PDA

View Full Version : XBOX360 vs. PS3

phinfan2003
07-02-2005, 12:42 PM
OK let me start off by saying that I have been a faithful PS and PS2 guy for the past 9 years. I had plans of reserving the PS3 when it came out so I went to EBgames to find out when that would be. I also started talking to the guys about the PS3 and they gave me some articles to read. After reading the articles and talking with the 2 people there (one of the guys was not an XBOX fan i might add) they basically said that for my needs, XBOX is the way to go. I'm pretty much just an online sports gamer with an occasional interest in shooting games. They talked about how much better XBOX live is than the PS2 online game (even though the XBOX live will cost $50/year) and how XBOX is best for sports and shooting games. To make a long story short, I reserved XBOX360. Do you think I made the right move? Does anybody have a link to sites where I can read unbiased reports on both of these systems?

RAS25
07-02-2005, 03:37 PM
i think u made the right move if your into online games xbox live is the best i know its 50$ a year ,but when you think about it the network adapter for ps2 cost me 25$ then the mic was 25$ so its almost the same. if u can only get 1 system IMO the 360 is the way to go.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html

Motion
07-02-2005, 05:15 PM
How is Xbox 360 better for sports games?

Motion
07-02-2005, 05:16 PM
i think u made the right move if your into online games xbox live is the best i know its 50$ a year ,but when you think about it the network adapter for ps2 cost me 25$ then the mic was 25$ so its almost the same. if u can only get 1 system IMO the 360 is the way to go.

Considering the PS3 will come internet ready and you have to buy a mic for any system you buy that argument has no basis.

RAS25
07-02-2005, 06:57 PM
Considering the PS3 will come internet ready and you have to buy a mic for any system you buy that argument has no basis.

i was talkin about ps2 and the xbox live kit comes with a mic

edit: http://www.megagames.com/news/html/console/xbox360getsahome-officialdetails.shtml this says its free on the 360

RAS25
07-02-2005, 07:06 PM
How is Xbox 360 better for sports games?

both sytems basically have the same games.its just a question which system u like better so i wouldnt switch systems judt for the sports games.but xbox has way better FPS games with the exeption of killzone

byroan
07-02-2005, 07:25 PM

That's not the same thing. The network adapter came with both my ps2, the old and the new slim one.You just happened to buy your ps2 at the wrong time. So I spent $0 on network adapters. My mic was $30, something I don't even use. This is just a one time fee. You plan on playing Xbox live for more than one year, so that adds up. The online price alone will stop me from buying the new Xbox if the ps3 internet is still free.

phinfan2003
07-02-2005, 11:51 PM
That's not the same thing. The network adapter came with both my ps2, the old and the new slim one.You just happened to buy your ps2 at the wrong time. So I spent $0 on network adapters. My mic was $30, something I don't even use. This is just a one time fee. You plan on playing Xbox live for more than one year, so that adds up. The online price alone will stop me from buying the new Xbox if the ps3 internet is still free.

Have you heard anything about the XBOX Live? Again, I've been a faithful PS and PS2 gamer for 9 years but the XBOX live capabilites sound like they are way better than what I've gotten free w/ the PS2.

I must say that if I do go w/ the XBOX, it will a hard adjustment since I've been loyal to Sony all of these years. I'm not looking to make a change for the sake of making a change. I'm looking to get the most out of my gaming experience.

Pagan
07-03-2005, 07:42 AM
Guys, what's with the bitching about paying for XBox live? $50 a year? You guys that cheap you can't spring $4.16 a month? THAT will determine which system you choose? You make it sound like it's gonna put you in the poor house.

:rolleyes:

ohall
07-03-2005, 07:59 AM
I thought there were going to be TWO levels of XBOX Live? One Free and one where you pay where you get to DL maps and other things earlier than anyone else.

Motion
07-03-2005, 09:22 AM
I thought there were going to be TWO levels of XBOX Live? One Free and one where you pay where you get to DL maps and other things earlier than anyone else.

There is, Silver and Gold levels. Silver is free and Gold gives you more stuff but you have to pay for it.

Motion
07-03-2005, 09:26 AM
i was talkin about ps2 and the xbox live kit comes with a mic

edit: http://www.megagames.com/news/html/console/xbox360getsahome-officialdetails.shtml this says its free on the 360

I know what you were talking about. But to say that it costs the same to play online with PS2 and Xbox is totally wrong. The new PS2 comes with a built in network adapter, so its internet ready right out of the box at no extra cost.

