PDA

View Full Version : Do those "Fill out this survey and get a free 42' plasma TV" things work?

Clark Kent
06-17-2005, 08:38 PM
You know what I'm talking about. You'll see an ad that says if you fill out a survey you'll something cool (or referrals). All you have to do is sign up for stuff (like Credit cards and junk).

Do those things really work? I doubt it, but I always see them and want to know if they're worth it. It's one of those things where you see something you want and say "Damn, that would be sweet to have" then think "but it's BS."

Anyone ever tried one of these things and got something? Or is it just crap that you shouldn't waste your time on?

WeVie'S WiFe
06-17-2005, 08:42 PM
no i did it one time

SCall13
06-17-2005, 08:43 PM
You know what I'm talking about. You'll see an ad that says if you fill out a survey you'll something cool (or referrals). All you have to do is sign up for stuff (like Credit cards and junk).

Do those things really work? I doubt it, but I always see them and want to know if they're worth it. It's one of those things where you see something you want and say "Damn, that would be sweet to have" then think "but it's BS."

Anyone ever tried one of these things and got something? Or is it just crap that you shouldn't waste your time on?

NO!

A Wing Pilot
06-17-2005, 09:21 PM
NOPE, once you fufill all of the requirements you end up spending or having others spend as much as the tv itself. then they give you a hard time about proving it and bank on the fact that you will just give up.

Prime
06-17-2005, 09:24 PM
Your Emails will also be flooded by all of them damn advertiments from them.

Boone
06-17-2005, 11:57 PM
Good rule to follow....

If it sounds too good to be true....it usually is!

Predaphin
06-18-2005, 12:14 AM
nope don;t work

DonShula84
06-18-2005, 12:45 AM
I did it one time and you have to fill in personal information. I was stupid enough to do it and I can phone calls from people wanting to sell me **** for months. Still waiting for that damn tv to show up :goof: The things you will do when you're really bored

Jt0323
06-18-2005, 12:48 AM
Your Emails will also be flooded by all of them damn advertiments from them.
:yes:

Alien
06-18-2005, 01:27 AM
i tried to do that for a free psp and i didnt even do anything with it but somehow just filling in info and quitting on it they flood my email, so like every week ill have like 200 friggin messages rrrr

_dan24
06-18-2005, 11:55 AM
If you decide to fill one of them out, use an email address that you do NOT use all the time. All they are doing is collecting your data and selling it.

Roman529
06-18-2005, 03:20 PM
NOPE!! I tried it for a TV and also for a $100 Starbucks gift card....all they want is your e-mail address so they can send you more emails. It's a scam.

:mad:

painnotpleasure
06-18-2005, 04:03 PM
NO! It's a trick, a scam, FRAUD! Getting that TV for filling out the survey equals the same odds as winning the lottery. One in 10 million, actually more than that. And just think... does anyone ever win the lottery? Could it all be a scam, a cover up? How do you know if someone wins the lottery, can you prove it? Have YOU ever won the lottery? Anyone you know ever win the lottery? NO! Of course not, IMPOSSIBLE! Although... I do have this theory...

Those who win the lottery are none other than UFO's or aliens. Than once they win their millions they buy their own UFO ship and abduct people just so they could use the saying "your odds of winning lottery are the same as being abducted by a UFO". So all these UFO's abduct people so that causes people to buy more lottery tickets because they think hey people are getting abducted, that means my odds of winning the lottery increase.

IT'S ALL A SCAM!!! If you get that TV... we may never here from you again... you could very well be in that ship abducting those people........ DAMNIT... I've said too much....... but before they take me away, I must warn you all..... DON'T EVER EVER EV......... :abduct:

Noodle Arm
06-18-2005, 04:58 PM
NO! It's a trick, a scam, FRAUD! Getting that TV for filling out the survey equals the same odds as winning the lottery. One in 10 million, actually more than that. And just think... does anyone ever win the lottery? Could it all be a scam, a cover up? How do you know if someone wins the lottery, can you prove it? Have YOU ever won the lottery? Anyone you know ever win the lottery? NO! Of course not, IMPOSSIBLE! Although... I do have this theory...

Those who win the lottery are none other than UFO's or aliens. Than once they win their millions they buy their own UFO ship and abduct people just so they could use the saying "your odds of winning lottery are the same as being abducted by a UFO". So all these UFO's abduct people so that causes people to buy more lottery tickets because they think hey people are getting abducted, that means my odds of winning the lottery increase.

IT'S ALL A SCAM!!! If you get that TV... we may never here from you again... you could very well be in that ship abducting those people........ DAMNIT... I've said too much....... but before they take me away, I must warn you all..... DON'T EVER EVER EV......... :abduct:

Admit it....you wrote all that JUST to post that smiley. :lol:

painnotpleasure
06-18-2005, 05:03 PM
Admit it....you wrote all that JUST to post that smiley. :lol: http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Buddwalk
06-18-2005, 06:07 PM
i tried to do that for a free psp and i didnt even do anything with it but somehow just filling in info and quitting on it they flood my email, so like every week ill have like 200 friggin messages rrrr

Use yahoo...they will block spam

then you just empty your bulk

still a bad idea to ever do that but oh well