PDA

View Full Version : Merged:Scientology?/ Scientology answer

Boone
06-14-2005, 12:56 AM
What exactly is Scientology?

Scientology: Scio (Latin) know, logos (Greek) the word or outward form by which the inward thought is expressed and made known. Thus, Scientology means knowing about knowing.

Today, the fruits of L. Ron Hubbard’s work are available to anyone who wishes to reach for them. And no matter how different Scientologists may be — whether teachers and businessmen, housewives and athletes, artists and secretaries — they hold one vital factor in common: having significantly bettered their lives, they know that Scientology works.

Nothing in Scientology, however, need be taken on faith. Its truths are self-evident, its principles are easily demonstrable and its technology can be seen at work in any church of Scientology. One need only open the door and step through.

Scientology is a twentieth-century religion. It comprises a vast body of knowledge extending from certain fundamental truths, and prime among those truths: Man is a spiritual being endowed with abilities well beyond those which he normally envisages. He is not only able to solve his own problems, accomplish his goals and gain lasting happiness, but also to achieve new states of awareness he may never have dreamed possible.

In one form or another, all great religions have held the hope of spiritual freedom — a condition free of material limitations and misery. The question has always been, however, how does one reach such a state, particularly while still living amidst a frantic and often overwhelming society?

Although modern life seems to pose an infinitely complex array of problems, Scientology maintains that the solutions to those problems are basically simple and within every man’s reach. Difficulties with communication and interpersonal relationships, nagging insecurities, self-doubt and despair — each man innately possesses the potential to be free of these and many other concerns.

Scientology offers a pathway to greater freedom.

While the hope for such freedom is ancient, what Scientology is doing is new. The way it is organized is new. The technologies with which it can bring about a new state of being in man are likewise new.

Because Scientology addresses man as a spiritual being, it stands completely apart from other religions which see man as a product of his environment or his genes — fixed in the limitations under which he was born.

Rather, Scientology is the study and handling of the spirit in relationship to itself, universes and other life. Based upon the tradition of fifty thousand years of thinking men, it is built upon the fundamental truths of life. From these principles, exact methods by which one can improve conditions were derived; and unlike other efforts of improvement, which offered only rules by which men should live, Scientology offers real tools for use in everyday life. Thus, it does not depend upon a system of beliefs or faith. The emphasis is squarely on an exact application of its principles toward the improvement of one’s life and the world in which we live.

To understand exactly how Scientology is utilized, something should be known of the track of research L. Ron Hubbard traveled and the antecedent of Scientology — Dianetics.

:confused: What the hell does this mean? :confused:

NaboCane
06-14-2005, 01:01 AM
:confused: What the hell does this mean? :confused:

It means that if you write bad science-fiction and start your own religion, you too can be filthy rich and have Tom Cruise kiss your butt even AFTER you're dead!

Boone
06-14-2005, 01:08 AM
:lol:

Roman529
06-14-2005, 01:31 AM
Sounds like a cult to me....like the one in Jonestown.

d-day
06-14-2005, 01:37 AM
i prefer ladiesloungeology myself

unifiedtheory
06-14-2005, 02:37 AM
It means that if you write bad science-fiction and start your own religion, you too can be filthy rich and have Tom Cruise kiss your butt even AFTER you're dead!

:lol:

Scrap
06-14-2005, 08:14 AM
I'm not really sure what it is. I've read a little bit (not much) of Dianetics, and it was explaining why we are the way we are. It seemed like an interesting book. I've known a few people who did read Scientology, and seemed changed (for the better) afterwards. Everyone I've known that's read that book said it was a great book. That being said, I don't know how it's a religion. I would still actually read about it before belittling it though.

GCD960
06-14-2005, 11:26 AM
I'm not really sure what it is. I've read a little bit (not much) of Dianetics, and it was explaining why we are the way we are. It seemed like an interesting book. I've known a few people who did read Scientology, and seemed changed (for the better) afterwards. Everyone I've known that's read that book said it was a great book. That being said, I don't know how it's a religion. I would still actually read about it before belittling it though.

i read dianetics, couldnt finish it..............too much of blaming things on your mother type of shi@...

Scrap
06-14-2005, 11:28 AM
i read dianetics, couldnt finish it..............too much of blaming things on your mother type of shi@...Really? I only read a little bit of it. Like the first chapter or two. It didn't seem bad up to that point.

Amars
06-14-2005, 03:47 PM
Boone and many other were asking what the hell is scientology. I for one am not a scientologist but a buddy of mine 6-7 yrs ago was dating kristi alley that fat cow. She look good back then. Anyways from what he tells me scientology is way for people in the entertainment industry to funnel money not to pay so much in taxes through donation to the church. Since religious accociation don't pay taxes many of the actors money get untaxed. And some way they still have access to that money I don't know how. All the confusing Jargon is not suppose to make sense. It's keep many people away that why it's so confusing. Do really think Tom Cruise of all people know what the hell all that jargon means. So its just a front not to pay taxes according to him.

Deez Nutz
06-14-2005, 05:53 PM
Scientology is the belief that aliens control your mind, and tell you what to do. The Scientoligists believe that they are the only religion that is saved from the alien control, and that their minds are clear of the alien control.

That's what I have heard. It's based on Scinece Fiction

ABrownLamp
06-14-2005, 06:15 PM
Boone and many other were asking what the hell is scientology. I for one am not a scientologist but a buddy of mine 6-7 yrs ago was dating kristi alley that fat cow. She look good back then. Anyways from what he tells me scientology is way for people in the entertainment industry to funnel money not to pay so much in taxes through donation to the church. Since religious accociation don't pay taxes many of the actors money get untaxed. And some way they still have access to that money I don't know how. All the confusing Jargon is not suppose to make sense. It's keep many people away that why it's so confusing. Do really think Tom Cruise of all people know what the hell all that jargon means. So its just a front not to pay taxes according to him.

Kristi Alley was not hot 6-7 years ago. She was hot in the mid 80's, and then started rolling down the hill in the late 80's - early 90s

ABrownLamp
06-14-2005, 06:17 PM
In scientology, everyone has a number. The lower your number is the higher your rank is. I have heard that John Travolta is pretty high up there. The higher up you are, the closer you are to being able to touch and see "the box" which holds all kinds of mystical powers and electricity, among other things. It's so stupid. Why people guide their lives by religion is beyond me.

Dolphan7
06-14-2005, 07:26 PM
Scientology is just another rehash of ancient shamanism and eastern mysticism, with a modern face to it. It is simply that we are all Gods and we just have to acheive our inner strength and abilities to reach that God level, but only through the tried and true approved methods of the Church of Scientology.