PDA

View Full Version : Next GTA Title...place ya bets.

JPhinfan86
06-21-2005, 05:11 AM
As some of you know I work Rhino Video Games (Store #84 in Sioux City, IA) and being in that field things come by me once in awhile. A guy traded a Grand Theft Auto: Director's Cut and while processing it I noticed something pretty obvious. In the first GTA ever three cities appeared in this order. Liberty City, Vice City and San Andreas. This was the ORIGINAL release from some time ago, which many of you should remember. Well as we all know the record up until now has been Liberty City in part III, then Vice City and finally San Andreas which was adapted from a city to a state that consists of San Francisco, Los Angeles and Las Vegas. The next title after GTA 2 which apparently was next included in the original story (being that part III was the PS2 port we all know and love). That title is: Grand Theft Auto: London 1969. If there is any degree of continuity that would be our best bet for the next release for the current and next-gen GTA series. To confirm this just find any map from the original series, open it up and you'll see what i'm talking about. Oh and for the record.....I pray to God it's not set in London....especially in 1969. :pray: :pray:

Ferretsquig
06-21-2005, 10:19 AM
I think its either over for the GTA series or they will go in an entirely new direction. The people who develope it have some conscience and after this money grab with the last two titles they should be ashamed. The last time they put out a lousy title in GTA2 they reponded with the best game in a while in GTA3.

TrueDolFan
06-21-2005, 02:41 PM
Who cares? Grand Theft Auto is a sh!tty game. It's made for the masses - people like crap, and they always will like crap. Hardcore gamers know this to be true.

JPhinfan86
06-22-2005, 04:32 AM
Where is that coming from? You must have a very person vendetta with Rockstar to explode like that. I did buy the game and I do find it fun (but a little bit goes a long way). However, I and many of you know very well that the very best game series EVER created is the Splinter Cell series. It has co-op, FPS and team combat elements in the greatest online scheme in existance, it also has the greatest solo story mode any game will ever have and those who don't agree cannot follow the storyline. :lol: If you argue with the graphics you will automatically lose all credibility....period. :chuckle:

ScottishFin
06-22-2005, 08:47 AM
Rocjstar North are about a mile up the road from my work and a m8 knows two of the developers. There will be more GTA games , the rumour is they want to set one in Scotland (PLEASE) hell knows where but it would be hilarious IMO as no one can understand my accent at thebest of times but in a video game ... oh man id love this to happen :D

RAS25
06-22-2005, 10:46 AM
Where is that coming from? You must have a very person vendetta with Rockstar to explode like that. I did buy the game and I do find it fun (but a little bit goes a long way). However, I and many of you know very well that the very best game series EVER created is the Splinter Cell series. It has co-op, FPS and team combat elements in the greatest online scheme in existance, it also has the greatest solo story mode any game will ever have and those who don't agree cannot follow the storyline. :lol: If you argue with the graphics you will automatically lose all credibility....period. :chuckle:

Im with u on this, for my money it dosent get better than the splinter cells.I cant wait for SC Anarcy:Galore on the 360 i dont know if its possible to top chaos theory.

Jt0323
06-22-2005, 12:56 PM
I think NYC woluld be a nice place to have GTA take place

Slappy8800
06-22-2005, 09:04 PM

now THAT id play....but id prefer it if you could drive to Jersey too

JPhinfan86
06-23-2005, 03:01 AM
I'm thinking that Liberty City was Rockstar's version of NYC, just as Vice City is Miami and San Andrea contains San Francisco, Los Angeles and Las Vegas. When I very first played part III I automatically thought NYC before the others created the pattern we know now....I could be wrong and NYC could certainly be done more accurately.... :dunno:

LtDan
06-23-2005, 05:07 AM
Who cares? Grand Theft Auto is a sh!tty game. It's made for the masses - people like crap, and they always will like crap. Hardcore gamers know this to be true.Who Cares!

5P1KES
06-23-2005, 10:47 PM
I heard a rumor that they're going to make a GTA: Live - where you play online (I heard it's gonna be an Xbox/360 title first, but you'll be able to join gangs, or start your own - I think that when you want to sign off, you should have to hide your character so that he doesn't get smoked by a rival gang member or something.

Seriously though, this kind of idea has tons and tons of potential. You could compete with other gangs for control of vice in your city - protection/prostitution/robbery/extortion/money laundering/etc...

But seriously, this sounds like a game that I could definitely get into.

Personally, the Liberty city and Vice City GTAs didn't really do a whole lot for me.

5P1KES
06-23-2005, 10:49 PM
You could also allign your gang with a rival gang for the sake of consolidating power against a gang that maybe outnumbers you/has better weapons/is better connected/has more politicians/cops in their pockets etc...

JPhinfan86
06-24-2005, 03:58 AM
What you're talking about is alot like what is already in the works for a game known as 'Spore'. In this game EVER SINGLE ENTITY is controlled by a real person online. Colonies are formed and each person has a task. I'm fairly sure that these seperate colonies will experience some type of competition. The characters are to be insect-like.