PDA

View Full Version : Howard Stern or OnA?

Slappy8800
06-17-2005, 02:00 AM
Poll time

personally im a Stern fan

MiaBalla99
06-17-2005, 02:01 AM
Howard Stern is the Man!

Buddwalk
06-17-2005, 02:03 AM
Stern...not sure who the other is

But Stern is a pervert and a professional at the same time and hes gets the job done! :D

Slappy8800
06-17-2005, 02:20 AM
OnA = Opie and Anthony...AKA stern wananbes

Buddwalk
06-17-2005, 02:24 AM

Still not sure...But like i've said before Stern all the way man!

Dolfan984
06-17-2005, 04:59 AM
Howard Stern by far.

inFINSible
06-17-2005, 06:57 AM
Stern....already got my sirius radio....I'm ready and waiting for the new show.

There are no others.

Buddwalk
06-17-2005, 07:05 AM
whens he switch to sirius...2006?

I heard hes gonna go crazy on it

Pagan
06-17-2005, 07:10 AM
Then you've never listened to them. They are NOTHING like Stern. And I hate to burst your bubble, but lately on their show they've been finding a TON of nits that were done WAY before Stern was on the air, proving that when Stern whines that everyone's ripped HIM off, pretty much 75% of his show has been ripped off of others. You want to get right down to it, he's an Imus rip-off. Not Imus as he is now, but Imus when he first started. Don't believe me? Go find some old Imus bits. Stern basically did the radio equivalent of cutting and pasting.

Stern is washed up, he was great back in the day but all he does now is whine and complain. He's the biggest hypocrite on the planet, making fun of other celeb's kids and marriages, but placing f*cking gag orders on other DJs who worked for the same company so they wouldn't talk about his.

When O&A were working at the same company as Stern, Stern had a contract written up where O&A couldn't even mention his NAME on their show. He's pathetic.

To say that O&A are Stern wannabes is ridiculous. The differences are obvious. All Stern cares about is sex. I remember a recent interview he had with Ace Frehley of KISS. As soon as he realized Ace didn't want to talk about sex, the interview was over. O&A have their shows that focus on sex, but it's not EVER SINGLE F*CKING ONE OF THEM. When a celeb comes in for an interview, it's a true interview.

When Stern talks about himself growing up, you can't relate to any of it unless you had a messed up childhood like he did. When O&A do it you sit back and say "Holy sh*t, I remember doing that!"

O&A reference past and present pop culture into their bits FAR more than Stern does or ever did, and it's hilarious. Anthony is one of the best impressionists I've ever heard, and makes things absolutely hysterical when he adds them into the mix. Go here (http://oavirus.com/indexframe.htm) and download any of the bits with Ronald Reagan, Celine Dion or Mike Tyson and you'll see what I mean.

Bottom line, in my opinion O&A are far more relevant, far more edgy, and WAY funnier. Don't be lulled into the "they're Stern clones" nonsense. Check them out for yourselves. If you still want to get Sirius because of Stern, enjoy paying for him to do his show only 4 days a week, cause that's what he's doing. ;)

Slappy8800
06-17-2005, 08:08 AM
actually, i heard teh Ace interview and he didnt wanna talk about KISS, Gene or anything except his movie

to each his own

nyjunc
06-17-2005, 08:08 AM
Opie & Anthony are horrible and just not funny, I think Howard is not nearly as good as he was say 10 yrs ago but he's still by far better than O&A. Since Jackie left and Artie came in the show hasn't been nearly as funny but still funny enough.

Slappy8800
06-17-2005, 08:10 AM
Opie & Anthony are horrible and just not funny, I think Howard is not nearly as good as he was say 10 yrs ago but he's still by far better than O&A. Since Jackie left and Artie came in the show hasn't been nearly as funny but still funny enough.

artie is way funnier than Jackie

nyjunc
06-17-2005, 08:43 AM
artie is way funnier than Jackie
Artie is a disaster and I cringe when he tries to be funny, he has nothing on Jackie and Jackie used to feed Howard jokes which is why Howard isn't as funny as he used to be.

dolfan4good
06-17-2005, 09:00 AM
Never heard of Opie and Anthony. I think that Stern is crude, perverted and simply not funny. There's a reason he was taken off the air here in Miami.

