PDA

View Full Version : merge rosco parish

jason_taylor
06-23-2005, 01:13 AM
here is something i found on mr. parish hope you guys find it intersting:D

The on-again, off-again football career of former South Carolina high school standout Roscoe Crosby could be on again.

This time in the NFL.

Crosby, whose stints with Clemson and baseball's Kansas City Royals were sidetracked by injuries and personal tragedy, is in the process of applying for entry into the NFL's supplemental draft on July 14.

"We're very optimistic he'll get approval and there should be a lot of interest in a guy with Roscoe's ability," said Kevin Parker, Crosby's agent. "This is a young man that was the best wide receiver in the country coming out of high school. He's been a two-sport athlete. But, now, he's concentrating only on football and it should be real interesting to see what happens when he's focused totally on football."

Parker said Crosby, 22, made the decision to pursue a career in the NFL after an arbitration dispute with the Royals ended in February. Crosby has been working out with a personal trainer in Columbia, and hopes to work out for teams if he receives permission to enter the supplemental draft.

Crosby, 6-foot-3 and 210 pounds, was South Carolina's Mr. Football and a consensus All-American coming out of Union High. He initially decided to play both sports, enrolling at Clemson and signing a contract with the Royals. But his career never really took off on either front. His baseball hopes were dampened by elbow surgery, and he never appeared in a game for the Royals. He also had to deal with the drowning death of his brother and the loss of three friends who were killed in a car accident while on their way to watch him in spring training.

Crosby did see more action in football. As a freshman in 2001, he appeared in 10 games for Clemson and caught 27 passes for 465 yards and four touchdowns. He also appeared in one game in 2003 before quitting the team for family reasons.

The supplemental draft follows the same order as the April draft, meaning Carolina would have the 14th overall pick. Former Southern California defensive tackle Manuel Wright is the only player so far to receive admission to the supplemental draft.

Team's are often hesitant to use supplemental draft picks early because they have to forfeit a draft pick in the corresponding round in the following year's April draft.

However, Crosby's untapped athletic ability could entice a team to use a late-round pick to try to develop him. The Carolina Panthers could show some interest. They wanted to add depth at receiver in the April draft, but didn't find a good match. The Panthers haven't signed any veteran receivers since releasing Muhsin Muhammad in February

any thoughts???

GreenMonster
06-23-2005, 01:21 AM
On Roscoe Parrish or Roscoe Crosby???

jason_taylor
06-23-2005, 01:25 AM
On Roscoe Parrish or Roscoe Crosby???

sorry a little on the can tonite sorry Roscoe Crosby:lol:

jason_taylor
06-23-2005, 01:26 AM
drunk 2 much lmao

spydertl79
06-23-2005, 03:27 AM
u mean drank too much?
rofl

ch19079
06-23-2005, 08:08 AM
sorry a little on the can tonite sorry Roscoe Crosby:lol:
i thaught you were gunna give me some bad news about my rookie WR. :chair:
i couldnt think of any other reason his name would come up on the fins message board.