Pagan
07-03-2005, 09:58 AM
I know what you were talking about. But to say that it costs the same to play online with PS2 and Xbox is totally wrong. The new PS2 comes with a built in network adapter, so its internet ready right out of the box at no extra cost.
And if you think Sony is going to set up their online community and maintain it free of charge, I have some real estate to sell you. I'd bet some serious bucks that you'll see a charge somewhere.

Jt0323
07-03-2005, 11:08 AM
Im getting the PS3...online is free thats the deal breaker for me... and wireless controllers

finsrule84
07-03-2005, 12:40 PM
Im getting the PS3...online is free thats the deal breaker for me... and wireless controllers

PS3 is going to be a 100 bucks more and you have to buy a hard drive, XBOX 360 has a Hard drive and wireless controllers too. and did i mention 360 will have Tivo?

spydertl79
07-03-2005, 01:36 PM
Will XBOX have GTA at the same time as PS2?

phinfan2003
07-03-2005, 03:28 PM
A lot of you guys are bringing up a lot of good points and commenting about the features that each new system will have. Do any of you know where someone like me could read some unbiased report about each system?

Clark Kent
07-03-2005, 05:19 PM
And if you think Sony is going to set up their online community and maintain it free of charge, I have some real estate to sell you. I'd bet some serious bucks that you'll see a charge somewhere.

It's the only way... IMO, the Xbox is the way to go for online play. It's the most established, and is guaranteed quality.

Motion
07-03-2005, 05:59 PM
A lot of you guys are bringing up a lot of good points and commenting about the features that each new system will have. Do any of you know where someone like me could read some unbiased report about each system?

www.ign.com

Motion
07-03-2005, 06:00 PM
PS3 is going to be a 100 bucks more and you have to buy a hard drive

None of that info has been confirmed for the US market

Motion
07-03-2005, 06:04 PM

And if you actually read the posts you'd know we were talking about PS2 vs. Xbox as of right now :rolleyes:

Pagan
07-03-2005, 06:23 PM
And if you actually read the posts you'd know we were talking about PS2 vs. Xbox as of right now :rolleyes:
Silly me, going by what the thread's supposed to be about...the next generation.

You are correct, PS2's online is free as of now, which is probably why it blows. ;)

mor911
07-03-2005, 06:41 PM
Silly me, going by what the thread's supposed to be about...the next generation.

You are correct, PS2's online is free as of now, which is probably why it blows. ;)

Seems like PS3s online will blow too.

I don't know how you expect to be serious about online play without a hard drive.

http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=2577

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=9887

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/630/630331p1.html

Motion
07-03-2005, 07:07 PM
Seems like PS3s online will blow too.

I don't know how you expect to be serious about online play without a hard drive.

http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=2577

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=9887

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/630/630331p1.html

Their online service is doing alright now without a standard HD. Besides all those links are referring to the Japanese market, nothing has been announced for the US release yet.

finsrule84
07-04-2005, 11:42 AM
None of that info has been confirmed for the US market

they have already confirmed the PS3 is not coming with a hard drive

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/07/01/news_6128501.html

as for the price, it's most likely to be around 399.99

byroan
07-04-2005, 03:52 PM
Guys, what's with the bitching about paying for XBox live? $50 a year? You guys that cheap you can't spring $4.16 a month? THAT will determine which system you choose? You make it sound like it's gonna put you in the poor house.

:rolleyes:

I hate it when people complain about money when they don't know others living situations. If you want to call me cheap because I can't afford $4.16 a month, then go for it. :shakeno:

byroan
07-04-2005, 03:54 PM
I don't care if the PS3 comes with a HD or not IF they let you install any harddrive. With the current(old?) ps2, you have to buy the specially formatted HD that came with FF. Or you have to buy extra software.

Dudeman
07-04-2005, 04:30 PM
I'm going with 360 as well. I think that Microsoft is going to gain a lot more consumers this time, especially with the system coming out a good 6 months (at least) before PS3....

Dudeman
07-04-2005, 04:32 PM

wha? you dont like wireless controllers? 360 has wireless controllers

DonShula84
07-04-2005, 04:34 PM
Have you heard anything about the XBOX Live? Again, I've been a faithful PS and PS2 gamer for 9 years but the XBOX live capabilites sound like they are way better than what I've gotten free w/ the PS2.

