PDA

View Full Version : Top Fantasy players on the team

dolfan348454999
07-02-2005, 11:02 PM
I know it is really early for some, but I have already started thinking about Fantasy football this year. My leagues draft is really early. So as a Dolfan I am going to keep my eye on Dolphins on draft day. Here is where I would rank the Dolphins players fantasy wise.
1)Ronnie Brown
2)Chris Chambers
3)Randy McMicheal
4)D
5)Marty Booker
6)David Boston

dolfan348454999
07-02-2005, 11:11 PM
I have seen on some fantasy sites Boston being ranked much higher then Booker. I would have thought that it was the other way around. Even though Booker doesn't have many 50 yard catches he his a much safer pick then Boston. Boston is coming off an injury and probubly will only be ranked third on the depth chart at best.

fins1
07-02-2005, 11:17 PM
I'de put Randy above CC especially in leagues where you have to start a TE.

Mile High Fin
07-02-2005, 11:19 PM
If Ricky returns, Ronnie's production will suffer........this year, at least.

Phinz420
07-02-2005, 11:31 PM
1)Ronnie Brown
2)Chris Chambers
3)Randy McMicheal
4)D
5)Marty Booker
6)David Boston

I think ronnie is a huge question for fantasy because alot of his potential numbers for this year depends on ricky williams and our offensive line. if ricky were to struggle after his return ronnie will definatly be productive but it could be painful to take him too early to see him get alot of split carries. Ronnie Brown is at best a solid #2 RB in FF.

Chambers could be explosive this year. he put up modest numbers with our wretchid QB situation(you see this by all the big plays he made which were horrible throws) and the signing of boston means they cant soley focus on Chambers or they will pay for it.

Randy is a big time FF player, I would rank him as #1 from our team without question. drafting him pretty early isnt a bad move as TE can be a spot that many people find disapointed in. It can also be a possition that makes the difference if you have somone who is as consistant as Randy. However its quite obvious hes not the best out there but he is for sure a top 3-5 TE.

Our defense faces some questions in the secondary but well have to wait and see untill the season starts. Saban has made some brilliant changes to the D but well have to see his work put into action. Alot of people might be shying away from the phins d this year because of our 4-12 record from last year, which could be nice for us phin phreaks.

Marty Booker I wouldnt pick, nor would i pick Boston. those guys will not be drafted in most leagues and at most will be early or mid-season free agent gap fillers, IMO.

Im hoping to snag Miami's D somwhat late if possible and hopfully I can land Ronnie as my #2 back as I feel he will succeed very well in our system. Even if ricky does well ronnie should get plenty of time at the slot and even some time with ricky on the field at the same time. Just my opinion tho!

dolfan348454999
07-03-2005, 11:32 AM
I think ronnie is a huge question for fantasy because alot of his potential numbers for this year depends on ricky williams and our offensive line. if ricky were to struggle after his return ronnie will definatly be productive but it could be painful to take him too early to see him get alot of split carries. Ronnie Brown is at best a solid #2 RB in FF.

Chambers could be explosive this year. he put up modest numbers with our wretchid QB situation(you see this by all the big plays he made which were horrible throws) and the signing of boston means they cant soley focus on Chambers or they will pay for it.

Randy is a big time FF player, I would rank him as #1 from our team without question. drafting him pretty early isnt a bad move as TE can be a spot that many people find disapointed in. It can also be a possition that makes the difference if you have somone who is as consistant as Randy. However its quite obvious hes not the best out there but he is for sure a top 3-5 TE.

Our defense faces some questions in the secondary but well have to wait and see untill the season starts. Saban has made some brilliant changes to the D but well have to see his work put into action. Alot of people might be shying away from the phins d this year because of our 4-12 record from last year, which could be nice for us phin phreaks.

Marty Booker I wouldnt pick, nor would i pick Boston. those guys will not be drafted in most leagues and at most will be early or mid-season free agent gap fillers, IMO.

Im hoping to snag Miami's D somwhat late if possible and hopfully I can land Ronnie as my #2 back as I feel he will succeed very well in our system. Even if ricky does well ronnie should get plenty of time at the slot and even some time with ricky on the field at the same time. Just my opinion tho!

In my league HBs are by far the most valubale position.

dolfan348454999
07-03-2005, 11:33 AM
I'de put Randy above CC especially in leagues where you have to start a TE.

There about equal in my mind.

dolfan348454999
07-03-2005, 11:37 AM
If Ricky returns, Ronnie's production will suffer........this year, at least.

Even after his suspension Ricky it is going to take time before he gets back into the swing of things. So it will be mid season before Brown gets much competition.

