PDA

View Full Version : No Blu Ray for Sony's PS3

Clark Kent
06-17-2005, 10:00 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/17/news_6127714.html

Not too long ago, discussions between the Blu-ray and HD-DVD factions began in an effort to come up with a unified solution that would satisfy both camps. However, talks fell apart after Toshiba announced last month that it has no plans to accept Blu-ray's disc structure as the base for a unified standard.

The hits keep on coming...

finsrule84
06-17-2005, 11:02 PM
no, it will have Blu Ray its just that they are not going to merge the Blu-Ray and HD-DVD formats

Motion
06-20-2005, 03:02 PM
Since when is the entertainment industry run by Toshiba? Sony will bring Blu-Ray out.

Deus Ex Dolphin
06-20-2005, 03:33 PM
Yeah, it will be HD-DVD format versus Blu-Ray format for High Definition movies. Sony is betting it all on Blu-Ray, much like they did with Betamax instead of VHS.

I wonder how that turned out? :)

For that matter, who here can name the Sony music format they pushed instead of MP3 and others?

mor911
06-20-2005, 04:09 PM
Yeah, it will be HD-DVD format versus Blu-Ray format for High Definition movies. Sony is betting it all on Blu-Ray, much like they did with Betamax instead of VHS.

I wonder how that turned out? :)

For that matter, who here can name the Sony music format they pushed instead of MP3 and others?
I'm interested... Who? :D

Deus Ex Dolphin
06-21-2005, 01:09 PM
I don't remember what it's called... and Sony might not remember either! :D

Clark Kent
06-21-2005, 03:02 PM
no, it will have Blu Ray its just that they are not going to merge the Blu-Ray and HD-DVD formats

Yeah, my bad. I didn't write the title correctly.

It should have been no Blu Ray support for the PS3 (which is the only feature that will save the PS3, IMO)

SabanSucks
06-24-2005, 03:59 AM
Yeah, my bad. I didn't write the title correctly.

It should have been no Blu Ray support for the PS3 (which is the only feature that will save the PS3, IMO)

What are you talking about? Your reading comprehension is very poor.