It should be better, it is 50$. Ill take the free service, I cant imagine that the XBOX Live is so much better that it is worth the 50$. Plus I liked the PS2 so will most likely get the PS3. Havent really decided yet though

wazzy
07-04-2005, 04:45 PM
I think Xbox was the right way to go. (I'm a sega/playstation fan)

Motion
07-04-2005, 05:11 PM
they have already confirmed the PS3 is not coming with a hard drive

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/07/01/news_6128501.html

as for the price, it's most likely to be around 399.99

IN JAPAN!!! As I said. :shakeno: Nothing has been annouced for the US yet.

phinfan2003
07-04-2005, 05:29 PM
It should be better, it is 50$. Ill take the free service, I cant imagine that the XBOX Live is so much better that it is worth the 50$. Plus I liked the PS2 so will most likely get the PS3. Havent really decided yet though

From speaking to some of the people that work at EB and reading some of the clippings about the XBOX live, they are talking about having video chat, extra levels in games. weekly downloads, etc. Plus if you don't want to pay for it, you can do it on the weekends because it's free. I went in to EB completely bent on getting the PS3, after talking w/ some of the salesmen and reading some info about the XBOX360 and the fact that the controller is now more configured to the PS2 controller, I think I'm going to the dark side.

finsrule84
07-04-2005, 06:43 PM
IN JAPAN!!! As I said. :shakeno: Nothing has been annouced for the US yet.

well there is no way in hell sony can afford to sell it at 299 so it will either be 349 or 399. if it's 349 you still have to buy the hard drive, with that money you can buy a 360 with a hard drive and get XBOX live

besides, 360 has TiVo, that's the dealbreaker for me

phinfan2003
07-04-2005, 06:53 PM
well there is no way in hell sony can afford to sell it at 299 so it will either be 349 or 399. if it's 349 you still have to buy the hard drive, with that money you can buy a 360 with a hard drive and get XBOX live

If the 360 goes for 299 and has all of those things you say, it's definitely the better buy especially if the PS3 is going for 349 or 399.

byroan
07-04-2005, 06:59 PM

Do you have a link? Microsoft said Tivo wasn't going to be an option at E3.

finsrule84
07-04-2005, 07:07 PM
Do you have a link? Microsoft said Tivo wasn't going to be an option at E3.

look closely, one of the buttons says "live TV" and there's also a "rec" button. there's also a windows button, but i don't know if that means it will have windows

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

finsrule84
07-04-2005, 07:16 PM
here, i found a link, look under hardware

http://forums.gamedaily.com/lofiversion/index.php?t82265.html

byroan
07-04-2005, 08:04 PM
here, i found a link, look under hardware

http://forums.gamedaily.com/lofiversion/index.php?t82265.html

You're going by that poster? I've already read that. What makes you think he has any creditability? :rofl3:

The remote has a record button because the Xbox 360 is a Media Center Extender -- meaning you can control all the functions of a Media Center PC from it, but it doesn't do DVR functions itself. They talked about this pretty clearly at E3.

The live TV button is referring to the spectator mode that will be available for most online games, not actual live TV.

Motion
07-04-2005, 08:30 PM

What makes you think they can't sell it at $299? And I was also referring to the "Harddrive separate" issue your claiming as fact. Absolutely nothing has been annouced about how much and what it will come with in the US. Sony hasn't even officially released those details in Japan. All those links are "reports" and speculation. How about you just wait until they officially release all the details before you go stating so called "facts".

Motion
07-04-2005, 08:31 PM

And how do you know PS3 won't have a DVR?

Jt0323
07-04-2005, 08:34 PM
yeah the live tv is to go to ur tv...my tv has a tv/game button which is the same thing...

Deus Ex Dolphin
07-05-2005, 12:20 AM
Remember that Xbox Live will be FREE in Silver level, and cost to move up to Gold level, which lets you play online all the time, versus just on the weekends, on Silver level.

The Xbox Live service has been constantly upgraded since coming out, and the Xbox 360 will take it to the next level.

If paying about $4/month is too much for you? Then how can you afford the $40-50 a month for DSL/Cable broadband? How can you afford $50 games? Videogaming can be an expensive hobby, so please consider checkers, chess, or maybe dominos instead. :)

If you are looking for the BEST online sports gaming experience? Or the best online gaming period? If you want to avoid the cheesers, cheaters, and be able to play only straight up gamers? Xbox Live is designed to help you do that. As soon as you get a Friends List on Xbox Live you have a group a gamers you can join, or invite into games instead of taking chances on some random gamer.

How many of us would love to play in an online sports league, and get to watch other gamers play their games? Or play knowing other league members are watching YOUR game? Or watch a Championship game being played? A least some games on Xbox Live 360 will support that.

