PDA

View Full Version : Mmo's

Wagon Circler
06-29-2005, 04:14 AM
Lets hear from the people that play the two heavyweights: Everquest2 and World of Warcraft.

DonShula84
06-29-2005, 04:36 AM
I played WoW for a little bit on a friends account. It was a lot of fun and Id start my own account if I could afford it. The only MMO I played a lot of was Dark Age of Camelot, game was great and insanely addicting. I play Guild Wars only because it is free. Never played the Everquest games though

Wagon Circler
06-29-2005, 04:56 AM
I played DAoC as well, it was a very fun pvp game, but the regular creature encounters stunk it up compared to other games.

mor911
06-29-2005, 09:26 AM
I play Guildwars :D

Buddwalk
06-29-2005, 09:47 AM
I used to play galaxies but it lags too bad

Dolfan984
06-29-2005, 08:17 PM
Depends what you're looking for. PVP and just being able to jump into it I'd choose WoW.

For a better challenge, a bigger world, way more races/classes, and more spells/skills go EQ2.

Pretty much WoW is better for someone who's just getting into MMORPGS because EQ2 you're involved in A LOT of close fights unlike WoW (Where you just smash on anything relative to your level in most cases)

I give EQ2 a 9 and WoW an 8. :D

Wagon Circler
06-30-2005, 01:07 AM
Depends what you're looking for. PVP and just being able to jump into it I'd choose WoW.

For a better challenge, a bigger world, way more races/classes, and more spells/skills go EQ2.

Pretty much WoW is better for someone who's just getting into MMORPGS because EQ2 you're involved in A LOT of close fights unlike WoW (Where you just smash on anything relative to your level in most cases)

I give EQ2 a 9 and WoW an 8. :D
I agree.

I'm an MMO fanatic.

The best MMO's I have played are as follows.

1. Everquest (I had a 65 paladin and a 65 wizard when 65 was the highest
level)

2. Everquest 2 (I have a maxed out level 50 berserker)

3. Dark age of Camelot (Had a maxed out level 50 paladin)

4. World of Warcraft (Thought I'd give this game a try. I currently have a level 30 warrior)

I prefer Everquest 2 to WoW, as you can see, for a couple reasons. It looks way better, I'm not a big fan of the cartoony graphics on WoW. Also, EQ2 isn't packed with little kids like WoW is.

The only reason I have EQ1 ranked ahead of EQ2 is because I played the original for over five years. I think it's a safe bet if I play EQ2 equally long it will come out to be a better game.

XxFiN FaNxX
07-12-2005, 06:29 AM
I play WoW and Guild Wars...i really dont like Guild Wars too much...the characters are way too restricted...u can only have one party member in beginning of the game and when u leave town to go out into the world your in it all by yourself. WoW lets u do everything, see everything, and then some. no matter how long your on...whether its 10 mins or 5 hrs...ur always doing something that will keep you busy.

mor911
07-12-2005, 07:48 AM
I just started playing WoW (friend let me use his trial ofer thingy)... And this really is a great MMO. I love World or Warcraft, and will prolly end up buying my own account.

Dolfan984
07-12-2005, 03:50 PM
I just started playing WoW (friend let me use his trial ofer thingy)... And this really is a great MMO. I love World or Warcraft, and will prolly end up buying my own account.

WoW is a great game to just get into. It'll definately keep you entertained.

Crisis
07-12-2005, 04:07 PM
NeverRest is horrible, WoW is ok though. I just don't buy into the whole pay monthly thing.

Dolfan984
07-12-2005, 04:29 PM
NeverRest is horrible, WoW is ok though. I just don't buy into the whole pay monthly thing.

Nah you just probably don't like indepth games.

I like first person shooters and Madden too heh. Gotta expand the horizon sometimes ;p

Uncle Rico II
07-14-2005, 10:36 PM
I played galaxies for awhile. the jedi grind really took over the game and I lost interest. I'm keeping an eye on lord of the rings online for future gaming.

kastofsna120
07-14-2005, 11:08 PM
i don't like mmorpgs at all

Uncle Rico II
07-14-2005, 11:56 PM
i don't like mmorpgs at all

Why not? I don't like how much time they take away from real life. You could play for the whole day and it would feel like 30 minutes. Other than that they are fun IMO.

Dolphin1184
07-15-2005, 02:45 AM
I play a mmorpg called Redmoon Online. It used to be a pay to play game, but it went out for various reasons in America. Now there are free private servers you can play in like this one: http://redmoon.offbeat-zero.net. It uses the sprite graphic system (like fallout). It is decievingly simple, but the simplest games can be the most fun.

Dolfan984
07-15-2005, 04:31 AM
Why not? I don't like how much time they take away from real life. You could play for the whole day and it would feel like 30 minutes. Other than that they are fun IMO.

Honestly I spend maybe 2-3 hours a week on mine. It's good when there's absolutely nothing to do.

That and my all my friends play madden.

I miss the Finheaven Madden League that was some actual competition.

But we all know who won that one right. ;)

kastofsna120
07-15-2005, 04:14 PM
Why not? I don't like how much time they take away from real life. You could play for the whole day and it would feel like 30 minutes. Other than that they are fun IMO.RPGs and multiplayer just don't mix for me at all

VanDolPhan
07-17-2005, 07:17 PM
:foundout:

WitheringPlant
08-06-2005, 12:25 AM
I played WoW for a few months. It gets pretty boring pretty fast(like all Warcraft games). The classes are too similar. Just about all my friends that used to play quit too (including the level 50+ ones).