PDA

View Full Version : A question for fantasy football commissioner/league owners.

phinfan2003
06-28-2005, 03:35 PM
I've been playing FF for over 10 years. I've always enjoyed playing and this year a friend and I have decided to create our own 12 man league. I like to play for a decent size prize so the entry fee will be between $200-$300 per team(personally, I'm aiming for $300 but we'll see what the rest of the people want to play for). This league will be hosted online with a live online draft and I'm making the scoring system to be balanced yardage/touchdown. Since this is my 1st year starting up a league, I was wondering if any of you can give me tips on how to promote my league as to ensure that we will get enough players. As of right now, we have 4 owners and I'm trying to get 8 others who are willing to play for more than just a $200 prize. Also, what are some good rules to have to ensure fair play and a lot of fun (Although I think it's fun to trade, I'm considering no trades because I don't want to take the chance of some shady trades when money is involved. Furthermore, if I as commish have the final say on all trades, there may be some bi*ching if certain trades get vetoed or are accepted. If I give the owners the veto power, they may veto any trade regardless of how fair it may be simply because it poses a threat against them). Your feedback is appreciated.