The Xbox controller is MUCH better suited to FPS games BTW, while Sony has turned the PS3 controller into a silver banana. Why are there STILL NO triggers for racing games Sony?

finsrule84
07-05-2005, 03:32 PM
What makes you think they can't sell it at $299? And I was also referring to the "Harddrive separate" issue your claiming as fact. Absolutely nothing has been annouced about how much and what it will come with in the US. Sony hasn't even officially released those details in Japan. All those links are "reports" and speculation. How about you just wait until they officially release all the details before you go stating so called "facts".

because selling it at 299 would mean they are losing over $150 per console. they are already going to lose over a billion dollars selling it at $399 and if they do sell it at $299, which is unlikely, don't even dream of seeing the hard drive included.

and you refuse to believe PS3 won't come with a hard drive, i've visited many PS3 message boards and they have already resigned that the PS3 won't come with a hard drive and even made some threads about how much will it cost

and if you don't believe me then i hope you have fun playing with your George Foreman grill because it's "not a video game console"

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

byroan
07-05-2005, 06:51 PM
and if you don't believe me then i hope you have fun playing with your George Foreman grill because it's "not a video game console"

Oh, that's funny!

Not. :shakeno:

I still stand by Sony if they offer their internet service for free.

John Biello
07-05-2005, 07:47 PM
xbox live is the way to go, i have them both and run wireless off of both systems, and xbox blows ps2 out of the water, the games are so much smoothers and i never have lag or connection issues like i do on ps2, thats basically the deciding factor for me this year im gonna get madden and ncaa on xbox, solely because of live.

Motion
07-05-2005, 08:02 PM
and you refuse to believe PS3 won't come with a hard drive, i've visited many PS3 message boards and they have already resigned that the PS3 won't come with a hard drive and even made some threads about how much will it cost

Oh well in that case, if it was said on an internet message board it MUST be true! :sleep: Spare me, until Sony announces it themselves there is no way of knowing.

Motion
07-05-2005, 08:33 PM
From IGN.com...........

PS3 Hard Disk Sold Separately?
Sony to keep hard disk separate from main system, according to magazine.
by Anoop Gantayat (http://ps3.ign.com/email.html)

June 30, 2005 - A recent issue of Famitsu contains confirmation that the PS3 will ship with a slot for a hard drive, but no actual hard drive included. The magazine has a feature in which all facets of the next generation systems are presented for the non-technically inclined (this is done through some hilarious cartoon drawings -- pick up issue 864 to see for yourself!). As part of a section detailing the hard disk functionality of the systems, the magazine states that, while Xbox 360 will ship with a 20 gigabyte hard disk included out of the box, the PS3 hard disk will be sold separately from the main system.

Sony Computer Entertainment has been hinting at this approach for some time now, but hasn't specifically stated its intentions one way or the other. In a recent interview with Nikkei Electronics, a bi-weekly electronics magazine in Japan, SCE president Ken Kutaragi hinted that we could expect an 80 gigabyte size for the PS3 hard disk. Given the added cost of such a large hard disk, Kutaragi's comments seemed to all but confirm that the device would be sold separately.

The question now turns to the cost of the hard disk peripheral. In Japan, Sony currently sells the PlayStation BB unit, which bundles a network adapter and 40 gigabyte hard disk together, for 12,800 yen.

Famitsu is a Japanese magazine, of course, so this confirmation applies only to the Japanese market. We'll have to wait for comment from Sony Computer Entertainment America on the possible stateside inclusion of a mass storage device with the PS3.

finsrule84
07-05-2005, 08:53 PM
there is no way of arguing with these PS3 fanboys, let me guess you also believe Killzone 2 was real and that the PS3 is also twice as powerful as the xbox 360:

"Given the added cost of such a large hard disk, Kutaragi's comments seemed to all but confirm that the device would be sold separately. "

this quote confirms what i've been saying(unless you're willing to pay $450+ for the PS3), it may not be official, but believe me that it will soon

finsrule84
07-05-2005, 09:00 PM
Oh, that's funny!

Not. :shakeno:

Sony themselves said it wasn't a video game console

and considering that the PS3 is more than likely to cost more than the 360 you could get a way better online service for the same price (maybe even less)

Deus Ex Dolphin
07-05-2005, 09:41 PM

And if they don't? Then what?

Just for the record, I doubt Sony includes a HD in the PS3. They will sell it seperately, just like the PS2 one. BTW, other than FFXI, what other PS2 games supported that HD?

Now, Sony might put together a bundle package with the PS3 that includes a HD, but it won't be standard. I'd bet that bundle checks in at $499 too, while the PS3 alone launches at $399. I'm thinking the Xbox 360 launches at $349 then drops in early 2006 to $299. MS will make Sony bleed money they can't afford to lose if Sony tries to price match.

mor911
07-06-2005, 08:30 AM
Alright guys... I'm going to try to be the voice of reason here.

