PDA

View Full Version : Put up or shut up about Ray Lucas!

snookphin
10-25-2002, 08:14 PM
In my opinion, Ray Lucas will change the minds of most folks in this joint come November 4th. I think Jay Fiedler was the perfect QB to start the season, but he has proven to have limitations that limit this offense. Ray Lucas's gun, mobility and creativity will breathe fresh life into this unit, and it will be evident immediately. Will he make some mistakes shaking off the rust? Yes. Will he take some chances that make you flinch? Certainly. But here's the clincher: If the Phins had stuck with Jay Fiedler, they would have been assured of more cautious, dink-and-dunk, weak-kneed offense, and a likely first round thumping. Ray Lucas will show us the difference a strong-armed, mobile QB can make, and he'll do so starting November 4th.

Why do I say that? Simple: Ray is at the age most NFL QBs come into their own. That occurrence generally follows a change of scenery and a team featuring good offensive weapons. It's often accompanied by a period of time watching another vet play in a new offense, and I believe Ray when he says Jay has taught him the value of sailing the ball rather than taking sacks. Ray is in the perfect situation, and IMO he will spark the Phins first explosive offensive showing of the Ricky era. Will it last? Dunno. Ray is prone to injury and has trouble maintaining a steady level of play.

So there it is, my RAY WILL DO WELL NOVEMBER 4th vote. Have sack, and cast your own. Either agree or disagree. I will accept no milktoast, HeffT-esque, down-the-middle mumblings. Pick a side and raise your dukes.

Mr.Reality
10-25-2002, 08:55 PM
Ray Lucas should have been starting from day 1. Jay Fiedler couldn't throw himself off a grease covered sphere.

SoFL-Cheesehead
10-25-2002, 09:05 PM
I disagree with you!!

Jay has done a great job in running the team and in today;s NFL it is how you run the team that counts. Only a few teams have an outstanding QB that can carry a team on their backs like GB's Brett Farve!

With the Dolphin;s defense and the running of Ricky Williams, the Dolphins need a QB that does not make the mental mistake that can cause the team to loose! Ray Lucas has the ablity to move around more than Jay, but Jay has the better head for football!!

T for Texas
10-26-2002, 12:12 AM
I'm undecided.

BTW... who is Ray Lucas?

Mr.Reality
10-26-2002, 12:16 AM
What do they call driftwood in Miami? Rafts?