Pagan
06-17-2005, 10:07 AM
Opie & Anthony are horrible and just not funny, I think Howard is not nearly as good as he was say 10 yrs ago but he's still by far better than O&A.
Must be why O&A's listeners are growing and Stern's ratings are down 25%. Hell, the Spanish morning show is beating him in the mornings now in NY. :lol:

But hey, to each their own like slappy said. The Doggy Company will learn quickly that they paid way too much money for a washed up radio show. :lol:

nyjunc
06-17-2005, 10:11 AM
Must be why O&A's listeners are growing and Stern's ratings are down 25%. Hell, the Spanish morning show is beating him in the mornings now in NY. :lol:

But hey, to each their own like slappy said. The Doggy Company will learn quickly that they paid way too much money for a washed up radio show. :lol:

The spanish station is beating O&A too and they always had an easier time slot. O&A is just a bad imitation of Howard's show. They aren't funny at all and I have tried to listen to them. Howard got a hell of alot more money to go to Sirius than O&A got to go to XM and Howard's arriveal has been a huge boom to Sirius while O&A was so bad they took off the premium channel and now offer it w/ the reg channels.

Pagan
06-17-2005, 10:46 AM
The spanish station is beating O&A too and they always had an easier time slot. O&A is just a bad imitation of Howard's show. They aren't funny at all and I have tried to listen to them. Howard got a hell of alot more money to go to Sirius than O&A got to go to XM and Howard's arriveal has been a huge boom to Sirius while O&A was so bad they took off the premium channel and now offer it w/ the reg channels.
No offense bro, but this is the most ignorant post I've ever seen.

How you even listened to O&A? They are NOTHING like Stern. No lesbians, no naked women, nothing at all like Stern. Their show is more like hanging out with a bunch of your friends, not at all like Howard, who seems to think the entire world revolves around him, Artie, Fred and "Baba-Booey". :rolleyes:

Easier time slot? Hate to break it to you, but they're in the same time slot as Stern. Get your facts straight.

What does the money Howard got paid have to do with anything? Sirius also dumped a ton of money into a radio show with Martha Stewart. I guess she's a happening DJ also, huh? :lol:

As for the "huge boom", last I heard Sirius stock is dropping, so that boom was more like a wet fart. And I see you saved the most ignorant comment for last.

O&A were not taken off the premium because they were bad. Nice way to echo all the other Stern fans! Get the story straight. O&A were put on premium to begin with because XM was worried that the whole "Sex For Sam" thing that got them fired would turn off listeners. They put O&A on the premium so that you had to WANT to hear them in order to. When enough time went by and there wasn't any backlash, they made them available to the general XM population.

Saying they were so bad that they were dropped off premium makes NO sense. When they were on premium they had their core listeners who were making XM $2 a month OVER the normal fee. Why take them OFF that - a guaranteed amount of money - and put them on the general station, if they sucked? Wouldn't you just FIRE them and cut your losses? Why keep them and LOSE the money you were making when they were on the premium station if they were bad? Use logic, friend. I know it's hard for a Jet fan to fathom logic, but you can do it! :lol:

And as for them being so bad....why are XM sign-ups skyrocketing and O&A listenership growing? You haven't managed to explain how a show that's so bad is doing so well while Stern is dropping into the tank, losing more and more listeners at EVERY arbitron rating period.

Don't get me wrong, I used to LOVE Stern in the late 80's and early 90's. He just blows now. Not funny, whiny, and UNoriginal.

Think about it, he whines CONSTANTLY that no one is original and everyone's ripping him off....so what are his two projects? A TV show that was a rip-off of "Airplane" and "Baywatch", and a remake of the movie "Porky's". Oh yea....VERY original, Howard!

