backups Miami would embarrass Buffalo to admit they missjudged Lucas and the relative talent level of the two teams. It's nothing I wouldn't do if I were in the same shoes.