PDA

View Full Version : Where was the Best O in the NFL?????

Pink_Dove
10-20-2002, 09:14 PM
Bills won...Fins lost...
Injuries happen and we had to deal with them...
However i'd like to clarify one point

We held your so called incredible O to under 100 yds passing except for that 70 yard blimp...Bledsoe was gonna tear up our D??? Nope didnt happen...

What happened was Henry tearing up our D and most buffalo fans didnt even talk about that beforehand...without Ray Ray coughing up the ball we wouldve held u to 6 points...
So dont tell me the Dolfin D sucks..
In the end Ray Charles lost the game for us...However a loss is a loss and i think most fin fans accept it....

since we are still in 1st
:lol:

4thAndLong
10-20-2002, 09:18 PM

accept a loss as a loss.

Henry ran for 139 yards in less carries than Williams, what happened to the NFLs best defense?

We were playing conservative after we took the lead so this is a bunch of BS saying you held us in check. For once Bledsoe didn't have to throw 300+ and the offense did what we had to do to win, and that was help the D by burning time with small dump off passes and handing it off.

Angneli
10-20-2002, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by 4thAndLong

accept a loss as a loss.

Henry ran for 139 yards in less carries than Williams, what happened to the NFLs best defense?

We were playing conservative after we took the lead so this is a bunch of BS saying you held us in check. For once Bledsoe didn't have to throw 300+ and the offense did what we had to do to win, and that was help the D by burning time with small dump off passes and handing it off.

You read my mind.

phishhead220
10-20-2002, 09:54 PM
and guess what ur in first now... you have a bye week bills vs. detroit = win... then lucas is gonna dye in GB. Bills are taking the AFC East. And Ricky Williams is all talk... i think the announcers praised him more times than he gained yardage

TigerJ
10-21-2002, 10:37 AM
I did not see the game live. I went through and watched a video last evening. What I saw was interesting as far as the Bills offence and Miami defense is concerned. Buffalo really played a pretty conservative game plan, obviously out of respect for the Miami D. There were a number of times that Bledsoe threw the ball out of bounds or otherwise threw it away because players were not as open as he would have liked. Those were circumstances in which he would have tried to complete the pass in other games this season. Part of the reason he did this vs. Miami was he could afford to, with Buffalo enjoying it's biggest lead of the season. There were some occasions when Buffalo dropped passes they should have caught, and a couple times on deep throws that Buffalo receivers couldn't quite reach the pass. Eric Moulds in particular came up just short a few times. Part of that could have been Bledsoe's decision to be a bit more conservative (making sure it was out of reach of the Miami DB and hoping the Buffalo WR could catch up to it) and part of it could have been Eric Moulds back spasms. He was on the injury report this week and admitted to being in a lot of pain after the game. It might be his discomfort cost him just enough speed that he came up a bit short a few times.

BTW I love it when Miami fans discount the big plays when defending their defense. If Moulds hadn't caught a 70 yard pass, Bledsoe would have been under 100 yards passing. Deal with it. Big plays are part of the game. If the two or three near misses of long pass completions by the Buffalo offence had been completed, Drew Bledsoe would have been over 300 yards again. It cuts both ways, loser.

Billsfan
10-21-2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Pink_Dove

except for that 70 yard blimp...

funniest thing i've ever read. Thanks for the laugh

ohall
10-21-2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Pink_Dove
Bills won...Fins lost...
Injuries happen and we had to deal with them...
However i'd like to clarify one point

We held your so called incredible O to under 100 yds passing except for that 70 yard blimp...Bledsoe was gonna tear up our D??? Nope didnt happen...

What happened was Henry tearing up our D and most buffalo fans didnt even talk about that beforehand...without Ray Ray coughing up the ball we wouldve held u to 6 points...
So dont tell me the Dolfin D sucks..
In the end Ray Charles lost the game for us...However a loss is a loss and i think most fin fans accept it....

since we are still in 1st

Bills23Fins10
10-21-2002, 10:55 AM
The best "O" showed up....his name is Travis Henry. Just ask the Miami DL and LB's if the "O" showed up......

.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! eat crow fagola's