PDA

View Full Version : My Awesome TV

mor911
06-17-2005, 08:59 AM
Well... I've been really busy lately, and haven't been posting much. Between a new job at work (Temporary for now) and my woman and I moving apart... I haven't spent too much time on old finheaven.

My woman owns mostly everything in my house. I didn't realize that until everything was packed and my place was freaking empty.

So to make my self feel better do you think I bought a new bed? Maybe some furniture?

HELL NO!

I bought a big freaking TV! Then I called comcast and ordered HD programming. Come football season, I will watch the dolphins in pure High Definition.
:evil:

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=KP51WS520&Dept=tvvideo&CategoryName=tv_ProjectionTVs_RearProjection_42to51TVs

John Biello
06-17-2005, 09:01 AM
high definition is the greatest thing to happen to sports tv. mor, it is simply amazing, if you have never witnessed it before, make sure you prepare yourself, or else you could go into a vegetable like state and just stare at the screen for weeks

dolfan4good
06-17-2005, 09:02 AM
Well... I've been really busy lately, and haven't been posting much. Between a new job at work (Temporary for now) and my woman and I moving apart... I haven't spent too much time on old finheaven.

My woman owns mostly everything in my house. I didn't realize that until everything was packed and my place was freaking empty.

So to make my self feel better do you think I bought a new bed? Maybe some furniture?

HELL NO!

I bought a big freaking TV! Then I called comcast and ordered HD programming. Come football season, I will watch the dolphins in pure High Definition.

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=KP51WS520&Dept=tvvideo&CategoryName=tv_ProjectionTVs_RearProjection_42to51TVs

I have a 62 inch DLP Mitsubishi with DirecTV Hi Def. I will certainly die in front of it one day.

mor911
06-17-2005, 09:05 AM
I have a 62 inch DLP Mitsubishi with DirecTV Hi Def. I will certainly die in front of it one day.
I bet that thing is freaking awesome. You never know what you missing til you go HD. I didn't have enough money to go DLP. I hear their picture quality is on par with plasma :D

Mindwarp
06-17-2005, 09:14 AM
Mike,
You made me proud to be your friend

dolfan4good
06-17-2005, 09:21 AM
I bet that thing is freaking awesome. You never know what you missing til you go HD. I didn't have enough money to go DLP. I hear their picture quality is on par with plasma :D
Absolutely, the picture is great and you can replace the lamp if it breaks where with plasma there's no fixing it. During footbal games you can see the beads of sweat on the players. You can even see the mesh holes in their jerseys. You think Wanny's crater face was ugly in regular TV, you should have seen it in Hi Def.

John Biello
06-17-2005, 09:31 AM
i went with a 60 inch high def flat screen sony lcd projection tv. i convinced my life to let me buy it cuz we just moved and im doing alot of the repairs/remodeling myself. cant wait to see any of the games im not lucky enough to be at, which hopefully isnt many

Noodle Arm
06-17-2005, 09:54 AM
I'm a bit of a tv/home theater geek...all I can say is you got yourself a great TV mor. Sony's are one of the best "affordable" brands on the market.

John Biello
06-17-2005, 01:23 PM
lol @ affordable!

Noodle Arm
06-17-2005, 01:40 PM
lol @ affordable!

:tongue: that's why I put it in quotations. Actually the prices are pretty good for their rear projection HDTV's. Trust me though...it is affordable compared to the really high end stuff that's out there.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

:hail:

mor911
06-17-2005, 01:49 PM
:tongue: that's why I put it in quotations. Actually the prices are pretty good for their rear projection HDTV's. Trust me though...it is affordable compared to the really high end stuff that's out there.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

:hail:

Seriously man... When I was shopping for a TV, the prices really went skyward. For a Rear Projection TV, mines pretty expensive. There are 51" Rear Projection TVs for under $1000. Mine was probly a little on the pricy side for being a Sony.

Those 62" DLPs like Dolfan4good has probly run between 3-4K. Mine was one of the cheaper TVs on the floor. I'm extremely happy with it. It even sounds great... Has a built in sub woofer!

GreenMonster
06-17-2005, 02:14 PM
Man my T.V. is completly lacking... After viewing Mor911's I feel completly inadequate.

dolfan4good
06-17-2005, 02:19 PM
Seriously man... When I was shopping for a TV, the prices really went skyward. For a Rear Projection TV, mines pretty expensive. There are 51" Rear Projection TVs for under $1000. Mine was probly a little on the pricy side for being a Sony.

