PDA

View Full Version : How many of you play in leagues where there is a big payout?

phinfan2003
07-06-2005, 07:41 AM
This year I'm starting my own league. I've played in countless of leagues and this year I wanted to run my own league. I've been recruiting people left and right and we have about half the league full already. One of the reasons that I wanted to start my own league is because I wanted to play for a big prize. On the one hand, it's great to play w/ friends for bragging rights but it's also great to play for a big prize to help offset Christmas spending :D . Does anyone else play in a big money league? If so, what makes you keep coming back each year? I want to run my league good the 1st year so that people keep coming back and we can have a great league for years to come. I also want to make it appealing enough so that people pony up the $200 and I can fill up my last 6 slots quickly. Any feedback would be welcomed.

hunter5nc1
07-06-2005, 10:48 PM
Yeah I do we can set another one up if you want E-mail shannonleazer@hotmail.com

phinfan2003
07-07-2005, 07:21 AM
Yeah I do we can set another one up if you want E-mail shannonleazer@hotmail.com

I sent you an email but for some reason, it said that there was a problem sending it to that address. I'll try it again.

Edgar

MikeO
07-10-2005, 09:33 AM
I play in a big money league. They are fun as hell.

The one thing to remember is if you want people to pony up $200 to play, you MUST make sure its legit. No bad trades must be sent through where it looks like their is cheating and such.

Im interested in such a league if you are doing it online and all. PhinZone@aol.com email me if there are spots open.

nyjunc
07-10-2005, 09:44 AM
This year I'm starting my own league. I've played in countless of leagues and this year I wanted to run my own league. I've been recruiting people left and right and we have about half the league full already. One of the reasons that I wanted to start my own league is because I wanted to play for a big prize. On the one hand, it's great to play w/ friends for bragging rights but it's also great to play for a big prize to help offset Christmas spending :D . Does anyone else play in a big money league? If so, what makes you keep coming back each year? I want to run my league good the 1st year so that people keep coming back and we can have a great league for years to come. I also want to make it appealing enough so that people pony up the $200 and I can fill up my last 6 slots quickly. Any feedback would be welcomed.

My league costs about $250 a year and every move we make costs us money(for example $10 a FA or trade) so the pot is pretty big. I love it, I have only finished out of the money twice in 7 years so it's been worth it.

What keeps me coming back? I don't think it's anything specific other than I want to win and it's fun.

phinfan2003
07-10-2005, 12:21 PM
I play in a big money league. They are fun as hell.

The one thing to remember is if you want people to pony up $200 to play, you MUST make sure its legit. No bad trades must be sent through where it looks like their is cheating and such.

Im interested in such a league if you are doing it online and all. PhinZone@aol.com email me if there are spots open.

Mike, I sent you an email with the rules. The league will be a live, online draft.

MikeO
07-10-2005, 01:09 PM
Mike, I sent you an email with the rules. The league will be a live, online draft.

Never got the email.

Try sending it again.

PhinZone@aol.com