PDA

View Full Version : Carter could be a fatal signing for Miami.

harmonkoz
10-24-2002, 11:45 AM
The risk here isn't worth the reward, because the risk is that there won't be a reward. Sure, Carter will elevate the passing-game potential of Miami. Yes, I know the saying — all he does is catch touchdowns. But in the late stages of his career, catching touchdowns wasn't all he was doing. He was creating problems and teaching the youngsters around him bad habits. Look at Randy Moss. Moss had issues coming into the NFL, but Carter did nothing to teach him how to be a good team player. Carter, quite frankly, taught him the opposite.

This isn't going to mesh well in Miami. The Dolphins have had problems in the second halves of the past few seasons. They crumble down the stretch. While many of us look forward to the holiday season, the Dolphins rue the coming of it, because they go into a funk. And it's purely a mental thing at this point.

Good article, here is the link ladies (http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Commentary/Columns/2002/hanacek102302.htm)

MarinoFan
10-24-2002, 12:06 PM
Damn Harmon, you know better than to read what PFW has to say. The National Enquirer of sports sites. This is based totally on opinion of the author, which I could care less. You think your wishes, and Andy Hanacek's wishes for Carter to funk have absolutely anything to do with what is really going to happen? The only time Carter was a cancer was when his team did not want to play last year. Until last year he was the ultimate leader and even had the NFL Man of Year award. That is not given to cancers. Did you even hear what happened in Minnesota last year? With the fact that Korey Stringer died and everything revolving around that, when the season began the whole team wanted to end the season and not play a game. EXCEPT Cris Carter. He is a competitor if there ever was one, and right now if Buffalo had made the addition of the second most prolific reciever in NFL history, you'd be ranting about the best move in the history of Bills football next to Bledsoe. And how Bledsoe wasd going to throw 20 TD's in the remaining games to him alone. Man sit back and look at what it really is. Carter is and was the most sought after receiver and we got him, period point blank. Stop making wishes and hoping they come true. Before the season began, all you Bills fans talked about was how Ricky was not going to be any good. He would get injured. He is weird with his helmet interviews and all. Now you are picking on the fact we got Cris. Well you and Andy are both Dolphin haters and that's fine, but damn, I don't take what you or him say worth two cents. Opinions are just that, what you think AND hope will happen.

harmonkoz
10-24-2002, 10:47 PM
Damn Harmon, you know better than to read what PFW has to say. The National Enquirer of sports sites.

Actually PFW has some pretty good information. Why do you think the ESPN website shells out the cash to display their content?

This is based totally on opinion of the author, which I could care less. You think your wishes, and Andy Hanacek's wishes for Carter to funk have absolutely anything to do with what is really going to happen?

Its not my wish, dumb-a$$ it's an educated prediction.

The only time Carter was a cancer was when his team did not want to play last year. Until last year he was the ultimate leader and even had the NFL Man of Year award. That is not given to cancers.

Actually, no his outbursts have been well documented for several years. In addition, the NFL Man of the Year award is largely based on off-field contributions throughout the year to recognized charities and organizations.

Did you even hear what happened in Minnesota last year? With the fact that Korey Stringer died and everything revolving around that, when the season began the whole team wanted to end the season and not play a game. EXCEPT Cris Carter.

Wow you must have been there sniffing his a$$, because I don't think even the best reporters have the information that you do. Most of the items I read mentioned how the team was dedicating their season to Stringer.

He is a competitor if there ever was one, and right now if Buffalo had made the addition of the second most prolific reciever in NFL history, you'd be ranting about the best move in the history of Bills football next to Bledsoe. And how Bledsoe wasd going to throw 20 TD's in the remaining games to him alone. Man sit back and look at what it really is.

First, I have never liked Carter. Second I know Tom Donahoe is a character guy. He would never pick up a guy like Carter. I would not want him.

Carter is and was the most sought after receiver and we got him, period point blank.

