PDA

View Full Version : The good thing about the game...

gottahavefootba
10-21-2002, 02:16 PM
I think there has been enough Lucas pounding that I decieded to focus on the good things that happened..

On Offense (short list):
Ray looked good on the 1st drive..
Ricky ran hard and gave out beatens.
The TE's looked good.. including the newly aquired Clark.

On Defense:
I was really hoping they would come up with a TO to help out Ray but they didn't.. Otherwise they dominated.
They totally shut down Bleedsoe, except one broken coverage.
They went into lock down mode in the red zone..
Zach Thomas I saw covering Price once.. he made the catch but was stopped immediately..
The pass rush looked good for the most part.
JT was outstanding again. What a year he is having..
Henry had some yards but didn't effect us at all.. For all his rushing yards they got maybe 3 - 6 points.

So if you substitute in Jay for Ray.. or even put in Preseason Ray.. the score starts to look alot more like 52 - 10

akfinfan
10-21-2002, 02:18 PM
1 drive doesn't mean ****. It's how you finish the game, not how you start.

4thAndLong
10-21-2002, 02:19 PM
Jason Taylor was invisible, what are you talking about he was outstanding? He only drew 1 holding penalty, other than that, he did absolutely nothing.

4thAndLong
10-21-2002, 02:19 PM
Did this guy watch the same game?

RebaJosh
10-21-2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by gottahavefootba
I think there has been enough Lucas pounding that I decieded to focus on the good things that happened..

On Defense:

What game were you watching. I give your D some credit. They were put in a really bad spot by Lucas but JT did not do anything!
He was dominated!

RebaJosh
10-21-2002, 02:23 PM

So if you substitute in Jay for Ray.. or even put in Preseason Ray.. the score starts to look alot more like 52 - 10

That qualifies as the idiotic statement of the day. I can understand you guys thinking you would have won if ELF MAN had played but that score is stupid!

dolphan39
10-21-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by RebaJosh

What game were you watching. I give your D some credit. They were put in a really bad spot by Lucas but JT did not do anything!
He was dominated! the Bills OL paid so much attention to JT that the other pass rushers has a real good day, particularly Rob Burnett. JT's side was picked on in the running game, but it was Rodgers and Madison losing outside containment that gave Henry his padded stats. :yell:

RebaJosh
10-21-2002, 02:28 PM
Have you watched the game again? I have twice. JT was 1 on 1 with Jennings as least 50% of the time.
Most of the sacks you guys had were coverage sacks. Bledsoe held on to the ball way to long for my liking.

phinfan_1
10-21-2002, 02:30 PM

I agree... But I'd say if Ray's 4 interceptions were all punts instead, I'd say we win.

The pain is fading away

4thAndLong
10-21-2002, 02:32 PM
Yeah, but that didn't happen

Come back to reality and take off those rose-colored glasses folks.

beefalow
10-21-2002, 02:47 PM

On Offense (short list):
Ray looked good on the 1st drive..
Ricky ran hard and gave out beatens.
The TE's looked good.. including the newly aquired Clark.

On Defense:
I was really hoping they would come up with a TO to help out Ray but they didn't.. Otherwise they dominated.
They totally shut down Bleedsoe, except one broken coverage.
They went into lock down mode in the red zone..
Zach Thomas I saw covering Price once.. he made the catch but was stopped immediately..
The pass rush looked good for the most part.
Henry had some yards but didn't effect us at all.. For all his rushing yards they got maybe 3 - 6 points.

So if you substitute in Jay for Ray.. or even put in Preseason Ray.. the score starts to look alot more like 52 - 10 :lol: :lol: Jason Taylor is a quitter ,Hell he was spent by the 4th qtr.Jonnus jennings rolled him every play!If thats what you call having a great year then your an idiot.:D Texans have a better pass rush and bledsoe didn`t do his thing cause our running game was tearing you guys up.What game were you watching:confused: The scary thing is that was our vanilla offense, you haven`t seen anything yet!:lol: :lol: :lol:

beefalow
10-21-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by phinfan_1

I agree... But I'd say if Ray's 4 interceptions were all punts instead, I'd say we win.

The pain is fading away :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :D

gottahavefootba
10-21-2002, 02:55 PM
JT may not have come up with the sacks.. but he was forcing Bledsoe to move from the pocket allowing the other guys get him..
and yeah lucas sucked.. but i think that has been covered on this board already.. the first drive.. and the first drive only, he did look good.. I think that first fumble rattled him and he never recovered. not a good sign..
And back at reality... it says that the Bills Ofense didnt' do crap... the defense totaly shut them down.
3rd down conversion 23%.. nice job bills.
Bledsoe.. 15-31 with 162 yard.. 70 coming on a blown coverage.. great game Drew!
and 20 of the points came off turnovers..
The Fins dominated everywhere.. and one player truly lost this game..

gottahavefootba
10-21-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by beefalow
The scary thing is that was our vanilla offense, you haven`t seen anything yet!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Come december you better bring your whole playbook buddy..
You won't be facing a backup qb and 2 backup wr's