PDA

View Full Version : Spurrier to become more involved with team's personnel decisions

snookphin
10-25-2002, 08:21 PM
Here's the Story (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A2076-2002Oct22.html )

I don't think Lewis is going anywhere soon, and I do think Spurrier deserves to have more of a say about the personnel he coaches.
Biggest disappointment in Redskins country is not the offensive struggles, given that Spurrier is working with a lack of talent and depth at a number of spots. It's the defense that has fallen on it's face despite a bushel-load of talent and the hiring of a very good defensive mind. A good defense can keep you in games and set up your offense for success even when the offense is struggling (don't we know it). Spurrier expected that luxury, but he hasn't had it, to date. I also think he should play Jaquez Green more, he is a top 10 receiver in this league.

iceblizzard69
10-25-2002, 08:47 PM
I think the Redskins will blow one way or the other....I hate Spurrier.

SoFL-Cheesehead
10-25-2002, 09:08 PM
anythign bad happens to the Gators...Opps the Redskins makes me happy!!

GO CANES!!!

T for Texas
10-25-2002, 11:39 PM
I think Pierpont is correct: you are nothin' more than a has-been flag footballer who has a ****-erotic fixation on the ol' ball coach. As long as he keeps yankin' QBs like you keep yankin' yer pud, they're gonna suck.

And I think he wears his visor too tight.

Mr.Reality
10-25-2002, 11:44 PM
What QBs?

T for Texas
10-25-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Reality
What QBs?

The convo here is about Washington, not Miami. Get your head in the game, dude.

Mr.Reality
10-25-2002, 11:51 PM
Oh yeah. The Hoyas. True. They do have better QBs than the Dolphins.