This is a dead end argument. Sony fanboys are gonna say the PS3 is the next best thing since the latex condom. Xbox fanboys are going to say the same for the 360. It's not going anywhere. The PS3 guys seem to be talking out of hope and speculation, because who knows what Sony's going to. One second it's godd a million features. Then every day until the luanch, they explain that they lied and it will not have all of these things. I'm exagerating ofcourse.... But I guess I'm trying to say that Sony is loosing their respect from me (and many gamers I think).

The 360 looks good but all of the editorials seem to say it's not quite "next gen." Being underpowered isn't the end of the world (See PS2 success story). But I would like to know that if I'm spending $300-$350 on a console, it's gonna be the latest greates thing for years to come.

In conclusion... All I ask is that you keep an open mind. Don't down talk the 360 just because you have a PS2 now (and vise versa), It makes no sense.

That is all... Carry on troops. :D

phinfan2003
07-06-2005, 09:09 AM

This is a dead end argument. Sony fanboys are gonna say the PS3 is the next best thing since the latex condom. Xbox fanboys are going to say the same for the 360. It's not going anywhere. The PS3 guys seem to be talking out of hope and speculation, because who knows what Sony's going to. One second it's godd a million features. Then every day until the luanch, they explain that they lied and it will not have all of these things. I'm exagerating ofcourse.... But I guess I'm trying to say that Sony is loosing their respect from me (and many gamers I think).

The 360 looks good but all of the editorials seem to say it's not quite "next gen." Being underpowered isn't the end of the world (See PS2 success story). But I would like to know that if I'm spending $300-$350 on a console, it's gonna be the latest greates thing for years to come.

In conclusion... All I ask is that you keep an open mind. Don't down talk the 360 just because you have a PS2 now (and vise versa), It makes no sense.

I pretty much agree with your argument but I would fall under the category of not pledging allegiance to Sony even though I've been a Sony guy for the past 9 years. From what I've read and heard, I open-mindedly feel that the 360 is going to be the better system for sports (online) gamers like myself.

mor911
07-06-2005, 10:18 AM
Oh.. and also.

If you do want to be a fanboy, that's fine. There is nothing wrong with rooting for someone (Hell, we're all Dofans right??)..

I just don't know why being an Xbox fan means you have to hope Sony does poorly (and vise versa). It's dumb and immature. Both systems wil be awesome. Both companies will make a ton of money. Sony fanboys are gonna get great system with tons of great software. Xbox Fanboys are also gonna see a great library of games. Hoping Microsoft does bad isn't gonna make your PS3 experience any better.. Hell, it might make it worse.

Competition is good people... When Microsoft shows new images Halo3 and talks about how awesome it'll be... Don't say, "Halo sucks!" You should say, "Damn that look awesome... I hope Sony steps it up."

That is all for real this time. :D

finsrule84
07-06-2005, 11:55 AM
i'm not an Xbox fanboy, hell i own a PS2 i just feel that unless you're a computer nerd or super rich the PS3 will be a huge rip-off, the average gamer won't be able to take advantage of all the features of the PS3. But still, a lot of people are going to buy it because they believe all the Hype sony has created, like the PS3 is 2 times as powerful than the 360(they are actually very close in power), or believe that all of the PS3 demos were done in real time(most of them were done in CGI). i'm not supporting sony because they're all just a bunch of liars

Deus Ex Dolphin
07-06-2005, 12:12 PM
I pretty much agree with your argument but I would fall under the category of not pledging allegiance to Sony even though I've been a Sony guy for the past 9 years. From what I've read and heard, I open-mindedly feel that the 360 is going to be the better system for sports (online) gamers like myself.

Since you started this thread to get impressions from other gamers about which system had a better online experience? It seems clear that Xbox Live has the smoothest, most organized online gaming experience. Even the Sony fanboys won't argue that, they just complain about the $50/year cost -which won't even be an issue with Xbox 360 since you can stick with the Silver level of service.

I wonder about some of those who compain about cost though. You guys do understand you'll need broadband service and a High Definition Television to get the most out of the Xbox 360 and PS3, right?

ohall
07-06-2005, 12:18 PM

Compared to what? PS3 has not even at a point where they know what their hardware level is going to be. Please remember PS3 is infamous for over promising what their hardware is actually going to be.

The one thing IMO that will decide this is how much of an early start XBOX 360 is going to get on PS3.

Motion
07-06-2005, 01:57 PM

Oh.. and also.

If you do want to be a fanboy, that's fine. There is nothing wrong with rooting for someone (Hell, we're all Dofans right??)..