Those 62" DLPs like Dolfan4good has probly run between 3-4K. Mine was one of the cheaper TVs on the floor. I'm extremely happy with it. It even sounds great... Has a built in sub woofer!
Yep. That's one of the reasons I went with DLP... the same size plasma would have been close to $10K

byroan
06-17-2005, 03:03 PM
My parents bought a 60" Phillips HDTV Rear Projection TV. They also bought a Phillips surround sound set. Football season will be great this year!

dolfan_101
06-17-2005, 03:32 PM
I quick football related T.V. question. I have comcast digital cable, is there a way i can get dolphins games???? I have NBA, and NHL packages i can chose from but never football!!!

mor911
06-17-2005, 03:34 PM
I quick football related T.V. question. I have comcast digital cable, is there a way i can get dolphins games???? I have NBA, and NHL packages i can chose from but never football!!!
I think DirecTV has a contract with the NFL which restircts comcast from selling All-NFL packages :( We comcast people have to watch games when they air on network TV.

On a lighter note, COmcast offers all of the network channels in HD for $5! :D

dolfan_101
06-17-2005, 03:45 PM
I think DirecTV has a contract with the NFL which restircts comcast from selling All-NFL packages :( We comcast people have to watch games when they air on network TV.

On a lighter note, COmcast offers all of the network channels in HD for $5! :D

That is to bad. Btw sweet T.V., nothing like instant gradification!!!!

DonShula84
06-17-2005, 03:49 PM
Im so jealous!

themole
06-17-2005, 06:24 PM

HELL NO!

So...you got yourself an HDTV. A nice one at that. Your journey into the world of HD has just begun. Before I purchased mine, I spent about six months researching and decided on the Hitachi 51SWX20B. It was one of the most tweakable units available in 03.

I would recommend you take a look at www.avsforums.com. It's free, but you will have to subscribe. There will be forums on this site that will be dedicated to your model tv and you will then begin to get your education into the world of HD. You will learn what a ISF professional calibrator will be able to do for your set to make the picture 35mm photo sharp. LOL..you will also learn that what you bought, with a few minor adjustments you can do yourself by buying an AVIA calibration disk or its competitor, Video Essentials, will run PLASMA out of the house! That's no BULL. You will also learn that for less money than you spent on those MONSTER CABLES that were most likely pushed on you by the store you bought your set from. You could have ordered a set of Blue Jeans Cables or Better Cables < (that's their name) and visibly be able to tell the difference. Welcome to the world of HD. Now go to AVS and get HOOKED on making that TV look better than you could ever imagine. I reccomend you also do some research on setting up your DVD player and what format DVDs will provide you the best picture.

dolfan4good
06-17-2005, 06:43 PM
So...you got yourself an HDTV. A nice one at that. Your journey into the world of HD has just begun. Before I purchased mine, I spent about six months researching and decided on the Hitachi 51SWX20B. It was one of the most tweakable units available in 03.

I would recommend you take a look at www.avsforums.com. It's free, but you will have to subscribe. There will be forums on this site that will be dedicated to your model tv and you will then begin to get your education into the world of HD. You will learn what a ISF professional calibrator will be able to do for your set to make the picture 35mm photo sharp. LOL..you will also learn that what you bought, with a few minor adjustments you can do yourself by buying an AVIA calibration disk or its competitor, Video Essentials, will run PLASMA out of the house! That's no BULL. You will also learn that for less money than you spent on those MONSTER CABLES that were most likely pushed on you by the store you bought your set from. You could have ordered a set of Blue Jeans Cables or Better Cables < (that's their name) and visibly be able to tell the difference. Welcome to the world of HD. Now go to AVS and get HOOKED on making that TV look better than you could ever imagine. I reccomend you also do some research on setting up your DVD player and what format DVDs will provide you the best picture.

Sheesh Mole! Where were you when I bought mine 8 months ago? I could've used this kind of info! I too researched for about 6 months prior to purchase.

themole
06-17-2005, 07:44 PM
Sheesh Mole! Where were you when I bought mine 8 months ago? I could've used this kind of info! I too researched for about 6 months prior to purchase.

Well...fortunately for you Dolfan4good, you made an excellent decision also. My advise still applies for you too. If all you have done is to your set is get it home and plug it in...YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET! Google Video Essentials or AVIA Calibration disk and read up on what they can do for that "Marvalous Work and a Wonder" you now are calling your BABY.
:biggrin: You may be able to pick one up at Tiger Direct or some higher end store in Miami. I ordered mine from the Internet $25.00. If you can sneak it past your LOVELY (for some reason wifes don't get off on this stuff) for around $150.00-200.00 an ISF Calibrator will come to your house and spend 2 - 4 hours setting the greyscale and each gun, Red, Blue and Green at 6500 degrees Kelvin which is exactly the temps. that Hollywood films their movies at. There are so many things you can do (or have done) to that TV that it will rival ANY AMC Digital Theatre you have ever been to. OH! And HDDVDs are right around the corner, I think by the end of this year.