Losman7
07-03-2005, 11:40 AM
First Rounders: 0
Second Rounders: 0
Third rounders: Chambers
Fourth Rounders: McMichael, Brown (w/o Ricky would be 3rd)
Fifth Rounders: Boston/booker
Sixth round: D

Smoke
07-03-2005, 12:52 PM
Does your league have defensive players? If so, Zach puts up good fantasy numbers.

Jimmy James
07-03-2005, 01:17 PM
First Rounders: 0
Second Rounders: 0
Third rounders: Chambers
Fourth Rounders: McMichael, Brown (w/o Ricky would be 3rd)
Fifth Rounders: Boston/booker
Sixth round: D

I don't think I'd put Boston up as high as you have him, but I think you're pretty much right for a 1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1K, 1D league. I think you'd also find that bargain shoppers will hold off on a kicker to take a player like Mare very late in the draft. Feeley should go earlier than that as a 2nd or 3rd QB if he looks to be the starter.

In a keeper sort of league, I think you'll see Ronnie Brown go earlier. In a leage with no required TE starter, McMichael is maybe an 8th rounder.

BoyderPhin
07-03-2005, 01:38 PM
Yeah, I don't see Ronnie Brown being the #1 fantasy player on the Phins roster as well.

I think I would personally rather have Randy first. Good TEs are usally hard to come by. And he causes so many mismatches, if we started throwing the ball more like they say we are gonna, he should be the #1 fantasy player on the team.

Chambers is a pretty good one to have too. I can only think that teams won't beable to double down on him with all the weapons we have now.

But it all goes back to the quarterbacking as well. The only way those two guys get good numbers, is if Mr. AJ can get his numbers.

I kinda see it as a domino affect.

Phinfanatic84
07-03-2005, 02:46 PM

What kind of league are you in? Chris Chambers is at best a #2 fantasy WR and will probably get drafted in the 5th round or so but you're nuts if you draft Randy McMichael "early". He's not a top 3 or 5 "fantasy" TE... he's a top 10 fantasy TE. I wouldn't touch him until at least the 8th or 9th round (in a typical 12 team 14 round draft TD & Yardage league).

Ronnie Brown as your #2 back???? That's crazy. In the second round you should look at Tatum Bell, Kevin Jones, or Julius Jones to be your #2 back. I'd actually take a #3 back like Michael Bennett over Ronnie Brown in a non-keeper league because of the Ricky factor but if you're in a keeper league then I could see taking Ronnie Brown around the 4th round or so.

I wouldn't draft our D either... With defenses...you either grab a stud D like Baltimore or Buffalo in the 8th or 9th round or you wait to the very end and see what you can grab in 13th rd or just wait and pick one up on the WW. Don't draft kickers until the last round or wait and grab one on the WW.

Most league's are won by getting three or four "impact players" in the draft and then working the waiver wire. If you have money involved in your league then don't be a "homer" and look to draft fins for the sake of having a couple fins on your team. I won two of my three league's last year and pocketed a nice $1,000 prize in my dynasty league (keeper league, full defense, draft rookies only) and to be honest, I don't have any Dolphins on two of my three teams.

I have ESPN Insider, KFFL, and Fantasy Guru subscriptions. ESPN is by far the worse of the three but they have the 500 local links that I use very often since I've found that each local paper seems to cover their team better then say two or three guys at ESPN. Also be sure to check these sites daily (if possible) www.footballinjuries.com, www.fantasyguru.com, www.sportsbuff.com, www.kffl.com to keep up or ahead with the other owners in your league but reading the local papers for each team is the best way to go. There's usually a few for each team. Here's some off of the top of my head:
www.signonsandiego.com
www.pittsburghlive.com
www.azcentral.com
www.stltoday.com
www.dallasnews.com
www.vikingupdate.com
www.sunsentinel.com
www.detnews.com
www.buffalonews.com
www.ajc.com (Atlanta Journal Constitution)
www.cinncinnati.com (Cinncinnati Enquirer)
www.ohio.com (Beacon Journal)
www.nj.com (Jets & Giants)
www.sptimes.com (St. Petersburg Times)
www.sunspot.net (Ravens)
www.tbo.com (Tampa Bay Tribune)
www.packersnews.com
www.seattletimes.com
www.tennessean.com
www.rochesterdemocrat.com (Buffalo Bills)
www.chicagosports.com (Chicago Tribune)
www.bostonherald.com
www.providencejournal.com (Patriots)
www.twincities.com (Vikings)
www.startribune.com (Vikings)

Phinfanatic84
07-05-2005, 05:18 AM
Bump

MillerTime
07-07-2005, 04:57 PM
1. McMichael
2. Chambers
3. Brown

I dont see any other Dolphins getting drafted, unless its a league with a lot of people.