I just don't know why being an Xbox fan means you have to hope Sony does poorly (and vise versa). It's dumb and immature. Both systems wil be awesome. Both companies will make a ton of money. Sony fanboys are gonna get great system with tons of great software. Xbox Fanboys are also gonna see a great library of games. Hoping Microsoft does bad isn't gonna make your PS3 experience any better.. Hell, it might make it worse.

Competition is good people... When Microsoft shows new images Halo3 and talks about how awesome it'll be... Don't say, "Halo sucks!" You should say, "Damn that look awesome... I hope Sony steps it up."

That is all for real this time. :D

Very well said! I agree 100%. The whole "fanboy" argument is ridiculous. I'm sure some of you are referring to me, as well as others, as a "Sony fanboy" but honestly I'm not. I'm fully planning on buying both the 360 and the PS3. If anything I'm a "fanboy" of facts. The whole idea of putting down the other system because you like yours better is childish. Yeah, I've defended Sony big time but in doing so you haven't seen me bad mouth MS whatsoever. Personally, I find these debates humorous and entertaining. Afterall as previously mentioned we're all Dolfans and game fans here. Play on! :tongue:

Jt0323
07-07-2005, 04:24 PM
i have a feeling the person who started this tread is a xbox fan boy saying he is a ps2 fan boy to show that xbox is better...all i know is ps3 and xbox360 is better than gamecube revolution

phinfan2003
07-07-2005, 04:34 PM
i have a feeling the person who started this tread is a xbox fan boy saying he is a ps2 fan boy to show that xbox is better...all i know is ps3 and xbox360 is better than gamecube revolution

Well let me tell you (since I'm the one who started this thread) that I have better things to do with my time than to start sh*t like that. That might be something you and your little middle school friends like to do but not me.

mor911
07-07-2005, 04:56 PM
Ok guys.. It's just a discussion. No need to start the bashing. We don't troll here at Finheaven. :D

I know how to make peace....

GO DOLPHINS!!!

Motion
07-07-2005, 06:02 PM
all i know is ps3 and xbox360 is better than gamecube revolution

And what exactly do you know about the Revolution besides what it looks like considering there has been VERY little info released on it?

K-train
07-08-2005, 01:45 PM
I'm leaning very much toward XBOX 360

Pagan
07-08-2005, 01:52 PM
And what exactly do you know about the Revolution besides what it looks like considering there has been VERY little info released on it?
Well, unless Nintendo changes it's policies drastically one thing you can COUNT on is that it will be the "family oriented" system.

Most of the games will be cutesy. At least from track record.

Personally, I hope they do change a little....

Jt0323
07-08-2005, 02:03 PM

Come on even tho its little info on it their is no way Revolution wull be better than PS3 or 360 bc Nitendo makes games for kids...all thier games are kiddie games...

Jt0323
07-08-2005, 02:04 PM
That might be something you and your little middle school friends like to do but not me.

well one thing is i am not in middle school...im going on my 3rd year of high school so why wont u just shut up...

TheAnswer385
07-11-2005, 03:23 PM
PS3 is going to be a 100 bucks more and you have to buy a hard drive, XBOX 360 has a Hard drive and wireless controllers too. and did i mention 360 will have Tivo?are you sure about that

phinfan2003
07-11-2005, 03:42 PM
well one thing is i am not in middle school...im going on my 3rd year of high school so why wont u just shut up...

By writing that, you pretty much sealed it for me youngin. Have fun trying to become a pokemon master.

Jt0323
07-11-2005, 03:55 PM
By writing that, you pretty much sealed it for me youngin. Have fun trying to become a pokemon master.

im more mature at 16 than u are at 28...thats pretty sad

Motion
07-11-2005, 04:07 PM
are you sure about that

No, he's not sure. No pricing details have been announced for any of the new systems. Yes, all the new systems come with wireless controllers, not sure about hard drives yet. And a Tivo(DVR) function is rumored to be built in to both the Xbox 360 and PS3.

Motion
07-11-2005, 04:10 PM

im more mature at 16 than u are at 28...thats pretty sad

Why don't you two take your :monkeyr: contest somewhere else? :shakeno:

finsrule84
07-12-2005, 12:09 PM
are you sure about that

well i was sure it did but after researching some more i'm not, it can have DVR features but that's only if you have a media center PC. that sucks because if it did have it, microsoft would sell millions more units. could still happen though....

as for the pricing it might be lower now that they dropped the router but i'm 100% sure it will be at least $50-$100 more than the 360 (they put a lot of expensive sh** on the PS3) if they now decide to include the hard drive, i might eventually get the thing once the price drops

mor911
07-12-2005, 01:43 PM
I'm kind of glad it's not a DVR. I would rather they use that developement time and dollars on making an excellent GAME machine... as opposed to an all in one machine that plays games too.

phinfan2003
07-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Why don't you two take your :monkeyr: contest somewhere else? :shakeno:

Are you joining it?

phinfan2003
07-12-2005, 02:22 PM
Did anybody else hear that the XBOX360 is going to be expandable and upgradable so that you won't have to buy another system for years to come but instead simply buy the upgrade?

