PDA

View Full Version : work out plans

Doktor Ivel
06-23-2005, 11:12 AM
do you guys have any good workout plans? I'm trying to decrease my 40 time.
i want to increase my speed.

when i practice running the 40, i'm not very explosive off the get go. it usually takes me like 4 steps to get going.

i play high school football, many of you have seen my pic before in my old avatar, and signiture.

heres my current workout plan, that i'm gonna start Friday.
anything i should add to it?

Stretches

Extend full body stretch

Opening the chest

Shoulder shrugs

Releasing side of neck

Forearms

Wrists

Fingers & Thumb

Shake it out

Ankle rolls

Calf stretch

Call Ripkens

Buddha

Back breakers

Ham strings

thighs

perimeter= 3.5 mile run

exaggerated skipping= 100 yards

basketball slides= 100 yards

Frankenstein= 100 yards

Kick butt= 100 yards

stiff-legged running= 100 yards

high-knee walking= 100 yards

high-knee jogging= 100 yards

standing long jumps= 100 yards

stretches (same as above)

5 Down Backs= 100 yards, down and back

balance= stand on one foot for 15 min. switch

zach13
06-23-2005, 11:21 AM
Have you ever looked at Jerry Rice's workout regimen?

"Rice's six-day-a-week workout is divided into two parts: two hours of cardiovascular work in the morning and three hours of strength training each afternoon. Early in the off-season, the a.m. segment consists of a five-mile trail run near San Carlos on a torturous course called, simply, The Hill. But since five vertical miles can hardly be considered a workout, he pauses on the steepest section to do a series of ten 40-meter uphill sprints. As the season approaches, however, Rice knows it's time to start conserving energy — so he forgoes The Hill and instead merely does a couple of sprints: six 100-yarders, six 80s, six 60s, six 40s, six 20s, and 16 tens, with no rest between sprints and just two and a half minutes between sets."

For the p.m. sessions he alternates between upper-body and lower-body days. But no matter which half of his body he's working on, the volume is always the same: three sets of ten reps of 21 different exercises. Yes, your calculator's right: That's 630 repetitions a day.

Schleprock
06-23-2005, 11:23 AM
What the hell does this have to do with Dolphin football?

wonderl33t
06-23-2005, 11:39 AM

so when the Dolphins slaughter the Raiders in Oakland, he can get the hell out of there unscathed

*_*ADMIRAL*_*
06-23-2005, 11:56 AM

i hate people like u ...if u dont agree with DONT SAY ANYTHING

MDFINFAN
06-23-2005, 12:02 PM
do you guys have any good workout plans? I'm trying to decrease my 40 time.

when i practice running the 40, i'm not very explosive off the get go. it usually takes me like 4 steps to get going.

i play high school football, many of you have seen my pic before in my old avatar, and signiture.

Stretches

Extend full body stretch

Opening the chest

Shoulder shrugs

Releasing side of neck

Forearms

Wrists

Fingers & Thumb

Shake it out

Ankle rolls

Calf stretch

Call Ripkens

Buddha

Back breakers

Ham strings

thighs

perimeter= 3.5 mile run

exaggerated skipping= 100 yards

basketball slides= 100 yards

Frankenstein= 100 yards

Kick butt= 100 yards

stiff-legged running= 100 yards

high-knee walking= 100 yards

high-knee jogging= 100 yards

standing long jumps= 100 yards

5 Down Backs= 100 yards, down and back

balance= stand on one foot for 15 min. switch

Do you ever ran with wieghts around you ankles? I'm sure you're seen RB with the parachuttes for resistant type training, I used to use those weight bags around my ankles as I ran...once I took them off, I used to get faster starts.

RoninFin4
06-23-2005, 12:03 PM
check your PMs

Schleprock
06-23-2005, 12:04 PM
And I hate people who don't follow rules....that's why our prisons are overflowing with trash.

BLUESTIGIDY
06-23-2005, 12:11 PM
[QUOTE=Doktor Ivel]do you guys have any good workout plans? I'm trying to decrease my 40 time.

Stretches

Try to get yourself a weighted FLAK Jacket & Girdle... The resistance will help increase speed when your not wearing them. You can use them during your complete workout... I ran 4.75's b4 using and ran 4.55's after!!! Works wonders---other option is the chute or rubberband pulls.
Good Luck :D

FinsAreLife
06-23-2005, 01:04 PM
Have you ever looked at Jerry Rice's workout regimen?

"Rice's six-day-a-week workout is divided into two parts: two hours of cardiovascular work in the morning and three hours of strength training each afternoon. Early in the off-season, the a.m. segment consists of a five-mile trail run near San Carlos on a torturous course called, simply, The Hill. But since five vertical miles can hardly be considered a workout, he pauses on the steepest section to do a series of ten 40-meter uphill sprints. As the season approaches, however, Rice knows it's time to start conserving energy — so he forgoes The Hill and instead merely does a couple of sprints: six 100-yarders, six 80s, six 60s, six 40s, six 20s, and 16 tens, with no rest between sprints and just two and a half minutes between sets."

For the p.m. sessions he alternates between upper-body and lower-body days. But no matter which half of his body he's working on, the volume is always the same: three sets of ten reps of 21 different exercises. Yes, your calculator's right: That's 630 repetitions a day.

Rice's work out plan is amazing, it has to be how else could a 40+ yr old WR still be in shape and keeping up with the young guys in the NFL

A Wing Pilot
06-23-2005, 01:07 PM
As a coach, DO NOT run with wieghts on your ankles unles you don't need your knees. I have a great book provided by the NFL for Youth practices, stretches and more. I will try to scan it in for you, PM me to remind me. ther eis a few books and training videos to help, its worth the investment. That seems like alot for warm-ups how long is the rest of your practice? Also give me your position so i can focus on improvement drills for your specific skill sets/needs

Justasportsfan
06-23-2005, 01:11 PM
As a coach, DO NOT run with wieghts on your ankles unles you don't need your knees. :up:

Almost screwed up mine training for chess.

Krie30511
06-23-2005, 01:35 PM
for the explosion.....i have 6 words for you.... POWER CLEANS POWER CLEANS POWER CLEANS.....

burton87
06-23-2005, 02:25 PM

Just to let everyone know, this is Docter Ivel's other login name.

dolfan4good
06-23-2005, 02:32 PM
:up:

Almost screwed up mine training for chess.
Then you should have put the ankle wieghts on your head... :lol:

byroan
06-23-2005, 02:43 PM
Just to let everyone know, this is Docter Ivel's other login name.

Are you serious? I thought his other name was slappy.

gonick1
06-23-2005, 03:47 PM

Well hate is a strong word, I think what dude was sayin' was "DR. I" should have posted this in the lounge or general it doesnt have a damn thing to do w/ the dolphins.

dolfan4good
06-23-2005, 03:51 PM
Are you serious? I thought his other name was slappy.
Not Slappy, Slap Happy

rujpett?
06-23-2005, 04:15 PM
Boys - can't we all just get along?

FinaticPatch
06-23-2005, 04:16 PM
I would add Ploy on the stairs........maybe squat jumps skipping a step ot two or three depending on current fitnees level. Get a weight sled too, I dropped .2 sec in 3-4 months by training alot with the weight sled.