Wonder if he'll ever make his "Fartman" movie. :rolleyes: :lol:

nyjunc
06-17-2005, 10:50 AM
How you even listened to O&A? They are NOTHING like Stern. No lesbians, no naked women

Don't they have women flash or something? I never listened extensively b/c they bored me, it was the radio version of watching a soccer game.

Easier time slot? Hate to break it to you, but they're in the same time slot as Stern. Get your facts straight.

When they were on WNEW they were in the afternoon drive.

What does the money Howard got paid have to do with anything?

Generally the performer who would bring in more money to the station would get paid more, right?

Saying they were so bad that they were dropped off premium makes NO sense. When they were on premium they had their core listeners who were making XM $2 a month OVER the normal fee.

and there were so few paying $2/month that they took it off.

Wouldn't you just FIRE them and cut your losses?

They are under contract? why fire them when you can shift them back to regular and at least get something out of them?

And as for them being so bad....why are XM sign-ups skyrocketing and O&A listenership growing? You haven't managed to explain how a show that's so bad is doing so well while Stern is dropping into the tank, losing more and more listeners at EVERY arbitron rating period.

Howard is dropping in the tank yet he still has more listeners than O&A ever had.

Pagan
06-17-2005, 11:03 AM
Don't they have women flash or something? I never listened extensively b/c they bored me, it was the radio version of watching a soccer game.
No....they have a promotion called "Whip 'Em Out Wednesday" (which Howie claims he invented. "Hoo-hoo, Robin" :rolleyes: ) where if a woman fan sees the WOW sticker on your car they flash you when they drive by. It's NOT on the actual radio show. Sorry, try again.

When they were on WNEW they were in the afternoon drive.
And afternoon drive is an easier time slot? Last I heard morning radio is the most coveted slot. When they were on in the afternoons, they were on because - and this is FACT - Howard didn't want them coming up against him. He made sure that the company kept them in the afternoons.

Generally the performer who would bring in more money to the station would get paid more, right?
In theory, yes. But it's speculation. Throwing HALF A BILLION to him? If you truly believe he'll recoup that, you need to lay off the meds.

and there were so few paying $2/month that they took it off.
Wrong again! Where did you get this info from? Did Howie tell you? Fred? Robin?

They are under contract? why fire them when you can shift them back to regular and at least get something out of them?
Wrong yet again. Their contract stipulates that they can fired at any time. So XM would not keep them around "to get something out of them." Try again bro.

Howard is dropping in the tank yet he still has more listeners than O&A ever had.
Keep holding on to that dream. When Howie jumps to Sirius, he'll be buried. From what I'm hearing you have to pay $3 extra a month for Howard's show, and he's only going to be on 4 days a week. Wow...what a bargain! :lol:

nyjunc
06-17-2005, 02:06 PM
I don't really care, I don't get to listen to Howard as much I used to so it doesn't affect me either way I just know O&A are atrocious and are unlistenable. You like them and that's great, I'm not trying to get you to stop liking them I just don't think they are funny at all.

Pagan
06-17-2005, 02:17 PM
I don't really care, I don't get to listen to Howard as much I used to so it doesn't affect me either way I just know O&A are atrocious and are unlistenable. You like them and that's great, I'm not trying to get you to stop liking them I just don't think they are funny at all.
Hey man, it's your perogative to not listen, and that's great. I didn't think you were trying to get me to stop listening...I was just correcting alot of misinformation you threw onto the board, that's all.

There's one thing Howard has the O&A don't have.....Robin Quivers. And thank EVERYTHING that's holy for that. Let her stay in her little dunk tank in Howie's studio. :lol:

nyjunc
06-17-2005, 02:23 PM
Hey man, it's your perogative to not listen, and that's great. I didn't think you were trying to get me to stop listening...I was just correcting alot of misinformation you threw onto the board, that's all.