Damn, you are a stupid m'fer, aren't you? Tell me again why Cancer boy was sitting in a broadcasting booth?

Stop making wishes and hoping they come true. Before the season began, all you Bills fans talked about was how Ricky was not going to be any good. He would get injured. He is weird with his helmet interviews and all. Now you are picking on the fact we got Cris. Well you and Andy are both Dolphin haters and that's fine, but damn, I don't take what you or him say worth two cents. Opinions are just that, what you think AND hope will happen.

Well, okay Nancy... Run along now and go play with the other little girls... LMAO :lol:

PS. Can you avoid writing another novel with your reply? :evil:

Mr.Reality
10-24-2002, 10:49 PM
Finally. Some credibility to the Dolphins.

MarinoFan
10-24-2002, 10:53 PM
I heard it in his press conference jerkoffskie. By educated guess you mean ust like the one of Ricky not being any good? HAHAHA, you're too much. If you get a headache from reading a couple of sentences the stick your thumb up your ass for 2 minutes then smell it. I am sure you will forget all about the headache. Regardless, Cris will prove you wrong, and you'll be here denying you ever said anything. OH YEAH, try reading the article closely, very opinionated my friend, very.

Mr.Reality
10-24-2002, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by MarinoFan
I heard it in his press conference jerkoffskie. If you get a headache from reading a couple of sentences the stick your thumb up your ass for 2 minutes then smell it. OH YEAH, try reading the article closely, very opinionated my friend, very.
I was wrong. Upon closer reveiw, I've decided signing Chris Carter is nowhere near as crazy as sticking your thumb up your ass and smelling it for 2 minutes. Somehow that one just sorta. . . ZING!! Right under the radar. Silly me. I should have understood the Florida mentality from the start.

harmonkoz
10-24-2002, 11:01 PM
LMAO @ Mr. Reality

Ricky is a pud, he could not even get a bill against our less than stellar defense. I still think that dress wearing puss is going to get broken before the end of the year.

Just because you like to do strange things with your thumb and your hoo-ha to relieve head-ache pain, does not mean other people do. Try some Motrin. Well then again... In your case you might want some Midol.

I don't mind opinions when I happen to agree with them.

The Phantom
10-24-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by harmonkoz
LMAO @ Mr. Reality

Ricky is a pud, he could not even get a bill against our less than stellar defense. I still think that dress wearing puss is going to get broken before the end of the year.

Holy Fricking Cow....I'm impressed son...at least somebody else finally comes out of LA-LA- Land and realizes that Ricky is a broken tree trunk of an athlete....yep,ol' RW has really put up the numbers hasn't he...he'll be broken by the 8th week of the season..only because the rest of the offense is in hiatous or injured....Wannstedt will over use him....then Ricky will smoke his hamstring in a bundle,and the Dolphins will finish out the season as an 8-8 team..!
I'm no Bills fan......but damnit,you guys deserve to win at least 1 Super Bowl....the Broncos finally figured it out,after 4 mistries...never give up hope...because as long as New England,N.Y.Jets,and Buffalo can win Super Bowls before Miami does again...well,let's just say that it's a great day in the NFL..!

SoFL-Cheesehead
10-24-2002, 11:11 PM
I do not like having Carter in a Dolphine uniform! The Dolphine uniform stands for something more than just winning and loosing! The way Carter was fighting the players and coaches up in Viking land, I do not want to see the same thing here!!

Mr.Reality
10-24-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fish
The way Carter was fighting the players and coaches up in Viking land, I do not want to see the same thing here!!
Think Carter could take Ricky?

SoFL-Cheesehead
10-24-2002, 11:22 PM
only if Ricky gets him with his legs!!

Speaking of the Vikings. I read somewhere that a Viking player, I don't know if it is a former or present player is comming out of the closet! Just think of it = a Gay Viqueen!!

I wonder if it is Chris Carter???

Mr.Reality
10-24-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fish
only if Ricky gets him with his legs!!
:lol: