PDA

View Full Version : Top trilogy - Splinter Cell

JPhinfan86
06-23-2005, 03:43 AM
Comparison that proves Splinter Cell completely dominates Metal Gear Solid:

MGS 'Credentials' -

1.) Metal Gear chronicles an American 'soldier' however, the story was created by Hideo Kojima.....a JAPANESE MAN.

2.) Kojima completely knocked off 'Snake Pliskin' from the movies: "Escape from New York" and "L.A." (Played by Kurt Russell, Kojima even took his name). 'Solid Snake' uses the same voice and tries to act cool....but we know he's just a dork.

3.) In MGS3 you stab an alligator with a knife for fourty hours and two cans of rations pop into the air.....???? Snake can't chew meat or was that just too cool of an idea to implement?

4.) The camera in this series is just plain HORRIBLE.

5.) Team contact takes for freakin' ever.....codec...pfft.

6.) Opponents in MGS consist of Revolver Ocelot and Grey Fox. :shakeno:

7.) Snake was spotted in a shop on Rodeo Drive buying man-thongs with his boyfriend -- John Madden.

Splinter Cell credentials -

1.) Splinter Cell is the brainchild of a true American. Not just AN American....thee American who is officially the authority on military novels and storylines. Clancy rules, Kojima sucks.

2.) Sam Fisher as a character is brilliant. I've become so sick of the average "young Navy SEAL turned solo". Sam is a 'seasoned veteran'....his experience makes complete sense.

3.) Environments in each and every Splinter Cell game are entirely feasible.

4.) Each item and weapon Sam has on the mission can actually be seen first hand on him whether it be in a pouch or just strapped onto him.

5.) Graphics.....that's it....just 'graphics' period.

6.) Team contact takes place while in motion via a sub-dermal implant in Sam's neck. No annoying 20 minute convos with a dorky dude in glasses without being able to continue your mission at the same time.

7.) The camera control in S.C. is amazing, you put it where you want it to better complete your mission.

8.) Clancy's plots are very feasible and are coherent if ya pay attention. :chuckle:

9.) Opponents in S.C. consist of Kombayne Nikoladze (Georgian -- former Russian satellite -- President), Suhadi Sodono Indonesian Guerilla and Admiral Otomo -- Head of the Japanese Information Self Defense Force I.S.D.F.

Verdict: The Third Echelon of the N.S.A. has got it down pat, Splinter Cell rules. Can't wait for "Splinter Cell: The Movie" here pretty soon (actually confirmed, not wishful thinking :lol: ).

RAS25
06-23-2005, 06:54 AM
Amen to that :clap: :clap: :clap:

And dont forget about Splinter Cell:Anarcy Galore due out for the 360 this winter

mor911
06-23-2005, 08:50 AM
Awesome post man :D

I do want to note that I like the MGS series... but I do feel they are WAY over rated.

burton87
06-23-2005, 10:41 AM
Booo, I disagree.. but you win the arguement casue i;m to lazy to post a big response.

spydertl79
07-03-2005, 01:43 PM
MGS is ok but people herald it as a great game and its ok. Original, but slightly above mediocre.

Motion
07-03-2005, 01:57 PM
Wow that green is hard to read. I'm a diehard MGS fan, I've played and beaten everyone of them clear back to the NES version. I'm also a big fan of Splinter Cell as well. Personally, I know they are both stealth oriented but they are alot different in other aspects. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but by the sound of it you haven't played all the MGS games and a few of your statements are way off.

kastofsna120
07-04-2005, 12:00 PM
i don't like either series that much, but i liked MGS for PS a lot