There's one thing Howard has the O&A don't have.....Robin Quivers. And thank EVERYTHING that's holy for that. Let her stay in her little dunk tank in Howie's studio. :lol:

robin doesn't bother me, i just miss Jackie. Artie is horrible.

Pagan
06-17-2005, 02:35 PM
robin doesn't bother me, i just miss Jackie. Artie is horrible.
On that we agree. I have a few of Jackie's CDs, the guy was hilarious.

kud
06-17-2005, 02:46 PM
I watch the Stern show on E! every night.

painnotpleasure
06-17-2005, 04:34 PM
Howard Stern. I used to listen to the whole show everyday, I still listen a lot just not as much. And :yes: I watch the E show every night. Sucks his contract is ending real soon, hopefully I'll get Sirius radio. Should be awesome. :cooldude:

Dudeman
06-18-2005, 01:13 PM
No....they have a promotion called "Whip 'Em Out Wednesday" (which Howie claims he invented. "Hoo-hoo, Robin" :rolleyes: )

Hoo-hoo-hoo Robinnnnnn.....I invented everything.....Marconi ripped me off....what's that thing called? Dot-dot-dash-dash...Morse code? It was Howard code...he ripped me off.....I used to have girls take off their clothes in Washington....I invented traffic accidents!

Holy crap, Ant does the best freakin Stern impression ever.

By far, O&A are the best. My dad and I got XM in November of last year. I had never heard them before (I hate Stern), and I asked him if it was worth the 2 extra bucks a month and he told me "no questions asked....absolutely". I've have listened ever since, and I think its freakin hilarious. No other DJ/Jocks can touch them. They are brilliant, and the virus is spreading. Tons of people are getting XM every day, and they were just at the RCS store in NY that sells 1,000 mi-fi's a month. Their bits are clever, and some of the things the listeners send in are ridiculous...."It's the Gregg and Tony show, Doctor Norton with Sex advice, wear no bag, spread the HIV, its on XM!"

Since the show was taken off premium, it has only gotten better. Idiots like dragonwagon calling in and bashing the show, with Norton going off on him....priceless....

The show is so much better its not even funny....

.............."only on CBS-FM!" :lol:

Pagan
06-18-2005, 09:29 PM
Hoo-hoo-hoo Robinnnnnn.....I invented everything.....Marconi ripped me off....what's that thing called? Dot-dot-dash-dash...Morse code? It was Howard code...he ripped me off.....I used to have girls take off their clothes in Washington....I invented traffic accidents!
Tell 'em, Fred! :lol:

Good to see another "pest" on board! :up:

You see Lil' Jimmy on Leno the other night? :roflmao:

Dudeman
06-19-2005, 01:19 PM
Tell 'em, Fred! :lol:

Good to see another "pest" on board! :up:

You see Lil' Jimmy on Leno the other night? :roflmao:

no, I was already in bed....I did hear the audio the next day though....

I'm not a huge Norton fan, and I'm kinda turned off by all the dead fetus jokes he does, but he provides some nice comic relief to the show...

"You guys call it playing the field, I call it picking up prostitutes"
Jay: She's 17....
JN: Oh, too old....

:lol:

Pagan
06-19-2005, 04:17 PM
"You know what kind of a weirdo you have to look like to make OZZY OSBOURNE uncomfortable?"

:roflmao:

DonShula84
06-19-2005, 07:39 PM
To say that O&A are Stern wannabes is ridiculous. The differences are obvious. All Stern cares about is sex. I remember a recent interview he had with Ace Frehley of KISS. As soon as he realized Ace didn't want to talk about sex, the interview was over. O&A have their shows that focus on sex, but it's not EVER SINGLE F*CKING ONE OF THEM. When a celeb comes in for an interview, it's a true interview

The interview was over as soon as he realized Ace didnt want to talk about KISS. He was there to promote some movie, but no one cares about Ace, they care about KISS first. So when he didnt want to talk about the problems he has had with the band the interview was over. I dont remember the problem being over him not wanting to talk about sex. I agree with you though, I cant stand Robin.