Motion
07-12-2005, 02:39 PM
Are you joining it?

No

Jt0323
07-12-2005, 02:52 PM
Are you joining it?
:shakeno:

JPhinfan86
07-16-2005, 03:02 AM
It is confirmed that PS3 will be more powerful than XBOX 360 but I don't believe the gap will be all that significant. I say that from a capability-assesment standpoint. That's more or less like saying i'm richer than Primetime because I have $5.00 and he has $4.99 :lol: .

kastofsna120
07-16-2005, 09:47 AM
i'll get the cheaper one

Dudeman
07-16-2005, 02:12 PM
Come on even tho its little info on it their is no way Revolution wull be better than PS3 or 360 bc Nitendo makes games for kids...all thier games are kiddie games...

yeah, like Resident Evil 4? :rolleyes:

Dudeman
07-16-2005, 02:13 PM
i'll get the cheaper one

honestly, the cheaper of the 2 will probably be 360.

Dudeman
07-16-2005, 02:16 PM
It is confirmed that PS3 will be more powerful than XBOX 360 but I don't believe the gap will be all that significant. I say that from a capability-assesment standpoint. That's more or less like saying i'm richer than Primetime because I have $5.00 and he has $4.99 :lol: .

the Cell chip will be more powerful than the 3 3.5 ghz processors in the 360? possibly, but what makes the difference is the GPU, and as of right now, nobody knows which will be more powerful.

finsrule84
07-16-2005, 02:34 PM
to anyone that thinks PS3 is way more powerful than the xbox 360:

Project gotham racing 3 (XBOX 360)
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/07/1121450934-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/07/1121450933-1.jpg
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/07/projectgothamracing320050628043636682-1.jpg
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/07/projectgothamracing320050628043706361-1.jpg

and yes, it's in-game (unlike Killzone 2)

HysterikiLL
07-21-2005, 06:33 PM
I'm a loyal PS supporter and I intend on purchasing the PS3, however I am still undecided. The fact that the XBOX360 has TiVo is a big pull factor for me. We'll see.

gators910
07-21-2005, 06:46 PM
you can have the ps3,,xbox360 is the way to go,,ps online is not even close to xbox live,,played them both not even close,,even if it costs 50,,,buy one less game during the year and thats your online cost..

phinfan2003
07-21-2005, 09:51 PM
I'm pretty much strictly a sports gamer but those graphics that were posted are amazing (assuming they aren't CGI)!

nevadadolfan
07-23-2005, 01:31 AM
And if you think Sony is going to set up their online community and maintain it free of charge, I have some real estate to sell you. I'd bet some serious bucks that you'll see a charge somewhere.:rofl4: :rofl4:

Online.....XBOX #^) is the only way to go they are the inovators and they will lead the online war in the next generation period.

Phin-o-rama
07-24-2005, 12:25 AM
the ps3 is supposed to process almost double the number of gigaflops that the xbox360 will be able to.

ill wait till the ps3 is released so i can compare the two systems and buy the one that offers the most....its still too eary to tell...sony has time to add stuff to stall people from buying the xbox360.

nevadadolfan
07-25-2005, 04:08 PM
I dont care about the numbers I am a loyal guy and I am getting xbox 360 I dont like playstation, never have owned one. But I am a video game fan first and foremost and its all about the game and I think xbox and microsoft have done so many good things for the videogame world and for that I am sticking w/ them.

mor911
07-25-2005, 04:26 PM
I personally think it's dumb to claim loyalty to anyone of 2 systems that have not been released. I know I will get a 360. The price seems right, and If it's anythink like it's daddy (current Xbox) I will love it. I'm no fan of the PS2 (although some of my favorite games of all time are on it) but I've been through too many PS2s. I'm not giving Sony another $150. I think everyone who has a PS2 is on at least their second one. The first 2 runs of PS2s were crash disasters. If the PS3 is under $350 I'll get it it too. If it's not, I'll wait for the price to drop.

#84Fan4Life
07-25-2005, 04:50 PM
Woohoo, I just put my deposit on the 360 yesterday. The guy at the store (EB) told me they are only getting 41 for this year and after I reserved one they only have 3 left so if anyone is waiting to make a deposit I would advise you do it soon. I can't wait until that damn thing comes out.:D

Timmy54
07-25-2005, 04:53 PM

Both systems will supposedly have wireless controllers!

mor911
07-25-2005, 04:54 PM
Not to mention, I would rather pay for it if it'd mean it works smoothly. PS2's online system is a mess.

Phin-o-rama
07-25-2005, 10:33 PM
I personally think it's dumb to claim loyalty to anyone of 2 systems that have not been released. I know I will get a 360. The price seems right, and If it's anythink like it's daddy (current Xbox) I will love it. I'm no fan of the PS2 (although some of my favorite games of all time are on it) but I've been through too many PS2s. I'm not giving Sony another $150. I think everyone who has a PS2 is on at least their second one. The first 2 runs of PS2s were crash disasters. If the PS3 is under $350 I'll get it it too. If it's not, I'll wait for the price to drop.

ive had my ps2 since the date it was released....and it still works fine :)

Jt0323
07-25-2005, 11:25 PM
ive had my ps2 since the date it was released....and it still works fine :)

same here

dolfan_101
07-26-2005, 12:15 AM
Can we make this thread a poll???

Slappy8800
07-26-2005, 01:47 AM
Both systems will supposedly have wireless controllers!
and both will have free online

#84Fan4Life
07-26-2005, 04:24 PM
I can't believe the number of people who say that they will get the PS3 because it has free internet. The Xbox 360 will more than likely own the PS3 as far as internet connection goes and people aren't willing to pay $50 for better quality. It's just kinda funny that people will spend $500+ to get the system, extra controller, and a couple of games yet they won't spend $4 a month for a far better service. Oh well to each his own because I'm getting all 3 next gen systems anyway.:D

mor911
07-26-2005, 04:25 PM
I can't believe the number of people who say that they will get the PS3 because it has free internet. The Xbox 360 will more than likely own the PS3 as far as internet connection goes and people aren't willing to pay $50 for better quality. It's just kinda funny that people will spend $500+ to get the system, extra controller, and a couple of games yet they won't spend $4 a month for a far better service. Oh well to each his own because I'm getting all 3 next gen systems anyway.:D
:yeahthat:

PhinsPhan
07-26-2005, 06:21 PM
no one is talking about the revolution at all. Most people just keep saying that Nintendo makes kiddy games. I think the Revolution is going to be amazing, about the only thing known about it so far though is that you can download any game you want from the Nintendo library and play it for free. All NES, SNES, I think even N64. Also Nintendo is really trying hard to break away from the same old video gaming stuff (ie better graphics) and are really trying to think on a different level. I got the Nintendo DS because of this and I love it.

That being said I am going to get an XBOX 360 I think. I am still unsure but that is my early thought. I own an XBox right now and I loved it. I also ended up getting a PS2 and Gamecube over time. I will get an XBOX now and if in the future the Revolution truely is all it is cracked up to be I might consider getting that when it comes out, but that is still awhile away.

suhawk
07-27-2005, 06:51 PM
no one is talking about the revolution at all. Most people just keep saying that Nintendo makes kiddy games. I think the Revolution is going to be amazing, about the only thing known about it so far though is that you can download any game you want from the Nintendo library and play it for free. All NES, SNES, I think even N64. Also Nintendo is really trying hard to break away from the same old video gaming stuff (ie better graphics) and are really trying to think on a different level. I got the Nintendo DS because of this and I love it.

Has anyone else noticed that Nintendo seem to have lost their innovative edge (at least when it comes to home consoles rather than handhelds)?

I have a GBA at the moment and it has some great, fun, original games on it. I hear the DS has as well. However for the last couple of generations of home console, it seems to me that Nintendo have been doing nothing more than re-hashing the same old ideas time and time again.

I hope that they can get back on track with the Revolution because I always loved Nintendo when I was growing up. They had the best games time and time again.

finsrule84
07-27-2005, 09:23 PM
well the revolution is supposed to have "revolutionary" controllers, nothing's been announced yet though

Dudeman
07-28-2005, 08:11 PM
Woohoo, I just put my deposit on the 360 yesterday. The guy at the store (EB) told me they are only getting 41 for this year and after I reserved one they only have 3 left so if anyone is waiting to make a deposit I would advise you do it soon. I can't wait until that damn thing comes out.:D

I'm going to reserve it online once the major online retailers start accepting orders. I hate going to gamestores on launch day with all the little kids running around, picking their noses and touching everything. Nothing better than to sit back, and have it delivered to your door.